Create Account

S57 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 03:59 PM by EricNCSU.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

It was a good season for me.  Set career highs in several categories. Even accounting for the increase to 66 games in the season, many stats were still higher than they would have been on a 50 game pace. My assists and points were very close to the highest ever.  42 points in 66 games fell just short of the pace of 34 goals in 50 games my third season in Juniors.  Same with assists, just shy, 30 assists in 66 games is slightly more than 1 full assist under the pace of 24 in 50 games. I'd attribute a lot of my success to how the team is using me.  I'm built as a two way forward but I believe they've used me as a shadow for most of the season, so more defensive role, but still plenty of offense.  My shots on goal, hits and PIM are way higher than they ever were in the J. Certainly more aggressive on both sides of the ice.  My ice time actually dropped a little this season, but I'm not going to complain since that means the team spent less time on the PK. (193 words)

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Renes

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

One of the big causes for me is hunger inequality and food insecurity.  Summer can be a tough time for a lot of people, especially children, since schools and daycares can often be where they get most of their meals. My player is organizing a food drive and everyone who contributes will get a ticket to a game next season, and one grand prize will be an on ice experience where they get to hang out with me at a practice and get a signed jersey and other memorabilia. Athletes are obviously very careful and focused on what they eat and how they workout, but we also have doctors and nutritionists who work for the team and help us out.  Not everyone has access to that kind of assistance, but everyone should have access to food and not have to worry about where their next meal is coming from.  Hungry kids can't learn and hungry people can't work.  It's that simple. (161 words)

16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

I can almost guarantee that my player would not have an OnlyFans, but just for the sake of arguement, my OnlyFans account would be a highlight of the things I like to do outside of hockey.  Hiking, biking, camping and playing with my cats.  I would imagine it would include a lot of videos of my falling asleep on my new reclining couch.  I would have the most boring OnlyFans that's for sure. I highly doubt anyone would subscribe except my friends and family.  I might could drive content by having trivia contests and offering prizes such as autographed jerseys and things like that.  Or solicit donations for my charity fighting hunger.  Signed pucks in exchange for some food donations. I could get behind that. That doesn't count as bribery does it? I mean, at least it's bribery for a good cause yeah? Anyway, that's about it.  Nothing super exciting. (150 words)

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I think goalie Tibuk Soonika should get the MVP.  They played all 24 games in the playoffs and still performed extremely strong to the end.  Winning the final two games in Overtime is pretty remarkable, especially with game 5 on the road.  Five of the top six in scoring in the playoffs are all Chicago forwards so that does make it a difficult choice, but I still believe Soonika should get the trophy. Yes it's a team sport, but goalies are the last line of defense and get the "credit" for wins and losses, and winning 3 in a row, two in overtime and game 5 on the road to win it all is pretty damn impressive. (117 words)

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I think the best team to not make the finals would be the Edmonton Blizzard.  Of course I'm tempted to say Texas, but Edmonton was the top team in the West, but got upset in seven games by Winnipeg.  The bye might have actually worked against the Blizzard, while Winnipeg gained momentum by defeating the LA Panthers in the first round. Winnipeg took the first game from Hamilton, but then lost four in a row to put Hamilton in the finals.  It might have been interesting to see if Edmonton could have given Hamilton a run for their money.  Maybe next season. (102 words) 

16/16

[Image: hudson.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 01:28 AM by spooked.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

This season was frankly a horrible one. Although the Outlaws made it to the four star cup finals, with a good playoff appearance for Arsene Leclerc, the season itself was one which felt like nothing could go right. For a player who was right at the top of the scoring race last season among rookies, and looking forward to a good second year, there was a total lack of powerplay minutes given this season. As an offensive defenseman at the SMJHL level, it was a huge disappointment to not get any powerplay minutes all season despite putting in a ton of time to work on that during the previous offseason. That and the management seemed to be unable to make adjustments throughout the season, even during slumps, instead focusing on trying to get the roster to play out of it. Without much adjustment or getting the fun-minutes, this season was truly one to forget at the end of the day. 160.

+3

Code:
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?
In the world of COVID, there are nearly endless ways to help out the community. As people in Anaheim have struggles with job loss, like many other places in North America, Arsene Leclerc is spending the offseason trying to help out the local community by making charitable donations with some of the extra money he has on hand, as well as from money he has been able to raise over the internet through social media and OnlyFans. The money is not being given as cash donations to homes, but rather through fresh locally-produced foods and non-perishable or canned foods. The main aim of this effort is to provide the community not only with some financial relief through lowering food expenses, but also to provide homes with some fresh and healthy foods to help keep a balanced diet through a time which can make it challenging for some people to do due to the ease of making and ordering less-than-healthy foods. 160

+3

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.
Leclerc from the line
He beat the goalie from there
Monarchs win the cup

Wait, who was picked first?
That guy, are you serious?
They will regret that

+1

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).
The Minnesota Monarchs are the SHL equivalent of the NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Why? Because both of these franchises have had previous periods of dominant rosters which had memorable and almost legendary rosters (For example Scott Stevens fame to one Alonzo Garbanzo), but both are also in a period of building towards a better future through a mix of both old-and-new players. Both franchises have a blend of veteran pros to pull the team up as much as they can, but are banking on new incoming prospects to give the team the push they need to really begin competing for positions and working towards success long-term. They are both teams which have had their struggles, but will probably be better in the next few seasons despite having some key pieces holding the keys and waiting for the young-support. If I had to bet, I would say the Monarchs get better faster than New Jersey can, but both of them will need prospects to develop to fill in the gaps. 169.

+3

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Banana

+3

Code:
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

Arsene Leclerc, as the stud french player he is, would be insanely successful on OnlyFans selling his used jock straps after each game as member rewards, putting up half-naked videos of the daily training, and teasing his talents hitting the five hole all day. Unfortunately for his subscribers, his sponsorship deal with brands like Apple and Nike means he can never be naked in these photos, instead opting to sport a trademark Apple Watch at all times, Nike branded briefs or skin-tight clothing, and his custom sneakers. Thankfully, playing in Anaheim in juniors provided unlimited opportunities to work with other OnlyFans creators to create shared content, brokering networking opportunities boosting his sub count even more. Where does all the cash go? Well, Arsene is such a good person he put half of all profits straight into charity, specifically charities allowing young people to play more sports, and the other half? Straight into GME, BB, and AMC stock. 157

+3

16 / 16
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 03:33 PM by MrRuihu.)

Code:
Gerry Atrick feels his season was overall good, but severely lacked the drive and passion he normally has has throughout his entire career before being drafted into the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. He noticed himself not being able to focus on his game during the midpoint of the season and around that time his gameplay just got stale and was more of the same for about a month, he wasn't as passionate and driven to be the best he could be and therefore his points performance (Going for 2 short of the rookie lead in points) to dropping down by more than 10 points towards the end of the season, and he became frustrated at that so he's focusing on going as hard as possible to make the next season even better than last, maybe even hitting the 30 point mark. All in all the season felt good, but Gerry Atrick feels it could've been better, and it will be.

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
THE KELOWNA KNIGHTS, WE SHOULD'VE GONE ALL THE WAY MAN, GODS WE WERE STRONG THEN. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE LOAD OF BULLSPIT THAT WAS, I MEAN TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM THE ST LOUIS SCARECROWS THEY CLEARLY WERE THE BETTER TEAM AT THAT POINT, YOU KNOW THEY SAY YOUR TEAM HAS TO GET HOT AT THE RIGHT TIME, AND THEY DID. BUT STILL WE SHOULD'VE WON THE CUP MAN. now that I'm done yelling. WE HAD THE BEST PIECES, WELL NOT THE BEST BUT DAMNIT WE HAD PIECES. WE GOT COLD AT THE END AND THAT JUST BLEW SOME MAJOR ASS MAN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY THOUGH, YOU GOTTA GET PUCKS ON THE NET, GO DEEP, CONNECT THE PASSES AND GET INTO THE DIRTY AREAS.

I WAS DOING THE WRONG CW.

Leaving this to shame myself.

Antonescu’s SMJHL career ended with a bit of a low note. On the one hand, the Scarecrows made it to the second round of the playoffs, matching Antonescu’s career best, when in his rookie year he netminded for the Crows into the second round in S54. However, His individual stats were nowhere near stellar, a stark turndown from his All-Star accolade performance last season, and with the Crow’s elimination, means that Antonescu graduates to the SHL’s San Francisco Pride without a 4-Star Cup Disappointment would be the key feeling here, as Antonescu was driven to deliver at least one 4-Star Cup to the Crows during his tenure. Barely scraping a .900 save percentage and sporting an above 3.00 GAA put Anteonescu behind a lot of other goalies this season, including rookie and heir apparent to the Scarecrows Kit Kirkstone. Hopefully the young phenom can finish what I started, and bring the Scarecrows a 4-Star cup during his time there.

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

The role would be called “Pest”. It is best utilized in a defensive line role, and on a team with a lethal powerplay. While on the ice, the pest reduces the Temperament score of opposing players by 1 (similar to the Goon, but affects Temperament instead of Bravery). This encourages players to react more rashly and take more penalties against your team due to how annoying the Pest plays. The key attribute is stick checking - being able to prod, goad, and subtly cross-check without drawing a penalty yourself is key here. Other key attributes include Agility, Balance, and Hitting, to maximize being a soft cheap shot artist and absolute pain in the ass, while not actually answering the bell and fighting yourself.

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
Haiku 1:
My final season
The SHL calls me now
I hope I did well

Haiku 2:
It is called a Pride
Not just groups of lions
But a high standard

Haiku 3:
The puck, a black disc
Slips by my glove hand once more
Damn it not again

Haiku 4
The Neutral Country
Despite this apt moniker
The flag is a plus

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

In the IIHF, change is a bit more of slow burn and slight turnover from season to season, especially for the larger nations, so anticipating a massive overhaul in the standings, especially with the FHM’s more unforgiving system in regards to disparity, would be folly. The same nations with plenty of talent to draw from will be near the top of the heap - Canada and the United States will once again be near the top of their groups. Teams with solid high-end activity still riding their respective waves, like Czechia and Great Britain, will also be at the top of the heap. Getting near the middle, with slightly more players in both quality and quantity that the lower-ranked countries will fill in the middle spots, like Japan, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, and maybe Norway. More niche teams that have top earners but low depth will suffer as usual, with Austria doing better than most in that boat, followed by teams like Ireland and Finland. Until all of the Petrovs get a few more years of development, Russia will be near the bottom again, and Latvia simply has the smallest pool of players out of the IIHF nations, and will likely struggle to earn wins because of it.

SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndicate are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz)

In my opinion, the Chicago Syndicate’s recent history so far has been akin to the early 2010 runs of the New York Rangers. While the Syndicate don’t share the Ranger’s history or bragging rights about being an original team, I can comment on some regular season and playoff similarities. Both teams, within the time frame I have ascribed for each of them, were largely successful regular season teams in a competitive division, clawing past tough opponents to get anywhere between a high seed or barely making the playoffs, despite being a solid team. Both were//are full of largely aging players, not super old but past their regression points, and at this stage I’d like to make the comparison between Tibuk Soonika and Henrik Lundqvist. Both goalies are nearing the end of their careers due to age/regression, but had stellar careers so far that have ended in a t least a finals run, but no Stanley Cup. I’m posting this shortly before the finals ended, and for Tibuk’s sake I’d like to hope this won’t be a point of comparison between them for much longer.

Verification word: Crows

Total TPE claimed: 16

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 05:06 PM by W19eaver.)

Task 1 - 3 TPE

Well statistically my player had his best junior season yet, setting career highs in wins (22), shutouts (6) and GAA (2.69), while also tying his career high in SV% (.911). All of that sounds really good, but overall I'm pretty disappointed in my player. Career highs are great and all but dang I was expecting a huge season where my team and I led the league but instead I had a few too many atrocious games and my team paid the price for it. The worst of it all is my player stunk in the playoffs, not winning any games and letting in a disgusting 15 goals in only 4 games. I'm not quite sure where it all went wrong, I'm thinking with my 425 build isn't very optimal and that may have attributed to my "woes" a bit but who knows. With my player being called up for next season, I will have a bunch of TPE to spend, which I will be spending very carefully hopefully optimizing my build so I can excel as a rookie starter in the SHL.

Task 3 - 3 TPE

During Phillip's long offseason, he partnered up with Peoples Autism Foundation, a non-profit organization whose goal is to support autistic children in Southern Nevada. The first thing he did was pledged $50,000 to their Adopt-A-Student program. For that $50,000 it will supply 20 schools ($2,500/school) with essential supplies for students in grades K - 5 in the Nevada area where the Battleborn play. Included in those essential supplies will be pens/pencils, notebooks, markers, crayons, rulers, calculators and many other supplies to help children succeed in school. The other thing Phillip Weaver did for the Peoples Autism Foundation was sit at a booth at their annual Riding 4 Autism car show. While there he chatted with young fans, signed autographs and posed for photographs in front of a Dodge Ram Hellcat 1500. Later he held a small goalie workshop for kids ages 5 - 12, where he individually helped every child there, refrining their skills and ending with a small ball hockey scrimmage.

Task 15 - Trivia - 3 TPE

Spaghetti

Task 4 - 2 TPE

Nevada Battle-
Born, So Much Promise Last Year
Dear God What Happened

Tampa Bay Rising
Full Active Line Up First Time
Playoffs Here We Come

No One Wants Steelhawks
To Win The Challenge Cup, But
My Predictions Do

SHL Best Sim
League, Better Then PBE
ISFL Too

Task 5 - 2 TPE

While I could easily go with the Quebec City Citadelles being the best team in the SMJHL to not make the finals, there is definitely merit for it after the amazing regular season they had, a year where they had only lost a ridiculous 8 games in regulation all season. No instead I'm going to go with the Vancouver Whalers, and I'm going with the Whalers for 1 main reason, and that reason is none other than Valtterri freakin Kauppinen. That guy was an absolute beast in the playoffs, how many players can say the lead the entire playoffs in goals and points while still missing out on that final round. I haven't actually looked into it but I doubt you have to use more then one hand to count them. Another thing Vancouver had going for them was their goaltending, Jon St. Ark was the best goalie not named Chimkin Tendy (who made the finals).

Task 16 - 3 TPE

First of all I'm going to say Phillip Weaver is no whore, but $10 is $10. The lucky fans who pay the small subscription fee of $10 a month will get too see all of Weaver's very tasteful lewds. While some will be disappointed there's no full frontal (y'all would be disappointed if there was) Phillip has many themed sets up there. His most popular set obviously is the Nevada Battleborn themed one, where he makes many save like poses wearing nothing but his Battleborn goalie mask and Battleborn banana hammock. Also sticking true to his roots he has a farming set, where he poses on tractors, hay bails and other farm related equipment. Fans who pay for his premium content also get to see his cosplay sets, where he dresses up as numerous anime/video game characters including, Cloud (FF7), Goku (Dragon Ball), Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil) and rumors are there's an Ash Ketchum (Pokemon) set in the works.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Aron Hernadivic enjoyed a breakout campaign for the Buffalo Stampede, finally showing what his offensive game can do on top of continuing to be a solid two-way force at the bottom of the Stampede's lineup. Hernadivic should be a candidate for Most Improved player in the league this year, more than doubling his career high of 30 points this season with 62 points. In fact, I had more goals this season (33), than I've had points in any of my previous SHL seasons. Ultimately, in under 20 minutes of ice time a game with little to no powerplay time, Hernadivic finished with 33 goals and 29 assists, good for 62 points. I'm just ultimately hoping for a Most Improved nom, but with lots of people experiencing career highs, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it. Next season I'll likely be on PP1, probably playing a defender spot along with Augustus Wang but we shall see. More individual success will be a goal.

164 words;+3 TPE

Quote:4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

Buffalo Stampede (5)
Sufficiently average team (7)
Chicago better (5)

Buffalo Stampede (5)
We miss you dearly hotdog (7)
Go Atlanta Go (5)

+2 TPE

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Ultimately, I think it is easy to say that the best team to not make the finals this season was the Buffalo Stampede. Pushing the eventual champions to a 7 game series, one they may have won had some bounces gone their way in Game 7 instead of going Chicago's way. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be and Chicago exorcised their demons by sending the Stampede packing.

Regarding the SMJHL, I think the best team to not make the finals were the Quebec City Citadelles, who also lost to the eventual champions in a hard fought 7 game series. Buffalo players like Fae and Evok sure endured some unfortunate puck luck in both playoff runs.

116 words, +2 TPE

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?

Heading into the series, and after speaking to some sources on Chicago, I considered Hamilton to be the heavy favourite, with their FHM tactics and knowledge, as well as their roster construction giving them a heavy advantage. However, Chicago turned the odds quickly in their favour by stealing Game 2, and never looked back as they won in 5 games.

60 words, +1 TPE

b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?

Anyone who has truly spent time with FHM knows that special teams and powerplay production is an extreme shitshow. Buffalo for example didnt score their first powerplay of the playoffs until about Game 5 in the Chicago series -15 games into the playoffs. So, I'm gonna say this is a tie, especially with how high end the talent is on each of these teams.

64 words, +1 TPE

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

Seeing as I live just down the road from Hamilton, and have a lot of familial ties to the city, I'm gonna go with the Steelhawks. This also takes into consideration that Hamilton does not have a nickname that associates it with Iraq, nor is Hamilton located in the covid hotspot of the world in the USA. Ultimately, if you care about your health, it's an easy decision.

68 words, +1 TPE

d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?

The reaching for objects on high shelves with DMills makes it seem as though this is a satire post. As someone who rarely plays League, and is thus very trash at League, I'm gonna go with playing League with Parker Smeb so we can be bad together. If he's good at League its even better as he can carry my trash ass to a W.

65 words, +1 TPE

Quote:13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Surprisingly, the Chicago Syndicate cruised to an easy series victory, winning their first Challenge Cup in a gentleman's sweep (five games) over the defending champions Hamilton Steelhawks. As this series turned out to be lopsided, I'm gonna choosemy series MVP from the Buffalo-Chicago series. The MVP of that series was Tibuk Soonika, who put the Syndicate on his back in a game 7 win that was extremely, extremely lopsided in Buffalo's favour. Tib made a breakaway save in the first minute of the game, setting the tone he was going to be tough to beat which held true, with Tib shutting the door on Buffalo's offence. Congrats Tibuk Soonika and congrats to Chicago!

113 words, +2 TPE

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Fishy

+3 TPE

Total: 3+2+2+4+2+3=16 TPE

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 06:48 PM by karlssens.)

1. Written, 3 TPE - From an offensive stand point Karlstraße Scholz had another strong season posting 51 points in his first 66 game season in the SHL. That's his second best total in a season, but when pro-rated for a 50 game season its roughly 38, his lowest total since S52. He managed to collect a 27 takeaways, but at the expense of 53 giveaways he possessed a miserable -26 ratio. Fortunately his teammates and most notably his blueline partner Finn Rhys were absolute studs and managed to massage that number and help Scholz finish with a very tidy +45 rating. Perhaps the best takeaway from this season was his 163 hits, a career high by a significant margin, even when pro rated for a 50 game season. As he enters deeper in to regression I doubt we'll see the same Scholz that competed for defenseman awards, but if he can continue to put up point totals north of 40, or even 50 points in the new 66 game era I think that's more than acceptable. For next season he really needs to clean up his defensive game and cut down on those turnovers and giveaways.

2. Written, 2 TPE - I've actually put a fair bit of thought in to my next "new" skater. My original plan was goalie, but given the log jam between the pipes I think I'll return to forward again, likely a scoring winger in a similar mold to Pepperoni and Kvalheim. Based on some discussion with the Blizzard fellas I would argue there isn't really a key or critical attribute, but rather the opposite of it. Rather than pump TPE in to a few categories to max them out these fellas spread out the TPE and created a well rounded player that's good at everything instead of great at just a few key attributes. That being said I'd like to focus on snipes and hits haha.

5. Written, 2 TPE - Out west I have to make a case for my Edmonton Blizzard. Finishing as the top team in the regular season they had a date with the huge underdog in the Winnipeg Jets. After getting out to a 3-0 series lead everyone (probably even the Jets) thought it was over, but low and behold they completed the reverse sweep and won! Huge respect to the Jets here, but I think the Blizzard could've been a real threat if they could make it past round 1 lol. Out east I'm going with Manhattan. While perhaps not as powerful as the Steelhawks or the Syndicate, they have the personnel to do some damage and could easily upset any of the names previously mentioned.

