Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

The Maine Timbers main weakness is in it's captain. After years of incredible leadership from Al Kayhall and Valentin Kalashnikov, the honor of wearing the C fell on the Swedish-born Alexander Oscarsson. Alex previously wore an A on his chest in the last season, but the upgraded letter seems to weigh him down. only 13 points in 24 games, a -9 is not really what you expect from the player supposed to lead the team forward. Even though his defense has been improved on massively, the now 22 year old Swede has not yet proven himself this season. After scoring 37 points in his 50 games last season, Oscarsson is only on pace for 27 points this year, a big and significant drop off from last season.

If Maine are to go the distance this year, they will need their captain to lead the charge and improve to ensure victory.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

the texas renegades are in a great spot, with many young players on their roster who are constantly improving every week. but they are still a ways away from joining the circle of contenders this season, lacking significant firepower from their top offensive line. with texas featuring a huge amount of depth, particularly in their defense, the team should look to begin to consolidate their depth into top of the line superstar power on their team. andreas kvalheim has had a disappointing season, tallying only 16 points in texas' 24 games thus far this season. Kvalheim nevertheless is a key piece to the renegades' hopes this season, and he deserves to have another superstar on the team to help score enough goals. pairing kvalheim with a top talent, perhaps at the trade deadline this season from a team without playoff hopes, would be a boost to texas greatly and improve kvalheim's own production.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: housework.jpg]

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

PBE Afiiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

A current weak team in the SHL is the San Francisco Pride, who are currently dead last in the SHL standings with a meager 7 points earned through 25 games in the regular season. This was not too unexpected, but nevertheless, the team is struggling quite greatly. One thing that I would have changed that could have aided this current situation from being as bad as it is happened in the not too distant past. I would not have allowed an interim General Manager to make massive trades that would send out the team's best assets. An approved SHL HO GM that had a vetted application should be the sole person capable of such transactions, because once those assets are moved out, there's no way a better return can be given. The assets traded off San Francisco might have been traded regardless, but someone who was a bit more experienced or had concrete ideas approved by the HO would be in a better position to maximize future values for the assets traded off at that time. I don't think much was going to change in terms of the Pride struggling once Grapehead decided to step down, but I do believe that a greater amount of future assets could have been obtained had a trade lid been maintained until a permanent GM was selected.

Word count: 226

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

A current weak spot of the Altanta Inferno is consistency. One day we can compete like contenders, the other day we look to compete for the 1st overall team. My vision on all of this, as an expert on the matter, is that we are cursed. I already hear witches and pro-hexers say that we are not cursed, but these guys are really uninformed about jinxes. We had at least 2 known events where our team was jinxed. One time when Nathan Explosion said he was tired of winning, that's when the first loss sequence started, and then another time when someone said the jinx was lifted and we would win again.

So the best way to improve, would be to stop jinxing ourselves, and maybe start jinxing the other teams. One way to prevent to be jinxed would be to not write this piece of text. Everybody knows that when you talk about jinxes, they become stronger or whatever. However, you forgot that by also acknowledging that I'm talking about a dejinxing a jinx and jinxing us, i'm also triggering the opposite effect. So thank you Nathan Explosion.

Back to jinxing other teams, I think the best way would be to get them to think they are better than us, and getting them to say :No way we lose to the inferno, or Haha, we have 30 more shots than them, no way we lose. These 2 phrases have been known for their jinxing potency and would crush all chances for teams who say them to win even another game agaisnt us, unless we end up jinxing ourselves.

To all witch hunter out there, I swear this was satire and not heresy. To the others, it's solid jinxing strategy you should try it.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

This offseason will be a conflicting one for me, personally. I feel like my player could productively fill a need on both teams.

More defensive depth would tremendously help in Tampa Bay. Unlike the last few years, our goal production has been better. What has been similar to the last few seasons though, is that when we do lose, it is often by a lot of goals. The good news is that with our crop of defensive prospects, all we have to do is be patient. Next season could be significantly better with prospects like Jericson, Dubolik, Victory, and myself possibly coming up to round out the defense.

If I end up having to make the decision to make the jump to the SHL or stay down next season, it will be tough. I feel that depending on who stays down and how good of a draft we have this offseason, the Scarecrows could be a legitimate threat next season.

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Quote:Graphic option: Your player is fixing something - not conceptually, as above, but literally fixing something around the house or in the arena - show us the home improvement scene of your player fixing it!

[Image: G4Z8zT7.jpg]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

[Image: positive-plumber-work-236854-8665.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

A weak spot currently for the Tampa Bay Barracuda would be the location, because it isn't located in hot and sunny Phoenix Arizona. To combat that, I would propose that the Texas Renegades move to the Eastern conference while the Barracuda/Cacti take their rightful place in the western conference in the hot desert of Phoenix. On the real though, I think a weak spot for the Barracuda currently lies on their back end, adn the management is doing a good job solving that by bringing in active prospects and being active in free agency to fill some of those holes and make Tampa Bay a better team. Very nice stuff by the GMs of the Barracuda. Their drafting has been elite and they are drafting to fill holes that are currently plugged by IA players, so about 3 seasons down the line, every roster spot *should* be taken by an active player.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

The Maine Timber aren’t the powerhouse they were last season. The graduation of several of their best have left them with a few holes to fill. The most notable one of these is the loss of several of their top end defencemen. The graduation of their Captain, Valentin Kalashnikov to the SHL and the retirement of Will Windsor due to injuries left two huge holes in their once top end defensive corps. They went from a team with five top pairing quality defenscemen down to three and while Rikard Bjerg, Adrik Baranov and Nathan Thomas are all still at the top of their game, it’s difficult to compensate for such a loss. Over the course of the season so far, this has clearly been the major weak spot of the Maine Timber.

There are a couple of ways that this couple be compensated for. The first and quickest would be trade. They could trade a few of their newest players for a veteran on defence and really solidify their top four. This would definitely have a solid impact on their play this season but would be at the detriment of their future runs at the Cup. The other way is to simply put in the hard work. Encourage their newest defensive prospects, Franz Zipfel, Sean Gatez and Lucas Kaiser to put in the effect to improve quickly and hope that their three veterans can cover for them as they go through the growing pains that all new players do. I believe that they should opt for the latter, gutting the team for a better chance now at the expense of the future might seem right in the moment, but in a season or two would simply lead to more hardship for the for the forest.

295 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

As we all know, the plight of hockey teams in Atlanta is a well documented and known phenomenon. In real life, we've had two separate NHL teams vacate Atlanta due to the failures of the franchise and their subsequent inability to run a competent team and draw in fans. While I have faith in the capabilities of the GMs of our newly established Atlanta franchise, I can't help but worry that the curse of hockey in Atlanta will soon catch up to them one way or another. If I were them, I would relocate the team as soon as possible just to avoid this ordeal altogether and hopefully gain the favor of the hockey gods in doing so, as it seems that hockey in Atlanta is simply doomed to fail. My advice to the GMs of Atlanta, get out while you still can and perhaps you can save the team some heartbreak.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Where should we start? San Francisco is in the middle of one of arguably the roughest rebuilds in recent SHL history. The prospect pool was almost dry when the rebuild began and the returns that were to be had from the roster players were at a low point due to other teams selling off earlier. To cap it all off, we don't have our first round pick this season when we will likely have our worst season. The Pride do have a lot of picks however and have loaded up on prospects from the recent drafts. In a number of seasons when the S55 and S56 class come up to play I think the team will have a positive turnaround but before then I doubt SFP will have much luck. The plan going forward is to keep on scouting well, making impactful picks and trying to attract a couple of users to add a 'veteran core'.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

When you look at the Texas Renegades you see a team that is a up and coming contender for the next years. On Paper they have all you need, great young players that are developing on a very good pace and some very much needed vets that have still some gas in the tank left before they have to take a step back. The future shines bright in Texas, if there wasn’t a tiny dark cloud in the sky. Texas has big problems against Teams that are behind them in the standings and talent. The easy wins aren’t very easy for them this year. It showed that Texas offense isn’t very fruitfully against this teams. They outshoot them on a regular basis, but they aren’t able to find the net. If Texas wants to be more than a playoff visitor, they have to get a goal scorer into their lineup or otherwise the post season will be a short one again. With the trading deadline coming closer a move for a top forward could be the right push for the team.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

PBE PT

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada