Create Account

Halifax Raiders relocation

03-06-2020, 05:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Serious question:  Why timber and not Woodsman or Lumberjacks?

I mean... Bangor Maine is the birthplace of Paul Bunyan.

Could have even done something with Moose (being the state animal) or...with their sea-faring enterprises (lobster is a HUGE part of their economy up there)

Timber was supposed to be a bit more clever name than going with Lumberjacks or Woodsmen...I am not a huge fan of a team of Mooses, and for sea creatures we have teams like Kraken and the Armada, even Berserkers, so I thought the maritime theme is a little bit overdone.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

03-06-2020, 05:11 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
03-06-2020, 05:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Serious question:  Why timber and not Woodsman or Lumberjacks?

Could have even done something with Moose (being the state animal) or...with their sea-faring enterprises (lobster is a HUGE part of their economy up there)

Timber was supposed to be a bit more clever name than going with Lumberjacks or Woodsmen...I am not a huge fan of a team of Mooses, and for sea creatures we have teams like Kraken and the Armada, even Berserkers, so I thought the maritime theme is a little bit overdone.

Maine Earthworms

[Image: lebbish.gif]

03-06-2020, 05:10 PMhotdog Wrote: more like Maine Tinder these fellas are cruising for hookups

Grindr Maine reporting in

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 05:15 PM by Carpy48.)

While I'm not sure yet about the jersey color (maybe it'll grow on me) I kind of like the logo. Interesting location too.

The subforum probably needs to be moved down if you want to keep the teams in alphabetical order. Edit: oh already happened.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

03-06-2020, 05:11 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:

Oh I don't disagree that the maritime stuff is pretty well booked.  Timber just to me means that....maybe you'll be falling down a lot?

With that said, welcome to the New England fam. We'll see if your local proximity results in increased Wolfpack scouting. It's just a short drive up 95.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

What’s with GMs forcing useless rebrands on teams that don’t need it? Everyone just wants to feel special with their own brand.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

The Maine Wild would've been a cool name, despite the NHL correlation.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

RIP Halifax jokes

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Interview  @Citizen of Adraa any fear that your new name promotes the destruction of natural resources at a time when we should be fighting to preserve them?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

keep makin Czechia proud CoA
Cheers

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

It took 27 seasons to get rid of Halifax, damn

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

03-06-2020, 05:15 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: What’s with GMs forcing useless rebrands on teams that don’t need it? Everyone just wants to feel special with their own brand.

Halifax hasn't won a damn thing in 20+ seasons, so I'm not against a facelift

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

I'm very angry about this rebrand. I'm going to livestream myself gargling glass on Twitch.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

03-06-2020, 05:19 PMhotdog Wrote: Interview  @Citizen of Adraa any fear that your new name promotes the destruction of natural resources at a time when we should be fighting to preserve them?

We at the Maine Timber are massive fans of sustainable tree economy that replants what it cuts down and makes sure to not over harvest the forests past the sustainable point.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]