Create Account

(2x Draft Media) S57 Goalie Stops

Possible Goalie Destinations

Trying to earn my keep here and going to attempt another media piece.  This time I will be focusing on the net minders and what kind of demand they might be under?  I will scour the SMJHL team by team and find possible fit(s) for the lonely two goalies in this draft class.  Myself Yanno Rosejac and fellow class mate Jon St.Ark.

Taking a closer look at the two athletes, there is a remarkable similarity in their respective builds all be it still very young and full of potential to ultimately become franchise goaltenders in one of the SMJHL teams.  

Yanno Rosejac Ratings                                                                       
Goalie Rating                                                                                           
Blocker: 11                                                                                             
Glove: 11                                                                                      
Passing: 5                                                                                              
Poke Check: 6                                                                                            
Positioning: 12
Rebound: 12                   
Recovery: 12                                                                 
Puckhandling: 5
Low Shots: 11
Reflexes: 11
Skating: 9
Mental Ratings
Mental Toughness: 9
Goalie Stamina: 9

Jon St.Ark Ratings
Goalie Ratings
Blocker: 11
Glove: 11
Passing: 10
Poke Check: 10
Positioning: 12
Rebound: 10
Recovery: 10
Puckhandling: 9
Low Shots: 10
Reflexes: 12
Skating: 7
Mental Ratings
Mental Toughness: 9
Goalie Stamina: 9

Anaheim Outlaws
The Outlaws have two aging goalies in their system, Borro a S53 with 436 TPE to his name and Aaron also from S53 who has a grand total of 184 TPE.  I can say that my searching begins and ends here for possible goalie destinations but I am not sure on what are the chances that a goalie goes #1.  Anaheim does have a second round pick (19th) and maybe there they might be tempted or should I say should take a flyer on one or any of the two goalies available. 

Anchorage Armada
Team owns the 8th, 18th and 22nd picks in the first two rounds, now they have undoubtedly their number one goalie in Scoochie Stratton (S54 665 tpe) but he is also nearing the end to his smjhl career and have already attempted to find his successor in S55 goalie Kojo Murata (160 tpe)without much success.  He shows a very low tpe level and with it I am guessing a very low activity level to go with!  Here lies another possible goalie destination.

Carolina Kraken
Currently 3 goalies on their roster with Joe Simpson (S53 180 tpe) is obviously their to take slap shots during practice (no disrespect) while at the other end of the spectrum we find two very young goalies.  Ragnar-Alexandre-Ragnarsson-Tremblay (S56 223 tpe) and Blunt Man (S55 377 tpe).  Clearly here there is no need for another goalie as this franchise has clearly rectified the goalie situation beforehand.  Definitely not drafting a goalie.

Colorado Raptors
Two young goalies in the system at the moment, Marcel Laflamme (S56 230 tpe) not a very big earner compared to his draft class and Tyrone Banks (S56 161 tpe)  The Raptors have the 7th and 20th picks in this coming draft.  I can see almost for certain they grab one of the two goalies available and thus securing their future between the pipes.

Detroit Falcons
Detroit has the 3rd and only pick in the first two rounds.  They drafted a goalie last season named Valtteri Aalto (S56 236 tpe) , again not the best earner out there and with their presumably back up goalie Ron Johnson (S52 158 tpe) who seems to be trending backwards in tpe, the Falcons will definitely be in the market to drafting a goalie this draft.  Will it be 3rd overall? I don't know!

Kelowna Knights
Kelowna seemed to be ahead of the game here, Their starter Peter Ramsey (S55 407 tpe) seems like the sure thing in net and their back up Damien Vertigo (S56 239 tpe) seems poised to taking over the starting job one day.  So safe to say that Kelowna is not in the market for a prospect goalie.

Maine Timber
Maine holds the 11th pick in this draft.  Starting netminder Leo Bloomfield (S54 381 tpe) is seemingly on his last legs here in the SMJHL and his prodigy Keisuke Suzuki (S55 270 tpe) is on route to becoming a number one goalie for the Timber.  Still with the inevitable departure of Bloomfield,  they will seemingly be in the market to grab a goalie this draft class.

Nevada Battle Born
Have the second and thirteenth picks, they also added to their prospect system 3 young goalies from last years draft class.  Enough said, no goalie picks going here this time around.

Newfoundland Berserkers
Berserkers have multiple picks early on in the first 2 rounds such as, 12th, 16th, 17th and 24th.  With veteran starting netminder Amundsen making the jump to SHL in the very near future, the team turned around and drafted Junior Guarda (S55 247 tpe) to become their next starting goalie after Matvei Stevlaco has possibly gone inactive looking at his numbers. Their is a very high risk a goalie is drafted here.

Quebec City Citadelles
In the first two rounds Quebec has but one pick and thats the 8th overall.  With 2 young goalies in the system from the S56 class and not much success tpe wise, the opportunity is there for the taking.  Will Quebec seize it or gamble and wait for a later round? But they are in the market for a goalie.

St.Louis Scarecrows
The Scarecrows are set in nets, with starter Nicolae Antonescu (S55 454 tpe) is as good as it gets and back up goalie Richard Majors (S54 273 tpe) is set in his role.  With only the 4th overall pick in these two first rounds, it seems highly unlikely they use it to nab a goalie.  Although a possible upgrade on Majors might be a good thing, not quite 4th overall worthy just yet.

Vancouver Whalers
Vancouver is an interesting one, picking 6th, their only pick in the first two rounds.  They have their #1 goalie in Name Redacted but is also a S54 generation which means his playing time in the juniors is all but over by next season.  Their secondary goalie, Zack Attack (S53 155 tpe) is basically not even an option at this point.  Leaving the Whalers with a big choice to make!

In conclusion, with only two goalies in this draft class and an abundance of goalie positions needed filling, my guess that a team will draft a goalie in the top 10.  Then again what do I know?

(2x draft media 1105 words)

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Great stuff man you're gonna be great!

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]