Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

the seattle argonauts started the season with a tough schedule and tougher beats. although their lineup is decent on paper, the on ice product is around 10 wins under .500. some statement wins against top teams like the hamilton steelhawks help, the argonauts need some help.

all that said, i think the argonauts GMs are already doing exactly what they need to fix the team's direction. focusing on youth, drafting quality over quantity, and giving their young players time to grown in the juniors are all keys to long-term success for seattle. this is unfortunately not a team that is one or two moves away from success, but up and coming stars like kriss darzins and thomas vanice along with exceptional junior players like vaseline podcalzone and dee centerman iv are the start of a bright future for the argonauts. the only question will be making the right moves to maintain and encourage that young talent as they grow with the team and the league.

[Image: parmdump11.jpg]
Esa Parmborg fixes the toilet in the Dragons locker room after an Otis B Driftwood dump.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

I think Chicago has overall had a very good season and there isn't too much to complain about right now. If I really had to nitpick I'd say we've been shut out too many times for our level of skill, starting the season getting shut-out back to back kind of out of nowhere hurt our start to the season and probably put us further back from first than we should be right now. The other complaint I'd have is I think our roster is capable of scoring more goals in general since we lead the league in shots per game and have had trouble converting as much as we should even though we're getting a lot of shots through. Other than that, I'd like to see a bit more production out of Kit Smeb since he's a Smeb and being last on the team in points by forwards brings shame to his entire family.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

PT Pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

A weak spot on a current SHL team? Let's take a look at the easiest team to spot the kinks in the armour, the weakest links in the chain, the glass doors into the house. That's right, let's take a look at the Tampa Bay Barracuda. First off, branding for sure needs to be fixed. I think the city can work, but a knock-off San Jose Barracuda team isn't interesting at all. Next, the manager. Who let this guy even be a GM, like going 0-50 was totally all his fault. Fire him, get someone who can fix this floundering team. Get it? Because they're fish. Anyways, the final issue with the team is the roster. The entire roster is awful. You have prospects, but other than two people the roster is trash. You could find better players on a beginner league on a Sunday night. Just bring in two good players and the team is eight times better.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

New England Wolfpack
It's come to my attention that the current squad being iced is lacking some funk.
As great as the team is, and as much as I respect everyone who laces up for this organization, a lack of funk can be crippling to a team's success.
With their drafting of Grandmaster Funk 5th overall in the last SHL draft, the New England organizatoin has considerably increased the amount
of funk in their prospect pipeline. As a player who is currently setting SMJHL records for Individual Funk/60 as well as most funk-related metrics,
Grandmaster Funk looks to bring some of those beautiful advanced stats up to the SHL in due time.

As far as projections go, Funk is expected to bring a +76% increase to high danger funk rates as he makes his eventual transition to the big leagues.
For now, however, Grandmaster will continue to pave the way for smaller, funk-oriented defensemen in the SMJHL.

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

This may end up being a popular choice for this PT but it does have some current relevance as I think the wheels are in motion for this currently. If I had to fix one SHL's teams weak point, I would focus on the weak point of the Winnipeg Jets. When the SHL began, the Winnipeg Jets were not an NHL team and thus, there was no real world issues concerning this team. Within a year though, this became an issue but Winnipeg already had historical significance. I think now is the time to finally change the logo. I think that at this point, you need to keep the team in Winnipeg no question. You can absolutely play around with the branding. Being that everyone makes fun of Winnipeg for being cold, a name like the Storm could have been perfect. That would move into Edmonton's territory though. A fun story about Winnipeg: this was the city that was home to Winnipeg the Bear, who eventually became Winnie the Pooh. As such, I would like to introduce the Winnipeg Polar Bears to the SHL. This is how I would fix the Jets.

Code:
192 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

PBE PT Affiliate

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

The weak spot of the Winnipeg Jets is the stadium they play in.  Slip has found rats in his skate bag more times than he's comfortable with, and he has a rather high tolerance for rats.  He has brought it up with the facility management plenty of times, but no one seems to care.  They focus all of their time on the away locker room, as to not get reported to the league, and on the fan accessible areas, as to not get crucified on social media.

Slip tried to take matters into his own hands, but he is useless with power tools.  In his corner of the locker room, there are two by fours nailed into the walls at seemingly random locations.  There's a drip right above his stall that is rotting away the boards enough for the rats to chew through.  He's almost convinced that it's a plot against him but deep down he knows that he's just not meant to wield a hammer (and he has enough bruised fingers to prove it). They pay him enough to hire a real handyman, so that may just be the way out of this rat hole.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

With a dominant season currently underway, one would think that the Hamilton Steelhawks have no weak spots but there definitely is one if you take a closer look. The weak spot that I'll explain how to fix in this PT is the shamelessness of the Hamilton Steelhawks organization. A team shameless enough to have zero regard whatsoever for the health of the league and seeing absolutely no problem in harming the league over and over again in order to stay successful takes some serious work to fix. The proposal is simple, the team needs to be completely changed from the ground up. You start by replacing both GM's with outsiders with no past ties to the organization. Then the new GM needs to completely refresh the team. First of all get them out of Hamilton. Three SHL teams within give or take an hour of each other in Toronto, Hamilton, and Buffalo is way too much anyways. Move them to a big hungry market like Montreal and completely rebrand them, leave no traces of their old name or colours. Then go through a Tampa Bay-esque rebuild, gut the entire roster, move absolutely everyone including the prospects for draft picks and rebuild through the draft. It's a long and painful process but it's the only way to completely remove the culture of shamelessness from the organization.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Definitely an interesting questions for the Newfoundland Berserkers. We have alot of playmakers on the team and we are continuing to push the envelope. However, we did lose a lot of key facets to our lineup from last season. If there is something we need to continue to work on, it is continuing to just evolve. Rookies have played an important role in the sense that the race is really on to continue to scrape together the TPE in order for development. The key facet really will be just simply being ready for when we get to playoff hockey. We have shown to this point that we can hang with just about every team, but we really are still finding a new identity for this season. Streaky at times, some games we will focus on suppressive defense and then some games we will light the lamp with little effort. If there is a positive side, it would be that we have the ability to do both... and as soon as we can hone it in and find some middle ground, I think we will be ready for the playoffs.

[Image: Wally.png]

PBE PT

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Since I dont want to take shots at any other teams, and honestly dont know much about other teams, i will be focusing on what my team, the Baltimore Platoon, need moving forward.

I think its clear that the Platoon need scoring first and foremost. The defense has gotten better with me (though I havent been the best, I am trying ok? ;-; ) and is young so should only be getting better. This season they are averaging I believe only 1.88 goals per game, which just isnt enough. They do have some solid prospects like Lukas Johansson who should be a stud, but they still need a lot more guys.

If I was the GM, I would focus on prying young, quality players away from other teams, either through trades or free agency like how they netted me. I think that young is clearly the way to go for this team, and matching young promising forwards with their young goalies and young defensemen, it would really solidify a future platoon dynasty.

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

To focus on only the teams I have any affiliation with, I'll be fixing the Manhattan Rage and the Newfoundland Berserkers for this exercise. For the Rage, looking at our roster and stats, it's clear that the biggest weakness on the team is luck. Only 2 players on the team (the 2nd defensive pairing) find themselves over 100 PDO, while the remaining 13 skaters are all on the lower side of 100, despite the entire team having a corsi for of over 50% and driving the possession game. This includes 7 of the bottom 50 unluckiest players in the league belonging to the team. To an amateur, this doesn't seem like a fixable problem, but that's why I'm being brought in. For starters, all player's fingers will be taped to be crossed under their gloves during the games, as well as personal 2x4s on the bench for each player to knock on wood during rests. If that doesn't work, it's time to start taking it more seriously, with each player wearing a rabbit's foot and potentially even dabbling in experimental potions prior to games.

Luckily, the Berserker's fix is much easier. As a veteran of the team and current coach/advisor, I've noticed that the amount of shots from the current team is at an all time low, both on and off the ice. To fix it, we will just drill home the selfish Juke mentality of shots on net over team play, as well as stress the importance of inebriation in our S55 cup run, and how it is crucial to maintain that level of degeneracy if there's to be any chance of a title defense in S56.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

ISFL affiliation

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]