Create Account

Mark Rycroft, The Colorado Avalanche, and his hateful statements

06-02-2020, 08:27 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:50 PMhhh81 Wrote:
[Image: unknown.png]
10 dollars to the las vegas freedom fund!

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

06-02-2020, 08:18 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I don't agree with everything that has been said in here and with how easily some of you are giving a complete blank cheque to basically every kind of rioting and looting, but wowza, those are some impressively bad takes by Carbine.
I've been having a really hard time with it myself as the neighborhood I live in has been looted with attempts to start fires in residential buildings. On the one hand, I understand that riots are the voice of the unheard and maybe the ends will justify the means in this case.  But the ends justifying the means has always been a difficult argument for me to accept, because it's a blank check for any sort of violence.  It's a nuanced issue that isn't as clear cut as many in this thread are making it out to be.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

06-02-2020, 08:27 PMCarbine Wrote: too much 'Trump is evil!'

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

06-02-2020, 08:29 PMnotorioustig Wrote: In the immortal words of Pingy:

HECC DA SYSTME

[Image: 598316077746880513.png?v=1]

LONG LIVE PINGY

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 08:42 PM by JR95.)

06-02-2020, 08:18 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: It's a nuanced issue that isn't as clear cut as many in this thread are making it out to be.
exactly this. a whole lot of ignorance on both sides of the coin in here.

edit: i mustve deleted the wrong thing cus it was bird not red that i replied to lol
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 08:46 PM by HanTheMan_.)

to anyone in this thread saying "all lives matter" or "not ALL cops are bad" or "the riots and looting are bad" LISTEN.

the saying "all lives matter" vs "black lives matter" ruins the whole point of their cause. no one ever said other lives didn't matter. no one said queer lives don't matter, Hispanic lives don't matter, Asian lives don't matter, etc. the BLM movement is to put black lives at the forefront because they have been pushed aside for far too long. no one would volunteer to be treated the way police treat black people. you would not want to be profiled, have weapons drawn on you for a simple traffic stop, and you surely would not want to be fatally shot at 12 years old for playing games in your front yard.

the saying of "not ALL cops are bad" is damaging. The police system is a corrupt system that is being upheld by the deaths of black indigenous people of colour (bipoc) and queer people of colour. There's no such thing as a "good cop" within a system that is built to oppress. There was been several instances now where police have been shown, breaking windows and the ones responsible for setting the target ablaze in Minneapolis, undercover police taking peaceful protesters resources followed by them being guarded by police, pepper-spraying children, arresting a man for peacefully explaining his story, running into protestors with police vehiclespolice teargassing peaceful protestors in washington, the list goes on and on. The media showing you these "good cops" kneeling with protestors are the same ones causing this violence. it's feel-good media because that's what the world "needs" right now. its the kind of media that we can look at and go "look they're standing down they're with us! see!" they're not. if they were, they wouldn't be working within this system. 

for those saying the riots and looting are bad a damaging. that is literally the point. the intention at first for riots and looting is the same intentions that lead Stonewall, which was the first retaliation LBGTQ+ people have had against police. this impacted queer history. it is the reason any queer person today has rights in the USA. Women's suffrage in the USA was also a protest and a near riot. The reason you have a 40-hour workweek instead of 48 is a result of protesting. looting is the concept of deconstructing our value of commercial and consumer products and using that as a symbol of retaliation against a capitalist and corrupt system. read this for other reasons some people may consider looting as rebellion. These items are all REPLACEABLE. The black lives lost to police brutality are not. The unfortunate truth is that people are taking advantage of the looting and painting everyone with the same shitty picture.

if you're focused on the rioting and looting instead of George Floyd ya missed the point. If you're focusing on the good cops, you're missing the point. The SHL has a lot of reach so use it for good guys. Educate yourselves.  Here's a link. No excuse now. 

https://linktr.ee/ceeetrl
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 08:55 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

06-02-2020, 08:18 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I don't agree with everything that has been said in here and with how easily some of you are giving a complete blank cheque to basically every kind of rioting and looting, but wowza, those are some impressively bad takes by Carbine.

This. Like i truly get that people are rioting when cops attack peaceful protests (tho admitedly i havent watched a lot of clips of it, i dont doubt it and will look at the links provide earlier when i get off work)

It's sad that it has to come to looting innocent businesses and rioting to get the message out, but it probably is necessary to get shit to roll, but that doesnt make it right. But again, most likely necessary as peaceful Protests doesnt seem to work.

Then again i'm more inclined to think that its the right wing extremists and ANTIFA who are doing most of the illegal stuff, like it seem to be most of the time. And the innocent protestors getting the blame.

EDIT: Also yes pls stop saying all lives matter.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

06-02-2020, 08:45 PMHanTheMan_ Wrote: to anyone in this thread saying "all lives matter" or "not ALL cops are bad" or "the riots and looting are bad" LISTEN.

the saying "all lives matter" vs "black lives matter" ruins the whole point of their cause. no one ever said other lives didn't matter. no one said queer lives don't matter, Hispanic lives don't matter, Asian lives don't matter, etc. the BLM movement is to put black lives at the forefront because they have been pushed aside for far too long. no one would volunteer to be treated the way police treat black people. you would not want to be profiled, have weapons drawn on you for a simple traffic stop, and you surely would not want to be fatally shot at 12 years old for playing games in your front yard.

the saying of "not ALL cops are bad" is damaging. The police system is a corrupt system that is being upheld by the deaths of black indigenous people of colour (bipoc) and queer people of colour. There's no such thing as a "good cop" within a system that is built to oppress. There was been several instances now where police have been shown, breaking windows and the ones responsible for setting the target ablaze in Minneapolis, undercover police taking peaceful protesters resources followed by them being guarded by police, pepper-spraying children, arresting a man for peacefully explaining his story, running into protestors with police vehiclespolice teargassing peaceful protestors in washington, the list goes on and on. The media showing you these "good cops" kneeling with protestors are the same ones causing this violence. it's feel-good media because that's what the world "needs" right now. its the kind of media that we can look at and go "look they're standing down they're with us! see!" they're not. if they were, they wouldn't be working within this system. 

for those saying the riots and looting are bad a damaging. that is literally the point. the intention at first for riots and looting is the same intentions that lead Stonewall, which was the first retaliation LBGTQ+ people have had against police. this impacted queer history. it is the reason any queer person today has rights in the USA. Women's suffrage in the USA was also a protest and a near riot. The reason you have a 40-hour workweek instead of 48 is a result of protesting. looting is the concept of deconstructing our value of commercial and consumer products and using that as a symbol of retaliation against a capitalist and corrupt system. read this for other reasons some people may consider looting as rebellion. These items are all REPLACEABLE. The black lives lost to police brutality are not. The unfortunate truth is that people are taking advantage of the looting and painting everyone with the same shitty picture.

if you're focused on the rioting and looting instead of George Floyd ya missed the point. If you're focusing on the good cops, you're missing the point. The SHL has a lot of reach so use it for good guys. Educate yourselves.  Here's a link. No excuse now. 

THIS MY MF DUDE RIGHT HERE HAN FROM DOWNTOWN BANG

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

06-02-2020, 08:48 PMnour Wrote:
06-02-2020, 08:45 PMHanTheMan_ Wrote: to anyone in this thread saying "all lives matter" or "not ALL cops are bad" or "the riots and looting are bad" LISTEN.

THIS MY MF DUDE RIGHT HERE HAN FROM DOWNTOWN BANG

HELLO

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

06-02-2020, 08:45 PMHanTheMan_ Wrote: There's no such thing as a "good cop" within a system that is built to oppress.

Umm, I mean at least in my city there are a lot of black cops that joined the force to be the change themselves. How does that fit into your belief system?

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 09:00 PM by teztify.)

