Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

ISFL Affiliate

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

I think the best place to start would be with my current team. Obviously, the San Francisco Pride are in a big spot of trouble right now after a few direction changes as GMs transitioned several times over the last few years. This has led to a bit of a fragmented approach, as each one saw different futures for the teams. First step is definitely having a GM last several seasons so that their plan can be actualized.

In terms of the team, the roster itself is fairly young with a few older vets such as Brogen. It certainly helps to have some leadership around, though it may be time to try and ship some of the older players off who are not fitting the rebuild timeline. Players like Brogen would be particularily tough to move due to the worries surrounding the contract running long. This is made additionally tough by there being several teams working through a rebuild right now, so it may mean taking less in the current market.

Any picks or prospects that are stockpiled would be able to add to the already deep pool of young talent to help them develop into future contenders. It seems that the management at this time has a very good roadmap for where they wish to go, and I hope that it works out for them.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

I believe that the New England Wolf Pack has a few areas that could be deemed as a weak spot. If I had to choose one part, I'd have to say our winger situation. We currently have a severe lack of high TPE wingers without a whole lot of hope going into the new couple of seasons. I definitely believe that this is something that we'll need to address as soon as possible in the upcoming drafts. In terms of goal tending, I believe that we're solid as we have Lars Eller on the team who's a max earner and should quickly rise up to become one of the highest TPE goalies in the league. I think if we address the winger situation we'll be in a much better spot later on down the line to compete with the other teams in the league and try for a championship.

PBE PT 21-1

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

PBE AFFILIATE

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

I think there are a multitude of issues currently in place in both simulation hockey league and dissimulation major of junior hockey league. one such issue is the cluster fuck that is the starting goalie situation. Nobody creates a goalie to be a back up goalie to play the six games of the season required and the goalies when they do create don’t realize exactly how much of a logjam there is at the position. Upon learning more about the league goalies kind of get stuck in the shitty situation of other having to wait to be a back up or excepting that they may have to leave your team to get a starting goalie spot. the simulation hockey league should implement a position tracker so new creates understand the positions of need throughout the simulation hockey league which would help alleviate any future goalie logjam issues. Additionally current goalies kind of have it tough so they should be allowed to position change once in their career

The Newfoundland Berserkers need to fix their powerplay. This is my big take on how to fix something within a team, the problem is that I have the power and ability to do it, but it is not happening. The interesting thing I've noticed is with the team, if they are under 15% on the powerplay for the season, then they tend to do worse. If they are above that, they have more points, yet no other team fluctuates as much as Newfoundland does when it comes to powerplay ability. The real fascinating part of the whole thing is that Newfoundland will consistently lie in the top of the league for both scoring and shooting, regardless of their power play. So this means that they are able to score a lot 5v5, but when it matters in close games, their special teams lets them down. Now when you look at the top teams for powerplay percentage, you will consistently find Colorado and Anchorage, they tend to get 18-20% no matter what. Their powerplays are super good, but the real shock comes from Newfoundland, which in my tests range from 11%-22% and it feels a bit random on where they fall. It will be interesting to see where the rest of the season lays out and how the Newfoundland Berserkers finish.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

For this PT, I am going to fix my own team because they are not as good as they should be. First of all, we need a general manager that knows FHM so well that they know all of the secret tactics to win pretty much every game. Also, we should trade the bad defensemen, like Simon LeBlanc and Geoff Moore, because they can't do either offense and defense, so we should find upgrades for them. We also need to start playing our prospects like Carlos Brown and Patric Twist, because the old guys are starting to have trouble even skating, and these young guns have proved that they can score. We also might need to rebrand to team to something liked with otters. Fire-branded teams are overrated, and otters are so cute. We also already have many players with otters profile pics, so we might as well rebrand the team to the otters or something.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Personally as a Jets team member I feel we are one elite player from being truly competitive. The team is in a great spot right now with a few elite prospects and a few elite players in their early regression. Whether it be an elite defenseman or forward I think the Jets need one more 1500+ TPE player to grab some extra wins. If I had to choose it would be an elite scoring player. With Goku and Big Nick Brain leading the way Shepard’s production has dipped this season. Another elite scoring forward would really balance the lines out more. Goku has loads of speed. Brain has that elite scoring and net presence. Shepard is more of a two way playmaker. If we had one more pure sniper player I think we could be a playoff team. A defensive defenseman would also help the team tremendously as we have Adam Barron and Slip McScruff but need a guy who can shut down the other team. One of the sniper or defender would make this Jets team a playoff contender.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

PBE PT (AW13)

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

A really interesting situation I came across would be that of the Manhattan Rage.

Yes, they are a very good team right now, as their standings in the SHL make perfectly clear. The keyword being right now. The big question that will need to be addressed in the near future will be of their prospect pool. To put it simply, it is a barren wasteland, save for [NAME REDACTED]. While it is to be expected due to trading picks to be heavily competitive in the East, the fact of the matter is that a good 2/3rds of their roster is already in regression. The team is still incredibly competitive for now, but without a solid prospect pool to eventually replace the more heavily regressed players, it's gonna be tough to survive and compete when teams like New England, Tampa Bay, and Atlanta will be climbing up the ranks sooner than later.

The solution for this is fairly simple: draft. If the pick tracker is fully updated, it tells us that they have all of their picks for at least the next 3 drafts. With that said, it will be imperative that the Rage really hit their picks in these drafts: they will be the future of the team. Fortunately for the Rage, they do have a significant amount of time before players like Thomason and Wagstrom regress significantly

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

taking a look at a team like Tampa Bay, honestly I think the biggest thing they need going forward is a goalie. They dont have a solid goalie prospect in the pipeline until this offseason when they drafted one, but before that they just dont have a solid foundation. And where their team is heading then they should have had a goalie prospect make it either this season or next season, but they dont and I think that will make them weaker in trying to climb their way out of the bottom. For now they will have to get creative on how they get a goalie. They have Venables in net right now, but he is inactive. Toronto has an extra goalie prospect lying around so he could be an option, but for Tampa, they should have hit sooner on a prospect. I think that will be the main thing holding them back

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Written option: 150+ words, describe a weak spot of a current SHL or SMJHL team and how you would address it. It can be part of the roster, managerial decisions, the branding, the location, etc. - just don't take personal shots at anyone. What would be your strategy to deal with this weakness and improve the roster/franchise?

This is a problem with many teams so I'll just address it for most teams here: Why the fuck did all teams say "Oh we need a third jersey.. hmm how about just a black alt then?" Seriously the lack of creativity to just make a black alt is killing me. Most recently guilty of this is Atlanta, which doesn't even include red or orange its just black and white. Ok... Looking at other teams, like Calgary and New England, the black is the main jersey, that's just dumb too. I get it, black jerseys are sexy, but when everyone and their mother has a black jersey it just gets to be too much. And that leads us to THE biggest issue in the SHL right now, NOLAs home jerseys. What the fuck. With the purple shoulders and black chest and ugly white stripes, what the fucking fuck. I already submitted my way to fix them and @Nictox never did anything so from here on forward I will never win another cup with NOLA ever again. I'm just gonna keep throwing game 7 cup overtimes over and over and over because fuck your jerseys.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I think we actually have a pretty well-rounded group of teams here but I have two logos that I am not fond of, one in the SMJHL and one in the SHL. Starting in juniors, the St. Louis Scarecrows logo is one of the hardest ones to make appealing graphics with. I'm not crazy about the colors, but I could live with those. The little jagged lines of the scarecrow's hair bother me. Don't ask me why, I don't have a logical reason. That being said, it's still better than the long skinny logo that was used previously, because that thing was dang near impossible to make work on a jersey swap. Now, onto my SHL complain. The culprit is one of our new expansion teams, Boaty McBoatface. I don't mind that he's a boat, I just mind that he has a face. Every time I scroll down the forum and see that lifeless little eye peering at me in between the other teams, I grimace. If it were up to me I would either commit fully to the face and give him some evil teeth and perhaps some eyebrows, or just not have a face on my boat.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

There really isn't that much to be fixed on the roster of the SMJHL's Vancouver Whalers. The only glaring issue is that there is a lack of depth past the current dressed roster. Sure, the Whalers are stacked in terms of forwards and defensemen, but once those guys get called up to the big leagues there's nobody there to replace them. Let's take a player like Ryosuke Sato, the current captain and star defenseman on the team. If he were to get called up midseason to the Toronto North Stars, then the Whalers are out an active, capped defenseman and have nobody to replace him with. General managers boom and dmills would have to scramble to find another semi-decent defenseman in the free agents list, and even then, Sato is one of just three 425 TPE capped defenders on the team. Of course, this is likely going to be fixed before the upcoming season where a few of our current S56 defensemen hit the 425 cap, and then a bunch of players are drafted in the upcoming S57 draft. Also, dmills short, please remove.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]