Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #2 - Looking Ahead

When looking at my 425 TPE build, I look toward the players who play a similar role that I can learn from. Last season’s leading scorer also happens to be both a sniper forward and a Kelowna player, Jaska Seppala. His offensive stats including Shooting Accuracy, Screening and Getting Open at 14 made him a deadly force in front of the net and a key cog in Kelowna.

However, in order to contribute to the team earlier on in my career as we have a strong chance in the playoffs this season, I plan to become a slightly more defensively minded player than Seppala. By trading off a small amount of screening and getting open, already highly rated stats in my final build, I can become a more rounded player defensively and make an impact other than through my pure goal scoring ability. While Seppala balanced out his stats very evenly, I’m hoping my checking and defensive read will allow me to become a contributor all over the ice.

Code:
TPE: 425

[b]Points Available: 0[/b]

[u]Offensive Ratings[/u]
Screening: 13
Getting Open: 13
Passing: 9
Puckhandling: 13
Shooting Accuracy: 14
Shooting Range: 10
Offensive Read: 13

[u]Defensive Ratings[/u]
Checking: 12
Hitting: 9
Positioning: 11
Stickchecking: 11
Shot Blocking: 5
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 12

[u]Physical Ratings[/u]
Acceleration: 12
Agility: 11
Balance: 13
Speed: 13
Stamina: 13
Strength: 12
Fighting: 5

[u]Mental Ratings[/u]
Aggression: 6
Bravery: 7
*Determination: 15
*Team Player: 15
*Leadership: 15
*Temperament: 15
*Professionalism: 15

*Indicates attributes that cannot be edited.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 01:42 PM by iStegosauruz.)

I know literally nothing about hockey. I think thats going to be a very common theme in my PTs. That being said a lot of really smart people are doing their best to help me understand and have worked to help me craft a build path that'll make my player fun for me. I want to be a beefy dude who hits people and scores occasionally. Because of that quest I'm focusing heavily on my strength and shooting accuracy, with the goal to be to get both to 13. I'm also working on acceleration, balance, and speed. I can't give a hockey reason why but for the most part I think its because if I move really fast at someone and have good strength I'll hit them hard. That sounds good to me. Speed and balance need to be 13 and acceleration 11 when I'm at 425TPE. On the offensive side of my build I'm focusing on getting offensive read and screening to 12. Not really sure what screening does but offensive read sounds good. Gotta be smart to get stuff done on offense. I'm also working on pushing my puck handling and getting open to 13. Similar to basketball I assume being able to handle the puck well helps you score. It also makes logical sense to me that getting open helps me score too. Defense is lame for the most part but I'm getting checking and hitting to 12 apiece so I can deck some people.

[Image: TyDFBNU.png]

Player Attributes

Points Available: 0

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 11
Getting Open: 11
Passing: 11
Shooting Accuracy: 11
Shooting Range: 8
Offensive Read: 11

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 13
Hitting: 10
Positioning: 13
Stickchecking: 13
Shot Blocking: 10
Faceoffs: 13
Defensive Read: 13

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 13
Agility: 10
Balance: 13
Speed: 13
Stamina: 11
Strength: 11

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 7
Bravery: 7

I looked through other builds on some of the more advanced players and saw that there was growth in stages. I plan on keeping my training streamlined and starting out more of a two way center before advancing to a more defensive, back checking center. I will be focusing on key defensive skills like defensive positioning, faceoffs, stick checking, and defensive reads once I get my offensive skills to 11 as a start. Physically, I will need to keep up with the transition so a heavy focus on acceleration and speed to get back quickly is a must. Balance will also be key to maintain control of the puck and keep on my feet while battling for the puck. At the stage of 425 TPE those skills should all be 13 I feel as well as puckhandling at the offensive end of things. After this point I feel a bit more stamina and strength would only help in the path I want my player to be on.

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

[Image: Untitled1_20200806180818.png]

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

https://simulationhockey.com/playerbuild...TUsMTEsMTU=

It has been many years since I have built a goalie around these parts, so when I decided to finally build another one, I reached out to some folks around here for tips on building great goalies.
Through their knowledge and some tests done with the new sim system, it seemed that stats still fell into tiered categories, and you shouldn’t be surprised with what the top ones were.
Positioning, reflexes, recovery, glove, blocker, low shots, etc. You get the picture. So the build I have attached looks just like that, building the big main categories above the other tiers. The other thing people will notice about most of my player builds is I like to keep them all quite even, does it help? I don’t think so, but it looks good on paper, so that’s why I keep doing it. More numbers just looks like a bigger build and like look how many TPE that guy has!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 01:42 AM by AL GRINGO.)

So I do not know much about hockey and have been following the guidance of my coaches but I have a rough idea of what my build will look like at 425 TPE. I think the main strengths of Tres Sombreros at 425 TPE will be his ability to score from the outside. Also I think he will have great passing ability and skating ability. Overall I hope Tres Sombreros turns out to be one of the best offensive players in the league by the time he leaves. I think it can be doable for sure If I follow the guidance of my coaches and others in the league who know more about the sim engine and builds than me. I am really enjoying my time in the juniors so far and can't wait to get my first season underway. I also love that I am a part of an expansion team so I can help write history.

Code:
Offensive Ratings
Screening: 8
Getting Open: 11
Passing: 8
Puckhandling: 11
Shooting Accuracy: 11
Shooting Range: 8
Offensive Read: 12

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 10
Hitting: 5
Positioning: 10
Stickchecking: 10
Shot Blocking: 5
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 9

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 11
Agility: 10
Balance: 10
Speed: 11
Stamina: 11
Strength: 10

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 5
Bravery: 5

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

Build

For this build, I've tried to focus on a few of the most important stats for goalies in particular, such as reflexes, positioning, recovery, etc. When I first created my player, I sort of handicapped myself a little bit by putting way too many points into my glove, which I'm now going to have to work around. Otherwise, if I didn't screw up and make that mistake when I first made my player, stats such as reflexes and positioning would be even higher in this build. Overall, I just want to create a solid goaltender all around that gives his team a shot at winning every game possible and is a well-rounded player. Edward Teach has struggled a little bit early in the season in terms of save percentage, but with a solid enough GAA and a couple of nice highlights so far in the season, (a fun shootout win included) I'm optimistic about Teach's future as a star goalie in the league.

Outlaws
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 10:28 AM by bigbluex02.)

Projected 425 Build

For my 425 TPE build, I decided to go the Dangler route after talking with my GM. I originally wanted to be a passing/shooting hybrid, so I could just rack up the points, but I had no idea where to put my points in order to be successful. Thankfully Donini was able to help me out and provide me with a solid 225 build to start with, and I just expanded from there. Almost all of my red skills I want to get to 13+ because as the main attributes, I feel like I would be able to benefit the Outlaws immensely with those at a high skill rating. For most sim engines, speed kills, so I wanted to put a little extra into speed to hopefully create a lot more chances for Thomas Rose. Additionally, to create a more assisted aspect, I wanted to ensure that my passing was in the double digits and that my offensive read was at a solid point. With puckhandling and offensive read at a 13, combined with a 12 passing, I feel like I can have great success as setting up my teammates, as well as setting up myself on the ice.

Code:
200 WORDS

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

https://simulationhockey.com/playerbuild...E1LDE1LDE1

Got as close as I could

Yngve Simonsson has had a lot of success in his rookie season at the SMJHL level with Detroit so far, playing on the third line. The additional skills he will learn over the next few seasons should take him to being one of the fastest wingers in the league, with some excellent offensive skills. Yngve relies on his vision often on the ice to make sure he is reading the play at such fast speed. His vision is one of his best assets both on the offensive and defensive sides of the puck. His speed lets him separate from defenders and his quick thinking lets him get the best option off whether that is a shot or a pass.

Yngve has decent defensive skills, with solid positioning and a decent ability to go to the dirt areas for a check and has the strength to remain on his feet in battles. He isn't a perimeter European winger like some thought coming into the season

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Vladmir Petrov has an interesting build thus far that I have been working towards to make him a great all-around player. I see, in his future, at least for the minors, that he will stay on that path of equal all arounded-ness and will continue to strive for that. By the time I hit 425 TPE on Vladmir Petrov, and can apply it, I expect to have basically all of the offensive and defensive ratings to 13, which to me, is a perfect round number for what I am trying to accomplish with him. If anything else, my physical attributes, such as skating, strength, balance, and the like will probably lag a bit behind, sitting at the 10-11 range. I honestly don’t know too much else about FHM or hockey in general, so these are my plans of actions unless I am told otherwise by my General Managers. It will be interesting to see if Vladmir can live up to be the best Petrov like he Is supposed to.

(169 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 12:40 PM by Confusion.)

[Image: zsrJVTI.jpg]

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

Player Attributes

Points Available: 0

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 7
Getting Open: 10
Passing: 13
Shooting Accuracy: 13
Shooting Range: 9
Offensive Read: 13

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 12
Hitting: 5
Positioning: 13
Stickchecking: 12
Shot Blocking: 11
Faceoffs: 10
Defensive Read: 13

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 12
Agility: 12
Balance: 12
Speed: 12
Stamina: 13
Strength: 11

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 5
Bravery: 10

*Indicates attributes that cannot be edited.

People aren’t wrong when they say that having some balance in this game matters. That’s right up my alley as a Two-Way Center. While I’m not going to have 12’s across the board like a lot of others, it’ll be similar. I have Offensive and Defensive Read up to 13. I only have Faceoffs at 10, but I feel like that’s enough for the J to perform well. I want Doom to be more of a setup man, so I have his puckhandling and his passing at 13, while Getting Open and Screening are lower at 10 and 7 respectively. With that said, I still have Shooting Accuracy at 13 because it’s not like Doom won’t ever shoot. When he does, I’d like him to score, naturally. My other 13s are in positioning and stamina, both of which matter for my player, especially on the defensive end. Being a bit of a shutdown player can help us win a few more games down the line. Most of my physical ratings sit at a 12, except for strength which is only 11, and I’ll probably have to get that up a little bit and mess around with this build a bit more. But, at this point in time, this is where I’m considering my build to go. (216)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

https://simulationhockey.com/playerbuild...NSwxNSwxNQ==

In this league I want to make Josh Dolphin, yes i said it, Josh Dolphin a puck handling, swift moving all around greatness of a centreman. I want him to be not only the guy that can score those deep high net corner goals but also the skilled and dedicated player to pass those pucks to all the guys on the ice. I want the guys to call his name, shout from the heavens and set them up for the most B-E-A utiful goals! So to make sure that these targets I have set Josh Dolphin are met I have set: "sick" passing, "slick" puckhandling and of course last but not least offensive read at a value of almighty 14! Yeah you heard me right... 14; and boy hes got this right in the bag baby, BUT thats not all! Oh no no no, as a cool headed centreman, Faceoffs are most important, and by setting this value as 14 gives hope that Josh Dolphin can win the majority (if not all) faceoffs for his team! Just remember to keep your eye on the puck at all times, as once Josh Dolphin is on the ice and he wacks out those cool and fast, yet also eligant hand passes you wont know whats hit'ya!

[Image: vAQ3p9L.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

https://simulationhockey.com/playerbuild...E1LDE1LDE1

Kauppinen is the SMJHL's embodiment of speed. He zips around defensemen with ease, hardly batting an eye. He's always been this kind of player since he started playing the sport at age 6, although he was much more uncoordinated on his feet back then. In high school, if you went up against Valtterri, you could kiss your blue line goodbye. Although he's a shoot-first kind of player, he has a pretty decent pass. On the other end of the ice, he's also relatively competent compared to some other forwards. As someone who's played as a tendy for most of his life, I've always imagined what it'd be like if I had been speedy enough to light the goal horn consistently. It's why I've upped stats like speed, agility, offensive read, and shooting accuracy to 13+. On top of that, I always hated it when my teammates in real life absolutely sucked on the defensive end, so I tried to turn Kauppinen into a somewhat competent guy at the back end to save frustration from my team's goalies. With my 425 build, I think I've gotten everything I wanted in Kauppinen's stats and play-style.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]