Create Account

Calgary Dragons HOF Induction
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 12:41 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons

There were some big changes for the Calgary Dragons back in S36, the team was being transformed from the old guard to the new....Joe K was taking over as Captain, Mike Izzy was traded to the Dragons and in that season Roman Augustus was drafted 10th in the leagues S36 Reddit draft. Anyone that was witness to that season knew that Augustus being picked 10th was a steal for Calgary! Roman was already marking his territory as one of the great TPE earners of his class and a sure fire meat and potatoes guy across the league!

Augustus in his prime had a unique set of skills that rivaled any player in the SHL . Roman could move up to the top line and hold his own with Kortesi or lay back on line 2 and help move Izzy to higher levels. And when things got difficult TDZ would work his magic on D and anchor Calgary's defensive unit that desperately needed his leader ship and skill set!

Augustus was named one of the 3 captains in season 37 alongside Mike Izzy and Joe K as the new guard of Dragons to take over and excel. Off the ice Danga was part of the inner circle that helped build a new and excitable locker room as well as being a constant mainstay in all draft room discussions.

TDZ won 2 Challenge Cup Championships with Calgary, one in S40 and the other in season 42. And during his switch to bruit forward TDZ won himself a Jeff Dar award! Roman Augustus was a unique weapon for the Calgary dragons during a time of paper cutter players and it’s my honor to present to him the Calgary Dragons hall of fame letter along side our other Dragon greats!!

Dragons Congratulations and thank you to theDangaZone AKA TDZ on a great career and a well-earned induction in to the Dragons HOF!! Dragons

Roman Augustus - 10th Overall in S36. 7.25 seasons played - 365 games, 304 points.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=103616

Code:
Esa - Roman Augustus had a major impact on the Dragons, not only on the ice but behind the scenes in management helping us build the S40 and S42 cup teams. When we drafted him in S36 he immediately fit in and I knew we’d become good friends. What I didn’t know was how huge of an impact he’d have on our franchise. Roman Augustus was a stud defender for us, reaching 1st pairing and leading us to 3 challenge cup finals in S38, S40 and S42. He was a point producing defenseman, although he will tell you he never scored enough as he always had high goals for himself on the ice. Our team success during his era was fantastic, we won a lot of games and had a lot of deep playoff runs thanks to his strong play. His contributions on the ice were great and his impact in the room was amazing. Always one of our vocal leaders, willing to help everyone and always wanted the best for the team. He even switched to forward in his last couple seasons for us to fill a team need. At the time he formed the deadly trio of co-co-Gm’s with Joe K and Izzy and he did a ton of work for us scouting and helping pitch free agents. Him and Joe worked great together and I knew they’d become awesome GM’s in Nola. If not for expansion Augustus would have played his entire career in Calgary, but he still has a lasting impact on the team today in our locker room. We loved having him on the dragons and he deserves a place in the Dragons Hall of Fame for his play and his many contributions to the team. Congrats TDZ!

Code:
Joe K - Roman Augustus was one of those players that you just knew was special from the get go. I drafted him in St. Louis and he exceeded my expectations so much, that I bothered Esa almost from the start to get him on the Dragons. Having him in Calgary cemented the rebirth of the Dragons dominance for S40 and S42. He would do anything for the team, including switching from defense to forward just to help. He spent his entire career being underrated to everyone that didn’t share a locker room with him, yet there’s nobody more deserving of this honor. Love you man. Congrats.

Code:
Kata Vilde - When I think of Roman Augustus I think of John Belushi in Animal House with the mustard on his toga  Hail Caesar!! We salute thee!

Roman Augustus - 10th Overall in S36. 7.25 seasons played - 365 games, 304 points.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Well deserved. Roman Augustus, the once and future emperor

Cheers

Dragonite

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Congrats TDZ!

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Congrats Cheers

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Congrats!

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Well deserved!! Dragonite Cheers Dragonite

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Yeah boiiiiii!!! Congrats my man!

[Image: Wally.png]

Thanks to you all. This is definitely an amazing honor and it means so much to me for this to happen. I love you all

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Grats my man

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Congrats, buddy!!

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Dragons Dragonite Dragons

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Well deserved brother, thanks for everything!

Dragonite Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

An absolute fucking legend! Congrats

[Image: Off.gif]

Congrats TDZ you have definitely earned the honour Cheers Dragonite

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Boy they let just about anyone in here eh?

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page