Create Account

RIP 701 (701 Memorial Post)
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 11:41 PM by nour.)

I know 701 hadn’t been around here often lately but the man was friends to many of us old folk around here and its only right that we honor his memory and pay our respects here.

RIP Dave. You had one tough life and despite that the kindness and caring you showed those of us who got to know you will stick with me for the rest of my life. I will never forget you and I will always be thankful I got to know you. RIP man, you will be missed.

Gor linked his memorial fund on VHL so i thought id share it here as well:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/memorial-for-david-theusch

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

So HO was working on a memorial post with a few of the guys close to him but since this is up we’re gonna run with this. 701 was a massively important member to the community in his time here and made some lifelong friendships around this league. I never got a chance to be super close with him but I remember even in the few interactions I had with him he was always a super approachable and friendly dude. Dave will absolutely be missed.

To any SHL members who had drawn close to Dave in his time here, please feel free to share your words in this thread, and help us commemorate the impact he’s had, both on this small little community we’ve found ourselves in, and outside of it.

Thanks everyone, and rest in peace 701.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

I was really sad by Dave's passing, he was a staple on LAP for many seasons.

We had a lot of connections as we both were huge Minnesota sports fans and always liked talking graphics with him as well. Tough to see him go but I am happy he was laid to rest on the highest of the highest holidays.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

He deserved better. RIP David.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 12:09 AM by Ace.)

Ugh. I am so sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, Dave.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

It’s easy sometimes to overlook the members here are people outside of these forums first and foremost. I’d talked with 701 in the past, but not nearly as much as others have. As difficult as this is to swallow it’s been amazing to see how many both here and in the VHL have good memories of him.
Rest in peace, Dave. Heart

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

I definitely wasn't one of the closest people with him, but I have fond memories of the brief time we shared an SMJHL locker room. He was a really fun guy and I really wish I'd stayed in touch after he left the site. May he rest in peace

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Rest In Peace, 701. :(

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 12:24 AM by Trill.)

RIP to my fucking brother David, man. We grew up together and were so close for 12 years; went from kids to grown ass men. I love this dude and can’t believe he is gone. Besides all of the SHL memories (of which there are sooo many lol) he helped me through all of my struggles I have gone through, especially over the past few years, and I will be forever grateful to have called him a friend. I feel like I lost my actual brother and I will forever remember Dave and the memories we share. Going to miss FaceTiming and gaming, will never forgot my boy.

I know I’ve been gone from here for some time, but I felt compelled to reconnect with people that I have lost contact with, after Dave’s passing, and to share a few words for a fantastic person gone far too soon. Has definitely made me rethink life and how I approach certain things, to lose someone so close to me, that was so young.

Thank you guys for posting this, I’ve been eager to find an outlet to express the void David has left in the word and to express just what an amazing friend/person he truly was.

RIPDAVE

Rest In Peace, 701.

You were a solid guy all around, from the time we’ve shared throughout the SHL and the time we were both apart of the same LR. You were a great guy who enjoyed many of the same things I did. Thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.

A young man gone to soon. Wish we would have stayed connected when you had left the site! Until we talk again man!

[Image: 336.jpg]

Who remembers when he bought all that SHL cash with real life cash lol. He was a character for sure, rest easy my dude.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 01:03 AM by vbottas17.)

Dave/701 was a great guy, just always seemed genuinely happy whenever I talked to him. He was one of the most noticable people around when I first joined the site. I think I may have even wrote about his player in one of my very first articles. That was before I got to know him and the more I talked to him the more I realized he was a genuine good person. The last few times we chatted were not even related to the SHL. I wish his family and friends the best.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

HO wanted to do a bit more to honor Dave's memory on the site, so we've updated the logos on the site to have a 701 badge on them. I didn't know 701 well, we had only spoken a few times while our times here overlapped, but I am deeply saddened to hear of his passing. Rest in peace 701.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

My condolences to everyone who new Dave (701), I am sorry to hear this. RIP.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Nice tough with the logo guys.

Also thanks for linking the gofundme JHS Smile

RIP 701, far too young.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers