Create Account

Calgary Dragons Captaincy
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 01:20 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: WKp6gBc.png]

Since December 16th, 2018 i have been the captain of the Calgary Dragons which has been without doubt the greatest honor of my 18 seasons here on the site. The history of this team, the people who have come before me, those who i have played alongside... it's all very special to me... and when the captaincy was passed over to Izzy, i did everything i could to fill those big shoes of the greats who wore the 'C' before me.

From SHL legend Randy Randelman who was one of the greatest players in league history, leading this team gracefully up until the late 30's.. to future 1st ballot hall of famer and site superstar Joe Kurczewski who put this franchise on his back and boldly moved us into a new era on and off the ice.. and then passing the 'C' to me at a time of rebuild where the core of our players were chosen through the S43-46 drafts.. a group that in spite their age and TPE numbers refused to lose! Proudly making the post season in 6 of 7 seasons, representing the challenge cup twice and winning it all in S50.

I've been playing SHL hockey since S35 and i have had my time to lead.. and now it is time to pass the 'C' to Calgary s next captain. Someone who i admire on this site, a man that has the love and respect of our whole roster grid, Someone that leads by example by owning a player that will someday make the hall of fame.. and as most of you already know an all around great dude!... Id like to introduce Otis B. Driftwood AKA @Slappydoodle as the New Captain of the Calgary Dragons!

Slappy was drafted in season 40 with the 2nd pick in the draft and for 12 seasons he has built a monster of a player in Driftwood! hitting almost 1900 tpe at his prime while consistently leading our blue line in numbers and in leadership. His BSH podcast is beloved amongst the community and his presence around the site is welcomed by all!

I want to thank my friend Esa for the honor of being the Dragons Captain for 7 seasons and putting your trust in me to help mold this team in the way I envisioned it. I very much appreciate everything you have done for me, for Izzy and for this franchise you built!

Captain Slaps ©... Congratulations sir, you deserve it!

Mike Izzy -
Dragons

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Congrats slaps

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Well deserved! Great selection! Dragonite

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Congrats my man.

BIG Thanks to Mike Izzy for being an incredible Dragons Captain!! One of the best ever!! Can't thank you enough for all your positivity and hard work on a daily basis to help get this team to where it is today. We know you'll continue this as Co-GM!

Happy to see Otis B Driftwood as our new Captain, a position slappy was always destined for!

Cheers
Dragonite Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Congrats Slappy!

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

This isn’t even a congrats to @Slappydoodle as much as it is a congrats to @Mike Izzy for his awesome work as Dragons Captain.

It was always an honor to wear the Calgary ‘C’, and even if history may have forgotten me a bit with the Dragons, I’m still proud to be a part of this fantastic group.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Well earned Captaincy for Mr. Otis B. Driftwood @Slappydoodle Cheers

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Thank you all very much. I greatly appreciate the honor.

The Dragons are a family that I’m proud to be a member of. Esa, Cookies and Mike Izzy have built such a warm and welcoming environment over the years. I will gladly help shoulder some of that load.

Dragonite

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Congrats on that captaincy! I know you won't let us down. Smile

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

congrats slappyboi Dragonite

Congrats Slappy, well deserved!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Ladies and gentlemen my name is Paul Heyman and I'm the Captain of the Calgary Dragons Wink

Grats brother

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

way to go @Slappydoodle

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]