For those of you who are more concerned about the property damage and losses suffered by businesses as a result of the riots and looting, consider channeling your energy toward making a difference for those businesses by contributing to relief efforts to help them rebuild rather than turning the narrative away from the crucial message behind these protests with your "I support it, but" statements.

HERE is a great twitter thread with a list of fundraising efforts for rebuilding black- and other minority-owned businesses, including larger relief funds for the Bay Area, Chicago, Minnesota, and Atlanta.

I bet @leviadan would even be so kind as to include your contributions in the other thread.

06-02-2020, 06:58 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:07 PMCarbine Wrote: Logically speaking, yes, you are correct when it comes to shaking up the status quo. However, the means do not justify the ends when it comes to this movement.
Rioting and looting will be and have been met with similarly destructive means by the police and private citizens so far. Police are oath-bound to confront these rioters (from the above link): “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." Private citizens are entitled to self-defense through the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

carbine pls

you have things backwards. This isn't 'ah people are rioting and therefore the police are fighting back' this is 'police are attacking peaceful protesters and therefore there are riots happening'. What do you want people to do, man? roll over and die? These riots are the product of generations of built up hatred and injustice in America, and to say that they should just stop is foolish and unsympathetic at best.
You see, I just don't think police are just attacking protestors for no reason. I wouldn't say they're attacking them at all. If they actually were, such as in Hong Kong with their clashes with the Chinese-backed police force, then you'd have a stronger argument. The US government isn't just coming out and labeling Antifa a domestic terrorist organization for no reason. There is evidence, or at least some very convenient coincidences, that some of this chaos has been planned.

What I think is going on is that the BLM protestors are largely peaceful and that Antifa are the ones starting the chaos and attacking the police. Once that happens, the high emotions of these protests are drawing some of those protestors into the mayhem, making it seem like BLM are the ones attacking the police, or the police attacking the protestors, either or.

Regardless, I think the problem here is Antifa and their extreme views. Just my opinion, not at all saying it's 100% true but I certainly don't think it's 100% false.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

@Loco

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 09:08 PM by GeckoeyGecko.)

06-02-2020, 09:03 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:58 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: carbine pls

you have things backwards. This isn't 'ah people are rioting and therefore the police are fighting back' this is 'police are attacking peaceful protesters and therefore there are riots happening'. What do you want people to do, man? roll over and die? These riots are the product of generations of built up hatred and injustice in America, and to say that they should just stop is foolish and unsympathetic at best.
You see, I just don't think police are just attacking protestors for no reason. I wouldn't say they're attacking them at all. If they actually were, such as in Hong Kong with their clashes with the Chinese-backed police force, then you'd have a stronger argument. The US government isn't just coming out and labeling Antifa a domestic terrorist organization for no reason. There is evidence, or at least some very convenient coincidences, that some of this chaos has been planned.

What I think is going on is that the BLM protestors are largely peaceful and that Antifa are the ones starting the chaos and attacking the police. Once that happens, the high emotions of these protests are drawing some of those protestors into the mayhem, making it seem like BLM are the ones attacking the police, or the police attacking the protestors, either or.

Regardless, I think the problem here is Antifa and their extreme views. Just my opinion, not at all saying it's 100% true but I certainly don't think it's 100% false.
ok im starting up league so I'll tell u why ur wrong when im done this game but @Loco

also antifa isnt actually an organization?? thats like saying we should go beat up the CEO of racism??

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 09:08 PM by SDCore.)

06-02-2020, 09:03 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:58 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: carbine pls

Please tell me what the Australian reporter sitting on a fence taking pictures was doing to have the police hit him in the face, bash him with a shield, and club the women with him. If you think that sitting at a protest and doing your job, oh btw according to war time rules and rules of engagement, REPORTERS ARE OFF LIMITS, so they are allowed to be covering WAR, let alone the protests. You can't tell me that they incited violence against them. That to me is attacking someone for NO reason. Not to mention all the other atrocious acts that have been committed against UNARMED civilians.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]