Create Account

Farewell Detroit

This is both a happy day and a sad day for my player Guy O'Shea.  After being given a chance to play in Detroit after coming over from Ireland, he was drafted to Texas and played another two full seasons in Detroit.  In that time, they won a championship together in what was the most dominate season a team has had in that leagues history.  While they couldn't follow it up with another championship this year, the time spent in the hockey crazy town of Detroit will never be forgotten.  GM Tig built a great team and many of those players will be playing in the SHL next season along with my guy.  I can tell that the Falcons alumni still hang around in the discord chat so it will not be goodbye but I will definitely be more active in the Texas chat now.

To the fans of Detroit, it was a pleasure to get to play for you all, Guy O'Shea had some great moments in both the regular season and the playoffs in front of the crowds there and I will always cherish that.  The arena was always rocking with the sounds of SKREE which always got the team pumped.  I look forward to coming back to visit in the future to watch some games of the next generation.

To the teammates who will be soldiering on in Season 55, we had some great memories on the road and had an amazing collection of talented players these last couple years.  Rebuilding the team from the cellar to the penthouse was one hell of a ride.  You guys are about to have to go through another rebuild here but with Tig at the helm, I have no doubt that you'll be able to get some quality players back in there soon and be right back at it, going after the cup.

All in all, it has been a great experience and a great welcome to the SHL community.  I don't love everything about this league but I do love hockey and it is a lot of fun getting to create a player and work hard to make them better.  Good luck to everyone in the SMJHL next year, see most of you up in the SHL in the coming seasons.

Code:
382 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Cry

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

Cry FalconsFalcons

[Image: image.png]

@Ace @TheDangaZone @bluesfan55

Hmmmmmmmmm

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Thanks for everything @JSS331, you'll do great in Texas

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

LMFAO @"cpetrella"

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Good riddance Smile No more facing you! At least for a couple of seasons, thankfully.

[Image: Wally.png]

DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]