Create Account

New Simmer Presser
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 06:00 PM by Zema.)

Yesterday it was announced that I will be taking over the simming duties for SMJHL come next season as @Kalakar will be moving up to the big leagues. This will be a chance for you to ask me anything about me, the stream/sim or anything else you want.

08-15-2020, 04:53 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Beans?

Beans.

08-15-2020, 04:53 PMZomp Wrote: Twitch or Youtube?

I have experience with Twitch, but Youtube is much better with VODs. I'll look into how much different it is.

08-15-2020, 04:53 PMsve7en Wrote: Odds that song requests go away?

If VODS are being taken down due to copyright infringement due to song requests, it should probably go away. There are probably other things you can do to create a chat interaction, such as polls.

08-15-2020, 04:55 PMStamkosFan Wrote: How will you rig the sims for Maine?

Everyone on Maine becomes an agitator.

08-15-2020, 04:56 PMAndy Wrote: I second the twitch or YouTube question.

Also what are your thoughts on player vs GM control of player roles as seen in the SHL discussion section?

I think a very big draw for newcomers to the league is that you can build a player to fit your fantasy of how you want him to be played. I don't really know how different the two engines (old vs FHM) are, but they seem to give GMs more options in terms of tactics that can break that fantasy for a lot of players.

For me, this league is more about role playing than breaking the game engine to come up with the most optimal tactics or strategies to win. I like the suggestions some have around limiting player roles on player creation either by choice (everyone can choose 5 roles) or by default (if you choose this Maine role, these are the extra ones you get for free that are close in proximity to your role + add two). Players evolve and develop and are rarely one archetype of a player. Patrice Bergeron is not purely a two-way forward or defensive forward, he's also a playmaker.

08-15-2020, 04:57 PMAgentSmith630 Wrote: How does it feel to join the illustrious group of Maine Timber players/alumni who have been in recent control of the simming?

It feels great tbh. We are slowly taking over the league through other means than winning a cup (feels bad man)

08-15-2020, 04:58 PMNhamlet Wrote: What's something you'd like to do with sims going forward?

What's a challenge that you expect as a simmer for you personally?

1. Some fun events pre-game on some days. Say every Friday we play Marbles/Fall Guys or w/e is flavour of the month for an hour before the sim starts. It's something I'd like to do, but making it happen depends on just how much time everything will take.

2. The consistency in doing it 6 days a week. Some days you might just want to chill, but you will be forced to "work". I know what I signed up to so I am ready for it, but it's a different thing expecting what is to come and to then follow through on it. But it's something that I know I've had troubles with in IRL and want to see this as a chance to grow as a person.

08-15-2020, 05:00 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: e?

g.

08-15-2020, 05:01 PMGeekusoid Wrote: What features of your streams will you include to separate yourself from the other simmers?

There are some things I'd like to implement. Rolling pictures of Standings/scoring leaders/other stats would be a cool thing to have. Earlier I answered polls of some sorts. Maybe a poll in chat before every game to predict the winner? I'd like to get something more in there, and these are things I know are possible. It's all about how much extra time everything takes really, and it's something I will have to look into when it gets closer to the starting date.

08-15-2020, 05:10 PMbbjygm Wrote: Full name? Credit card number? Expiration date? Security code? Billing zip code? I just like knowing weirdly specific details of my simmer, I'm just quirky and random like that! *holds up spork*
Blump Bomp
1111 2222 4444 6666, 999 on the back and 11/11 date.
live in French Guyana
666 666
Understandable my friend, have a nice day.

08-15-2020, 05:12 PMkrazko Wrote: What are you looking forward to most as a simmer?
What do you not look forward to?

Which team is the best Swedish hockey team and why is it Frölunda?

1. Actually helping out the site. Also the money.
2. I'm not looking forward to the days where I don't want to sim and still will have to. But I knew this going in, and I know it's gonna be fine once I get rolling with it.

That last question does not deserve a dignified answer. Mods pls delete.

08-15-2020, 05:22 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: Is your username ZEE-mah or ZEH-mah?

I pronounce it as ZEE-mah, but I don't really care too much.

08-15-2020, 05:22 PMTylar Wrote: what's sim time imo

I live in Sweden, so it would be similar to now which is 21.00-21.30 my time. Give or take an hour or so.

08-15-2020, 05:51 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: What happens as a simmer? What happens if a game goes horribly wrong? What happens if you're accused of rigging the games? What happens if a game goes horribly right? What happens if you're accused of favoritism? What happens if I have too many questions?

I sim games, upload files after games.
I re-sim until Maine wins.
I tell them no u, and then they ff.
Then we keep it going.
I tell them no u, and they ff
Nothing, I just answer them for a friend, my friend.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Beans?

Twitch or Youtube?

Odds that song requests go away?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

How will you rig the sims for Maine?

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

I second the twitch or YouTube question.

Also what are your thoughts on player vs GM control of player roles as seen in the SHL discussion section?

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

How does it feel to join the illustrious group of Maine Timber players/alumni who have been in recent control of the simming?

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

08-15-2020, 04:55 PMStamkosFan Wrote: How will you rig the sims for Maine?

Quietly, yet efficiently

Maine 50-0 coming next season buckle up

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

What's something you'd like to do with sims going forward?

What's a challenge that you expect as a simmer for you personally?

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

e?

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

What features of your streams will you include to separate yourself from the other simmers?

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]

Full name? Credit card number? Expiration date? Security code? Billing zip code? I just like knowing weirdly specific details of my simmer, I'm just quirky and random like that! *holds up spork*

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

What are you looking forward to most as a simmer?
What do you not look forward to?

Which team is the best Swedish hockey team and why is it Frölunda?

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Is your username ZEE-mah or ZEH-mah?

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

what's sim time imo

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie