Create Account

SHL Logo Contest Results

12-04-2019, 11:21 PMkarey Wrote: @39alaska39 right now:

Hey man, there's this awesome TV I got but the delivery guys accidentally entered through the back door and not the front like I asked so I can't use it.

Dang, well I'll settle for something I don't love because it came through the front door, perfect.
I’m a proponent for following rules and instructions. And you even admit you didn’t, nor did you submit your logo. Like I’m sorry for you because your logo is good, but you didn’t following the rules, like you said. Pretty straight forward here

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Hey man, there's this awesome TV I got but the delivery guys accidentally entered through the back door and not the front like I asked so I can't use it.

Dang, well I'll settle for something I don't love because it came through the front door, perfect.

Gotta love Bureaucracy!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

12-04-2019, 11:28 PM39alaska39 Wrote:

I’m a proponent for following rules and instructions. And you even admit you didn’t, nor did you submit your logo. Like I’m sorry for you because your logo is good, but you didn’t following the rules, like you said. Pretty straight forward here

Youre the fun one at parties aren't you.
And when I say parties I don't mean anything social.

12-04-2019, 11:32 PMkarey Wrote:
12-04-2019, 11:28 PM39alaska39 Wrote: I’m a proponent for following rules and instructions. And you even admit you didn’t, nor did you submit your logo. Like I’m sorry for you because your logo is good, but you didn’t following the rules, like you said. Pretty straight forward here

Youre the fun one at parties aren't you.
Coming at me personally because you didn’t follow instructions? Classy. And I like you and your logo, but here we are.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters

The logo people keep submitting was too wide anyway. Really nice, but not a fan as an all encompassing SHL logo.

So nyeh

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

12-04-2019, 11:33 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
12-04-2019, 11:32 PMkarey Wrote: Youre the fun one at parties aren't you.
Coming at me personally because you didn’t follow instructions? Classy. And I like you and your logo, but here we are.

Yeah, I'm frustrated at the insinuation that not knowing, and thus abiding by the instructions clearly, resulted in a "you didn't follow the rules" by you on your high horse.

Maybe if you took your shoes off and wore mine, you would notice the hours dedicated into making 3 different logos over the past two years, only to have none of them considered could possibly be frustrating. And also how your robotic dismissal might be disparaging. Oh no, I said bad words to you, I'm the worst human...boo.

Good win tedders

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I'm curious as to how many people actually voted in the contest. Personally, I abstained from the voting because I felt all the options were inferior to the current logo.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Karey can come in my back door

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

12-04-2019, 11:40 PMkarey Wrote:
12-04-2019, 11:33 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Coming at me personally because you didn’t follow instructions? Classy. And I like you and your logo, but here we are.

Yeah, I'm frustrated at the insinuation that not knowing, and thus abiding by the instructions clearly, resulted in a "you didn't follow the rules" by you on your high horse.

Maybe if you took your shoes off and wore mine, you would notice the hours dedicated into making 3 different logos over the past two years, only to have none of them considered could possibly be frustrating. And also how your robotic dismissal might be disparaging. Oh no, I said bad words to you, I'm the worst human...boo.
If encouraging people to, you know, follow instructions is a high horse, then yeah sure, I'm on one. I can see you're frustrated, but at the end of the day, it's as simple as this: you didn't follow the instructions and you didn't get considered. Again, it's unfortunate because it's a good logo and you obviously worked hard on it, I'm not discounting that. That would have gone for anyone, not just you. If Teddy hadn't submitted his properly, it wouldn't have be considered.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters

Your logo is the best @karey

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

@karey and @39alaska39 are both my family. STOP FIGHTING. HUG IT OUT. ILY BOTH. When it comes down to it, neither of you are actually mad at the other.

As for this thread, I'll publicly say I skipped voting because I didn't like any of the finalists shared with the public. Apathy (and I'm not apathetic about ANYTHING in life) doesn't see the best rise to the top.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

12-04-2019, 11:28 PM39alaska39 Wrote:

To be fair, he admitted to misreading the rules, it's not like he understood them and chose to disregard them. As far as he understood he had officially submitted his entry by posting in the thread and it's not like he was contacted or anything to be able to find out that he had to send a PM if he intended to submit it. It's a shame really that such a good logo that could've been such a good brand for our league was completely disregarded over a technicality.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Congrats @DrunkenTeddy

Great job to everyone in general. They all look good and even tho the old? (current?) logo was good sometime you need change.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2019, 02:13 AM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Working on improving the logo, I feel it wasn't that polished when I submitted it, I didn't really expect to win with so many other great submissions, hoping I can fix it enough to be a respectable logo for the league:

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]