Create Account

S50 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 09:03 PM by ej27.)

The playoffs are a super exciting time of the season. You know what makes them more exciting? Giving out a ton of TPE!

Here's how this will work: there are five tasks, each of which is worth up to 2 TPE for putting in a little effort, for a total of 10 possible TPE. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.  (If a task includes a written and a graphics option, you will only get credit for doing one or the other, not both.)

ONLY S50 SMJHL DRAFTEES (S51 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline, that's not you.

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Task #2 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Task #3 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.
Requirements: 150 words and mention of at least one stat.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.  

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.
Requirements: 100 words.

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 11/18/2019 @ 10AM CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2019, 04:17 PM by FreakinAnime.)

Task 1: line combos

So this is pure stats I love everyone but. The top line for colorado has to be Crudelli Kane and Okoli is the best as far as I am concerned. And the worst line sadly has to be my line which has done nothing and been sad. My line is Drunkebird Lundqvist Jr and Archer. First of all one difference, the top line, they get a lot of points. They have 26 combined points. Compare that to my line, two of the players are scoreless, Archer has 8 points but he is double shifted on line 3 so those points probably aren't from with us. Their line has a positive combined plus minus so they have a positive impact on ice, they are a combined +2. My line is a bad -11 which is just sad and means we get scored against but without putting up any points to counter it. They also put up more shots meaning they create more chances, 110 combined shots so they make the goalies work even when not scoring. We only have 38 shots so we are really just not doing much, there's a huge line difference.

Task 2: write an interview

Q: hey how's it going?
A: Good I'm happy to be here and to be talking to you! I like being interviewed a lot because I get a chance to share my thoughts with the wonderful fans and also just to hear what people want to know.
Q: so how's it feel to be in the playoffs?
A: It is wonderful! I really want us to win a cup and destroy the other teams. We have a lot of skill and we so deserve to be here. It was a long regular season but we were very strong and fought every part of every game to get into such a good position.
Q: Do you think Colorado can win in the postseason?
A: Absolutely like I said we have so much talent and our team has a lot of heart. We play tough every shift and every line is wonderful in their own way. Good goalies, good scorers, good defense, that's a team that can win any time.
Q: So your team's playoff hopes are the Cup?
A: Yes 100% we don't want anything less. Anything less is a disappointment. We need to be champions for the juniors and bring a trophy to Colorado. Our fans and our coaches want it and definitely the players do too. We have high hopes, like sky high. Much optimism in our city.
Q: How do you personally hope to contribute on the ice?
A: Just make good passes and win important faceoffs. Play good defense so that maybe I can get penalty killing time that's what I want. I love playing defense so I just need a chance to show I'm good at it.
Q: Thanks for chatting with us Henrik!
A: Yep of course!

Task #3 - MVP

Talking about in the playoffs here although I'm sure he was great regular season too. Calogero Crudelli has been top line and is leading the team in points. Really just playing good hockey, accomplishing as much as possible during his shifts and driving the teams offense. He just provides that spark the team needs and has been a huge part of us winning. He's an unselfish player, he just makes the best play and that's why his point total favors assists. He has 10 points, which as I mentioned is a team best, and he really has earned all of them. He plays smart hockey, really great vision skating and hands. I love his intelligence skill and effort and that's why he definitely hands down takes the MVP title as far as I'm concerned. He has been a hero when we needed him and we are so lucky to have a player as good as him. Total skill and class act.

Task #4- Play for another team

I'm very happy in Colorado but if you forced me to leave I would go to the Carolina kraken because they are also in the finals, they are our opponents now. They seem very legit with a lot of talent and were good postseason as well as in the regular season. It wouldn't be a step down yet while any other team would because it's just us and them who haven't been eliminated. I'd probably get horrible ice time and play line 4 just like I do here. So therefore I wouldn't do anything probably except get no points and be a minus player. And since I'm not doing anything I probably would not improve or hurt their cup chances. Anyhow yeah I just chose the team because it's the other winner that is in the playoffs and because they have a good roster and management. All of their people seem pretty nice so that would be a plus for me as well.

Task #5- Offseason

Before the draft I have to be talking to gms to get them to like me and want to pick me. I will be doing articles as well to get attention and money and to look like a good pick. I will also be training to get better because my stats were not good so I need to show I'm getting better if I want anyone to even think about picking me. I will also be following the world juniors championship as I heard that I would make the team for that. I'm not sure how but I'll be in that and trying to win for Sweden. Maybe that is a chance also to make a positive impact and to show that I can be way better than I looked in the regular season and this current playoffs. And of course I'll be getting to know more people in the league and learning about the teams before the draft so I can know where the best teams for me to get drafted are.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

Task #1 - [Written Option] Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words. Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.
The Anchorage Armada were disappointingly eliminated in the second round, blowing a 3-1 lead to the Carolina Kraken. Yet their best line was not a forward line. It was the top defensive pair of Darnell Johnson and Samuel Michaud, both of whom are leaving for the SHL. Their teams must be very pleased with their performances. Both defensemen scored 10 points for the Armada, with only one goal between them (Michaud). Yes, that's right. In 11 Anchorage playoff games, Michaud and Johnson had a combined 19 assists. NINETEEN. They were slinging the puck around so well that they'd probably rack up 10 assists if they played with blindfolds on. Michaud and Johnson were also positives (Michaud +5, Johnson +6) and kept their discipline (of their 22 combined penalty minutes, 18 went to Michaud) as well as throwing the body around (they had 31 combined hits, Johnson with 15 and Michaud with 16). They're heralded defensive prospects for a reason: they can perform. These playoffs just showed how valuable these two were to the Armada, who will miss them dearly next season.

