Create Account

Season 67 Hall of Fame Ceremony

[Image: westbroek_s4.png?ex=65dcac65&is=65ca3765...y=lossless][Image: martijinwestbroekhof_noautograph.png?ex=...y=lossless]

Martijn Westbroek

@JNH

syndicate : S48 - S65

Career Regular Season Stats:
GP: 1044 | G: 433 | A: 572 | P: 1005 | +/-: 403 | Hit: 1006 | SB: 762

Career Playoff Stats:
GP: 179 | G: 64 | A: 83 | P: 147 | +/-: 46 | Hit: 186 | SB: 170

Awards:
1x Third Team All-SHL
1x Second Team All-SHL
3x First Team All-SHL
1x Aidan Richan Nomination
3x Ron Mexico Nomination
1x Aidan Richan Winner
1x Anton Razov Winner
2x Challenge Cup Champion (S57, S64)

Committee Quotes:
“Martijn Westbroek: third-most points (1005), second-best point/game average (0.96), second most All-SHL nominations out of any eligible player, a long 18-season career, two award wins, two cups, and four nominations. Also top 10 in point/game average and top 5 in playoff points. Showing a ton of offensive consistency in the regular season and playoffs having a similar career trajectory as Morgan but produced a bit less offensively and had fewer award/cup wins than Morgan.”

“Westbroek could have easily been 2nd on this list, and heck, if I filled this out tomorrow, maybe he would be. With tons of all-around talent, production, and recognition, Westbroek should be a first-ballot HoFer just like the top 2 on my list”

“Westbroek's resume is eerily similar to that of both Pepperoni and Morgan. 5 All-SHL selections, two award wins (including a Razov), and two Cups over his 18-season career. 1005 points, 0.96 points per game, Westbroek is a deserving first-ballot when compared to existing HoF players and fellow ballot-eligible players.”

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

That concludes the player portion of this ceremony! We now move on to the GM Induction!

Throughout his tenure as a General Manager spanning seven seasons, this GM has left an indelible mark not only on the league but in the locker room that he led, shaping his team into formidable contenders and guiding them to success. His achievements, including a large number of Awards, two President's Trophies, and a Challenge Cup, stand as a testament to his skill in assembling and managing a winning roster. Moreover, his accolades and nominations further underscore his profound impact on the league, proving that his success was not due to inheriting a strong team, but building the pieces into a cohesive unit and leading them to success.

[Image: SDCore_HOF.png?ex=65dca6ef&is=65ca31ef&h...y=lossless]

@SDCore

syndicate : S60 - S66

334-109-19

2x Presidents Cup (S62, S64)
1x Challenge Cup Championship (S64)

Awards:
1x Lance Uppercut Nomination
1x Lance Uppercut Winner
4x Joe McKeil Winner

Committee Quotes:
“Even though he had quite a short tenure in 7 seasons he won 5 awards (most out of any eligible GM), 1 nomination, 2 President’s trophies (most out of any eligible GM), a Cup, and has the best win percentage out of any eligible GM. He has a better resume than some GMs on the ballot that have had twice as long as a career. Also in my opinion he (in tandem with Nham) was one of the best coaches in the FHM era getting the most out of Chicago even with a regressing core season after season staying consistently at the top of the league.”

“I'm hesitant to nominate someone with just 7 seasons, but he won coach of the year more often than not, led the league in points twice, and won a cup. He did more in 7 seasons than any of the nominees did with more time under their belt.”

“Despite Corey's short tenure, he won five awards in those seven seasons, managed two Presidents trophies, and a Cup win. Corey helped cultivate a locker room culture that attracted free agents in ways that every other General Manager just couldn't compete with. Ignoring the fact that he was one of, if not the best tactical General Managers in his time, squeezing out every single ounce of skill and performance from an aging core, Corey's lasting legacy in Chicago was, is, and will forever be the culture that he helped grow and blossom.”

This concludes the Season 67 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony! See you all soon for the next one!

Congrats, all! Thanks for the ceremony, Smith!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Thanks so much! Congrats to everyone else who made it as well. This is a great class!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 10:04 PM by luke. Edited 1 time in total.)

Interesting choice for Corey as GM HOF. Especially with Velevra right there that built most of the core and won a cup with Chicago too

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 01:35 AM by Otrebor13. Edited 1 time in total.)

Super excited to join the HOF and what an honor, thanks to all who voted for me! Also want to give a huge congratulations to both @Sean and @JNH on getting in to the hall as well. Fantastic careers for both players and I knew how good they were having to play them quite a bit, and having played alongside Pepperoni for my season in Edmonton. Extremely well deserved for both!

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

02-13-2024, 05:21 PMSDCore Wrote: Not blaming you but to skip a full season of eligibility is kind of crazy. To hand wave it as it was already decided and then to not reset is interesting.
Ya it makes me sad but I guess it means Slothface doesn’t have a chance anyways. Was weird seeing it was his second season after not appearing on a ballot before.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

02-14-2024, 01:41 AMslothfacekilla Wrote: Ya it makes me sad but I guess it means Slothface doesn’t have a chance anyways. Was weird seeing it was his second season after not appearing on a ballot before.

yeah i think most people skipped a season too, guy zheng went from his 1st to 3rd season

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Congrats to everyone who made it in! Well-deserved. Also great to see this whole thing to progress more quickly now.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Great class… Congrats to all!

Special congrats to @SDCore and @JNH <3

Love to see the HoF making headway!

[Image: Wally.png]

What a great class, congratulations everyone!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]