Create Account

S57 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 02:30 PM by enigmatic.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

I have had 3 players in the SHL and Jasper is by far my most successful so far. He has done well beyond what I expected this season. I did think I would do decently because I reached the 425 tpe cap but I didn't expect things to go this well.
I mean, Québec as a team did incredibly well so I definitely benefited from that but we still had to build the players and mine helped for sure. I really have to credit Faelax for my success because I told him the kind of player I wanted to have and he helped me build him to perfection. Jasper has been racking up points and isn't incompetent on defense. I think it will be really hard to surpass next season and it's difficult to predict how my team will perform. A lot of my teammates are going up to the SHL so whether or not I'll have the same chemistry with another partner is not a guarantee. Winning the 4 Star Cup is my objective now so I hope our team will come back even stronger next season.

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

I had a look at the roles we currently have for skaters and I honestly can't think of any other that would actually be useful. Dude who just stays in front of the goalie all night? Screener. Guy who gets the loose pucks in front of the net? Garbage Collector. I'm kinda wondering why this is a CW question at this point. I'll create the most useless skater role ever made because there's literally no room for anything else in the list: Pressbox King. This player sucks so bad that even if this is a sim league, he never gets dressed. But boooy does he have high attributes we can't even edit: professionalism and temperament so he doesn't lose his shit, and through the roof Team Player. This guy is basically a LR lurker and he doesn't even glance at the sim.

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

The Québec City Citadelles take mental health seriously and have been a part of numerous activities to raise awareness and funds to various causes.

One such causes that is extremely close to their heart is helping Battleborn fans through their mental illness and bring them on the path to recovery. By teaching them self-love and acceptance, many Nevada fans discovered that cheering for that team was not the answer and understood the errors of their ways.

"I cheered for them because their logo looked cool but... at what cost??", said Henry*, a recently recovered former Battleborn fan that we met at a fundraiser organized just outside of Las Vegas, Nevada.

The Citadelles' goal is not to convert those former Battleborn fans to QCC but to just help them find a team that would best suit their needs.

"Most recovering Battleborn fans want to become Citadelles fans immediately but we tell them our fanbase is huge enough as it is so if they need more time to think about it, we can afford to wait for them", Dr. Donald Lacroix told us while chatting with such a convert.

Such initiatives have helped thousands of Battleborn fans recover from what we used to think was an incurable disease.

*Fictive name

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

League Commish BadWolf (on the SMJHL team) should have admitted to rigging on day one. He was out to STOP THE CHAMPIONSHIP RUN OF THE QUÉBEC CITY CITADELLES. He probably rigged for the Armada. Those are illegal, improper goals, trying to influence the Finals. He should never, ever been allowed to remain in the HO while being an alumni of the Anchorage Armada. RIGGED. This is a real issue. It won't go into a SMJHL Report because the SMJHL is going to protect these guys. The SMJHL has an interest in creating the illusion of objectivity around this finale. His dirty work is a disgrace to the SMJHL!

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

That's really easy to answer because I adore the Syndicate's branding and am not the biggest fan of the Steelhawks'. I respect the Steelhawks brand because of it's longevity in the league but I find it a little boring (I kinda hate animal brandings) while Chicago ticks a lot of boxes. I think their logo and colours pop and their identity is fun and original.

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

The Procrastinator Special is definitely the question I will forever and ever answer.

Chicago was just a freaking powerhouse during the playoffs. They have tons of players that would deserve the Playoff MVP title. It's difficult to not pick Nick Connolly though. He had the most points, beating his teammates Daniel Smeb and Gunnar Soderberg by one little point, the best +/- in the league (even if people love saying this stat is useless), third most hits, and was 7th among forwards for blocked shots. Based solely on points, this question is tough to answer but when you take everything else into account, the choice gets much easier to make.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Maximov

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Task 1, 3 TPE, 3 TPE Total: I’ll be honest from the get go, this season Xavier Doom did NOT meet my expectations. That’s mainly because they were so high though. I had just uncapped to my 425 build in the J and with a player that was very good defensively last season, I pumped it into my offensive stats. I’ll be honest, I wanted to lead the league in scoring. The first half of the season was awful though. I wasn’t scoring, STL was losing and I wasn’t having a great time. And then in the second half of the season, Doom took off. He had at least a point in just about every game in the last 30 games or so. He rocketed up the scoring chats and STL started to win a lot. We made some noise in the playoffs and that was a lot of fun too. Had Doom done this all season, I think he’d have met my expectations, but this time around he didn’t. There’s always next season though. (168)

Task 3, 3 TPE, 6 TPE Total: Xavier Doom may seem gruff on the outside, but he’s got a kind heart on the inside. He does dabble in some charitable work, and all of it is with the St. Louis Animal Shelter. He loves dogs, and has adopted two shelter mutts of his own. So in the offseason, he spends his time volunteering at the shelter. He takes the puppers for walks, plays with them, feeds them, and cleans out their cages. He also organizes a meet and greet with fans at the shelter so that more people will be attracted there. His adopt-a-thons definitely see a spike in adoptions, along with more donations to the shelter than usual. Doom hands out autographs and takes pictures with the kids as well. He’s looking forward to his call up with New Orleans, so he can do similar charitable work down there. He knows there’s still a lot of dogs that need help even from Hurricane Katrina, and it breaks his heart that they can’t find forever homes. At least not yet. (173)

Task 6, 3 TPE, 9 TPE Total: The biggest issue with switching to FHM has been just how badly the IIHF has suffered. Back in the STHS days, this random tournament was exciting because you never really knew just what Simon T was going to do. Since the switch, well, the rich have gotten richer. Team USA is a favorite, as they always are. Team Canada is back as well, and they’re always a powerhouse now. There are a couple strong teams like Great Britain as well. For the most part however, the obvious nations are winning the most. There’s an occasional feel good story for sure, but for the most part you see the same teams at the end. I expect Team USA to beat Canada for the gold. I know that’s not very exciting, but that’s the IIHF nowadays. Granted, it’s a lot like real life in that aspect. I don’t think a smaller nation like Team Ireland is winning 5 straight golds ever again, but hopefully we can get to a point where a smaller nation even winning ONE gold can happen more often. (181)

Task 12: 4 TPE, 13 Total:
a. Even though the series finished in favor of Chicago in 5 games, it was honestly a true tossup. These were the top two teams in the SHL, and they have incredible rosters and people coaching the teams. It was proven just how close things were when multiple games had to be decided in OT. (55)
b. I personally felt like Chicago had the special teams advantage in this series. Smeb – Westbroek – Selman were amazing in the regular season on the PP, As all 3 players were in the Top 13 of Power Play Points. Add in Corey Kennedy on the point and this team was just simply deadly with the man advantage. They made you pay for your penalties. (64)
c. Chicago has the better branding for sure. The black and yellow scheme is just awesome, and while the name “Syndicate” is a bit meh for sure, its still better than a Steelhawk. Hamilton’s color scheme is almost a little depressing too, I don’t like how dark it is. And Chicago is just straight up a better city than Hamilton for sure. (62)
d. I would much rather reach for things off of high shelves with Dale Miller. This would be a non stop laugh fest as the little guy tries his best to snag whatever object is more than 5 feet off the ground. How will he get them? Will he build a ladder out of the other objects in the room? Will he throw things at the high shelves to knock things off, like some kind of tiny person carnival game? The possibilities are endless. (82)

Task 15, 3 TPE, 16 Total: Verification Word: JoeK

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Honestly, most of the time Vanice didn't do so badly. I got a decent amount of points, both with goals and with assists, but there is always more to be done. I feel like I still was only barely in the top 100 in terms of points and that seems very disappointing to me. I wish I could be better but I feel like I just wasn't active enough throughout my career to have a better shot. I think that being on an expansion team certainly hasn't helped either, since the points scored of the team might not be very high either. So all in all, I have been kinda disappointed with Vanice. I also didn't update every week this season and kinda lost motivation. Not a great season all in all. But I do still have hope that maybe I can at least have a good prime still, I think I have two seasons left to get some more out of him before regression.

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

Should I recreate?
wonder if goalie is fun
Going to find out

Vanice is doing well
I wish he'd get more goals though
Maybe next season though

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. - verification: sloth

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 11:17 PM by Aephino.)

preface by saying sorry im drunk and writing this

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
Overall, I was very happy with Williams' production he had a very good season. I ended up with 48 points for a breakdown of 28 goals and 20 assists. The goals to assists ratio is something i'm especially proud of. that being said, I cannot say that I surpassed my individual player goals. I was really pushing for closer to a points per game ratio. There was a point in the season (early season) where I was almost at 1 point per game played. But, I went on a very dry spell and Texas probably sufferred. I want to be able to lead my team but I was unable to this season. That being said, I am really excited for the future of edward williams. Its looking like i will hit 1500 tpe by s59 and i'm so stoked for that. texas is thriving and i think regardless of my overall tpe, the teamwork and quality surrounding williams will be a huge boost in the following seasons.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
I normally look at previous seasons IIHF tournaments to see what teams will do well. Honestly, it's the same suspects every season sadly team-wise. I'm hoping Great Britain can medal again but with Canada and United States dominance that will be tricky. Another team to watch out for is Japan, who finished with more wins last year than Great Britain and Czech Republic, who is another team worth noting. The dark horse is probably Sweden or Switzerland, who may not have the overall quality--lots of players to choose from--like Canada or United States, but can produce great moments in games. The teams who should just aim for wins are Russia, Latvia, and Finland. Last year's round robin they had a combined total of 6 wins, which is quite dreadful considering the teams are filled with professional hockey players. The best players usually reflect the SHL, so we should be on the lookout for Scarn, Westbroek, Slothface, Luffy, Tokolosh, Smeb... the usual suspects.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?
a. On paper, Hamilton has to take the edge. Obviously their 110 points during the regular season is massive, but they have the motivation and past results to show for it. They have won numerous Cups recently and many of the personal has carried over into s57. They were the favorites going into the season and that does not change even if Chicago have 3 wins on them in the series.
b. I think Chicago might edge out Hamilton for special teams. IN terms of powerplay scoring during the regular season, Hamilton had Scarn and Clapper with 25 and 21 points respectively, but Chicago's top points scorers were 23 and 22 respectively, along with Selman with 20. Chicago can take advantage here if Hamilton are not careful. Hamilton have the overall edge, but Chicago are a team that can pounce unexectedly and take Hamilton by storm.
c. Has to be the syndacyte for me. I cannot spell syndacaite don't make me spell it correctly. Chicago has the much cooler mascot, every team and their mother has a bird for a mascot these days so it is wildly overrated. Even though my favorite color is blue, yellow is a far more unique color in terms of team branding. The logo itself might need a refresher, but Chicago has a strong pull with their overall look and feel. Chicago is an iffy city but it's still crazy populated.
d. staring contest 10000% fucking percent. holy shit i love doing staring contests with people. ever since i was younger i loved doing staring contests, it was easier when i had contacts, but i can unfocus my eyes really easily so it's almost like my eyes are like dead and i can zone out in a millisecond. like its really good and i can beat just about anyone. i challenge my girlfriend all the time but shes not very good so its way too easy. give me luke atmey and i will take him down in a heartbeat fuck yeah. 
Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
verification: bloop

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!
honestly fuck sex. my player edward williams will be making music for his fans. big ed loves to make edm in his spare time and will be giving private showings, as well as taking input, from his fans into making music. maybe if he's had a couple drinks in him he will take his shirt off for some premium subscriptions, but trust me williams is not there for the money. texas pays him well so he's there for his fans. his fans want his MUSIC. ed has a nice lil bass/baritone voice so he'll give a lovely performance if fans show enough support. it's all about the support, never about the money. only fans is all about the FANS its in the name. edward can play the piano and will woo his fans over. texas may have dan and kvalheim and other stars, but soon they'll realize that big ed is is the big prospect. he was 4oa in s53 or whatever they want him to perform they want him to SHINE. edward williams is all about fan satisfaction every time he scores goals hes doing it for YOU.

Aagian sorry for any mistakes i promise im drinking carefully

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Code:

Ruslan got more points than he ever has, but that is also because we played 16 more games this season. i'll be honest, i am gaining more TPE, my stats are starting to sort of look closer to what i want but i am still pissed off i tell you what! The thing that has got me that way does not feel like it is really fixable. That is troubling. That is that we didn't make the fucking playoffs again. This time as a really strong team too. What is causing this? Well Buffalo is really well managed, as is Hamilton. Both have been for a long time and are massive competitors. As for Chicago, they have executed an expansion build really well. That is the sad truth really, unless these teams get too old and cannot replace their talent, we probably wont get there. Since people either keep shipping high end picks to the or good players defect to go to these teams because why wouldn't you? Toronto wont do it.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

This is probably an obvious comparison, though many don't talk about it like i am about to i am sure. The SHL right now, feels like the late 90s NHL. You have three massive contenders in Hamilton, Buffalo, and Chicago regular season wise and of course for the playoffs too. These are the teams nobody wants to have to face. If they play each other first then everyone is super happy. Hamilton is like the late 90s Detroit Red Wings. Win cups often, always strong and of course are a measuring stick. Buffalo is like the late 90s Colorado Avalanche. Only one FHM era cup but if you ask many in the league they will be one of the first names to leave many people's mouth. They are also the arch nemesis of said Hamilton Steelhawks. For those who care, Chicago is like the 90s Dallas Stars, spent a while being a step behind before finally putting it all together.

Code:
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?

A: I mean both teams are from the thunderdome that is the Great Lakes Division. Both teams had exceptional regular seasons which showed them to be contenders and these playoffs have done nothing to change that. Chicago is the team with lots to prove as they have never won anything. Hamilton is the old boys club that seems to always get close or win often. Who knows what will happen?
B: Special teams always matter. Each team knows this and with each one boasting a lineup of stars, it will be hard to pick. It will come down to who's powerplay is firing, who is the more disciplined team, and finally, who has the stronger penalty kill.
C: Honestly it is no question. The Chicago Syndicate have a much more unique branding. Dont get me wrong, Hamilton is a Steel working town and the branding works wonders. But the colours are dark and bland with a Steely Blue that looks dull and wishes it was allowed to be as bright as the better colour in Toronto. The Steely Grey does nothing to help it. For Chitown? The yellow is bright enough to pop while being different from that of other teams, the black helps to accent this. Also Chicago is known for its mobsters and the branding is a hit.
D:Oh man, so many choices. With Ruslan having spent time playing for the Red Army squad he would no doubt have the steely resolve to put up a good fight in a staring contest with the deranged Atmey. Though now he does spend a huge amount of time cooking so one could see him easily reaching with Dale. He sucks at league so Parker would have to carry him. Finally, though it may be a rib on him as a North Star, i am sure having to receive a lap dance from the phattest ass in the SHL would still be a good natured rib that everyone could laugh at.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

I did it, i swear.

Code:
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

Honestly, with home cooking being a big part of the fun things Ruslan likes to do off the ice i could see it being related to that. However canonically i have already done something with him and i believe a youtube or twitch thing in another PT prompt. Perhaps he could get involved in sets where he cooks in more adult attire, such as a shirtless butler outfit...or maybe just an apron...JUST, an apron. Maybe instead he just rocks music from Ukraine and Russia? Maybe he can do colabs on onlyfans with others? Hell maybe he just hooks up with other hot athletes through onlyfans? There are so many possibilities. Honestly there are so many crazy options when it comes to that place and the possible popularity that could come from that site. After all who wouldn't want to see some of their favorite SHL players bringing it all to bare out there?

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

15. Trivia (3 PE)
Verification word: Donut

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 11:35 PM by Bongo.)

Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

- The skater role I’d like to create is the “bender”. The “bender” in hockey culture has shaky ankles, can barely skate straight. But, in FHM the Bender strength is: If you put the “bender” on the third line, he gets an overall offensive/defensive boost – regardless of TPE expenditure. So, if you put the Bender on the 2nd or 1st line, he will regress as the bender’s optimal position is the third line. This FHM position is valuable for low-to-mid earners as a way to be an effective threat even if you do not have the time to Max earn. The drawback to this FHM role is: You will have limited amount of TOI played.

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Clearly, the best team to not make the finals this year was the Buffalo Stampede – The Stempede lost in 7 games to the Challenge Cup winning Chicago syndicate. Chicago handily destroyed the Hamilton Steelhawks in 5 in the finals – not to mention the steelhawks had a relatively easy ride through the conference finals, beating 11th seed atlanta and 9th seed Winnipeg in the process. Perhaps one can argue that Hamilton was the stronger than Buffalo, but the facts are: Hamilton was never truly playoff tested and ready. They got complacent and got beat. They even gave up a game to the scrappy/pesky Winnipeg Jets squad who nobody thought would even get close to winning a game.

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

Thursday night hockey
Seven and the boys, hanging
Kraken themed tank top

Friedland is a bust
Agante trophy winner
Medium earner

Fitted is funny
Crazy guy with reddish hair
Future hall of fame

Bongo, how are you?
Hamilton to Baltimore
Goodbye forever

SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

I’m going to have to say that Nat Emerson is Oliver Ekman-Larsson, simply because he’s an underrated defenseman on a not-so-great (rebuilding rn) franchise.

I’m going to claim that Eko Van Otter is the Marian Hossa of the league. He was a rental in the year that Buffalo Stampede won the Challenge Cup, similar to hossa going to the finals with the Pens, Wings and eventually winning it with the Hawks. Also, they both have slick hands and are legends.

Gabe Johnson is definitely the Mark Giordano of the league. He plays a solid defensive game, and it seems like he’s been around FOREVER yet nobody gives him the credit he deserves.

Aumy Jr. Is the Evander Kane of the league because he is controversial and says crazy things but has definitely grown past that and is still a beast on the ice.

Elijah Jones is Blake wheeler – The dude puts up MAD numbers yet nobody gives him the respect that he deserves.

Jruuutu is Slava Voynov

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

NICK CONNOLLY is the favourite PLAYOFF FINALS MVP. The numbers speak for themselves: 9 Goals, 14 Assist. +14. Doing all of this with less time on ice than the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place points finalists. He registered 42 hits (3rd in the entire playoffs). One can argue that his defensive stats were not up to par,but his 11 takeaways indicate that he absolutely had the potential to turn games around when his team needed it the most. Chicago absolutely had their way with the untested Hamilton Steelhawks squad, and I’m not sure if they do it without Connolly playing such an important role.

Verifciation word: Boing (+3TPE)

+14 total TPE

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

1. This was a long season for Jon St. Ark. Last season, Jon split time with fellow goalie Name Redacted and it was a fruitful partnership, leading to some hardware for both goalies and a cup at the end of the season. However, this season was a bit different. Name Redacted was called up full time, along with a number of other impact players for the Whalers. This put some of the new additions and veterans under tremendous pressure to perform, and Jon St. Ark was no exception. The start of the season was extremely rough, with St. Ark near the bottom of the league goalie standings. It was a combination of a number of factors: a packed schedule, an inexperienced team, and a lack of a capable backup for St. Ark meant that the first third of the season was an intense grind. However, in the back half he returned to form as the schedule evened out and the team developed around him, finishing with a decent stat line and the most minutes played in the SMJHL. Next season will be another challenge, but Jon welcomes it. (188 words)

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

2. Right now goalies have no roles. They simply are. While that might be interesting as a philosophical question that deals with some existential themes, it makes for flat gameplay and lack of differentiation among goaltenders. So how then would we feature roles for goaltenders? One way could be implementing different goaltender styles in the sim. Two man styles come to mind: hybrid and butterfly. While these different styles make sense in real life hockey when we can see the goaltenders, its much more difficult in the sim screen. For a hybrid goalie, reflexes, poke check, and glove work may get a bonus. For butterfly, positioning, blocker, and rebound might see a boost. There would ideally not be a best type, but rather some flair for users to work around. (129 words)

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

4. For those who are not geographically inclined, let me just say that Canada, particularly Vancouver, is a very long way from Austria. Jon St. Ark, a native son of Innsbruck, Austria, has come to call the city of Vancouver home in his two seasons in the league. In order to give back to his adopted home, St. Ark has gotten involved in a few charitable causes, particularly ones around preserving the breathtaking natural landscape around Vancouver. Between the mountains and the Burrard Inlet, the open space and spectacular views helped ease the transition for young St. Ark. He has also gotten involved in some of the inner city projects as well, particularly those that are focused on bringing hockey to underprivileged children in the city. Vancouver's sky-rocketing cost of living has made it a difficult city to live in for many, and so Jon is focused on trying to give back and make it a bit easier for folks to enjoy the game he loves. (165 words)

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

5. Unfortunately, for any one who follows the SMJHL, you know the answer to this question. I'm sure that everyone who chose to answer this prompt and focused on the SMJHL has the same answer: the Quebec City Citadelles. Quebec City were monsters in the regular season. They had 107 points in the regular season, going 49-8-9. They were the only team to have single-digit losses in regulation and it wasn't even close. They scored 263 goals, that's 53 more goals than the next closest team. Unfortunately for the Citadelles, they ran into the eventual champion Anchorage Armada in the semi-finals, and lost in seven games to a strong defensive team. That's the way it goes sometimes, and it will be interesting to see if folks remember the S57 Citadelles among the greatest teams of all time. (136 words)

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

15. Verification

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

16. Look, sometimes you have to give the people what they want. If Jon St. Ark had his own platform that folks would subscribe to, I'd like to think he would make it some educational content. Jon is a high profile player on a high profile team in the SMJHL, and was a top draft pick for the SHL. That means there's going to be a lot of interest in him and his game, and I think he would lean into that a bit. I'm talking about special classes and videos on goaltender technique. Content around what it is like to be in the professional leagues and post-game analysis from him and maybe some other members of the team who want in on the action. There's nothing stopping Jon St. Ark from becoming the premier goaltending face of the league, and a healthy content stream would get him there. Plus, if this hockey thing doesn't work out he's got a nice little side stream of income. Win/win. (167 words)

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

It was a really good season for me, a top 10 goal scorer and a top 20 player in fantasy. So I'd say I definitely surpassed my expectations for this season. Moving to 66 games I was hoping to hit atleast 30 goals and not only did I get to 30 goals but I also reached over 60 points. The points I think are a combination of improvement in the offseason, 16 extra games and my line mates. Slap and Price are great teammates and Price also had a season to remember. It wasn't all offense however I did also lead the team the team in hits and I was 2nd in shots blocked which is pretty impressive in its own right let alone a forward that's only at 1.5k. Given the circumstances I think I did pretty well in the playoffs as well. As for next year the goal is to compete for the scoring title.

A new role I would make would be Power Play specialist. As the role implies this player is the type of player teams dream of having on their man advantage and can be utilized by both forwards and defensemen. This role is unique as the player gets boosts in offensive read, shooting accuracy, passing, and getting open. Even if the player is maxed out at 20 this role will get that player to the unreachable 21 but only while he's on the player play. Obviously since this role is so powerful it can only be used by one player per team.

Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

Jakub has been thinking about making an OnlyFans funny enough. While he does get paid pretty good by New England he finds the idea of to be interesting. Jakub's OnlyFans would mostly include videos of him while he's traveling to different cities and giving subscribers a behind the scenes look at the life of an SHL hockey players. It would include showing people his home in New England, along with his gym and hockey routines. Even places where he goes before and after games, and what he does on his off days. It would be like a video diary blog but there would be things people would actually care to see because lets be honest New England isn't going to pay $5 a month to see what he's actually posting. For the people that enjoy looking at the male body there will be some pics like that but fair warning in the advance there won't be any nudes.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) Only claiming 1 TPE

So the top 2 seeds made it to the Finals so I think it's safe to say the two best teams made it this season. But I think the best team to not make the Finals were Buffalo. They were last season's runners up and lost in Game 7 in the Semi's this season. The team was just as stacked as last season and I think with Hamilton they were most users choice to make it to the Finals again this year. They played tough but they just couldn't keep up with Chicago's ultra attacking forwards even though Buffalo's was no joke as well.

On paper Hamilton should have had the advantage but that's not how it has played out all season. Chicago has been playing very well not only in the playoffs but the entire season. I don't think either team has a noticeable advantage and should be truly a toss up.

They both have outstanding power plays but if I'm forced to pick between the two I would go with Chicago. That top line has been absolutely lethal this season. The top line of Selman, Westbroek, and Daniel Smeb is too much to over come on the man advantage. Although Hamilton are obviously no slouches.

I might be a little biased but I like Chicago's the most. The yellow and silver work together and I like the name Syndicate, it ties in with the Al Capone days when he ruled the city. The logo is also pretty cool it does actually look like an actual mobster which pretty unique in my opinion.

I would have to go with playing League with Parker Smeb. I have never played League in my life but I have watched some tournaments so I have a vague idea of what's going Smeb would really need to hard carry me but since I haven't played hopefully we get matched up with a lot of noobs.

Greatness

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 07:45 AM by CaptainCrazy.)

Minnesota Monarchs is continuing charity activities in the course of the season in the off-season! In all of the team's home games, each of the visitors to the game will be able to do a good job, since $1 of each game ticket purchased will be donated to young people and children affected by serious health problems and need help to improve the quality of life of their fellow people.
In addition, Minnesota Monarchs will organise a season end event for season 57 this weekend in which the Minnesota Monarchs team will thank their fans for their support. Minnesota Monarchs would like to thank all his loyal fans who supported the team throughout the season and were with it both in wins and in losses. Fans will have the opportunity to meet the ice hockey professionals in signature and photo sessions, and a charity auction for hockey equipment will take place. All earnings will be given to local children hospital!

(160 words)
3 TPE

8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

[Image: men-s-yellow-color-t-shirt-500x500.jpg]

3 TPE

9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: 0e74c4f10c67302fb6940daad50975de.jpg]

3 TPE

10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: gettyimages-1134204542-640x640-20210131110338213.jpg]

3 TPE

To be honest, I dislike both of these teams' brandings. Colors are nice but nothing extraordinary. I also don't like names of both teams because what even is a Steelhawk? Also Syndicate is also a very weird name for a team. Logos are nice but they aren't a top tier. If I were a GM of one of these teams, I would rebrand them.

(64 words)
1 TPE

Verification word - Wind

3 TPE

TOTAL: 16/16

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

1. Reflection on your season - 3 TPE
My season started not so well, as our GM was trying some different tactics for our second line. But as the season progressed I got back in the flow and found myself near the top of the scoring leadboards pretty quick. Which is not a bad result for me as a second line player, battling for the leaderboard with all this first liners. I think I was somewhere near the top in face off percentage too and I racked up 6 total milestones, which is pretty great I think. Also in terms of TPE I had never thought to find myself back at 1950 TPE even after missing quite a few PT's during the season. So all in all I did pretty good on and off the ice. We will see what the future brings as our team is regressing pretty hard at this point while other teams are reaching their prime.

3. Charitable causes - 3 TPE
So for this season the charity that I chose to highlight (I support a ton of charitable causes, but I want to pick one this time) is Stichting ALS Netherlands. ALS (Amyotrofische Laterale Sclerose) also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, is a quite rare disease that causes progressive loss of muscles control. Together with a Facebook community called Beer Geeks in the Netherlands, that raises money for this cause every year, we set out some fund raising throughout the season to support this cause. I've been having online beer tasting with my teammates and fans throughout the season and raised money this way as well as auctions of hockey memorabilia to collect funding for this cause. All in all we have raised over 50.000 Canadian Dollars to support them. All I can say is that I love my organization, my teammates and the fans for contributing to this cause and raising this much money.

5. Finals Teams - 2 TPE
I think this one is pretty easy for the SMJHL and this has to be Quebec Citadelles. They were dominating the regular season pretty hard and found themselves ousted in the playoffs before getting to the finals. I think this was their must win season too before having to rebuild. This shows that a season lasts longer then just the regular season and in the playoffs anything can happen. Though I must say that the GM's of QCC got a bit cocky during the season, so for some reason I don't even feel bad about it. It's the way it goes I guess.

6. IIHF Prediction - 3 TPE
For this seasons IIHF tournament I think Austria is a team that won't perform very well. We're in the middle of a full rebuild and have a lot of youngsters coming into the first squad. These guys are going to be stars in the future, but are not quite there yet. Looking at the nations we have to face it will be a tough challenge for us this season and for a few more seasons to come. Perhaps we can be an outsider to squeeze into the medal rounds, but my expectations are no that high in that regard. I think nations such as USA, Canada, Sweden and Japan are going to be doing really well this year as they've proven in the previous seasons. It will be a fun experience for our youngster to play against these nations to get a feel of what it's like to play on the highest level possible.

13. Procrastinator Special - 2 TPE
First of all congratulations to the Chicago Syndicate for winning their first ever Challenge Cup. My MVP of the series has to be Ryan Sheppard. All though he is not the best player in terms of goals scored or assists, he is a valuable asset to the Chigago Syndicate and just a great guy to have on your team. I know this from my own experience as he is my co-GM on the Kelowna Knights. He's been an amazing co-GM all these seasons and he's done an amazing job developing his player on Chicago and soon he will reach his peak to shine even more.

15. Trivia - 3 TPE
Katth

Total of 16 TPE

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 11:26 AM by Roamus.)

My player, robert Feltersnatch, did worse than I anticipated. On his second year in the juniors, I could only manage to claim 1 TPE for the entire milestone post. With his 10 goals and 17 assists for a total of 27 points, I was short on both the 11 goal mark and the 24 assists mark. However, I more than doubled my point total(10 points) from last years. I also more than doubled the amount of hits I made and almost tripled my amount of shots(from 46 to 130)
As an offensive defenseman, it's no surprise that I shoot a lot, but for the next season, I wish to be more of a playmaker. Next player update and stats placement will be looking more like one of a playmaker as I wish to be able to hit a PPG as well as 40 assists. Next season, I should be able to get more PP time(at least 2:30) and hit the 23+ TOI
163 words

One role I would definetely add in this game is the ''Pest'' role. A pest is someone that tries to antagonize other players by some sort of verbal or physical provocation. There could be difference stats added within the game such as talk trash(that would higher or even lower bravery players to take more penalty minutes). There could be a new stats to counter it such as resilience or concentration. It could even change some momentum if an opponen takes a penalty if it's the pest's fault. The pest would even be able to draw penalty for draging an opponent into a fight and then backing up right before it starts
111 words

Robert always has done some kind of charitable work, even when he was busy in the season. However, in the bigger than anticipated off season that we had, Robert has been putting double overtime in the charitable work. Each week had 2 or 3 different activities with people of different age. During the week, Robert would go to palliative care and do any kind of work they required him to do. He could clean, support people but he would mostly do what other people couldn't do which resulted in him after to do most of the heavy lifting( that still didn't change him from doing his workouts). During the weekends, he would go to different local ice rinks and stakes with people that were there(and take photos) Kids really enjoyed having some of the local team players with them to sign jerseys(and even a mom's breast) .I wish helping kids what the best thing that happened this day, but the mom's part clearly lifted it up a little bit(no pun intended)
Code:

Am I going to sound biased? SURELY NOT!
I think the Knights have been a really unlucky team in the playoffs this year. We had amazing goaltending from ramsay during the season and we couldn't capitalise on it during the playoffs.
We had subpar performance from every line and I am a big part of it. with 3 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. I am one of the many reasons why we couldnt achieve what we sought. If only our captain could have won a fight, I am sure it would have changed the momentum (wink wink to the best captain ever, no kidding this time). In the first round of the playoffs, the Knights battled the Scarescows and manage to have quite an interesting back and fourth series as the knights won the first game to see the Scarecrows win the next 2. The knights would then go to win the next 2 AND the scarecrows would then win the last 2 to win the series in 7 games.
164 words

Code:
I don't know much about the SHL for now but I hope I will be able to make great comparisons. The first team I would compare to the NHL is the team that I know the most: the specters. The specters are the NHL's Red Wings of the 00's and 10's. They took pride in making playoffs for every year and rightly so. They had a fabulous team made of great players and pushed every year for the cup. However, like in every aspects of every sports, age took it's toll and team started to struggle with ageing players. After a while, the team a obviously due for some much needed 180 youth turn. After last year's draft and the year before that, the Specters are looking much better(a long with a couple of trades that involved great vets). Like the Red wings, the specters are slowly rebuilding and with the addition of an amazing goaler in St.Ark as well as a couple young high end players, the future is looking bright
172 words

Okay okay, easy decision here as the Jazz man in me clearly dictates the hormones. Who in their right mind would chose anything else other than a lap dance from Hugh Jazz. That makes me drool just thinking about it. A lap dance from the legendary Hugh Jazz would just solidify his Hall of fame status for the best Jazz in the game.

Code:

Robert has no plan to use only fans for sex purpose. With that being said, Robert would use his only fans platforms and tease his content to his subscriber in many ways. Most ways would involve a glimpse into in personal life. His different meetings, some times with friends, cooking and cleaning the apartment as well as his time playing videogames online with friends. He is a big fan of NHL21 as well as COD, and he is a big reason why we know IRL hockey talent doesn't necessarily translate to gaming. 
Not only that, but Robert recently purchased a GoPro so that you can go on different activities with him during the day. As a big fan of hiking and training in general, you will be able to get on track with him and his different teammates such as Cian McFelter, Brennan Huff and Vlatislav Malik. Next Tuesday, Robert will be releasing a new video of the whole hockey team going bowling for the last time, as well as celebrating the amazing captaincy of Teddy Park.
177 words

3+2+3+2+3+1+3= 17 (max 16)

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Code:

Another season in the books for Bobby Sharp and this time it came with a career high of 78 points thanks to the extended schedule. Sharp continues to be a workhorse for Buffalo season in and season out putting up solid offensive numbers as well as keeping pucks out of the net with solid defensive play. Sharp's playoffs was also the best in his career with 19 points in 17 games, only trailing players who had 24 games played. Buffalo being a perennial contender and providing a system and supporting cast has resulted in Sharp and the other vets being set up for a lot of personal success. Not much else to say, Sharp continues to be on the fringe of the top players in the SHL and is making a solid career for himself while no one is really paying any attention. The Nicklas Backstrom RP is quite strong with this one.

Code:
So homer bias is a thing but pretty much every season Buffalo doesn't make the finals is another season where they're the best team to come short. The Great Lakes division is far and away the most dominant division in the SHL and has been for nearly a decade, so much so that with the recent playoff restructuring we're now seeing double Great Lakes teams in the finals. Buffalo's regular season yet again shows that they can win against anyone on any given night, and with a strong initial playoff run this season they showed that they were just as likely to make it as anyone. Without fail though they had to go through Chicago, and unlike seasons past they couldn't manage to pull it out this time. I also would like to given an honorable mention to Toronto, a team that has been on the up and up for seasons now but is unfortunately in the Great Lakes division. They had a strong season though and being in any other division would have likely poised them for a decent playoff run.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
Here's where I tend to say that this season USA will return to form and make a deep run and walk away with some, if not the prettiest hardware. And then later is when USA does decent in the round robin but has an early exit in elimination games. Its sort of become a personal unfortunate tradition at this point. Well, this time around I'm going with the hottest of takes by saying USA is going to win their group by just slipping past Great Britian and they will actually make a deep run and walk away with some hardware. Maybe not gold but I believe they will make a medal game at the very least. No surprise upset in early elimination games to Japan (pls no jinx hockey gods). No last minute goalie "injuries". 2021 is a brand new era for the United States, and their SHL IIHF hockey team is going to punctuate that with a medal around their necks.

Code:
a. I think Chicago has the edge this time around. Something about this season for them has been special with getting past Buffalo and they've had a hell of a long playoff run that has them nice and loose and in prime condition in a world without injuries ready to pounce on a cold Steelhawks team.

c. I personally prefer Hamiltons mostly because of the color scheme being more to my taste. The blue/grey tones are basically how I have rooms in my house painted. The logo itself is also a little cleaner and less busy too which is a plus. I kind of like the Syndicate theme for Chicago over having a generic bird mascot though.

Code:

taco

Code:

I don't think there is really much of a question around the type of content Bobby Sharp's only fans would contain. With such incredible access to such a person of interest with the media and the fans, Sharp would be able to live off of his only fans that is exclusively pictures and videos of Monkey D Luffy in every possible situation you can think of. Sharp could just bring a go pro into the Buffalo showers and point it at Luffy for instant fortune. But it doesn't have to be exclusively lewd and nude though. The media is always fiending for more Luffy and Sharp is just the guy to deliver and serve him up on a silver platter. Sharp has access to every aspect of his life, from showers to relationships to guilty pleasures. No one woulda thought Luffy cries during anime until Sharp gets the heartwarming candid of him. Also the amount of drugs that guy does... wow (all SHL legal of course).

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 12:42 PM by Bruins10.)

Code:
I think my season was not too bad. I had a horrible adjustment period with the Dragons when I had gotten traded and the Playoffs is something. I want to forget forsure. Off the top of my head, I do not even think I got a point in the playoffs and was in the double digits in the Minus category.
Was a tough season forsure. Going into the season, my head was all over the place with what I wanted to do with my career and whether or not I wanted to stay with the Specters.NOLA was a home of mine for a long time and loved it there, so the decision of moving on somewhere else was tough to swallow. But, they respected my decision and Calgary welcomed me with open arms which I am so grateful for. I want to be better than I was and continue to improve on the ice, and be a difference maker on the ice for my team. Finished with 44 Points in S57, and in S56 I finished with only 21 points in 50 games. So the improvement is there, just gotta continue on that uphill.

Code:
In the SHL, the two teams who finished with the most points in the season ended up making the finals, so hats off to them and deserving to end up in the finals.
In the Juniors though, I was extremely surprised to see the Quebec City Citadelles not in the finals. They had 15 points more than the next team in the Juniors this season and when I opened the sim, I was surprised to not see them in the finals. They even had the best player in the season with Zdenko Beranek who killed it in comparison to his peers. Sometimes the sim has other plans for you, and thats how the game goes. Unfortunate for Quebec City but being that dominant, I will not be surprised to see them kill it again this season and go far in the playoffs in Season 58.

Code:
The same countries tend to do well year after year. As a Latvian, I am hoping for some big things in the upcoming tournament. We have slowly slowly improved and Boris Poroshenko is doing such a great job at finding new players to join the country and transfer over to us. We have always been at the bottom ever since I have joined the league and hope that is going to change this season or next.
Canada and USA are the two countries I see going far. Would be a crazy rivalry to see in the finals if it happens and I think would make it fun for the league to watch that. Maxime Bouchard and Aaron Wilson for Canada going up against Bobby Lane and Julio Tokolosh, would be a crazy battle to watch. The amount of superstars on these two teams compared to teams like Austria and Latvia and what not. Thats why people watch these tourneys, to get a glimpse at superstars around the SHL all being on oneor two teams and battling it out with one another.

Code:
a. I think I have to give the edge to the Chicago Syndicate. From what I was told, they have more TPE than the Hamilton Steelhawks and also, Chicago has the better goaltender according to TPE which may make a difference. A lot more people are probably rooting for Chicago which adds a dynamic, even though the stands are empty because of covid.
b. Well as simple as it is to just say one team or another, lets look at the stats. As a unit, the first line for the Chicago Syndicate have put up more Power Play Points than the Hamilton Steellhawks. We all know that either team can not take penalties and give a man advantage to the opposition, that just means trouble. But my edge is going to Lallo Selman, Martijn Westbroek and Daniel Smeb.
c. Hamilton Steelhawks forsure. I have been in the SHL for a while, and started off way back in the single digit seasons, and have always liked the Steelhawks. They have gone through some rebranding thats fosure but I am going to cheer for the classic team and the one that has been around for over 50 seasons in the league. As a bruins fan you would think I would like the color scheme of the Syndicate but I am going to cheer for the classic and one of the originals here.

Code:
Congrats to the Chicago Syndicate. No one thought you would have won it in 5 games but hey, here we are. The whole league was rooting for a new winner to be crowned and that's exactly what you did. Everyone is going to think one of the Syndicates top guys of Westbroek, Sellman or even Smeb but one guy who stuck out with me is Nick Connolly. Other than the game that the Steelhawks won, Connolly had 9 points with a plus 8 rating. He had a 2nd star in one game and also the 1st star in the game winner with the game winning goal. He might be under the radar in Chicago but I noticed that great performance he had.

Code:
Verification Word: Tonic

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Code:
Michael Scarn had a wonderful second season with the Hamilton Steelhawks. The consistent center played a supporting role last season to Theo Morgan, but finally took the spotlight this season to the tune of a league high 93 points on 36 goals and a league high 57 assists, leading the Steelhawks to the top record in the regular season of all SHL teams. The Steelhawks offense was as deadly as ever, tallying 283 goals scored to only 147 goals allowed, as the team rode a crazy 25 game winning streak to start the season to take first place. However, in the playoffs the Steelhawks ran into some trouble against a pesky Winnipeg Jets team, losing the first game of the series. This proved to be a warning sign that the Steelhawks didn't heed, as the team would advance to the Challenge Cup but looked outmatched against the Syndicate. While it was a successful individual season for Scarn, his team failed to lift the trophy at the end of the year.

Code:
A new skater role in FHM that I would create would be a player who can raise the tenacity, hustle, and control of the game of his teammates. While we know that the Shadow and other defensive roles work to shut down opposing players, I am not aware of a mechanic in FHM that allows players to raise the ability of their teammates on the ice. We see this happen in sports all the time, with playmakers and leaders in basketball or football able to raise the floor of their teammates' productions just through their presence and command of the game. A "Field General" role in FHM would work similarly, allowing the team to keep better possession of the puck and perhaps drain the Stamina of the other team quicker, as they work to outhustle the other team to every loose puck and really bring the pressure on the defensive end of the ice.

Code:
Michael Scarn is obviously going to be holding a casino night with the entire SHL invited to the Hamilton Dunder Mifflin branch's warehouse for a fun night of gambling with all proceeds going to charity. Michael Scarn's Hamilton teammates are all very wealthy individuals so this will be a great evening of high stakes betting. There will be fire torch jugglers roaming the premises, which is of course a huge fire hazard given that it is a paper warehouse, but there is no reward without taking a risk in the first place. After the casino night, there will be a 5K, also known as a 5,000 mile fun run where all proceeds will go towards raising awareness for the fight against rabies. Michael Scarn once knew someone who was afflicted by rabies, and the issue touches him deeply to this day, so Scarn holds a 5K fun run every year to fight rabies.

Code:
The Buffalo Stampede had an excellent season and will be disappointed to have not made the Challenge Cup finals this season. With great performances by Monkey D. Luffy and Bobby Sharp, the Stampede had a pretty dominant offense even if they were a step behind their Great Lakes opponents Chicago and Hamilton. The Stampede also excelled on the defensive end, with goaltender Elizabeth Doyle maintaining her high standard of excellence in the net, as the Stampede only conceded 148 goals on the season. The Stampede largely were the 3rd best team in the entire league, but because of their tough divisional opponents in Chicago and Hamilton they were forced to play early in the playoffs which likely drained some of their energy for the later rounds. The Stampede did make it to the last four where they were matched up against Chicago, but Chicago proved too difficult and the Stampede legs were too heavy.

Code:
This year's IIHF tournament will be another one in the books for sure, that is certain. The Czechia national team has always been in and around the picture for the medals, but recently have seen themselves come up short and with longtime mainstays like Luke Thomason and Piotr Czerkawski starting to age rapidly, the team is quickly running out of time. In contrast, teams like Canada are continuing to ascend with hot players like Aaron Wilson and Matt Kholin leading the lines for the Canadian team. Look for Canada to make quick work of the round robin portion of the tournament - it should be gold medal or bust for the Canadian squad this season. Great Britain has also made some noise in recent years, and led by Jimmy Slothface who had an outstanding year for the Panthers, the team will be hoping to have enough firepower to support Slothface in their quest for some hardware.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE
Verification: paper

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]