Task #2 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words.
Q. Mitchell, you're considered a top prospect for the S51 Draft, but we don't really care about that right now. The Armada have just been eliminated after blowing a 3-1 lead against the Carolina Kraken. How do you feel?
M. What kind of fucking question is that? "HoW dO yOu FeEl?" I feel fucking horrible, buddy. We had it within our fucking grasp and couldn't finish it off. I'm pissed off at myself and at the team for this. We can do better and we should've done better. To blow a 3-1 lead is embarrassing.
Q. You seemed to slump during the postseason. Why?
M. I didn't care about my point total this postseason, and I probably never will. My main goal is to help the team get to the Four Star Cup finals, and I was willing to sacrifice my personal performance points-wise to help us achieve that goal.
Q. You were a -6 this postseason. Do you think your defensive struggles carried into the playoffs?
M. I think not. I felt I did the best I could out there. A minus plus-minus could mean either you're bad defensively or you're just unlucky. I think I was unlucky this postseason. I really did the best I could for the team.
Q. Thank you for your time.
M. Fuck off.

Task #3 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.
I decided to choose playoff MVP to make things more interesting (for the record, my regular season MVP would have been Detroit's Jagger Fouquette). My choice would be St. Louis Scarecrows center Jakub Bruchevski, who currently leads the playoffs in scoring with 20 points in 13 games. The Scarecrows played in two fairly long series ( a 6 game win against Kelowna and a 7 game loss against a heavily favored Raptors team), and Bruchevski definitely elevated the Scarecrows to the second round with his fantastic performances. His 14 assists are more assists than most players have points in the playoffs. Imagine that. One guy has more assists than you have points. That's how good Bruchevski has been for the Crows this postseason. He averaged an assist per game! That's just insane. Jakub Bruchevski is playoff MVP just for that, man. He's arguably the best playmaker in the league, and his mind-boggling assist total (14 in 13 games btw) is why.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.
I would want to play for Carolina. I know the GMs (cpetrella and Fuzz) very well, and they're good friends of mine. Carolina are also the reigning Four Star Cup champions, and have a fantastic roster from front to back. I think I'd slot into their third center spot if I was on the Kraken, as they only boast two natural centers (Phineas Gold and Tom Fiddler) on their lineup right now. If I was on the third line, I'd be with Joseph Weston and Henry Morris IV, who have played well so far (Morris has 6 points, Weston 5). I had 5 points in 11 playoff games with Anchorage, so I'd fit right in on that line. With that production, I wouldn't exactly consider myself to be an impact player on the Kraken, as they already have guys like Ricky Bobby, Alexei Rykov, and Phineas Gold, but my addition as a depth piece would definitely improve their chances of winning a cup, as I'm a good third line center and would add a scoring touch to that line.
Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.
I'm just biding my time until the draft spending time with my teammates. The IIHF tournament starts soon and I'm in Geneva with the rest of the team until we fly out to wherever the tournament is being hosted. I've talked to some of the guys (Nicolaj Muller, Mathias Seger, Lallo Selman) about what to expect when the draft comes, and they all say it's going to be a dream come true, especially for someone like me who's predicted to go fairly high this draft. I'm just taking everything in. Haven't talked to many teams yet, but I'm expecting more of them to reach out in the near future, as the draft isn't too far away.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 02:27 PM by KC15.)

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? 

Judging the most and least impactful lines in the playoffs is a bit hard when talking about the Halifax Raiders as we had such a brief appearance bowing out after losing in the first round to the Vancouver Whalers 4-2, but I’m going to give the nod to the most impactful line to one no one would have thought before the playoffs – our third line.

That line consists of Kyllonen at C on a double shift assignment, and wingers Kayhall and Trevino. This line accounted for a fourth of our goals (only one less goal than our first line of Kyllonen, Bjornosonson, and Rush), but significantly out produced the first line in assists 13-8. The real reason I give them the nod as most impactful though is their defense. While producing similar results on offense, they absolutely crushed the top line in +/- rating posting a combined +10 vs. the +2 of the top line.

I don’t like calling anyone out, especially since my own player, Abel Skinner, did not have a stellar first playoff appearance, but the second line of Villeneuve, Cheezy, and Krashwagen really struggled: only 2 goals and 2 assists with a combined +/- of -18. Every single linemate’s +/- was -5 or worse. Ouch!

Task #2 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.

Playoff hopes for the Halifax Raiders are already over so I am going to structure the interview with Abel Skinner in two parts – what he might have said prior to the start of the games and how he feels after Halifax’s elimination.

Reporter: Tough season for the Raiders this year. What are you expecting in the playoffs?

Skinner: I’m expecting we’ll do what we did all year – put our heart and soul into each game and leave it all out on the ice. Results will just have to flow from that. We can do no more.

Reporter: Do you hope to score a goal in your first playoffs?

Skinner: Of course. Every hockey player hopes to light the lamp. But more importantly, I hope to help my team win however I can. If I am shut out and we win, I’ll be a happy D-man.

After

Reporter: Things didn’t go your way in the playoffs obviously. Your thoughts?

Skinner: Of course, I am disappointed. We play this game to win. But I take a lot of hope from this year’s series. Lots of things to build on. Did you see how our third line really stepped up? Inspirational!

Task #3 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.

Since it is freshest in my mind, I am going to talk about our playoff MVP.  It may sound odd to talk about a playoff MVP on a team who only got to play six playoff games before being eliminated by the Vancouver Whalers, but those six games were important to the team and to the fans who are looking to see where they can find hope for the coming season.

Our top line played great all year, but I’m giving MVP honors to one of our third line’s wingers, Al Kayhall.  Kayhall is an SMJHL rookie with a lot of promise.  In the playoffs he scored 3 goals and 2 assists which was good for the team lead in goals and among the best in total points.  But he also shone on defense notching a team third best +3 +/- rating.  This all round performance both on offense and defense makes him a solid choice for the Halifax Raiders playoff MVP.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  

If I were not playing for the Halifax Raiders, I believe I would most like to be defending the blue line for the Carolina Kraken.  Carolina is one of the teams where I spent a good deal of time in the LR while waiting to be drafted.  What a solid bunch of guys with excellent management.

How would I slot in?  Well, I think I could bring an extra punch offensively to any defensive pairing Carolina has – though on second thought, mabye not to the first pairing.

However, overall, there are two givens.  Skinner isn’t going to crack the first pairing.  Claude and Sarantez are both capped and their game is just on another level from Skinner.  Give Abel another season and we can talk, but right now – no way.  The other given is that Skinner would be a star on the 4th pairing.  In the same way, his game is on another level than that of Ruschkoff and Farrell. 

The closest comp for Skinner would probably be Schweinsteiger.  Still think the current D-man has the edge overall, but Skinner would add offensive firepower.

Task #5 - The offseason.

With the playoffs over for Halifax, Abel Skinner is just chilling mostly.  He knows that he can’t take the whole off-season “off” as his game is nowhere close to where he hopes it will be and he is a big believer that you don’t get where you want to go in life by waiting for it to fall into your lap.  But down time is important too.  To let the body heal a little and to mentally recharge for the rigors to come.  He plans on hitting the ice again once the finals are decided and he’s experienced the SHL draft.  He’s getting quite invested in a team or two, hoping to go there, but also wide open to the potential of landing anywhere in the SHL.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 12:24 AM by iOBESE.)

Task #1

[Image: rjln5LD.jpg]

Task #2
Quote:As every season all the SMJHL teams will be fighting for the four star cup in the playoffs and some of the players will be veterans while some will be rookies and have their very first playoff experience and it is always fun to find out what do these rookies think. This time we have met up with the Kelowna Knigts defensive defenseman, first year rookie from Ukraine - Danila Zhernov.

Q: Hey Danila or do you prefer to be called Dan on this side of the globe?
A: Well it is whatever you prefer. My name is Danila, but for foreign media I have chosen the nickname or shortened version. So if you want to call me Dan, please.

Q: Right! So you and your team finished 7th in the regular season, just one team behind you guys. How did you feel about your position after such good start at the beginning of the season?
A: I mean the position could have been better, but we just got unlucky so many times that we ended up where we did. Im a winner so of course I like to win and giving up is not an option.

Q: What do you expect from your first playoff and how do you think Kelowna will do?
A: I want to show myself, help my team and enjoy the experience in general. I already have had some fun with the team and I believe the playoffs will be good.

Q: Last question - what will be Kelownas position in your mind?
A: We gonna go on ice, do our best and hopefully take the medals. I predict us either in the medals or close to that.

Task #3
Quote:Although as every season there are the veterans that has been in the league for several seasons already and there are the rookies that are stepping on the ice in this league for the very first time, you could not tell by the statistics this season. Throughout the league there was noone who actually stood out as this alpha hockey player, at least not in playoffs where the games mattered way more than in regular season. Every single stat across the board was more or less equal. I guess the most negative stat might have been the amount of penalty minutes earned by the rookie of St. Louis Scarecrows - Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette. In his very first SMJHL season he managed to earn 61 penalty minute in playoffs. If I have to choose my MVP during the regular season I must say it would be the Carolina duo - Kaspars Claude and Padraig Sarantez. Why? Because they both together blocked insanely 152 shots between them alone. Kaspars came on top with 82 blocked shots. As a defensive defensman I can appreciate such passion to jump in front of the puck and stop it from reaching the net, acting like a second goalie. So yeah, Kaspars would be my one MVP, but Kaspars and Padrig is my MVP duo.

Task #4
Quote:Oh this is very easy as I already had sort of a dream like this before the draft. I wanted to play with my best friend, with who we both applied for the draft - Ruslan Zaporozhets. So if I would not play for my team then I would want to play for St. Louis Scarecrows team. How would I fit into the roster and would I give them better chance in winning the playoffs is hard question as I dont know. What I know is that I would be super pumped and happy to play for them with my boy and due to the fact that we have already played together and have some sort of chemistry on and off the ice, we might have made some deep and sick plays to surprise enemy. Yet again it is hard to know would that have been enough to win the whole thing, but I sure hope so. To be fair we faced them in the first round of playoffs and we lost, so they were already better team than we were and maybe addition to their lines like me, one of the hardest working players of the last draft class, could be a good help. Oh and one more reason why I would like to play there is Elizabeth Doyle...I kind of have crush on her and I will take anything to be closer.

Task #5
Quote:More spare time means more hard work and that has been something that I have been drilled in since I was like five. My mother, who actually took me to the first ice hockey practice, was what for others is a dad figure. When it came to ice hockey she saw that I loved it and she put in all of her strength to help me and push me for discipline and work ethic. Besides the pracitces and gym of course I do enjoy so have fun, so I visit cinemas and other entertainment places all across the Kelowna. Truth to be told, this time I am little bit distracted do to some romance stuff, but Im trying my best so that it does not affect my off-season regime.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Code:
Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

I believe the most impactful line to have been the Anazibf - Fouquette - Kekkonen line. Not just because y player is on this line, but because it has simply delivered some of the best results for the team. Anazibf had a great run in the playoffs this season tallying 11 points in the 10 games he played. Fouquette played well as well, not quite as strong as his regular season where he set records, but 8 points in 10 playoff games is respectable still, and the rookie Kekkonen also pitched in and made a contribution with 5 points. This was a line that worked well for the Falcons and carried a lot of the weight offensively when it came to putting up points. There were a few other lines that I thought made something of a noticeable contribution, particularly the Bitties - Zizagooney defensive pairing who put up great numbers on scoring, but I think it’s hard to top the all round contribution of the team’s first line.

