Create Account

Strom Chamberlain post-season interview (Champions Edition)[RTG 1,100 Wrds]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 09:52 AM by Chevy.)

[Image: r6219WT.png]

Strom Chamberlain, starting goalie for the Anaheim Outlaws, steps up to the Air Canada press table sporting his custom "Flaming Hot Chamberlain" sweater.  Still slightly hung-over from a night of celebrating, he begins taking questions from the press.

Quote:Hey Strom.
What... is your favorite color?  [Image: hmm.gif]
If it's Movie Night, which film and snacks do you pick?
Are you ready for WJC?
Hey hey!  What is my favorite color?  Royal Blue.  Movie night.  Well, if its just me or me and some friends, they all know my number one movie is The Shawshank Redemption.  Interesting choice of course, but I argue that it is one of the best movies written (based on a book).  My snack of choice for that would be a tosser between the standard popcorn...or a pretzel with cheese.  There's a place across the river from St. Louis that me and some guys used to frequent for movies.  Had reclining leather seats and they brought the food to you.  Damn good stuff too.

Am I ready for WJC?  You better believe it!

Quote:How the fuck did I not score on you?

The snarky response would be..You have an incredible potential for talent...but actual talent to beat me, you have none.  In actuality though, you did score on me, in a shootout.  One on one.  For now, despite the championship, I would concede you the victor until next we meet in that situation.

Quote:How does it feel to be the first goalie in Anaheim since AOHOF Tibuk Soonika to win the Cup?

What will Strom do to celebrate this cup win?

It feels pretty good.  Coach Tib and I worked ridiculously hard to get me up to this point after an average rookie year.  He's the man with records to beat here in Anaheim, and now that I've got a cup under my belt...my sights are set on being the best goaltender in Anaheim history, which considering past and future company I think will be quite a lofty goal.

We partied hard after the cup win.  I ended up in some desert bar in Arizona someplace and didn't even realize it.  Otherwise, when its my turn to take the cup around this off-season I'll be heading home to St. Louis, go around some of the bars (like Patty-O's), maybe get some Ted Drewes.  I'm definitely going to hit some of the pee-wee leagues around the area too to show it off and maybe give some encouragement for sure.   Might even pose in front of Enterprise Center just for the hell of it, haha.

Quote:Anaheim is asshole. Why Steve hate?

First of all, it is not asshole.  Its very sunny.  Secondly, I'm not sure where you have heard the Steve hate from..but I'll say this first to anyone and I can be quoted on this:  Steve Harrington has the best hair in the SMJHL.  Fight me!

Quote:dylan?
Dylan.

Quote:You had a fairly average regular season statistically, and then turned it on and shut everyone down in the playoffs. What changed? Did you have to alter your mindset or routine?

I mentioned before that during the off season, Coach Tib and I worked a ton to try and pick up on the faults I had my rookie season.  Something still wasn't right though, and getting the call up to the SHL for Winnipeg didn't help.  Going 1-5 up there really shook me up, I'm not going to lie one bit about that.  I think that had my confidence on edge a bit the rest of the season.  When it came time for the playoffs, honestly it was the pickup game we had for charity that got me going.  Seeing my backup, Separa (@Lyezech) going absolutely ape-shit in the net re-assured me that, as a team, Anaheim is in good hands.  Last year, even as a rookie I had this feeling like I had to be a cornerstone for the team...especially without a solid starter at the time.  Knowing that if I need to share the load, Separa is more than capable of walling up like I can.  I think that let me loosen up and not be as cautious as I was during the season.  It paid off for sure.  Also, if you think the end of this season was good...just wait until next season.

Quote:How does it feel to know you're still not the statistically best S52 goalie?
Oh.  Hello there Samat.

You have 7 more games than I do, 2 more wins, and 9 more losses.  You have me beat at save percentage by .001 and in goals against average by .0975.  I'll re-address this after my championship ring comes in.

Quote:Hello Strom. Igor here. We talked a bit before you got drafted, and then you had to leave abruptly, leaving me struggling with my skates in the locker room. Dude, not cool. Come on, you don't struggle with your skates. I know we got drafted to different teams, but why not help a friend out?

Also, you still owe me a skate tying over that. I paid your debt, and your debt to me still hasn't been paid. Just tie them, and we'll be okay. I'll even offer you some defense training from a defenseman. Perhaps some strategies will carry over.
I haven't forgotten Igor, and as of now the debt indeed has not been paid.  I know you said you'd pay the debt that is actually owed by @dylanjj37, but it was denied by the bank, HERE.  I won't leave you hanging though.  You have a copy of "Tying your own skates, the lost art of skate tying." waiting for you in your locker-room.  There's an attached thumb-drive with a translated audiobook copy as well.

Any further questions?

Quote:What are your thoughts on Dylan?
Oh, hi again @dylanjj37.  Good kid.  Very active in the discords.  Heck of a forward.

After hearing no further questions, Strom thanks everyone for their time and heads off the stage for the next interviewee.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2020, 10:26 AM by _Blitz_.)

Hey Strom.

What... is your favorite color?  Hmm

If it's Movie Night, which film and snacks do you pick?

Are you ready for WJC?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

How the fuck did I not score on you?

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

How does it feel to be the first goalie in Anaheim since AOHOF Tibuk Soonika to win the Cup?

What will Strom do to celebrate this cup win?

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Anaheim is asshole. Why Steve hate?

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

dylan?

You had a fairly average regular season statistically, and then turned it on and shut everyone down in the playoffs. What changed? Did you have to alter your mindset or routine?

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Updated with replies to @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @Mutedfaith, @SpartanGibbles, @"NeonLime", @dylanjj37, and @"thecanadiancanuck"

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 12:32 AM by _Blitz_. Edit Reason: So it's visible in Dark Mode. )

Quote:Might even pose in front of Enterprise Center just for the hell of it, haha.

That's a bit far, Strom.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

How does it feel to know you're still not the statistically best S52 goalie?

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 04:03 PM by TheHockeyist.)

Hello Strom. Igor here. We talked a bit before you got drafted, and then you had to leave abruptly, leaving me struggling with my skates in the locker room. Dude, not cool. Come on, you don't struggle with your skates. I know we got drafted to different teams, but why not help a friend out?

Also, you still owe me a skate tying over that. I paid your debt, and your debt to me still hasn't been paid. Just tie them, and we'll be okay. I'll even offer you some defense training from a defenseman. Perhaps some strategies will carry over.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

What are your thoughts on Dylan?

Igor writes to @Geekusoid I do appreciate the thumb drive. It got somewhat corrupted on the way here, but overall, it was semi-useful. I'll need to meet with you to confirm that I'm doing it correctly.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)