7. Written, 3 TPE - Up until this season I thought the Syndicate were the Golden Knights of the SHL. Yes they suffered a few rough season upon inception, unlike the Knights, but these last few seasons they've been right there, but have yet to win it all. That obviously all changed this post-season, but I'm putting it down. Out west the Calgary Dragons have always struck me as the Boston Bruins. Year after year you can't dismiss them and while you don't particularly like them, there's this level of respect. You don't sleep on the Dragons. Player wise I've come to realize Tony Pepperoni and Andreas Kvalheim are the definitive defensive forward, both with huge offensive upside. I see them as Patrice Bergeron and Anze Kopitar respectively. Lastly management wise WBF gives me Yzerman vibes. Not sure what possesses other GM's to constantly gift this guy picks, but props to him for churning out players worthy of those picks. Yzerman isn't quite as impressive, but he seems to always be on the winning side of the deal, or at the very least doesn't lose much, if not ever.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE -
a. Statistically speaking these two teams are literally 1, 2 in almost all categories. Goals, Points, Shots, GA/G, GF/G, etc. And it's really close. Perhaps a slight edge to the Steelhawks since they typically are the 1 to Chicago's 2, but honestly I think it's a coin flip here. We truly are seeing the best of S57 battle it out for the cup!
b. With regards to the powerplay both of these teams are a huge threat with 46 converted tallies a piece, 1 less than the leading Buffalo Stampede. Unfortunately we don't seem to have any stats available on powerplay or penalty kill conversion, but extrapolating the defensive stats you have to give an edge to Chicago in the penalty kill department. 1st in goals against and 3rd in shots against they are incredibly tough to get shots against, let alone score.
c. I'm giving the edge to Hamilton on this one. The logo doesn't blow me away, but it's clean and iconic. The colors are safe, but white and some shade of blue always go well together and the steel grey is a nice touch. My favorite part about it is the name. Steelhawks is a wonderful spin on a real basic sports team name and I love it. The syndicate recently updated their look and I think it was an improvement, but I can't help but see the man in the yellow hat from curious George when ever I look at it.
d. With a name like that a lap dance does sound intriguing, but given that it's a pandemic and I don't want to get fined and miss games I think I'll keep and safe and play league with Parker Smeb. I'm not on the inside track here, but I take it he's really good? I haven't played in what feels like forever, but assuming he has a lot of patience I'm down to give it a try. I play a mean support bot.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - karl

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 02:33 PM by Jala.)

This season was a tough one for both the Battleborn and myself, with neither group meeting their targets for the season. In particular I feel like I was poorly utilized and that put me in a bad position over the course of the season and my stat line suffered because of it. I was played the least out of any of our senior defensemen by an average of 3 minutes a game and playing on a lower pairing with weaker teammates left me with my lowest career point totals even with the additional 16 games this season. My +/- was atrocious despite being second in the league in blocked shots, which was the only real bright side to the season. I've put in a lot of work on getting in the way of the puck and this is my best total so far in my career as I tallied 145. Overall I would say this is a horribly disappointing season for me and I hope next season I'll have the chance to show what I'm capable of either in Nevada or somewhere else. 
Word Count: 182

With the early exit in the playoffs I had some down time before checking into the world junior camp for Team Canada Red and so I headed home to Calgary to join some of the Dragons in their volunteering programs. As anyone who is familiar with the Dragons organization is aware, there is quite a few programs that they take part in around Calgary and I had three weeks before I had to start my journey out to Team Canada camp so I decided to spend a week on three different charities. Firstly, I joined some of the guys in visiting sick kids at the hospitals around Calgary. We pop in with some Dragons plushies, jerseys and other swag and take pictures with the parents and kids alike and sign whatever they like. It's a great way to put perspective on our lives and help put some smiles on some faces of people who really earned them. My second week was spent helping out the less fortunate. I doled out meals at a soup kitchen and was sorting clothes. Finally, I spent the last week joining the team in cleaning up the streets and parks of Calgary. Beautification is an important part of our city and we all chip in to make sure our town looks the best it can.
Word Count: 220

I may be biased in saying this but I think the Nevada Battleborn should have made it if not to the finals but at least much deeper into the playoffs then we did. We had arguably one of the deepest teams in the league with a lot of pre-season reports from multiple sources having us be the top team in the league. Obviously that's the way it goes sometimes but with the roster we had we should've been challenging for a championship this season. Our goaltending tandem was tops in the league, our defense looked very solid and our weakness in previous seasons, our offense, looked more then serviceable this year.
Word Count: 111

12. Written, 2 TPE
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
Hamilton should have the advantage in the series as they have the experience of winning a championship under the new engine and most of their team is still intact, but Chicago has built a very deep roster and both teams have their share of superstars on their squads. I would have to say that the two teams are pretty evenly matched and the series could go either way.
Word Count: 68
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
Hamilton has a good colour scheme and logo. Obviously Ontario is a hockey mecca and so being located in one of the suburbs is a good location to draw in crowds. Chicago is also one of the biggest cities in the USA and has a storied history of being passionate hockey fans so the base is good there. I have to say I prefer Chicago's branding as it pays homage to the history of the mob heritage the city had in the day and the colour scheme pops more to me and the logo is masterful.
Word Count: 96

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
Jala

Sachimo Zoidberg III would take an unconventional take on OnlyFans, that being that the content wouldn't be sexual in nature but more of a VLOG style with varying degrees of undress. Patrons could pay to get access to an in-depth look at workouts and other conditioning stints, and if you were interested in it you could pay extra to get that experience but with less clothing on right down to completely nude for the highest paying members. It would be a resource for a proper inside look at the diet and training of a pro athlete for people only interested in that and for those who were looking for more you would be able to admire the physique of a pro hockey player with the sound off if you choose. It can get lonely on the road so there could be some paid interactions for patrons who wanted to participate in activities of nature, but that would be worked out on a case by case basis.
Word Count: 166

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

1.Written, 3 TPE (word count: 164)
This season was another rebuilding year for the North Stars. We finished a lot better than last year but still are a few years away. Overall, I had a sub-par season in my opinion; with fully taking over 3C duties, my point total increased. I had a decent amount of goals, but I am hoping to get my assists up big time. I am hoping for a strong off-season and to bank some TPE so I can help put my team in a better position to win. I know we are still rebuilding, but I hope to be a part of the core moving forward so improving is the only option. We overall should have a better team on the ice next season, so I think with an overall improvement of the team, my player will improve too. I hope to have a 20-20 season for my team, and I honestly think it is possible with the right offseason training and linemates next season.

5. Written, 2 TPE (word count: 101)
Toronto North Stars by a mile. We were 4th in our conference but the fact we play in the Great Lakes which is just stacked messed us up big time. I am fully convinced that if we played in any other division we would be in the playoffs. That being said, it is very encouraging to see us doing this well especially considering where we were just a couple of seasons back. We got the short end of the stick with the FHM switch.

6. Written, 3 TPE (word count: 160)
This year’s IIHF tournament will be the third one my player will be playing in. With my transfer to Team Sweden, I am very excited to see what our team can do. We have a solid roster that can make some noise. I wanted to join a team that was beneficial to both parties, and Sweden is perfect for that. When talking to the GM, I was offered “With 1K TPE I could probably give you top-line center, I’d guarantee top six and special teams.” The tournament has always been top-heavy with the powerhouses doing amazing, but this year is Team Sweden’s time to make some noise. The last tourney saw Sweden, come in third place and I think with the addition and growth of our players we can medal this next season. We are excited to see how this tournament plays out and hope to see what growth we as a roster can show. Hoping for a gold medal

#12 1 TPE (word count: 53)
I would have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player) due to the sole reason that I think I would win. My hidden talent is staring into people’s souls so this would be right up my alley. So, beware people, First-Name Last-Name is coming for the crown and he will win.

15. CW TRIVIA 3 TPE verification word: word

16. Written, 3 TPE (word count: 153)
First-Name Last-Name would be a huge hit on OnlyFans. I would not be selling my nudes but instead releasing my music on the website. Many of you may not know but I have a secret rap obsession and I have mixtapes being made right now. So to create some buzz and some clout on social media, I will use Onlyfans to drop the music. It would eventually be out on all music streaming services but to start I think it would be a fun way to create a lot of buzzes. I know OnlyFans was made for explicit content, but I think First-Name Last-Name would be a big hit. I cannot reveal too much, but the mixtapes have some crazy features lined up. Due to contracts and lawyers, I cannot tell you who but just think BIG. Like really BIG, I am very excited to have this opportunity and drop some fire music.

Total earned: +15

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 06:38 PM by Fitted2106.)

1. Michaek fitted had a so so season while beginning to enter his prime, it can be written off though as a young team is still building in tampa bay. While he definatly struggled late he did have bright spots and many younger team mates took on increased roles. With the up trend in talent on the team going foreward fitted is primed for a monster year in 58 but to dwell on a career year but still disappointing season just is not worth it in the long run as many great seasons are on the horozion. Fitted did present alot of leadership this past year and made strides defensivly in his game which had been very lackluster for many seasons prior. The goal scoring will come and it will come heavey with a much improved blue line and an entire active roster michael fitted will continue to keep improving with this current squad. Heres to s 58 and another chapter closed.

162 words

3. Michael fitted does mucho charity and always helps everyone in the community. He started the cuda for puda dog walking organization, which uses cuda players other than Michael fitted to walk seniors dogs because there old and cant walk no more. Other then that org fitted also spends 2 million every season on many local causes to try and get kids to care about hockey, being in tampa everyone kinda hates hockey cuz it's so warm here. With this and many more community events michael fitted has become a big time main stay here in tampa as the entire area appualds his efforts to help also raise awareness for the struggling parts of the community also. He gives free lunches to school kids that cant afford them and also gives free autographs unlike that scam artist tom fiddler. Soon he will be the shls biggest therapist as he constantly uses his psychology degree to help traumatized cats and heal them back to normal health.

166 words

6. I think finland is going to raise some eyebrows this iihf because they just staved off an insurrection and alot of sides while split still want to come together and show that they are a team on the rise. Many new faces have joined the squad as well such as Igor victory and alot of these baby faces have much to prove this tourney. With michael fitted jax attilo and karlo kekkonen staring this event should show the rest of the world the finnish talent that many know already exists. That being said its gonna be a rough road as there are many teams that feel there being under estimated so with that said it should turn out to be a great tournament. No one knows how things will play out but finland on the verge of being new finland should play fierce hard and mean in this one and really give every opponent a strong effort. Hopefully there captain jax can finnaly get a medal.
167 words

2. Garbage collector is the true meta build and with high screening strength shooting accuarcy and damn high o read this build will pot you home tons of goals if paired with an offensive puckhandling skater who can set this character up for those beauty's in the paint. This build is keen on high offensive awareness and power by being a strong bodied I'm moveable force in the dirty parts of the ice. I say bravery could really help this build really excel in many more wats then if it's not used. All in all my next player will be this build and I'll be excited to try it.
113 words