Code:
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Interviewer: Hi Kaarlo, thank you for talking to us today. I wanted to ask you what your thoughts about the playoffs were; how you hope the series you’re playing will end up and what you want to achieve personally?

I really am not setting my hopes too high. We have a good team and played well in the regular season but there's always a different level of intensity in the playoffs to the regular season, and we’ll need to step things up a level to have success in the postseason. Personally, I have no individual goals. I’m happy with whatever I can do to elevate the team.

I: What do you think you’ll need to improve as a team from regular season to postseason in order to win a cup?

I think we have a lot to do when it comes to team scoring. Not just having our star players score but getting all three lines and all three D pairs to contribute is really important now.

Code:

In my mind there is a very clear MVP for this season; Jagger Fouquette of the Detroit Falcons. The guy absolutely destroyed his scoring competition, tallying 72 points in 50 games - a full 9 points ahead of his nearest competition. This included a dizzying 33 goals. These kind of numbers are quite honestly unparalleled in modern SMJHL history, making this an individual achievement of the greatest significance for Fouquette. The context for Jagger as well, enabling the Detroit Falcons to finish in a relatively high position in the league standings through his personal achievement should not be ignored. Without his contribution they wouldn't have been anywhere near the place that they were by the time the season ended. Although he wasn’t quite able to replicate his brilliant numbers when it came to the offseason, the incredible nature of his play in the S50 regular season should easily be enough to secure the MVP tag for Fouquette.

Code:
Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.

This is a tough question, as I really can’t see myself happily playing for any other team than Detroit. However, if I had to go ahead and name one, it would probably be the Vancouver Whalers. This may seem slightly random but Vancouver are one of those teams I’ve never played for during my time in the SHL, and I’ve always respected them as quite an iconic team in terms of design, branding and reputation. I don’t really know too much about the teams current iteration, and can’t say I’m particularly familiar with their current GMs or too many of their current squad, but if they were similar to the standard that some of their old teams were, it’d certainly be an interesting place to play. But as said before, this is more or less totally academic - the chances of me being on a a team not called the Falcons any time soon I’d rather slim.

Code:

For Kaarlo Kekkonen, the offseason will be all about rest and rejuvenation. With there not being the excitement of the draft that his fellow prospects have to keep him occupied, he will instead focus on resetting his physical and mental well-being. He will look to perhaps hone some areas of his physical game, working on strength and conditioning primarily, but largely he will be focused on coming back to training camp for next season with the vigour and vitality he needs to make next season a more successful one than that which has just gone into the books. And who knows, perhaps he might find time for a couple rounds of golf.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

Even though the Kelowna Knights are out of the playoffs, lets take a loot at their performance in their six games against the Scarecrows. By far and wide, the best line for the Knights was their 2nd line, consisting of Novotny, Eriksson and Barbashev. The three of them combined for 18 points in 6 games. Furthermore, both Novotny and Eriksson led the Knight’s scoring with 7 points apiece. All three of them have a plus/minus of -1, which puts them heads and shoulders above the rest of the team. 8 of their combined 18 points came from the powerplay, showing that they are effective in all situations together. Lastly, big shout out to Novotny, who finished the series with 55.56% faceoffs success, which gave the line a lot of scoring chances which the three were able to seize.

On the other hand, the 3rd defensive pairing for the Knights, Bauer and Ranch, were a liability on the ice throughout the whole series, both finishing with a plus/minus of -3 respectively. The Knights lacked depth and it showed when players like these cannot compete against other stars on the ice.
(189 words)

A few days after the first-round elimination of Kelowna, we were able to sit down with Luca Del Vecchio as the Knights were cleaning out the locker room;

Q: A tough first round loss for the Knights this post-season, what are your thoughts on it?
A: Yes, it was a tough series and we knew that it was going to be a hard matchup for us as we are a team that is rebuilding. We thought we could at least make it past the first round though and then do some damage later on. It was a good learning experience for all of us

Q: Do you think you could have done better yourself?
A: We can always do better. We lost the series. So, there was room for improvement all across the team. I did feel uncomfortable on a few of the goals I let in, especially the two in overtime that cost us wins.

Q: So next is the SHL Draft and the WJC, thoughts on them?
A: I am looking forward to the juniors. I joined the U.K recently so I am excited to see how things go. For the SHL draft, I don’t know. We will see when it comes. It’s too early to get excited for me.
(212 words)

I don’t think that the regular season MVP is even a close race. Jagger Fouquette beat the all time points in the SMJHL in the first season where the cap (for 3rd season players and older) was 425. He also almost tied the all-time goals record, falling one shy of Alex Light’s record in S32.  His closest competition was Blackwood who was a massive 9 points behind in scoring. In fact, 2nd, 3rd AND 4th were all on the Scarecrows, which shows a great line performing together whereas Fouquette’/s partner, Skao Anazbif was 6th in scoring, and Nurmagomedov, was 11th to complete the Falcons’ line.

It also goes beyond just the points scoring. Fouquette blocked 14 shots and had a shot percentage of 14.54%. He was tied 4th in powerplay points all whilst having less minutes played on average than his closest competition. Over all the stats for a winger, Fouquette was at the top or near the top performers in everything. For this, he is my S50 MVP.
(169 words)

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words. 

Experience and depth. The two aspects that were missing for the Knights to make it far in the playoffs. If Luca was not on the Knights, I think I would’ve loved to be playing for the Anchorage Armada in the playoffs. The Armada is built with a defense first mindset, which Luca would thrive in. Looking at their starting goalie’s stats, Ian Venables, one can see that Luca wasn’t that far off of him comparatively, and maybe could’ve been better than his counterpart had he played with the same unit ahead of him.

When looking solely at the playoffs, I don’t think that Luca del Vecchio would’ve improved the Armada’s chances of going further than they did. I also don’t think that he would’ve done any worse than Ian Venables did this season. With an additional year of seasoning, Luca would’ve been a much bigger factor on the ice in my opinion and would’ve helped the Armada make the Four-Star Cup finals.
(162 words)

It is now the off-season for the Knights and this means that the SHL draft is edging ever closer. With several teams letting it be known that they would be looking for a “goalie of the future”, Luca del Vecchio has been preparing himself, wasting no time to getting back in the gym and keep himself in shape.

“I took a weekend off to relax and see some friends, but with the WJC coming up I have no time to take anything else at the moment.”

One notable aspect of Luca’s off season has been the hiring of a new agent and a familiar face in Kelowna, Alex Light.

“Alex [Light] is a legend in Kelowna and just recently retired from the SHL. He was looking to get into becoming a player agent and here we are. He also helps me as a personal coach both on and off the ice. I have to learn to block SHL caliber shots so what better than an SHL caliber player to help me out.”
(172 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Task #1:

I know this is the obvious answer, but the line combination that made the biggest impact for the Outlaws in the playoffs was the first forward line. Raquel Castillo Guitierrez and Nick Connolly carried the offense in our two playoffs wins and were quite likely the main reasons the series didn't end up being a sweep. This was particularly true in game four of the series, a 5-4 Outlaws victory in overtime. In the second period, Castillo Gutierrez had two goals, and Nick Connolly assisted on both of them. The Falcons came back in the third period to tie it up, but Castillo Guitierrez scored another goal in overtime to secure the victory with another assist by Connolly.  With some more contributions by role players on the Outlaws, the series might have turned out differently, but at least the players that were supposed to lead the team did their part, even if the outcome wasn't the one that the team wanted. 

Task #2:

Q: Alex, I know the Outlaws had high hopes coming into this year's playoffs, only to lose in six games to the Detroit Falcons. What happened?
A: It was a hard fought series with a lot of close games, three that went into overtime. I really think it could have gone either way but, unfortunately, the Falcons were just a little bit better. A lot of the blame for the loss in the series goes to me I had a really nice regular season but I just couldn't get things going in that playoff series. It's on me to work hard on my game this offseason so I can do my part to get this team to victory.
Q: How far do you see the Outlaws going next year?
A: I really think we're going to have the tools to go all the way. We're not really losing a lot of pieces so that's another year of chemistry and experience and seasoning. I'm really excited about what the next season will bring.
Q: Thanks for your time, Alex. 
A: No problem. 

Task #3:

I think the MVP of the SMJHL just happens to be a guy we had to go up against in the playoffs, Jagger Fouquette of the Detroit Falcons. He had an exceptional regular season, blowing everyone else in the league away in the points column with 72. He lead the league in goals with 33 and was tied for first in assists with 39, showing he can contribute on offense in a variety of different ways. With six game winning goals, he stepped up quite a bit to lead his team to victory. He did cool down in the playoffs with only 3 goals in 47 shots, and that may be a reason why the Falcons didn't go farther in the playoffs. However, his game (at least on the offensive end) during the regular season was a sight to see, so he should definitely be considered for MVP, at least in my humble opinion. 

Task #4:

If I wasn't playing for my beloved Anaheim Outlaws, then I'd definitely want to go out there and win a championship this year. So who better to play for than this year SMJHL champions, the Carolina Kraken? I'm not sure how much they'd need a rookie defenseman, though, given that they had the top three shot blockers during the regular season. However, given that they only had one guy in the top ten in assists on their roster, a guy like me with some passing chops could certainly be of some value. With that in mind, they seem to have all the pieces in place already, so I don't think I'd make a particularly large impact or improve their chances of winning the cup, but I'm sure they'd find me useful on the 3rd or 4th line. I'd get a lot of good experience in the locker room with their veteran players, and I'd gleefully celebrate winning the championship even though I probably wouldn't have contributed much to it. (This all just makes me think being a quality contributor and hopefully getting that cup for the Outlaws is going to be that much more sweet.) 

Task #5:

I am a man from Russia now living in America, so the offseason will give me a bit of time to explore this new country that I didn't have while focusing on my rookie SMJHL season. Since I am now here in Anaheim, I have to take the opportunity to visit Disneyland, as people tell me it's the happiest place on Earth. I hear there is also a Medieval Times in the city, so I would take one night and enjoy the dinner and tournament they have to offer. It is definitely real and not at all staged. I would also like to see the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim play baseball, though I am not sure why they claim to both be in Los Angeles and Anaheim. And, of course, I would like to find time to visit Las Vegas if I can, especially since I enjoy playing poker. I think I can get this all in while working hard to get ready for the new season, right?

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

TASK 1

Luca Veccelli - Hugh Jazz - Cody
Conor Tanner - Rintarou Okabe - Thomas Vanice
Johnny Patey – Niklas Fuhrberg - Jules L'éclair

The first line really struggled in this playoffs, a combined -8 with only 3 goals. Cody was completely shut down and kept off the scoresheet in 5 games.
The second line had leading goal-scorer Vanice (5gp-3g), although it didn’t do them much good again as they too were a combined -8. Much like the first line, this line struggled pretty badly in the playoffs.
The third line was awful in the playoffs, playing an average of 16.5 minutes per game, putting up a combined 1 point, and a combined -23 rating.
It seems pretty obvious which line was the worst in the playoffs as the 3rd line really hurt the team with no offensive production and real defensive liability. The top line, was probably the most effective with the only point per game player in Hugh Jazz, this was a very disappointing result for a team that made some sacrifices to their future to make a run this season.

[Image: MlBpAAD.png]

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Honestly our top line of Jakub Bruchevski (20 points), Aron Hernadivic (14 points) and James Ronlain (18 points) has picked up their play for St. Louis Scarecrows, unfortunately in spite of it all we couldn't get past the top seed Colorado Raptors. our third line struggled comparitivly. Colton Strudwick had 1 point, Richard Hurtz  had 2, at least Sasha Dangelchek managed 6 but they tended to be outclassed. Granted having more penalty minutes (158) than the two teams in the 4 Star Cup Finals while only playing 13 games is likely more what sunk us, lets be fair. Now I hate to do it as I find it feels rather arrogant. Special shoutout to my own player Ruslan Zaporozhets for his 2 game winning goals as a rookie, even though he only had 7 points in 13 games, and of them 4 were goals, only the aforementioned Aron Hernadivic had more than 1 Game winner. It seems like the big stage and bright lights didn't do as much to scare him away so far.

Interviewer: Today we are joined by young Ukrainian Sniper Ruslan Zaporozhets. Ruslan, great to have you.
Ruslan: Is good to being here.
I: Being taken just outside of the first round in the S50 SMJHL draft, do you see yourself going higher?
R: You know, I did okay performance comparing to my fellow rookies so I should be up there. Weather that is higher or lower I cannot say.
I: 27 points is pretty solid for a rookie to the north American game, what gave you such confidence? Maybe who taught you?
R: *shrugging* You just have to be confidant. If you having doubt, then you falter because you are thinking you know, what if I miss, what if I don't pass fast enough, maybe im no good enough. As for game? Just adjusting with many of my teammates.
I: You seemed to have a bit of a knack for those high pressure situations when scoring.
R: Again, just need confidence. scoring is my job, is what im best at doing.
I: Do you have any hot spots to get drafted to?
R: Not really, it would be nice to have someone from old country to play alongside.
I: I see, good luck to you at the S51 SHL draft Ruslan.
R: Thank you.

Playoff MVP? Nolan McMahon, this guy is head and shoulders above the rest of the goalies in the S50 SMJHL playoffs with a .917 Save % and a GAA of 2.17. Though the former Montreal Militia, now Carolina Kraken don't really need to be carried as a team, Nolan is likely a HUGE reason why they are so powerful of a team. There are other good options but it is rare to see such solid NHL like numbers, especially for the SMJHL where the TPE totals range from 155 to 420 now.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words. 

Well for me, its hard because it could be a lot of fun to play for a few teams. Friends like Danila ( @iOBESE ) and Stracimir Petrovic ( @Atlashunter ) and their teams (Kelowna and Vancouver respectively, would be enjoyable both on AND off the ice. Friendly rival Michelle* the Flying Dutchman ( @bluesfan55 ) and the Armada would give me a fantastic chance to win the 4 Star Cup. so I don't really know who best to pick. As for where i'd fit in line wise it would be as a 3rd or 4th line replacement for a lower TPE inactive.

Honestly its been a bit of a smaller world for Ruslan. Fellow countryman Danila Zhernov has been a godsend when it comes to learning about Amerika and its language, if he isn't too busy with teammate and fellow rookie Elizabeth Doyle ( @Evok ) Zapo may actually hang out with him, drinking wodka and enjoying the excitement of being drafted to the big leagues. Ribbing Mitchell van der Heijden about maybe going somewhere he doesn't want, or at least below himself does sound like fun. Other than that it can get pretty lonely for the Ukrainian.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 03:15 AM by Grum.)

Task 1:
Anaheim's run in the playoffs sadly ended a lot sooner than we had all hoped at the hands of the Detroit Falcons, but there was one bright spot on the team which was our first line of Robinson-Connolly-Gutierrez. In just 6 games the three of the were able to combine for 8 goals, 11 assist for a total of 19 points with 5 of them coming for the powerplay, and a plus minus of 1. In a very offensive heavy series such as the one we had against Detroit the first line being able to produce such high numbers was crucial in keeping us afloat. 

On the flip side of things a sour point during our playoff run was our third line offense who ended up with only 3 points and had a plus minus of -9. As mentioned above we needed to keep up with the high scoring pace of the series, but unfortunately the third line wasn't able to keep up in the end.

WC: 166

Task 2: 
Q: A tough loss for Aneheim in the post season with an exit in 2nd round. What are your thoughts on it? How do you feel?
A: As you said it was a very tough loss for us. We expected a lot more from us going into the post season, but in the end Detroit was just the better team. Being a rookie I took the loss hard, but I always have the rest of my SMJHL career to make up for it. Unfortunately some of my teammates don't have that luxury and that's where I feel the most regret.

Q: How would you rate your performance overall?
A: I don't think I played very well overall. I had a pretty good stat line, but it really only comes from those first two games. The last four I wasn't able to help out my team offensively at all, and as you can see from the high scoring and shot numbers I didn't help my goalie out as much as I would have liked. 

Q: How far do you think Aneheim will go next season?
A: It's hard to say. We are losing some crucial pieces in Nick Connolly and Patrick Niederreiter, but at the same time we have some rookies and veterans who will be able to take their place. I think it will all depend on how hard we all work in the offseason, but I know we have the potential to go all the way this time.

Q: Thank you for your time Nicholas and good luck in the SHL draft
A: Thank you

WC: 266

Task 3:
The question of MVP this season is not even one, it's obviously Jagger Fouquette of the Detroit Lions. Fouquette was an absolute monster on the ice this season, racking up a record breaking 72 points that consisted up of 33 points and 39 assist. Those offense numbers are mind blowing to say the least, but it wasn't like he was just playing offense. He also had 51 hit and 14 shots blocked for the season. Those 14 blocked shots was good enough for 2nd for forwards and 51 hits is a very respectable number, especially seeing as he only spent 19 minutes in the penalty box this season. The only thing you could really say against Fouguette's season would be his somewhat disappointing playoffs performance and I really only say disappointing because of those regular season numbers. However I'm looking at just regular season and if he doesn't win MVP, it will one of the biggest robberies in recent history.

WC: 160  

Task 4: 
That's kind of hard to say as I absolutely love it here in Anaheim so I've never really thought about it, but if I had to say I think I would want to play for Colorado. Through their scouting I got to learn a bit about them and they strive for exactly what I do and they have one of if not the best roster in the SMJHL currently. As they have a deep roster I definitely wouldn't get a lot of minutes, more than likely finding myself on lines 3-4 for the time being at least. As for how much I would impact their chance of winning a cup, probably not a lot as I wouldn't be playing many minutes. That being said I would like to think my physical defensive play would be able to contribute to that team even if it was just a very tiny way. 

WC: 150

Task 5:
I would like to say something like "I've been practicing night and day!" or something like that but that is sooooo far from the truth. After working so hard throughout the season and suffering a hard loss I've been spending time relaxing. Most of the time you will find me playing team fight tactics with the one and only GOAT @TnlAstatine (btw you suck  Scrub ) and just having a great time hanging out with my friends. As the SHL draft is coming up however I plan on practicing more and participating more in the media to hopefully raise/keep my draft stock high. Don't be surprised if I don't end up doing that though.

WC: 109
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 09:58 PM by Mook.)

Code:
Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an info graphic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

For the Falcons, their downfall was swift after having high hopes exiting their series with Anaheim. Their stars during the S50 Playoffs were Travis Bitties and Satoshi Zizagooney. Even though they ended up with a negative +/-, they did their best to reduce the Raptors chances. With similar statlines, they both ended up with 2 goals and 9 assists, -1, and came close in shot blocks with 16 and 18.

The line that did the most damage to the Detroit Falcons was Creller, Driver and Nurmagomedov. With each chalking up a -7 or worse, they were the worse line on the team and a big part to the Falcons failure. Crellers biggest downfall was his discipline, racking up 18 penalty minutes, the leader on the Falcons. While Driver and Nurmagomedov were just unable to stifle the opponents offense. While it hurts picking apart your own team, there are faults in every squad, unfortunately the Raptors were able to exploit them and sweep the series

Code:

Interviewer: Kenny, did the playoffs go as expected for you?
Creller:We have a squad that is still developing. We need another season tor really bring things together. We knew coming into this we were outgunned so even getting by Anaheim was a victory for us. It sucked leaving the series without a win against the Raptors. We definitely felt like we had 2 of the games but just lost the easy battles and gave up too many chances. Bad mistakes that we are using as a very important learning experience.

Interviewer: What do you think of your performance?
Creller: I've got a lot to work on, I'm going to be a very different player next season so I look forward to seeing what kind of numbers we start putting up. I think everyone really underestimates us so our goal next season is to come back strong and take over the unsuspecting league, and bring that cup to Detroit

Code:

The MVP for the playoffs is definitely Padraig Sarantez. While he didn't put up the most points out of his team or the league, but his offensive power and defensive prowess put him in a league of his own. Sarantez was a sight on the ice as every minute brought some action to viewers everythwere. With 13 points, 29 hits and 18 blocked shots, he stood out among mortals and was a major part in the success of the Kraken on their way to hoisting the 4 star cup. His defensive partner Claude had a similar statline, but he was not as physical of a player. If he laid more hits he would have taken the MVP spot over Sarantez. While most will look at the point totals of the offense, the fact that Sarantez was able to put up those numbers on a skilled team made the feat that much more impressive.

Code:
Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.

Kenny would most likely be playing for the Kelowna Knights if he was not playing for Detroit. Everything would be basically the same if he were on the Knights roster, getting minimal ice time and putting up shit point totals. It was fully expected that the totals would be this low, so it's no surprise that these were the results. Looking at the 4 Star Cup, I can guarantee the presence of Creller would improve no one's chances of a cup in his rookie season, but in S51 or S52, this story should be different and Creller is 100% ready to push for a cup after he gets some TPE into his build. It's a slow grind at the start with any player, and thing's need to line up perfectly in order to have a good rookie season in the SMJHL. If you get drafted to a strong team, it's hard cracking into the top line and putting up respectable points, but if you go to a weak team, it's easy to stand out but your cup chances are very slim

Code:

The first time a Creller was drafted in S21, it was stiff competition trying to become the first overall pick. Media was being pumped out left and right by the top rookies trying to make a name for themselves. The 3rd generation of Creller is now entering the SHL draft and the hype is behind him. He know's he will get drafted and the first few seasons will be spent in the SMJHL while he trains to become a useful 2nd line piece for his SHL club. The biggest thing at this point is getting every possible TPE you can, which can be difficult if you aren't sure what is available to a SMJHL rookie

[Image: creller_dragons.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 08:24 PM by Your Mothers Favorite Goalie.)

Quote:Task #1 - Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

Quote:Task #2 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.

Quote:Task #3 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.

Quote:Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words. 

Quote:Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 11:00 PM by Jabs.)

Task #2

Reporter: We come to you live from the ice, just moments after Colorado's win over the Carolina Kraken to turn this SMJHL Finals into a much closer 3-2 status. I'm here with Mike Hroch, who made his finals debut today, playing more than 50 minutes in relief.
Hroch: Thanks for having me. It was a thrill to get into the game, but I'm exhausted.
Reporter: What was going through your head when the Kraken went down 3-0 early?
Hroch: I was bummed, of course. We've had a chance to close the door and win this series a few nights in a row now. McMahon didn't quite have it today. 
Reporter: Your teammates were very supportive once you got in the game, it looked like.
Hroch: Oh yeah. They were pumped for me. I gave up a few goals but Colorado was making a lot of shots tonight. Luckily I was able to stop most of them, but now we just have to rest up and get after it tomorrow.

