Create Account

Introducing the Newest SHL Team

[Image: ATL_Inferno_Branding.png]
[Image: ATL_Inferno_Primary.png]
[Image: ATL_Inferno_Alt_1.png]

[Image: XGgo1S9.jpg]

[Image: KvLan2J.jpg]
[Image: 6hC9tMY.jpg]

I am extremely excited to announce that the newest SHL franchise is the Atlanta Inferno!

As both an untapped market in the SHL and a place of incredible historical and cultural magnitude in the United States, Atlanta stands out as an extremely attractive destination for this newest SHL team. I am happy to contribute to the geographical spread by adding another team in the Southeast, especially when it’s a city as prominent and cool as this. While the calls for an NHL team here aren’t as widespread as were the calls for one in Seattle, the sport of hockey has been missed in Atlanta since the departure of the Thrashers, and the Inferno are elated to bring hockey back to the ATL (except this one is fake i guess).

The team name is special for Atlanta in a few key ways - firstly and most obviously, it pays homage to the old Atlanta Flames and builds on that team history, elevating it to more of a roar. This team will be an intimidating force in the league for a long time, and this name reflects that power. Front and center in the mascot is the phoenix, equally representative of the team name and the city. Atlanta was burned to the ground in the US Civil War and rose from the ashes to become the cultural epicenter it is today, and thus has adopted the phoenix as an unofficial symbol for the city. The phoenix features on the Atlanta city flag, and now in my online fake hockey league team logo as well.

The most significant and loudest acknowledgments and thanks here go to @Julio Tokolosh, the runaway MVP of this process. I knew the level of (literally) professional talent I was getting involved with with Julio, so my expectations coming into this process were high, and he still somehow managed to surpass them. He’s been equally great in bringing my ideas to life and developing his own and he’s worked tirelessly over the last week to develop this now-finished product. He presented so many incredible ideas that if (when) i run this franchise into the ground over the next ten seasons and need a rebrand, I have another entire set of logos from JT that I can adopt and I’ll be just as excited for those. Toko’s creativity and ability never ceased to amaze me, and I’m so happy with the finished product here.

Much thanks and credit is due to @mdubz for the jerseys as well. Dubz is well-known to be a jersey master around here and I was happy to be able to work with him on this and equally happy with the end result. Thank you to dubz for coming up with the final versions that I wanted, even if he thought one of the other options was better :D The dark grey on the homes represents the ash from which the phoenix rises, and the aways stay true to our fiery theme. These alternates will feature in a select few home games throughout the season on our "ATL NIGHT" special occasions celebrating the city, its culture, and its people.

Thanks are also due to many others, including @DaftRaincloud for creating the reveal video, which hits every beat. I also want to thank @Ace for the many back-and-forth conversations about branding ideas and about expansion in general. Special credit is due to @SAwful, who helped me brainstorm Atlanta-specific names, including the ultimate winner. Lastly, a thank you to @karey and @SDCore for logo feedback while this was still in the not-quite-complete stages. My #NOLEAKS attitude wouldn’t have been successful without the cooperation of all of these people, so thanks for keeping things quiet as well :)

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

first

looks great hotdog Smile

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Damn, great job!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Need those alternates to be your home jersey.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Congrats Hotdog! Looks great already.

Love that secondary patch

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Those all blacks!

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

That a on the alternate patch bothers me

Other than that, I'm excited to see what Atlanta will do!

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

everything related to this is fire (pun intended)
seriously great job with the branding, it’s sick

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Ilike

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Very nice

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Love the branding Hotdog. I'm excited to see what the future holds for Atlanta!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Well that's just smoking hot. Hands down my favourite expansion of the 4 in recent times. Makes it even better that they come from the hotdog himself.

Petition to nickname them the hOtters.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Love it!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Fuckin hot

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Sexy

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride