Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

Vladmir Petrov is quite handy with his hands. He has always been known as the fix it guy of the Petrov Brothers, so when he gets his mind set on something to make it work, he goes to town to make sure whatever the project he is working on, actually, you know, works. There has been one thing this season that Vladmir Petrov has needed to fix, badly, in the Anchorage Locker Room. A lot of the lockers have squeaky ass chairs. When you sit down, you can just hear the chair leg squeak and not stop until whomever is sitting on the damn chair, gets off of it. So, on his next off day, Vladmir is bringing out the duty belt, getting the pieces together, and fixing those god damn chairs. Worst comes to worst, if he isn’t able to fix it (Don’t tell Vladmir that, he thinks he can fix anything) he will end up destroying the damn chairs with his sledgehammer and buy the team new ones. It’s a win win situation for everyone.

(177 Words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Definitely the current big need for the Toronto North Stars are their defensemen. The team currently has a sub-300 TPE defenseman and are basically running their first pair 30 minutes a night because of it. At the moment, 3 of the 6 spots are currently filled by the likes of Delver Fudgeson, Ursin Zimmermann, and Axel Meszaros. Soemone that they could call up to boost the team is one of the juniors top defensemen in Ryuosko Sato. Sato being one of the most highly touted defensemen prospects in the league and would easily be a major spark for the Stars lineup with his solid all around game. They also have the option to call up Richard Luffy Richard and Alexi Petrikov. Both are not as highly touted so far as Sato but have the compete level in order to make a perfect bottom pairing in the SHL so that Ursin and Delver won't have to play such heavy minutes throughout the season. These would be major improvements for the team if they decided to use their prospect depth in order to boost the SHL squad

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

The Texas Renegades are very much a team on the rise, and its difficult to pinpoint weakness in how the team is built. The Renes have a solid core of young players complemented by a few top-end veterans and they are primed to make the transition from playoff team to cup contender in the next few seasons. However they are not quite at that point yet, and there are a few weaknesses in their roster this season. Most notable of those is the Renegades' lack of elite talent. Texas only has two players over 1500 TPE in Andreas Kvalheim and Josef Kubinec, and Kvalheim has really struggles offensively to start the season. Their defense in particular could use a elite point scorer, as Texas has struggled to generate offense from the blueline, especially on the powerplay. The their blueline has only scored 4 points on the powerplay so far, which is not great.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

One area that really needs improvement on my SHL team is the Left Wing position on the second line. That guy Fred Wanesly is just not great. But I guess you get what you can and try to work with it when you are an expansion team. At least he seems to be earning now. (This is a joke because I am Fred Wanesly). But in all seriousness, it is hard being an expansion team. There are a lot of areas that need work, but I have faith in the management. All we need is a little time and a fair amount of patience. We have a good amount of talent coming up in the next few seasons and I look forward to the new talent not only on the ice, but also in the locker room. We are already fostering a great community with the few people we've got now, so I think it can only get better from here. I look forward to the success that will eventually come.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 09:54 PM by Lime.)

The current weakness in Buffalo is scoring. Though there are no higher scoring teams in the west, there are 3 in the east, and that just wont do for an elite team like Buffalo. Hamilton has nearly 40 goals on us and that's unacceptable. Fish has already fiddled with the lines which is working, but we need more goal. We have super luffy and he's not at the top like he should be. My strategy is this: score more goals. What Buffalo needs to do is get everyone's Getting Open and Shooting Accuracy to 20. That's right. What the hell is the other team supposed to do if they're constantly getting peppered by laser beams? Nothing. That's what. Nothing. Oh you have good D read? Well then you'll be able to see very quickly that this shots about to blast through your skull and into the net. Wanna slam into somebody so they can't get the shot off? Wrong. The puck is already passed off to a guy with 100 feet of empty space around him. He's so open that the physical properties of the rink cant contain him. He creates his own pocket dimension just to get enough space. And then he scores cause you don't even know where he is. That man's name? Matt Kholin. Because I need him to score for fantasy.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Right now a weak spot of the Tampa Bay Barracuda is pretty much the bottom 6-8. Still currently in a rebuild there are some pretty weak spots thats are going to be filled. Goaltending for one. Our goaltender is an IA <400 TPE and is somehow playing well. He can keep it together for a bit, but we really need something more consistent. The real way to fix this time, is just to give it more time. Not making a Lando Calrissian joke, but seriously. The core is growing, the rookies are growing, they are going to get there. Were growing as a team, as a locker room and as a competitive force in the SHL. Our D core right now is still playing in the SMJHL. We had some great draft seasons and all the pieces are in place. Few more seasons down the road, and everyone is up and rolling. Thats how this team is going to get fixed.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Tampa Bay Barracuda, a team that has a lot of weak spots right now. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything they can do urgently in order to fix what is going on. The Barracuda are playing the long con by waiting for all of their up and coming stars from the SMJHL. However, if we go back in time. The Barracuda could just kept some players around and traded draft picks in order to stay closer to the top. But looking at the current situation. They may be able to get some decent players if they were to trade almost all of their prospects. However, that would put them into a similar situation they were in before they started this rebuild. All in all, aint much the Barracuda could do to put themselves back into the championship race until these young guns get their asses into the league. Hopefully, within another two seasons, the Barracuda will really be something to be feared.

[Image: panico.png]

I think most noticeable flaw in any team I could think of is with Toronto and specially with their location. As huge hockey market it makes sense to have team there but here it doesn't give them any advantages, no extra marketing or media spotlight, but what they get instead is division with 3 other teams that are all good enough to compete for cup and president's trophy if, at least with some luck. This gets us to point where either some of these top teams needs to take a quite hit in near future or Toronto needs to push to be top 4 team in league to make it into playoffs.

I have talked about reseeding divisions based on performance after every season but that didn't get anywhere, who needs more fair competition anyway. So as that option is off the table I think Toronto should relocate as far from Great lakes that is possible, though still staying in North America as if they go to too odd location it wont fit anywhere and keeping them in same division makes as much sense as adding them to any other.

San Diego North Stars sounds pretty good to me and should get the problems fixed.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

PBE Welfare Claim

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Ill talk about my own team because it is the easiest to talk about. But personally, I think if you look at the difference of the Specters from last year to this year, we have lost some big pieces in trades and managerial movement. With Fuzz going to LAP and Mayfield getting traded out of NOLA, we had some holes to fill. Along with Vanice getting selected in the expansion draft and Poroshenko going to Calgary in free agency, you do not just replace players like that over night.
Out of the 5 top teams in the SHL, the New Orleans Specters not only score the fewest amount of goals, but we also give up the most. That might be a problem with our lines because we have Jimmy Slothface on forward who should be doing a lot better than he is. Looking at our defensive core, we have Kirkby, ODelein and Claude who should be holding down the fort but that does not seem to be the case. Whether the lines are not working, the tactics can be adjusted or we just need to shuffle everything around, there should be better production from the Specters this season, even though they did lose some key pieces from last season till now/

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

This is an interesting topic, because to answer how to fix a team that means we think there is something wrong with them. I'll pick on my own team that I help to Co-Manage. The thing people seem to like to criticize is our jersey color, and I'll take their talking up. We would change the primary home color to the deep green (I believe it's actually called forest green) and for the shoulders and striped we are tweaking the brown to be a red / brown or a muddy red. I believe this achieves the goal of maintaining separation from other green based teams in the league, and gives us a nice looking finished product.
Now, with jerseys out of the way the last bit I'd do is make it so white is the home jersey again. I think the leagues are better when the road teams wear the color jerseys, because then you get to see a difference with other teams are playing, not just green vs white.

Now our tree haters (read: Flex) are going to have to find something else to base their hatred on

Code:
195 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

The Detroit Falcons aren't doing so hot out there to start S56. Just 2 wins and 6 points in 20 games - with a staggering -49 goal differential. What could be done to stop the bleeding -- is there anything this team can do?

The short answer, unfortunately, might be "not right now". They're relying on rookies to carry a lot of the weight, and they don't have the firepower to stand up to top lines around the league. The key will be rookie defenseman Wen Baters, who's currently playing 20 minutes a game, and winger Jimmy Nutcluster, who's currently only at 167 TPE but still seeing almost 18 minutes a game. Those guys have -6 and -9 ratings, respectively (believe it or not -6 is tied for 2nd best on this squad). If they can gain the TPE steadily over the course of the season, they might be ready to turn some of those negative days into neutral or positive ones and steal games from teams down the stretch. If Granstrom, Mihailov, and Borisnoff continue to grow at the same pace as well to round out the Falcons' rookie class, we could have an upset alert. It's still early!

PBE PT

Its been a bit of a roller coaster ride through my four seasons with the Maine Timber. We have gone from bottom of the league terrible my first couple seasons to being two wins away from the 4 Star Cup this past season. Those first few seasons were full of glaringly obvious problems but through strong drafting and with almost an entire team of active players most of these holes have been plugged. Except for one that seems to follow this team through my first 3 seasons and although not as much of a problem this season, it is still there. That’s the ability to keep the puck out of the net.

This isn’t on goaltending though, Leo Bloomfield has been playing lights out and even won playoff MVP last season. The team’s strength is definitely its forward group and with three rookies on defense it seems obvious where an upgrade is needed if the team wants to make it far into the playoffs again. I think a trade is needed to bring in someone to shore up that defense. However, the team is so close in the LR that it would be hard to trade anyone out of it and with a lot of players moving up in the next couple seasons I don’t believe moving picks is in the best interest either. Taking a look at strategies might help, definitely reducing the number of penalties couldn’t hurt. After trying that though, pulling the trigger on a trade might be the only option. I am certainly glad that I am not in charge of these decisions though and I think the current management is doing an outstanding job.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Honestly depth is a major issue for the Toronto North Stars and there are two MASSIVE ways to fix this. These two can be broken up into a long term solution and a short term solution.

The short term solution is to try to cherry pick the best FAs every couple seasons. This would have solid short term boosts to whatever your team is missing, however its time consuming, hard on the budget, roster turnover would be high which could hurt the locker room, and lastly is high risk. Add to that the fact that Toronto is a young, up and coming team in a division with two cup contenders and a solid team.

The long term solution is simple, easy to implement, but painful. Its called time. Just having to wait for the prospects to develop on, what is now a very active roster is a really solid idea. Its painful because it takes so bloody long. The slow but sure increments of growth will do wonders as will the time on a roster that will be able to grow and develop together.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]