Task #3

Our MVP for the S50 Carolina Kraken would probably have to be Padraig Sanchez. He's played in all 50 games this year and has been a great team leader for us. One thing I appreciate about Padraig Sanchez and his contribution to our season is he leads the team with 34 assists. The dude isn't the best scorer for us, his 39 P are pretty great but the 9.8 shot percentage leaves something to be desired. However, he gets the puck and he gets it to his teammates and lets them do their work. Some guys who touch the puck a lot, they tend to try and score themselves, but Sanchez is an unselfish guy who just wants the team to win. We have a lot of other great players, including Alexei Rykov, Tom Fiddler, Herry Morris IV, Joseph Weston, and Phineas Gold, but if you had to pin me down and name an MVP, I am going with my boy Padraig Sanchez.

Task #4

I love my Kraken brothers. It's a joy playing for Carolina. Folks have been so welcoming to me despite me not being very good, nor knowing much about the sport we play for a living. But if I had to play for another team I would want to play for Colorado. I would demand to start every single game too. I'm Mike freaking Hroch, right? I think I would slide in nicely in the clubhouse. All playoffs I would supply everyone with fatty, sluggish food, make them feel lazy and worn down by hooking up an IV of slurpees into everyone's veins. Every game, I would do my best to save the goals, but you know, I'm just not good enough sometimes and I am sure I would give up at least 6 goals per game. Bummer. I am sorry, new teammates, but with the way things turned out, it looks like the Carolina Kraken would be a lock to win here in the finals.     Wink

Task #5

As I write this, we still don't know if the Carolina Kraken are going to be crowned champions, but to be honest, my offseason is going to be pretty much the same either way. I'll be eating lots of food, it just depends whether or not I will eating that food out of a championship trophy or not.

I'll probably start it off with an order at Carl's Jr. I don't get it very often, but when I do, I enjoy diving into a nice thickburger. No onions, lettuce, or tomato though... get that healthy garbage out of here. I've been eating Carl's Jr. after most of my games this season so win or lose, that's been a bit of a tradition for me.

Later in the offseason I will treat myself to the ultimate fast food meal. I make a few different stops: burger from Burger King, fries from McDonald's, and a frosty from Wendy's. Put it all together and bam, deliciousness. Fit for a champion (or champion runner-up).

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]

Task #1 - Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?

The line with the biggest impact had to be the first line for the Carolina Kraken. With each of the three players finishing the post=season above a PPG pace, each one was vital for them securing the Four Star Cup. Bobby, Rykov and Gold were flawless in their execution of opponents; each in their own unique way. Phineus Gold finished with the lowest amount of points between the trio, but also amassed a team-high +12 along the way... showing tremendous prowess on both ends of the ice. Rykov finished with an incredible 15 assists, leading the entire league through the playoffs and being one of only two players to reach 20 points. Ricky Bobby led the way for the Kraken, also breaking the 20 point plateau but also slamming home 8 goals, good for the most in the league as well. Looking at their top unit, it's no surprise Carolina walked away champions.

Quote:Words: 153

Where do you think it went wrong for Kelowna?

Well I'm not sure I would say it went WRONG, but we did have to make some adjustments around the halfway mark of the season. We sat among the top of the standings and suddenly we just kind of fell off the map... management had to do what made sense for the franchise.

Did you think you had a chance against the Scarecrows?

Absolutely. I mean the rivalry with St. Louis goes back for years, so we knew it would be a spirited matchup with them and knew we weren't going down without a fight. Being the under-dog can provide a little bit of a spark that the higher seeded teams don't have the luxury of having.

What's in the cards for next season?

Looking to make a deep run in the playoffs; that's always the goal for us and it'll continue in that direction.

Quote:Words: 154

I mean there really isn't even an argument here for the regular season MVP, that one easily goes to Jagger Fouquette of the Detroit Falcons. Fouquette had an offensive season for the record books, breaking the previous regular season record for most points in a season... and smashing just about every other Falcon record along the way. However, with the recent TPE cap raise to 425 for third year players, this could place him in an entirely different "era" of scoring. If this would happen, then Nicklaus Klaus' record from the Kelowna Knights would most certainly stand.

Had it not been for Jagger's incredible season, the Barrett Blackwood of the St. Louis Scarecrows would've walked away with the crown. Finishing second in the scoring race, Blackwood's 63 points are a testament to the absolute depth and talent that the Scarecrows have grown accustomed to. Furthermore, he didn't even play of their top line... spending the whole season on the second forward unit.

Quote:Words: 165

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

Firstly, being the GM of the Kelowna Knights I would never want to or even have the ability to play for another SMJHL team, even if I had the golden opportunity to do so. With that being said, I feel I would slide in nicely with the Halifax Raider's lineup. This season, they had a VERY young lineup, icing nine rookies full-time in an attempt to finish low in the standings.... and it worked, placing dead last in the regular season. Furthermore, their defensive pairings are littered with rookies, including Abel Skinner working on the top unit. As a defender myself, this would've meant heavy ice time (like I already get in Kelowna) with the prospective of moving up and staying on the top unit for several seasons. Would I have helped them win a cup? Probably not this season, but I have all the intentions in the world of bringing one to Kelowna so... yes, it would've helped Halifax greatly.

Quote:Words: 162

Taking it easy in the off-season has always been a staple of my routine. A lot of players like to stick with their workouts & strict diet regimen, but kicking back and laying off the stress is key as well. Staying on my skates is still important though, so I'll spend anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours on the ice each day just staying fresh. I'll take a trip down to Texas and enjoy some quality BBQ for a week or two before returning home to Kelowna. Also visiting my family ranks pretty high; the season can keep us away from home for a long time.

Quote:Words: 107

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER