Create Account

Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs

03-27-2024, 08:11 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: How this ended up being was not my intention and I'll admit my own fault and for that I am truly sorry.
Respectfully, I really don’t know that I understand what your intention was, other than to stir up controversy. The issue at hand happened a season ago (like, 2 real life months ago). At that point, there was a call for this question to be removed by many of the same people in here using the same arguments that were countered before.

Truly, genuinely, what did you expect to have changed this time? Your original post in this thread really didn’t bring anything new to the debate. You brought forward this notion of a silent majority hating the question and now for the second time in a row, the community at large has disagreed.

Not only that, but you doubled and tripled down, calling for an impeachment of all SHL and SMJHL HO and Commissioners. 

I appreciate that you’re trying to admit fault and own up to your mistakes, but this honestly feels more like an “I’m sorry you’re upset” than “I’m remorseful for doing this shitty thing that.”

in defense of any such questions posed by gms as a gm myself ignoring any political nature or anything of the such, some drafts can have as many as 60-100 people in them, you are not always able to scout all of them or reach them through discrod and especially J gms want to draft everyone they can to give them a chance so that is a quick and easy way to reach all members of the draft class with something they consider personally important. i don't believe a no should get you crucified and simply saying no has never had that happened either from what ive seen. the situation in which i think you are referring caused a DND because of their abrasive and combative response, not because they said no. once again though it is a gm's call to make a DND if they feel differently then the person and i dont think HO should be impeached for that. thats insane

03-27-2024, 12:55 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: Hey! So I thought it would be good if somebody gave a good faith answer to this rather than getting all riled up.

As you undoubtedly know, the pride jersey question is Nevada's. It's there because it does some screening for me, as many have mentioned. But it is our question. Other people are welcome to draft whoever they want, that question is there because it's a very important issue for me as a queer person and as someone who's looking to build an environment where queer people can feel safe.

I am not looking for fawning, over the top answers on that question. The "I will wear the jersey and bring four more of my own from home that I'll sign and dedicate my life to the cause" answers are great, but all I am looking for is a signal that the person answering the question is not so disgusted by the existence of queer people that they won't even pretend to wear a pretend jersey for pretend warmups. "Sure" is a totally fine answer. "I am militantly averse to rainbow capitalism but I will support the cause in another way" is also a totally fine answer but I haven't seen that one yet.

I would never, ever add a "what are your political beliefs" question because this isn't about politics at all! Being queer is not in any way a political statement, and I don't think wanting to provide a welcoming environment for queer people is a political statement either. This is me, as a queer woman who has existed in sports spaces for more than a decade now, using a question in this teeny little niche internet corner, to try and make sure that my little micro-community is the kind of place that queer people can feel safe. That's really all there is to it. People don't have to be over the top. They don't have to wax poetic about how much they love gay people. All I am looking for is the bare minimum of "does not hate gay people so much that they don't want to have to acknowledge our existence."

In conclusion, if I have to make some homophobes feel unwelcome to make queer people feel safe, that is a deal I will make any day of the week. I hope this helps - the question isn't there to give me reasons to make fun of people, it's genuinely there so that I can see any immediate glaring red flags. And if it helps by showing other LGBTQ+ folks who's absolutely not a safe person, that's just an extra perk.

This answer should have closed the thread

If GMs start only drafting people that are cool and sexy, where are the uncool and unsexy people supposed to go when Buffalo is full?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

03-27-2024, 01:31 PMRuggsy Wrote: I don't really care either way cause it's not like you can't lie on the IP thread lol. I think the nature of the question is obvious enough to be able to see what you 'shouldn't' say.

I mean, honestly, if you morally can't lie but also cant understand that this specific question means "you aren't a piece of shit, right?" then this entire genre of game is likely beyond that player's grasp.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Dawg, your ISFL player is named Pegme. You repressing something?

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

03-27-2024, 12:28 PMFluw Wrote: Goalies aren't real people

How dare you

03-28-2024, 08:48 AMzeagle1 Wrote: Dawg, your ISFL player is named Pegme. You repressing something?
Just a small heads up that queer people tend to really dislike this insinuation that all homophobic people are just gay but self-hating, as it puts the burden back on queer people to accept those doing them harm.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 11:44 AM by scudmuffin19. Edited 1 time in total.)

03-28-2024, 08:48 AMzeagle1 Wrote: Dawg, your ISFL player is named Pegme. You repressing something?
dude even you dm'd me saying that player name was funny, gtfo with that assumption.

Also youre like 6 seasons late

[Image: sobchak.png]

03-27-2024, 10:46 PMSlashACM Wrote: If GMs start only drafting people that are cool and sexy, where are the uncool and unsexy people supposed to go when Buffalo is full?
hamilton

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

03-27-2024, 09:20 PMMrPresident Wrote: Not only that, but you doubled and tripled down, calling for an impeachment of all SHL and SMJHL HO and Commissioners. 

I appreciate that you’re trying to admit fault and own up to your mistakes, but this honestly feels more like an “I’m sorry you’re upset” than “I’m remorseful for doing this shitty thing that.”

Am i not allowed to take a step back, calm down and re-approach the situation differently? Or since im not considered a good person in your eyes im not allowed that privilege? Kind of an elitist take imo

03-28-2024, 11:38 AMboom Wrote: Just a small heads up that queer people tend to really dislike this insinuation that all homophobic people are just gay but self-hating, as it puts the burden back on queer people to accept those doing them harm.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I did not know that! I will no longer make these jokes/references

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Idk why we are focused on pride since its obviously a settled matter for 99% of us. Is water wet? Now there's your polarizing question.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

03-28-2024, 12:25 PMBy-Tor Wrote: Idk why we are focused on pride since its obviously a settled matter for 99% of us. Is water wet? Now there's your polarizing question.
if water is wet can fish drown?

03-28-2024, 12:28 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: if water is wet can fish drown?

Only fishes named Gregory

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs