Create Account

San Diego Tidal Branding Announcement

This gives me hope that machines are still a ways away from being able to replace humans

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

[Image: surf.png?ex=660b18b1&is=65f8a3b1&hm=70dc...height=676]

i did a quick rendition in paint

[Image: izzy.PNG]

03-18-2024, 04:09 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: This gives me hope that machines are still a ways away from being able to replace humans

This gives me hope that machines can replace me doing PTs and Media submissions

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Just for clarity, it was AI generated and retouched by me, I hear some of the criticisms of it and have tweaked it even more... I turned the "shovel" stick into a stick shape and changed the way the gloves/hands fit around the stick. I also removed a lot of unnecessary background elements. Shortended the stick as well to add more realism.

HO has given me the go ahead for this make of a logo.

Here is the purposed changes.

[Image: GCPqVHo.png]

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

damn, official logos can be generated with AI, but PT's cant :sadge:

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

03-18-2024, 05:29 PMluke Wrote: damn, official logos can be generated with AI, but PT's cant :sadge:

thats good

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

San Diego tAIdal

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 05:45 PM by aleks. Edited 1 time in total.)

theres still a lot of problems with the logo and i genuinely think it would be more beneficial if it was remade from scratch.

the sun does not make a circle
[Image: sun1.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=34fe...y=lossless]

i dont know why some of the buildings ahave a full white outline, some have half, and some have none, i dont know why its connected to the ripple effect either
[Image: sun2.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=5d64...y=lossless]

[Image: sun3.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=2e89...y=lossless]

"san diego" is not centered on the image, and the spacing is off in between the orange lines
[Image: sun4.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=85ee...y=lossless]

"tidal" is not centered in the image
[Image: sun5.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=fde8...y=lossless]

why does this star look like this
[Image: sun6.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=dc62...y=lossless]

the ends of the shield around tidal are really wack
[Image: sun7.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=8700...y=lossless]
[Image: sun8.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=c409...y=lossless]

i dont know why these arent aligned
[Image: sun9.PNG?ex=660b296a&is=65f8b46a&hm=a98a...y=lossless]

also to add to this the guy doesnt even have a surfboard how can you say its surf vibes?

I'm sorry but AI generating a logo on a site full of brilliant graphical minds in its user base is crazy to me. Even with the retouching this logo has too much in it that is broken and imo the only way to rectify it is starting fresh.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

03-18-2024, 05:43 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I'm sorry but AI generating a logo on a site full of brilliant graphical minds in its user base is crazy to me. Even with the retouching this logo has too much in it that is broken and imo the only way to rectify it is starting fresh.

AI is 10x better than anything a human could do bro. Also asking someone requires talking to graphics people which is a lot of work.

like ok, no meme the ai logo has some cool concepts, the lines in the sun resemble a reflection in the water with the ripples, having a hockey player surf is chill, a big wave is always gonna be cool, but take this concept and do it from scratch man come on

The primary reason AI art is so frowned upon is that it reuses content from real artists without their permission. I'm all for it being used as a tool to generate ideas, but manually retouching AI art to use as an official SHL brand doesn't change that someone's content is being stolen. I'd really like to see what this brand could look like done from scratch by any of this site's talented artists.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 05:54 PM by SDCore. Edited 1 time in total.)

Alright. This has been heard, I'm sorry for the direction it went in. I will be working with a few friends to have them draw/sketch out a logo with this as a reference and for me to digitize it.

Speed run a rebrand.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-18-2024, 04:33 PMaleks Wrote: [Image: surf.png?ex=660b18b1&is=65f8a3b1&hm=70dc...height=676]

i did a quick rendition in paint

Yo that's actually mad impressive

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

who the fuck asked

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]