Create Account

Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs

03-27-2024, 12:06 PMRankle Wrote: Catboy erasure is a real problem and youre part of it!! JAIL!

my choker has a little bell when i shake my head it rings alot im like a little cat nya nya nya

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-27-2024, 12:10 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: If GMs dont want that then it should fall on them to ask those questions in scouting. How long before the IP thread starts asking if users are right-wing or left-wing? Or what their race/ethinicity is? How far does the rabbit hole go before you've gone too far?

In no land of logic and reasoning would those ever get approved. Equating what's being asked from thoughts on a fictional pride night jersey to questions about race and creed is comparing apples to oranges.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

03-27-2024, 12:13 PMReno Wrote: In no land of logic and reasoning would those ever get approved. Equating what's being asked from thoughts on a fictional pride night jersey to questions about race and creed is comparing apples to oranges.
Not really, considering it's all in the same category of trigger issues. Do what you want and ask what you want when scouting. That's your time to ask questions to identify if the player is the perfect LR fit for your team. The league's job with this survey should stop just before that.

[Image: sobchak.png]

We, as a community, have a responsibility to keep this place safe for everyone. Those who hold bigoted beliefs, by definition, are going to make this space less safe for everyone. If you feel like you need to hide your true opinions because the league wouldn't tolerate you, perhaps you should take time to reevaluate your opinions.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

03-27-2024, 11:59 AMscudmuffin19 Wrote: what happens when a prospect answers no to a specific question? from recent experience it sends half the league into a shitstorm about the issue and puts the user on 3/4 of the J team's DND list. Also, this IP thread should just be a general survey of player goals, etc. not a bunch of "do you believe in pride night" questions that I know alot of y'all will crucify someone for answer "no". Why intentionally set a user up for league-wide bullying like that if not for you and your co-commissioners enjoyment in the HO servers.

When they answer no? Outwardly? Nothing. The last issue that occurred had nothing to do with the interested prospect thread, but the topic you are bringing up instead.

There are a number of things a person can say that would put them on my DND list (if I was a GM). Being able to handle yourself when asked a question shouldn't be that difficult.

If you are put on a DND list for 3/4 of the teams, you are still eligible for 1/4 of the remaining teams.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

03-27-2024, 12:21 PMRangerjase Wrote: There are a number of things a person can say that would put them on my DND list (if I was a GM). Being able to handle yourself when asked a question shouldn't be that difficult.

Nash is not the cutest dog, there I said it

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

03-27-2024, 12:24 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Nash is not the cutest dog, there I said it

Correct, Ghost is.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-27-2024, 12:24 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Nash is not the cutest dog, there I said it
You’re banned.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

03-27-2024, 12:10 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: How long before the IP thread starts asking if users are right-wing or left-wing?

That question is goalie erasure smh

[Image: lespoils.gif]

03-27-2024, 12:27 PMJURT Wrote: That question is goalie erasure smh

Goalies aren't real people

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

03-27-2024, 12:27 PMJURT Wrote: That question is goalie erasure smh
honestly you got me there, my own position at that! sad

[Image: sobchak.png]

doesn't matter if you're left-wing or right-wing, I'm gonna force you to play d your first season anyway

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

03-27-2024, 12:10 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: Or what their race/ethinicity is? How far does the rabbit hole go before you've gone too far?

Someone who would ask that to exclude a person based on their ethnicity is entirely different of not wanting to allow homophobic people in your spaces. If you can't see that, I don't think anything can come out of this discussion and I suggest you read the thing Rankle posted about the paradox of tolerance

[Image: lespoils.gif]

03-27-2024, 12:04 PMFluw Wrote: Damn, I've been asking what kind of dog everyone was, and I didn't think of the cat people. OFF TO JAIL I GO
Cat people? not on my watch

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

@scudmuffin19 I get a sense that you are highlighting contrarian views simply to go against the bloc and consensus. While absolutism isn’t something that should always be a permanent state, I don’t believe this is really the great example you are thinking that it is when trying to highlight a weakness in the bloc or anything akin to that.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]