Create Account

10 TEAMS I WANTED TO PLAY FOR

In S56 Play-Offs, I made a list with TOP 10 teams I would be happy to play in S57 and just in general. I knew I wouldn't post it until I have a contract to don't change opinions, don't make drama. Now I have a contract and I am happy to post list of teams which I wanted to sign with and some reasons of my choices too. Plus, bank balance on SHL is getting tight and need to fix that aswell and this was my idea for new media. (It mas maded more than a month ago and I found this media in my documents, so I will post it now) :D

Don't get me wrong - I would be happy to play for any team, but I just listed teams of how much I like them individually and why. I am not in contact with a lot of users, bet there always are reasons why you would rather play for other teams. And this time I speculated a bit where I could land. Did I landed on any of these teams? Now you know!

1. Buffalo Stampede - Stampede
Stampede is a team who gave me a shot. They drafted me when nobody else did that. Of course, it was with a low and very late pick, but it gave me a bit motivation and hope that my player will play in SHL one day. Stampede are champions aswell and they drafted my brother Anrijs Asts too. So it's pretty clear choice for me.

2. Winnipeg Jets - Jets
Jets messaged me in off-season about signing and there were rumors that I would sign with them or I would be traded there. Jets are team with not so deep defense, so I would have some decent ice time and some chances to grow faster than on other teams.

3. San Francisco Pride - pride
I am not a big fan of team's branding, but this team is amazing spot to land, because of three reasons. First - there plays Sven Svenson and I really like him as a person and user. We have good contact and would be cool to play with him. Second - defense isn't that depth again. Third - team are underdogs and would be cool to see them grow with me. I would be second best defender at this moment and easily best (TPE wise) in one or two seasons.

4. Edmonton Blizzard - Blizzard
My first player spent seven full seasons on Blizzards. It was time when Blizzard weren't that good. We made Play-Offs only two times, but that was a time when I enjoyed SHL the most. Blizzard's locker room were really cool and we did good. This was best time for my player statistics wise too. A bit nostalgic choice, but still.

5. Calgary Dragons - Dragons
Once again - nostalgic choice. My first player got drafted there, I spent some time with them and after multiple trades, even played one full season there. However - I still like this team and Dragons are always nice team to be on.

6. Tampa Bay Barracuda - Barracuda
Before Stampede drafted me, I was talking with Barracuda GM and there was a chance that they would draft me. Unfortunately, Barracuda GM got punished and lost his place. When new GM came in his spot, he didn't want to draft me and that's understandable. But I still like this team - it's new and I would have bigger chances to play more and grow faster.

7. Minnesota Monarchs - Monarchs
Maybe unexpected choice, but there is a reason. This team has already nice defense, but I think I still would be TOP 3 defender on this team in season or two. Second - Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind plays there. He is Latvian as me. We don't play on same WJC roster, but we still are in good contact and talk sometimes. It would be cool to play with player who you know.

8. Toronto North Stars - Stars
North Stars are still underdogs. They don't play really good, but not really bad either. Middle team. I would be literally in the middle between defenders aswell, but it's still cool. I just like this team personally a bit with no spectacular reason.

9. Manhattan Rage - Rage
My first SHL finals, which we unfortunately lost, were with Rage more than 20 seasons ago. My first player played first three SHL seasons there. No glow up, nothing impressive, but great memories and good time in this team spent back then. Pretty stacked defense and I wouldn't have big playing time there, but I like this team.

10. Chicago Syndicate - syndicate
Syndicate brings me back Portland Admirals vibes. I would literally be the worst defender on this team, but still. I would have time to grow, I guess, right? Plus, this was one of teams I wanted to be drafted on when it was draft time. Good old memories with Admirals on this team aswell though. Last team who I really know a bit.

There are in total 18 SHL teams and this was my TOP 10 at that moment. Did I get on any of these teams? You tell me, haha. Happy to be on SHL and happy to have a contract. Glad to see it all worked out well and I'm on a franchise I really love. Wouldn't mind to spend here whole career.

880 words

Stars Stars Stars

Stampede

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Congrats on the progress in your career, keep it up!

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Glad to see things going well

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

We would have loved to have you on Winnipeg! Happy to see things are going well!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]