Create Account

Something Positive About Every Team: S52
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 11:42 PM by Toivo.)

Code:
Ready for grading.... word count 1300

Some positive notes about each team through the first 17-18 games of the season.

SHL Western Conference

Calgary Dragons
[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]

Second line center, Barry Batsbak, leads the team in points with 9 goals and 6 assists (15 points), and is a +3 plus/minus. Batsbak’s shooting percentage is a team high, 20.93%. Backup goalie, Aleksi O’Koivu-Volkova, is 2-2 in 4 starts, but boasts an impressive 0.931 save percentage and 2.25 goals allowed average. Also, Calgary’s Hits per game is 3rd in the league at 21.33, much higher than the league average of 19.94.

Edmonton Blizzard
[Image: Edmonton.png]

Top of the West Through 18 games played, the Blizzard are 13-4-1 (27 points in the standings). The Blizzard sit atop the Western Conference and are second in the league standings overall. Their Goal Differential is +20, first in the league. In their last 10 games played, the Blizzard are 7-3-0. Tommy Tuck has is 7-1-0 in 8 starts with a .940 save percentage and 1.85 goals allowed average. Tony Pepperoni leads the league in hits with 91 through 18 games. Thanks to the strong goaltending, it is likely to see the Blizzard in the S52 Playoffs.

Los Angeles Panthers
[Image: LosAngeles.png]

Goals For The Panthers are second in the league in the team stat Goals For with 3.72 goals per game. The Panthers are also second in the league for team stat Hits / GP with 21.89 hits per game. Phillipp Winter has been a force to reckon with, leading the team in goals, assists, and points, with  9 goals and 12 assists (21 points). The Panthers have the most goals scored so far with 67 (New England with the highest Goals For has played 1 less game). If the Panthers offense continues to score at this rate, expect the Panthers in the playoffs.

Minnesota Chiefs
[Image: Minnesota.png]

First line winger, Collin Gibbles is tied for leading scorer of the Chiefs with 7 goals and 11 assists (18 points). Also with 18 points, Geoff Moore has 3 goals and 15 assists, which is tied for third in the league for assists. Minnesota's spot as a playoff team seems safe for now with a lead that could grow larger.

New Orleans Specters
[Image: specters-banner.png]

Special Teams The Specters lead the SHL on the Powerplay, converting 28.85% of the time, far ahead of the league average of 21.58%. On the penalty kill, the Specters are third in the league, killing off the powerplay 84.48% of the time. Their Powerplay and Penalty Kill combine for 113.33%, second in the league. This stat is impressive when considering the Specters are the 5th most penalized team in the league. The Specters are only 4 points behind the Pride in the Southwest, expect them (and the Panthers) to battle it out all season for the bye.

San Francisco Pride
[Image: sfpride-banner.png]

Puck Control The Pride have faced the fewest shots per game at 29.67. They have the 5th most shots for at 35.06. Their Shots For / Against is an impressive 118.16%. A likely reason they lead in Shots For / Against is their league leading Faceoff% of 54.59%. Through 18 games, the Pride appear to be locks for playoffs.

Texas Renegades
[Image: Texas.png]

Andreas Kvalheim leads the Renegades in goals, assists, and points, with 8 goals, 10 assists and 18 points. The top line winger is also playing a physical game with 74 hits in 18 games, tied for 5th in the league. On the outside right now, if the Renegades can address their goals against, they will be in playoff picture.

Winnipeg Jets
[Image: Winnipeg.png]

Center, Nick Brain, leads the Jets with 7 goals and 13 assists (20 points), 4th most points in the league with only 17 games played compared to most teams having one more game played. Winger, Terrance Nova, is tied for 5th in scoring with 8 goals and 11 assists (19 points). The Jets have the 4th best shots against with 30.24 shots against per game, and there is a wider gap between 4th and 5th( Los Angeles Panthers at 31.11 shots against per game) than 4th and 1st (San Francisco Pride at 29.67 shots against per game).

SHL Eastern Conference

Buffalo Stampede
[Image: Buffalo.png]

League scoring leader, Monkey D. Luffy, has 8 goals and 16 assists (24 points). Buffalo leads the league in hits per game with 22.94 per game. They’re second in the league for Faceoff %, winning the draw 54.10% of the time. The Stampede have the 2nd best record in the Eastern Conference at 11-5-2 (24 points), trailing only Hamilton with 28 points.

Chicago Syndicate
[Image: syndicate-banner.png]

Shots For The Syndicate have the 2nd highest shots per game in the league with 38.35. They are led in scoring by Jack Kennedy with 4 goals and 15 assists (19 points) in 17 games played. Forward, Cameron Carter II, leads the team with 69 hits.

Hamilton Steelhawks
[Image: Hamilton.png]

The defending Challenge Cup champions are at the top of the League with a record of 14-3-0 (28 points). The Steelhawks have the most points in the standings despite playing 1 game fewer than most teams. The Steelhawks are first in Shots For with 39.71 shots per game. As far as scoring goes, they are 3rd across the board: 3rd in Goals For with 3.71 goals per game, 3rd in Goals Against with 2.832, and 3rd in Goals For/Against with 131.25%. Their leading scorer is Flacko Lagerfield with 10 goals and 8 assists (18 points) through 17 games.

Manhattan Rage
[Image: Rage-Banner.png]

The Rage have the 4th best Faceoff %, winning the draw 53.11% of the time. Alex Winters and Luke Thomason lead the Rage in scoring, both with 6 goals and 11 assists (17 points) in 18 games. Currently, the Rage are a bubble team for the playoffs, they will need a bit more puck luck.

New England Wolfpack
[Image: newwolfpack.png]

The Wolfpack lead the league in Goals For with 3.82 per game. They have the 2nd best Shots For/Against in the league, thanks to their 3rd lowest of the leagueShots Against(30.18 Shots Against per game)  and 4th highest Shots For(35.18 Shots For per game). Guy Zheng leads the Wolfpack in scoring with 4 goals and 14 assists (18 points). Zheng also has the best plus/minus at +11. The highest scoring team in the league will make the playoffs if they can cut back on the number of goals allowed. They are currently on the bubble, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them climb throughout the season.

Tampa Bay Barracuda
[Image: barracuda-banner.png]

Win-streak For the first time this season, the Barracuda have won back-to-back games, beating the Jets 4-2 and North Stars 4-3. Matt Kholin has 8 goals and 10 assists for 18 points through 17 games. Olivier Cloutier has 6 goals and 11 assists (17 points). While off to a slow start, the Barracuda find themselves not far out of a playoff spot. If the current win-streak continues, Tampa could be a dark horse for the playoffs.

Toronto North Stars
[Image: Toronto.png]

Lyndis Vakarian has 9 goals and 10 assists (19 points) in 17 games. The North Stars have played a disciplined game with the 4th best Penalties in minutes per game at 5.71 PIM/GP. Bobby Lane leads rookies in scoring with 4 goals and 11 assists (15 points). The North Stars are currently holding down a playoff spot and if their young stars continue to produce, then they will remain.

West Kendall Platoon
[Image: WestKendall.png]
Beaujeaux Biscuit has a record of 11-7-0, a 0.918 save percentage, and 2.67 goals against average. His play, and the defense’s efforts have the Platoon with the 2nd lowest Goals Against with 2.72 goals against per game. The offense has done their job, too; the Platoon has the 4th best Goals For with 3.61 goals for per game. Defenseman, Ethan Ross leads the team in scoring with 5 goals and 13 assists (18 points). Thanks to a combination of strong goaltending, good defense, and high scoring, the Platoon are one of the best teams in the Eastern conference.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

oh hey it me

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Hamilton first in shots for, cool

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-05-2020, 06:46 PMSlashACM Wrote: Hamilton first in shots for, cool

I am not throwing away my shot
Hey yo, I just play some hockey
My shoot-pass gap is fifty
And I'm not throwing away my shot

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

02-05-2020, 10:35 PM.bojo Wrote:

I understood that reference.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

02-05-2020, 04:15 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: oh hey it me

^

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

As a Chief, I'll say that our team needed something positive.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

02-05-2020, 10:35 PM.bojo Wrote:

HAMILTON HAMILTON HAMILTON

A MULTI LAYERED JOKE

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]