Create Account

Colorado Rookies SHL Landing Spots (2x bonus)
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 01:34 AM by Jumbobone19.)

The Colorado Raptors Players in the S55 SHL Entry Draft

S55 SHL Entry Draft just was completed last night.  60 players were drafted. All of the SMJHL teams had a lot to offer to SHL teams. But none offered more than the Colorado Rapters. 10 Raptors were drafted last night. The Raptors technically had 11 players eligible to be drafted. An amazing amount of talent coming out of Colorado. First lets take a look at the Raptors who are eligible for the draft. I will rank them according to TPE, Bank Account, and my opinion. I will also give some info on each as a player and user.

My ranking of Raptors Pre-Draft
1. Terrence "Big Terry" Smith (@Puljujarvi98) - 315 TPE - Bank: $12.1 Mil

The big 6' 7" Defenseman is obviously intimidating. He plays a solid old school type defense. Big Terry's stats werent the greatest for a rookie defenseman. but out of all rookies, his TPE sits at 315 for 3rd best. He has earned TPE every chance he gets. A team who drafts Smith would be getting a great solid defensive prospect.

2.  Mack Daddy  (@Mack) - 307 TPE  - Bank: $42.6 Mil

Mack Daddy is sitting at 307 TPE on the season. He is the highest earning Center in the draft. I have him next on my ranking because of the bank account that he carries. 42 million dollars is the highest of the all Raptors in the draft. That money can go a long way for training. He obviously earns TPE as much as he can and has some great media pieces in his pocket. All around a great prospect.

3.  Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind (@CaptainCrazy) - 311 TPE - Bank: $22.1 Mil

Next on my list is Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind, or as we can him APF. His TPE sits at 311, tied for 5th best. APF sits on a good amount of money as well with 22 million. He posts all sorts of media and graphics so the source of income is there. Plus when Flitterwind was given the opportunity to play on Colorado's line 1, he rose to the occasion by scoring 12 goals. It was also just announced that Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind has made the S54 SMJHL All-Rookie Team. That shows what kind of player APF is.

4. Guðmundur Kristjánsson (@Fluw) - 289 TPE - Bank: $30 Mil

Kristjansson is another top prospect. Obviously Colorado saw something in him as they drafted him 5th overall in the S54 SMJHL draft. He ranks toward the top of all prospects for earing TPE. Sitting on solid media, he boasts a 30 million dollar bank account. Another factor for a prospect when considering all the training and the cost of it. He is a great locker room presence and friend as well. Guðmundur Kristjánsson would be a great fit for any team.

5.  Ryan Rieley (@Brandon) - 285 TPE - Bank: $16.3 Mil

Ryan Rieley is a power forward that strives on his physicality, while also being an offensive threat. He has faired pretty well in his rookie season on the ice. Off the ice, Rieley is a relatively quiet prospect. But dont let that fool you. The man still earns his money and TPE. He posts some of the best graphics I have seen. Definitely something that catches your eye when looking at prospects.

6. Lord Raiden (@Jumbobone19) - 280 TPE - Bank: $8.9 Mil

This is myself. I am not going to say much. But I feel like Raiden would be a great fit on almost any team. A big physical screening center. The bank account is a little lacking but working on that. Pretty active in LR as well

7. Juni Panda (@juniped) - 226 TPE - Bank: $2.8 Mil

Juni Panda joined just after the S54 draft. So he was just left behind the rest of his class on the overall TPE scale. But Panda still was able to earn a pretty decent amount by seasons end. And Panda is one of the most active members in the Locker Room. Plus he has solid media and graphics (he definitely loves his vaporwave). Panda could be a late round steal.

8. Jed Mosley (@BasedMinkus) - 213 TPE - Bank: $1.5 Mil

Jed Mosley was a late round pick for Colorado. He was stuck in a timeshare at defense. That alone would deter most or kill their drive for improvement. Mosley kept at it and showed that he can still be relevant. I am sure that if a team drafts Mosley that it would ignite his passion and they would be getting another steal from the Raptors.

9. Mertin Brodeur  (@KarrdisBored) - 177 TPE - Bank: $4.3 Mil

Mertin Brodeur was the lone rookie goalie. He was 3rd on the depth chart behind the solid dynamic duo of Samat Beibitzhanov and Jerry Huuveri. That would be insanley hard to overcome for any rookie. Brodeur though has not posted or been active since creation. I really doubt he will be drafted.

It was brought to my attention that there are other players who could be drafted. These players were not drafted last season.
Aumy Jr (@st4rface) - 468 TPE - Bank: $32 Mil
Anrijs Asts (@asts) - 353 TPE - Bank: -$1.5 Mil

I have never actually interacted with either of these two players. I have only heard the stories. So I can see why they were not drafted. But this season as players both have been great defensemen for the Raptors. The bank account for Aumy Jr is pretty good while Asts needs some work. Hopefully they work hard on themselves to become better teammates.

Now on to the actual S55 SHL Entry Draft. Here is where all the Raptors landed:

Pick 11. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack Wolfpack - Guðmundur Kristjánsson
Pick 13. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard  Blizzard  - Terrence "Big Terry" Smith
Pick 15. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack Wolfpack - Ryan Rieley
Pick 20. Platoon Baltimore Platoon  Platoon - Lord Raiden
Pick 30. Dragons Calgary Dragons Dragons - Mack Daddy
Pick 34. Stars Toronto North Stars  Stars - Juni Panda
Pick 43. Rage Manhattan Rage  Rage - Jed Mosley Jr.
Pick 47. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks - Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind
Pick 94. Stampede Buffalo Stampede Stampede - Aumy Jr.
Pick 110. Stampede Buffalo Stampede  Stampede - Anrijs Asts

A couple surprises here. The single biggest surprise is Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind dropping to the late 3rd round. Most had projected APF going somewhere in the middle to late 1st. I am sure he is dead set on proving them all wrong. But I think Hamilton may have got the steal of the draft there. 
Guðmundur Kristjánsson being the first Raptor taken was kind of a surprise. And that is not a knock on him. He is a great player and rightly deserves it. It was more of a surprise on the fall of the top Raptors players like Terrence "Big Terry" Smith falling to pick 13. Im sure he will have a small chip on his shoulder but Edmonton probably is ecstatic to be able to grab him there.
Rieley and Raiden went right around their projections. Both a few picks before but landing in very favorable spots. Rieley joins Kristjánsson in New England. And I know Raiden is especially pumped about joining the Platoon.  Platoon 
Mack Daddy is another surprise dropping to the 30th pick to the Dragons. I am not sure why Daddy fall that far, but he is another great selection in the late 2nd round. 
Juni Panda going in the early 3rd round is not really a surprise. The guy deserves to be higher but the timeframe just didnt line up for him. Toronto got a great player.
Jed Mosley to the Rage mid 3rd round. Hopefully that drives Mosley to keep going and keep improving. 
As expected Mertin Brodeur was undrafted. He seems to be a inactive casualty at this point. 
The last two surprises came from Buffalo as they selected Aumy Jr and Asts. Not sure if they were joke picks or if they are ready to take a shot on the duo. We will have to wait and see on that one. 

Good Luck to all the Raptors who were drafted last night. I hope we can showcase what the Raptors roster is made of in the next couple seasons before we all join our SHL teams and move on to bigger and better times.

BAP!

(1409 Words 2x Bonus)

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs