Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

Oof, we going back almost 4 years now and I don't remember exact interactions. I do remember being very timid and not sure what to expect but everyone was super kind, helpful, and patient as I slowly became more comfortable,.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

My first impressions were amazing. St. Louis was where I ended up with my first player, and I have to give a big shout out to @TheSparkyDee my first GM, who helped me so much, I could never thank him enough for keeping me around and helping me through everything.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Everyone was very friendly and joining the general discord and my class server was a great introduction to start meeting people and get to know the league. Thankfully creating just a few days before the draft also got me on a team fast.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Not my very first, but one of them was with the co-gm of Kelowna at the time. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I used a poor choice of words that made it sound like once my classes started back up I was going to go inactive. I intended to tell them that I wasn't sure how much my classes would change my activity, but I'm pretty sure I made them think I was planning to go inactive. It all worked out and I ended up signing there as a UDFA, but is kind of funny to think back on.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

My first interaction with other league users was talking to my bff Hordle about his team, QCC. I instantly knew that was where I wanted to spend my juniors career!

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

my first impression was the rookie server of s62 that i joined where everyone was friendly and helpful, it was pretty great to see that from the first place i joined

My first first ever player was back in Season 4-6 or something along those lines, I do not remember the exact moment. But, I was drafted by Leafs4Ever and was on the same team as the legend Ron Mexico. The chat room was full of hall of famers

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

My first interactions in the shl were with some great users with the Scarecrows back on S35. People like @JKortesi81 @Ace @TheDangaZone @bluesfan55 and @dizzyDC were amazing and helped me so much with getting invested in the league as a midseason joiner

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I drove out one of the best simmers in league history during a prospect tourney stream by hitting him with the best BoFA joke in league history.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

i refreshed the forum like 30 times in the first day looking for new things to read and for people to comment on stuff it was pretty bad looking back it was a little crazy how much i was obsessing

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2024, 03:35 PM by Crunk.)

My first impressions were of the Maine Timber coaching staff. I can only remember Toast by name (so sorry other GM, I remember you but your name eludes me) and they gave a really good impression of the league.

[Image: crunksig2.png]

My memory is a little hazy but I remember Buster/JY/Tez bringing me into the league back in 2011. I think the first SHL user I interacted with was Deezy who would go on to mentor me and after having to vacate his position in Montreal for reasons I got my first GM role which got me hooked.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Your task: Tell me about your first interactions with other SHL users after creating your first player? What were the league's first impressions like?
25 words minimum!

My first experiences in the SHL came in the Halifax Raiders locker room. Everyone was very helpful when I was asking questions trying to get a sense of how the sim works. Can't understate how important it was for me to have open people willing to help out a new player.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

My first interaction was with Badwolf and they helped me figure some things out in the beginning. The Yukon Malamutes were very supportive in helping guide me through my first impression with the league

I don't remember talking to anyone, just doing tasks and trying to understand how to progress the player. After a while I got into Detroit and met so many cool people, and those people are the reason I'm still here.

RETIRED