Create Account

Post Entry Draft Presser: Calvin Hobbes (2x draft media) - ready for grading
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 12:02 PM by krazko.)

Ready to be graded!

Calvin Hobbes walks up to the podium following the SHL entry draft has finished, ready to answer any questions you may have for him

09-13-2020, 04:31 AMFrick_Nasty Wrote: How do you feel about the draft?

How do you like your new teammates?

Who do you wish you could have had drafted from this class with you?

The draft was a great experience! It was a lot of fun leading up to it with the scouting and talking to all the teams. I found out early that New England was looking at me high on the board which made it all the more exciting!
It's an honor to be drafted so early as #5 in my first ever entry draft! I know and understand some people are asking if it was the right move by NEW and I aim to prove everyone that the trust they put in me was the right choice!

I've not had a lot of time to interact with them yet, the reception when I (and funk) joined the locker room was really good! Unfortunately with the time difference I joined the locker and it was already quite late.
The first impression is great and the guys I know from before I do like a lot! Also had great chats with the management during scouting, so have a really good feeling about the team!

I've not been the most talkative with the draft class, but I'm really happy with everyone we got in NEW this draft. I honestly have no special preferences as everyone from the draft class that I have interacted with has been a positive experience. 

So there really are too many good options that I can't name any because if I do, I'd miss out on some that shouldn't be missed.
If I had to pick just 1 person who wasn't picked by NEW, I think it'd be Weaver, he's been very engaged and written a lot of good media from what I've seen!

09-13-2020, 07:01 AMZema Wrote: What did you think about the entire drafting process?

It was a great experience, lots of fun and very interesting to speak to so many of the GMs, co-GMs, scouts and fellow prospects (something I was quite bad at prior to the draft). It's definitely been one of the best parts of the league so far!
I was speaking to New England for quite a long time prior to the draft and with the showing interest and ultimately confirming they would draft me early I was looking forward to the draft a lot and got quite impatient when the draft date wasn't announced for a long time.

09-13-2020, 07:44 AMAce Wrote: Now that you’re a member of the Wolfpack franchise, does this change your development plan?

Who’s your favorite new teammate already?

Do you think you could score a goal against Frans Eller in training camp?

I don't think it will have any major impacts on my development plan. I will still want to become the best player I can be that will be useful for Maine to start and then the Wolfpack once I'm called up. Going forward I'll discuss with both teams management on where they'd like me to focus.

Is this a trick question where I should answer Frans Eller??
So far everyone has been super nice so I can't pick any favourite!

I've been working hard on the scoring aspect during off season so I'd like to think so!

09-13-2020, 12:55 PMkenvald Wrote: What are your thoughts on the other New England draftees that were picked in the same draft?

How did the Maine locker room react when you were drafted?

Super nice people and I'm really excited to play alongside them! Would've been difficult to pick a better group!

The Maine locker room exploded! They were all happy for me and very supportive! I don't think most of them knew or suspected the very early pick! So was fun to be able to celebrate with them as well!

09-13-2020, 01:44 PMbbjygm Wrote: When did you see yourself getting picked in the draft vs when you actually got picked?

I knew quite early from talks with the Wolfpack that they were interested in picking me early, so I never thought about the draft position too much prior to starting the conversation with them.
But what I can say is that from the beginning of my career my goal was always to be drafted as early as possible. With the many very talented players in the draft I was hoping I could become good enough so I'd be picked in the first round.

09-13-2020, 07:58 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: What SHL player would you say inspires you the most? 
If not New England, what SHL team would you have wanted to go to in the draft?

I didn't follow the SHL too much during my rookie season and so there's not 1 specific person. I do think Wagström is impressive, with how good his player is. Otherwise Aaron Wilson, another Center who delivers the puck and helps his team with a lot of assists.

There really isn't one specific I would've wanted to go to, San Francisco has a lot of the guys I know from team Sweden locker room and otherwise it would've been fun to join Atlanta or Seattle to be part of the early journey of an expansion team!

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

How do you feel about the draft?

How do you like your new teammates?

Who do you wish you could have had drafted from this class with you?

[Image: lazer2.png]

What did you think about the entire drafting process?

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Now that you’re a member of the Wolfpack franchise, does this change your development plan?

Who’s your favorite new teammate already?

Do you think you could score a goal against Frans Eller in training camp?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

What are your thoughts on the other New England draftees that were picked in the same draft?

How did the Maine locker room react when you were drafted?

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

When did you see yourself getting picked in the draft vs when you actually got picked?

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Done until here

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

What SHL player would you say inspires you the most?
If not New England, what SHL team would you have wanted to go to in the draft?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs