Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

I really found the rendering and building a player cool I made my first player Kayden pale similar too too Chris pronger. I regret being a passive dick around the league making it harder for my recreate

Quote:
Citadelles

Honestly? The first couple of days were rough and I wasn't sure I was going to stick with the league. I felt faceless; no one aside from the J Intern (who was @ACapitalChicago, come to think) said anything on my player page, and the rookie mentor at the time just pasted a standardized message in the DM sent. The scouting was all form letters on the forums, and while the scouts were nice in our limited back-and-forths, I didn't know where I was going to go because I felt like people cared, just not about me. Even the team that drafted me hadn't talked to me before sending a link to the LR. It took a while to carve out a spot for myself and make friends, and I'm glad I stuck with it!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

As someone who had never done anything like this before it was alot. all the great Mentors and GMs in the J made adapting to all this very easy and fun though.

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

It was a great time honestly. I met a great crew in PGF and always had a blast with everyone in the locker room. I didn’t end up finding that same groove in the SHL and fizzled out. But the community has kept me coming back!

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

My first create on this site was me doing a like 8000 word writeup on my draft class (which wasn't that deep) which lead to going 2nd overall. What a thrill of a time it was - meeting all these new faces.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

My first impressions post-draft were good and as a rule of thumb only gotten better; landing with Detroit was a great stroke of luck. Love that Nash. Certain other interactions have been distinctly unpleasant but most of the beef has been buried there.

[Image: Skree.gif]

Asking @Bayley if he was dutch would be my first interaction here I guess. Silly people creating dutch named players still trick me even we are more then a decade away from this happening.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

I was a bit quiet at first cause I had no clue what to expect. I soon realized that ANC was filled with a bunch of fun shitposters like myself and fit right in.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

I honestly don't remember who it was, but one of the rookie mentors invited me to the rookie discord and asked if I had any questions. I'm more of a figure it out myself kind of guy tho and I was just reading all the new player guides on the site.

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

I must say coming in I didn't exactly have high expectations, but was pleasantly surprised by the welcoming messages from all of the GM's coming to scout.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Well the first time I created a player on SHL, it was under a different account and I stayed around for under an hour. Too confusing. The next time around I was able to figure stuff out.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Mine was primarily through the Russia locker room. Was an amazing introduction with ztevans, pris, slowpoke, and a number of other awesome users. Definitely makes the experience a lot better. And can't forget the S50 LR either!

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Back in the day when I joined the league I was totally noob. Had never participated in a league like this before and I was scared nobody would draft my player. I was home alone with the kid and he wanted food so I had to go to the pizza store and grab one. And then it rained in messages about the draft and I had like seven conversations on Discord with my phone while getting the pizza. I got drafted. It was fun. Would do it again.

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Oh man, the S53 class server was my first introduction to the league and my goodness that was insane. I still love and hold fondly the memory of the S53 class though many of us have become inactive.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

I really enjoyed joining the S46 draft class discord, there was a lot of activity and fun people in there so it was a good welcome to the league for sure.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]