Create Account

Arsene's 2xDraft Rankings
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 12:04 AM by spooked.)

Code:
2165 words, double draft media submission

Hello World,

Spooked here to get some cash and tell some General Managers where I would be open to playing and where I would be less interested in being drafted to. I am open to going anywhere this time around really, but I would likely feel a little less excited going to the teams at the bottom of my interest list. I am sure if those locker rooms and general managers can put together a good pitch or some kind of concrete plan before the draft this list could very well change. As a long-time Anchorage alum, some may think that I will be going back there, but as of now I have no clue if that is going to happen, in part due to not having really shown much interest but also because they currently have one of the best blue lines I have seen in Juniors ever, and I am not sure if I would be able to find a spot on the roster. I was playing fairly well out-of-position as a late-season signing in Anchorage and trust the management there, so it may happen, but I don’t think any general managers reading this should overlook the possibility of picking up a solid D in my player.

I will just roughly group the teams together as I see them in terms of my interest, and I don’t think I really have a strong stance on most of them, especially those in the middle. I do have a couple teams I would want to completely avoid barring some really attractive discussions that would change my mind.

Low Interest Teams
These teams are generally ones which I would have to need a lot of convincing to want to go to, but would be willing to if they could pitch me something which includes good pay, a good role, and a good plan for the future, with a good understanding of the LR.

12 -  Knights Kelowna Knights

I have always been turned off by the Knights to be honest, just from the past and some of the people they tended to regularly bring through their LR, I am not sure if it is really a good fit for me. Not to mention I am not really a fan of the teams colors and all that. As it seems like players stay down for a while, I don’t think their relatively strong season this past time is really that big of a draw as anywhere I will end up could have at least a couple good swings at the cup if managed reasonably well by the time I am called up.

11 - Timber Maine Timber

I have literally no idea about Maine at all, the only impression I have is being totally Football Managered in the playoffs by them and their god awful jerseys. I just don’t ever see myself being satisfied playing in green and arguably inappropriate brown.

Uncertain Interest Teams

These teams are ones which I have little to no knowledge about and would want to have discussion with the management group about more concrete ideas around how I would fit in the team, my contract, the team’s future and the roles I could fill, as well as a bit of information about the LR and how active they are since I have no clue about them at all.

10 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows

I have to say, there is just something about the Scarecrows that leaves a weird taste in my mouth. I can’t say there is anything really wrong with them, I know I had a couple less-than-perfect interactions with some of the people who I would think are still in their LR a couple of years ago, but I don’t think there is really anything firm that would make playing there an issue. I think I would want a small pitch on the current state of the team and where they will be the next couple seasons. Nothing too much here really, I just don’t have any strong positive or negative feelings. I don’t see myself playing here as of right now, but that could always change.

9 - Falcons Detroit Falcons

Detroit is a team which I think has one of the more familiar alumni for me personally with 3-5 people who I have had a bit of interaction with before, but I tend to see them as an opponent more than somewhere I am playing. Not sure why, but I always remember them being a strong opponent whenever I have played or managed in Juniors. They didn’t do too hot this season, but that could be a positive if they can pitch a good role for me with some firm plans to improve, and I think their new management should be solid.

8 - Battleborn Nevada Battleborn

I don’t have any strong feelings for Nevada’s club to be honest. I know they had the worst record this season, but that might mean a chance at setting some records if I could get big minutes in my first season. I think this could be a good fit, but I would want to have a pitch from the management to understand my role and more importantly how they see the team progressing up from the bottom over the next couple years and how I would fit into that.

Moderate Interest
These are teams which I would not be against going to, but would still want some information and contact about what the team is looking to accomplish the next couple weeks and the roles I would fill. I don’t think I would need much convincing to go to any of these, but would appreciate having a bit of information about them before going there.

7 - Raptors Colorado Raptors

I just am not really sure if there is anything very positive on the near-to-mid horizon in Colorado. If I remember correctly they are going through a bit of a management transition this off season and are coming up on surpassing the seasons-without-a-cup record that I managed to conclude with Prince George a long time ago. I would want to discuss with the management in Colorado before being picked by them about the coming couple seasons and would prefer to have a good understanding of the LR before moving to this team.

6 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers

I am not sure how many people remember, but I was originally a Whalers player when I was a newgen a few years ago. I don’t really think I have any clue about the management team there now, but I think it could be fun to go back there again just to see how it is. I am a bit concerned that they may be a little bit in a weird place right now, with not doing well this season, but also not being the worst team. They seem to kind of be stuck at the back of the competitive teams in the West right now, and I would probably want to talk to the management group before being drafted.

5 - Citadelles Quebec City Citadelles

Not really sure on this one either, this might be a little high to be honest for QCC. I am not sure where they are going or what they need. I have no connection to the LR here or any idea of what kind of fit I would have. They have some nice branding and I could see going there and not being disappointed, so I am open to Quebec for sure. I think for Quebec, I would just want to know how the LR is and who are the big pieces they have to keep it fun day-to-day.

4 -  Berserkers Newfoundland Berserkers

Very strong team, I am not sure if I would really have a good role here, but it would be nice to see if I could help extend their success a bit, and they have reasonably nice branding that would make it fun to make graphics. As with some other teams, I literally have no idea who is in the LR or how I would fit in, so that would be my main concern if I was drafted to Newfoundland.

High Interest Teams
These are teams which I would have no complaints about going to, but would want to know the roles I would fill over the next couple of seasons, just to make sure I will be able to have some impact and responsibility. I wouldn’t be upset going to them, but talking to them prior to the draft is always nice.

3 -  Kraken Carolina Kraken

I think Carolina is an interesting one for me, they have a lot of solid people in the group from what I have seen, and I think they have a pretty good look as a team. They are fairly strong based on this past season, not sure who they will lose this off season, but I think it would be a good place to go just to get to know some of the LR members I am aware of being in Carolina, as well as having a fairly experienced management. Would want to have a quick talk with the team before the draft, but I can’t really say I am aware of anything that would be wrong with going to the Kraken, other than potentially not being able to play a role for a couple years, which could be a deal breaker for me.

2 -  Outlaws Anaheim Outlaws

Anaheim is an interesting proposition as well. I think they have a pretty slick look now, but I have no idea about anyone in that team from what I have seen. I know I have a couple of ties to them through people I met briefly in Minnesota on my last inactive contract farmer, so I think it could be a good fit if not just to meet some new people and get to know some people who I never had the chance to really get to know before.

1 -  Armada Anchorage Armada

Literally the team and LR I know the best and have a high amount of trust and comfort with the team. I would have no issues going to Anchorage, other than maybe having a bit of an understanding of my role in the lineup, as I think I would probably end up being played deep in the depth chart at the moment based on what is likely to happen in the offseason. I might be wrong about that, but that would be a big discussion to have before the draft and is the reason why I think making this ranking might help some teams figure out if I am worth looking at or not. Although Anchorage is my first choice in terms of pure interest, I am kind of excited to see who ends up picking me after being away for awhile, so if the Armada have a slot for me and pick me that’s awesome, but if it’s not a good fit right now and I go somewhere that’s cool too. Although I would love to be back in Anchorage!

That’s about it, but I want to stress that any team that would want to take me should reach out to me sometimes prior to the draft just to let me figure out if it’s a good fit or not. For most of the teams, even if I put you lower down, it would be mainly because I don’t really have any strong feelings about going there, so talking to me could help convince me that it could be a good fit.

If the GMs need a bit of information about my player, I am currently heavily offensively built as a D-man, with a high focus on providing offensive opportunities to the team through rebounds or passing, as well as being strong through my physicals. I am not super interested in being an overly defensive player, but am willing to put some points into defensive attributes that will help my overall contribution. I am planning on aiming to have a strong transition and playmaking build, but am willing to focus on my general defensive attributes early to help fill depth roles, although I wouldn’t mind having the option of filling a more offensive role if there is one open for a lower TPE player. I have many millions in the bank right now from my previous inactive period collecting paychecks, so I am fully banked up for Juniors at the very least. If any GM has questions or wants to talk to me you can PM here or find me on the SHL discord.

Hope everyone has a good draft and gets some good picks, thanks everyone.

Nice write up spooked!

Armada

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Berserkers goat lr

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

We're (Vancouver) actually moving into a contention window at this point. Some of the other Western teams are losing players while we are only losing Hartmann for this next season. We'll have 5-7 players over 350 TPE and quite a few at that level. We're likely to be much more competitive next season. We started showing signs of life after the midway point and will probably start a lot stronger.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

09-10-2020, 05:06 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: We're (Vancouver) actually moving into a contention window at this point. Some of the other Western teams are losing players while we are only losing Hartmann for this next season. We'll have 5-7 players over 350 TPE and quite a few at that level. We're likely to be much more competitive next season. We started showing signs of life after the midway point and will probably start a lot stronger.

Thanks for letting me know! Sounds like you guys have a couple good seasons coming up then :D

Imagine picking friends by the color of jerseys.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

09-11-2020, 12:20 PMsuavemente Wrote: Imagine picking friends by the color of jerseys.
These are things that are important Wink