Create Account

Ramblings of a Prospect 2x rookie first media?
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2020, 07:42 PM by Asked Madden.)

An introduction to Friedensreich Hundertwasser and user Asked Madden. 

I want to introduce you to S58 SHL hopeful Friedensreich Hundertwasser and user Asked Madden. This will be a fairly short media piece to allow you to find out a bit about the background of Friedensreich Hundertwasser and a bit around the pedegree (or lack thereof) of myself in the world of Sim leagues. For any of you SMJHL scouts/GMs hopefully this will be a decent one stop shop for all your scouting needs, however if you want to ask any further questions/chat, I'm always around on discord. This media piece kinda turned into incessant ramblings over the space of around 2 weeks when I got the chance. Enjoy (or not) it's up to you. 

So, first of all I'll dive into my meager sim league history. This should take little to no time at all as I am in one other league - The ISFL. I joined on the back of a conversation with Lanced Jack, it sounded completely stupid:

"aye so, you kinda just watch dots move on YouTube. To make your dot better you increase their stats by writing essays on this forum that looks straight out of the early 2000s (fortunately that's been updated and looks a lot more pleasant now). You also can earn money via jobs/writing media".

This didn't sound like the most tantalising experience - who would want a job or would spend time writing lengthy articles just to earn some cash... It turns out... Me!

I joined alongside Lanced and two others in the large reddit class of S25 and told every scout I planned on being a casual player who would try and hit AC & PTs but wouldn't be a high money earner. That was the case until my competitive nature hit. I am now the 4th highest earning player in S25 (after joining a good few weeks after the 3 above me) and have been drafted in the first round of both the Development league (go Birddogs) & the Main league (go Sabercats) at 6 and 4 overall respectively. I now have a league job grading media and write a decent amount of media to pay for my addiction to their Dotts cards.

Why am I telling you this? I once again plan to be a fairly active player in the SHL and have the background to prove I can do it. The only issue with this is, I have 0 clue about anything hockey. I've watched fight compilations, I've seen the Goon and that's about it. Hockey is just very hard to come by in Scotland if you don't pay for expensive sports channels. It's a sport I'd love to get into but doesn't seem as readily available here as NFL although I could just be looking in the wrong places.

So to conclude my piece about me - if you want to pick up an enthusiastic yet clueless sim leaguer I'm your man. I'm not fussed what round I go in, I've done the first round thing before which is cool but I would be happy as Mr Irrelevant, either way it's all about proving yourself in the game. I'll be reasonably active in discord though with time zones it may be slightly out of wack from others.

Now for an introduction to my player Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Apologies for the name first and foremost - I asked my fellow create r0tzbua to give me the most Austrian name possible and that is what he gave me. It turns out Friedensreich Hundertwasser is a real life artist and has a fan club on twitter so shit could get awkward quickly.

Hundertwasser was born and raised in Klagenfurt Austria and has been an avid Hockey fan since the age of 5 when his father took him to  watch his very first EBHL game between local side (and reigning champions) EC KAC and the Vienna Capitals where the home side triumphed 4-3 in a high scoring high temper game. Its fair to say Hundertwasser was hooked the moment a Vienna skater was smashed into the plexiglass right in front of him and proceeded to skate off leaving a couple of teeth behind. Where the majority of his friends played football recreationaly he would instead carry his stick around everywhere, pretending stones/cans/bottles anything were pucks. Slapshotting them far and wide.

By age 7 Hundertwasser started t on get noticed by scouts for the Klagenfurter AC. By age 14 Hundertwasser was getting regular game time for the KAC U18s team slotting in at RW. His eye for space and keen passing outshone players much older than him, however his smaller size and stature allowed older children to bully him off the puck easily.

After filling out and filling up by age 18 Hundertwasser was becoming a stalwart in the Austrian under 21 team helping them gain a lot of shocking victories over some very highly rated teams.
It was during an away game in Latvia the accident happened. The Austrian bus was rear ended by a huge freight truck causing Hundertwasser to smash his face off the seat in front getting serious whiplash and a severe facial deformation.

After years of surgery Hundertwasser has managed to overcome the micro fractures in his spine, however his face now resembles that of an 80 year old man. It has taken him another couple of years to get back to the ice, he has now travelled to America and is looking to take the SHL by storm.

After meeting up with fellow hopefuls Zayne Rotzbua, David S Pumpkins, Nikolaj Boyle and Finn Von Murphenstein in a trip to Dallas the 5 got scouted by SMJHL's struggling St. Louis Scarecrows.
Impressing the scouts all 5 were picked up by the scarecrows but due to a work visa problem Von Murphenstein had to just watch from the stands.

The 4 recruits were able to take part in a couple of regular season games before playing a small part in the scarecrows nail-biting 7 game playoff series against the series favourites Maine. Still being fresh to the league the quartet only got a few minutes on the ice.

The most exciting part happened in game 7. Hundertwasser flicks a pass across the face of the net, Nikolaj Boyle was on the end to finish it. Wooo celebrations for everyone. Maine win 4-2 in the final game.

AM is dope. His future SMJHL team will be so glad to have him.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

11-04-2020, 12:14 AMArkz Wrote: AM is dope. His future SMJHL team will be so glad to have him.
Seconded. Welcome to the hockey world, Madden!

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Thanks guys!

Ilike

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia