Create Account

IFA Bidding System
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 06:34 PM by WannabeFinn.)

Hey fellas, WBF here.

Currently in the SHL when a GM wants to sign an inactive free agent, they must sign them at their previous salary, regardless of what that $ amount was. Our system for signing inactive free agents also allows for first-come, first-serve.

This current system presents a couple of problems:

a) The market is not dictating the value of these free agents, many of which rot away in the free agent subforum because the value of their previous contract doesn't make sense.
b) It's a real pain in the ass to even find out what the last salary was for these players, considering the fact that we don't currently archive our salary cap indexes.
c) First-come, first-serve isn't ideal. We are a global league, we shouldn't leave it up to whoever is ready and waiting at 12:01pm when free agency opens.

My suggested solution:

a) Introduce a bidding system for inactive free agents.
b) Bidding can begin at any dollar amount as long as it satisfies the player's minimum salary tier.
c) All competitive bids may be raised by any dollar amount as long as it meets the designated minimum (i.e. 500k minimum raise per bid).
d) Bidding threads will remain open until 24 hours have passed since the last competitive bid was posted.
e) IFA's may still be extended by 1 year at their current salary as long as a team owns that player's rights (this is our current system). However, all inactive free agents without a contract when the free agency signing period opens will be added to the bid-eligible pool.
f) Players that are released from their contracts at any point will be immediately placed in the bid-eligible pool.

Thank you for your time.

The People's Champion,
WBF

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

You're not my champion

[Image: lebbish.gif]

10-18-2019, 06:28 PMLeppish Wrote: You're not my champion
McZ trade is concrete proof that I am

I like this idea

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Wbf, a walking class act.
Truly the Xi jingping of SHL.

Our Pooh

RETIRED

10-18-2019, 06:30 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
10-18-2019, 06:28 PMLeppish Wrote: You're not my champion
McZ trade is concrete proof that I am

Ah shit that's a good one.

This is a stupid idea. But I only think that because you are Buffalo's GM.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

10-18-2019, 06:50 PMSleepy Wrote: This is a stupid idea. But I only think that because you are Buffalo's GM.
[Image: 3pS8iKd.png?1]

10-18-2019, 06:50 PMSleepy Wrote: This is a stupid idea. But I only think that because you are Buffalo's GM.

you are right

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Ilike

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

dumb cunt
awful idea

Lmao classic Buffalo

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Is there anything you won’t complain about?

10-18-2019, 07:52 PMhockeyfan Wrote: Is there anything you won’t complain about?
This is a quality post, I actually can’t tell if you’re being serious

SMH freaking John Deeres with their ideas