Create Account

Elijah Jones Free Agency Rankings
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 11:55 PM by Toivo.)

Code:
Ready for grading, word count 1054

#5 Baltimore Platoon
[Image: platoonbanner.png]
The Orioles are my American League team, and I like Inner Harbor. I have experience with the manager way back when in GOMHL. A historic franchise that has elevated their status through relocation. The team has some established stars, but it’s the future that looks bright in Baltimore. There is a good bunch of players that have come into the league within the past 5 seasons. There is a lot of promise for this bunch that looks dedicated and gaining lots of experience. They are in a tough division, and right now might not be their time, but The Platoon look decently set for the future. Elijah Jones would likely speed up the process for Baltimore, so it seems like a decent fit. For these reasons, they’re included in my top-5.

#4 Chicago Syndicate
[Image: Chicago-Banner.png]
Not a huge fan of the branding because it reminds me of a certain pizza franchise. But with Chicago having one of my favorite players, Sawchuk, I could see myself suiting up for the Syndicate. Outside of Sawchuk, there is a lot of young talent around Elijah Jones age. Joining the Syndicate might be a way to help a team over the hump and be a perennial Challenge Cup contender. While I noted I am not big on the branding, it is mostly the logo. But overall, I do not put too much value on a logo since it isn’t something that really affects the game or anything. After all, it is something you only see when loading up the league’s website or viewing the index. Outside of the logo, the brand is pretty cool. I dig the black and yellow color scheme and the city. All in all, it would be dope to hit the ice in front of a home crowd at the United Center. The United Center is regarded as one of the loudest arenas in the league, so it would help out having the Chicago crowd on my side for once.

#3 New England Wolfpack
[Image: newwolfpack.png]
A great franchise that led the Eastern Conference in Season 53. A lot of history with this team. Initially, I did not want tor return here and ruin previous memories. But NEW ranks in my top-3 teams. They’ve cracked the top-3 by having some amazing talent on the roster. Elijah Jones would love to play with some talent of this caliber. The team is fighting with the best of the Eastern Conference, and while they might not be the beasts of the East this season, another forward like Elijah Jones might tip the skills and lead to another Eastern Conference Championship for the Wolfpack. The Eastern Conference looks like an arm’s race with teams loading up on talent wherever they can. It would feel great being back in the Boston area. A lot of memories and crazy things happened. Elijah Jones knows, based on conversations with his agent that also represented Kosonen, all the wonderful things New England has to offer outside the hockey rink.

#2 Tampa Bay Barracuda
[Image: barracuda-banner.png]
A team in full-rebuild. Elijah Jones could probably record some franchise records with the Barracuda. The brand is on point, and there is some familiarity here. The Barracuda could potentially land Elijah Jones with a big offer. More important than money is role.Unfortunately, Tampa Bay is not going to complete the rebuild with the management that initiated it. The new management that comes into Tampa will have a lot of work to do. More tanking might be necessary for Tampa. But once those draft picks mature and suit up for the Barracuda, they will be a force to be reckon with. Going to a franchise like this is very tempting because it seems that a player like Elijah Jones could drive the offense. Jones might be tempted by being the big Barracuda in a small sea. Having played a role in the Tampa franchise before, there is a lot of sentimental reasons for Elijah Jones going to Tampa Bay. I really want to see this franchise succeed. In my previous time in Tampa, the team did not have much to work with. But, we had high spirits, an "us against them" mentality and crafted a team in that image. A lot of great times my previous time as a Barracuda despite the win/loss records not showing it. It was a great time back then. For these reasons, the Barracuda crack the top-2!

#1 Los Angeles Panthers
[Image: LosAngeles.png]
I love Los Angeles. What a wonderful collection of users and an outstanding brand. Besides being a great locker room, the team has performed well, and gives as good of a chance at winning the championship as any team. It will be difficult to be peeled away from the Panthers. This franchise is easily the most likely option for Elijah. With that said, there is a lot of talent a head of Elijah Jones. This is both a blessing and curse. For starters, it means that Elijah has a lot of great teammates to learn from. In Los Angeles, Elijah Jones does not have to be the guy. But at the same time, it means Elijah Jones plays a limited role with flashes of brilliant play. This is no knock on the franchise, just the reality of things. Overall, winning as a team is more important, that along with the great locker room are the reasons for Los Angeles being the top team in these rankings! Other positive notes for the Los Angeles Panthers franchise are the beautiful jerseys the team has. The Home, Thirds, and Retros are some amazing jerseys. Elijah Jones places great pride suiting up in these jerseys to play in front of the loyal Los Angeles fans.

Offers from other teams will be entertained. I am likely leaning to returning to Los Angeles, and I don't want it to seem that I want out or anything. That said, there are offers out there that could convince me to change my career trajectory if it is for the best of Elijah Jones' interests. Ice-time opportunity for Elijah Jones will be valued most, but some sweet contract money might influence the decision. Nonetheless, I look forward to interacting with all interested teams this up-coming free agency. I will try to give any and all offers a good long and fair look.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I'll forgive you for forgetting about Toronto

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

come to baltimore

Barracuda

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

he hate me

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

Switzerland

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

La sux

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]