5. I'd have to go with the Manhattan rage as they have many great players and are still searching to get back to the finals. Not since s51 have they been and it looks like the window may be closed for now. With many players regressing it looks like they just will not be able to get back over that hill. Phineas gold luke Thompson and Ola wagstrom are all hitting regression and soon regressing. Hopefully this team can retool it would have been great to see this group give it one last ride but hey in my opinion they were the best team on the outside looking in.
110 words

15.triva verification fitted

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 09:38 AM by juke.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
For the first time since answering this question each CW, I can finally say that I exceeded expectations (or at least met them) for the season. I know that my stats will be inflated based on being on a good team, but as an offensive leaning defenseman, I ended up with 17 goals and 40 points. This was good for 2nd and 17th in the entire league among blue liners, and was only with 17 minutes or so a game. More than just pure point production, I ended up with a 57 CF%, and one more goals for per 60 than goals against per 60. I still need to work on the giveaway to takeaway ratio though. Not to put a damper on my season, but I mostly attribute the breakout year to the fact that I was a slightly above average TPE defenseman (averaged around 1250 for most of the season), but was playing on the 3rd line, so likely facing worst competition. It will be interesting to see if I can come close to sustaining this level of output as I move up the depth chart in future seasons.

191 words, +3 TPE

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Every season this question will likely be easy to answer due to FHM's stupid playoff format of putting the 1 and 2 seeds on the same side of the bracket. That was painfully evident in the SMJHL, where QCC and ANC squared off in a 'conference' finals, in a matchup that had no business being anything other than a cup finals. ANC won in 7 games, which means QCC and their team stats of: #1 in wins, points, win%, goals for, losses, and #2 in goals against is a lock for this answer. On the SHL side, seems that the easy answer for this every season is whichever Great Lakes team is left out of the finals. In this case, BUF finished the season 3rd in the league for wins, points, GA, and 4th in goals for, so they get the honor of the best team out of the finals. However for a homer pick I also think you could consider MAN for this, as both the Stampede and the Rage lost to the eventual cup winners in 7 games, but BUF played CHI a bit closer than us in the series.

192 words, +2 TPE

Quote:11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
2 Person mini cast with Nhamlet
https://soundcloud.com/nhamlet21/s57-cw

8+ minutes, +4 TPE

Quote:13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
There's a lot of good options to pick from in the CHI forward group for this, but ultimately I think it comes down to Connolly, Soderberg, or Westbroek. Westbroek was a monster on the powerplay, scoring 3 goals when no one else on the team had any, and Soderberg ended up with 8 points in 5 games and had the best CF% on CHI. However, I think in the end, Connolly gets my MVP vote. Led all players in the series with 9 points, and led all players on CHI with 18 SOG. However more than just offensive production, Connolly led all CHI forwards with 11 SB and 3 takeaways, and had an impressive 4.1 GF/60 to 2.4 GA/60. His production was a balanced 4 goals and and 5 assists, and the most notable of them being the cup winner in OT in game 5. Top end scoring, clutch cup winner, with a strong two way performance locks him into MVP for my vote.

166 words, +2 TPE

Quote:14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
Team stats per game between CHI and HAM in the finals, also comparing the relative value between each team:

[Image: unknown.png]

+3 TPE

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
verification word: juke

+3 TPE

Accidentally did 17 TPE worth, but we'll call it insurance in case I missed a trivia answer
Claim 16 TPE

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 11:01 PM by kenvald.)

Code:
This is becoming a recurring topic for this kind of CW prompt. But I'm still not doing good enough when it's coming to the amount of giveaways I have over a season. My takeaways increase little by little each season and that's great. But I just can't seem to not give the puck away at least once every two games. And again this will be something I'll be working on during the offseason. I need to improve my strength and balance. And be better at deciding when to skate the puck and when to pass the puck.

To end this on a positive note. I'm really happy with how I performed offensively. I've really gotten better at setting up my line mates. And even got a good amount of goals myself! Which is something that I've never really been good at. Hopefully I can keep my offensive prowess up while working on the physical parts of my game.

Code:
Something that has always been close to Sven is accessibility. Allowing people with disabilities, be it the visually impaired or those with neural issues, to traverse and use everything the same way those of us without disabilities can and do. A lot has been done to shape the physical world to better fit these people. See for example handicap parking spots, and regulations requiring ramps or elevators to be installed next to any public stairs.

Unfortunately, not enough has been done about our digital world. We have screen readers, and virtual keyboards and such. But a lot of companies don't take accessibility into consideration when building their websites or IoT products. What Sven has done recently to bring awareness to this is a digital tour during the offseason where he "tours" with a blind spokesperson. Together they share the stories of those with disabilities and demonstrates the challenges that these people face every day. Challenges that you and I might not ever consider.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
I say it every year and I'll say it even louder this year. This is Sweden's year! Several seasons ago we had an influx of Sweden on the site and it has only kept growing ever since. We have so many junior players now that we almost can't play them all in the WJC. And that's a first for us.

And while the juniors have kept packing in, several of our previous younglings have grown into big and strong skaters. Our skill and talent has improved tenfold and it shows on the ice more and more for each IIHF tournament that passes.

I believe Sven might get a chance on the 1st line this time around. I hope so, at least. Sven has worked his way up the TPE ladder and is now among the top in Sweden. If he gets a chance at the 1st line, I'm sure he'll be one to excel. Looking outside of Sweden I believe Michael Scarn will definitely do well again. A powerhouse last season that won't change unless their coach fiddles too much with the lines.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
Coming into it I saw this series as a literal coin flip. They have played so even that it's crazy. While this series could have easily gone to 7 games I'm not surprised to see it end after 5. As either team could've won any game at any time. It all comes down to the roll of the dice.

Code:
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
My vote goes to Chicago on this one. And I'm trying not to cheat by looking at the actual outcome. Looking at the stats from the regular season, Hamilton has the best powerplayer between the two teams in Michael Scarn. But Chicago's unit is more balanced. Allowing them for more opportunities even for their secondary PP unit instead of having to rely solely on the 1st unit.

Code:
This question has the same answer as above: Chicago. The Steelhawks is a good concept and has a really good logo. But The Syndicate is a more unique and standout branding. It catches your eye more with the yellow coloring and it's one of few teams not to boast an animal name which is standard when it comes to sport teams.

Code:
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?
I'd love to spend some time stretching towards the sky with little ole Dale Miller. He just seems like a swell guy no matter what everyone else says. And reaching for things high up is one of my specialties actually. So it would give me a good chance to brag about my length and show Dale what could've been.

Code:
ttttrivia

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 11:39 PM by JURT.)

Code:
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

Goalie roles don't exist, but they should. Obviously, there can't be as many as player roles, but it would still improve the goalie experience very much. I'd see four roles : Technician (relies on positioning and technique), Instinctive (relies on instinct and acrobatics), Aggressive (relies on defying the shooter), and Third Defenseman (great at handling the puck behind the net). Here are the attributes:

Technician :
Key : Positioning
Important : Recovery, Blocker, Rebound, Glove, Low Shots

Instinctive:
Key : Reflexes
Important : Recovery, Goaltender Stamina, Skating, Mental Toughness

Aggressive :
Key : Poke Check
Important : Positioning, Rebound, Recovery, Skating, Mental Toughness

Third Defensman
Key : Puckhandling
Important : Skating, Passing, Mental Toughness, Goalie Stamina, Reflexes

Code:

Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay has always been known as a charitable and decent human being. While he was in Colorado, he gave countless hours to just as many charities. One must admit that there isn't much else to do in that state, aside from looking for fossils and smoking weed. However, coming to Chicago had an incredibly negative impact on the young hockey player. First, it's a much more living city, and JURT started using his free time to partake in less edifying endeavors such as watching paint dry, watching grass grow, and worst of all playing curling. Then, he started hanging more and more with his teammates, who are mostly NL alums and therefore not good people. They incited JURT into some pretty shady stuff, but he got caught and now has to do community service. That's how JURT went back to spending his time working with a charity, Mothers Against Public Urination, although this time he does not do so voluntarily.

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

Rookie of the year
Probably Rotticus Scott
Only noms for me

I'M J-U-R-T
I play for the Syndicate
I have won the Cup

Code:

The answer to this one is obvious to anyone who paid even slightly attention to the SMJHL this season. The Québec City Citadelles were utterly dominant, finishing with 15 points more than the second team in the league. Led by the first player in the league in both goalscoring and points, Zdenko Beranek, they lost only 8 games, while the following team had 16 losses. Their goal differential and their win percentage are both above the charts. Yet, they somehow failed in the playoffs, reaching the semi-finals but not being able to go to the end. Credit where it's due, Anchorage played well in that series, but Québec definitely deserved a spot in the finals.

Code:

The series MVP is without a doubt the incredible Chicago Syndicate goalie, Tibuk Soonika. It is no secret that while offense wins games, defence wins championships, and the backbone of every defence is its goalie. After a rough first game, the masked man from the Syndicate stood tall and kept his team in the game every night. Game after game, period after period, he stood tall to stop a lot of high-danger chances from the Hamilton Steelhawks. His teammates were able to capitalize on their own high-danger chances, but the Steelhawks have had more of those and Soonika's play is a big reason why they still couldn't score as much despite that high-danger chances difference.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

championturle

Code:
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay, or littleJurtXXX, is creating a very niche OnlyFans for a very specific kind of people. Although it would not be considered "sexual" by most people, it is created with a truly erotic intention. Starting from an early age, JURT always had a weird obsession for taking pictures of his lower-back with his lower-back hair combed in very intricate and artsy shapes. For a long time, he kept his peculiar passion for himself, as a hobby more than anything else. Everything changed this season, when his teammates Corey Kennedy and Parker Smeb decided to pull a prank on the rookie by stealing his phone. Careless JURT never had a password and so the two veterans decided it would be a way better prank to leak his weird back photos instead of editing his autocorrect to replace the coach's name with "butt". To everyone's surprises, some people reacted positively and quite graphically to these picks, and JURT needed the money so he decided to make an OnlyFans out of it.

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 12:13 AM by teztify.)

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

Chicago is my
Kind of town, Chicago is
Challenge Cup winners

Lassi Suhonen
Won a Challenge Cup before
His rookie season

Tez goes for a walk
Berserkers watch through Discord
Does he get kidnapped?

Pat orders pizza
Tez says, enjoy your pizza
Patty says, "you too"

Code:

The best team in the SMJHL to not make the Four Star Cup Finals was clearly the Newfoundland Berserkers. Yes, yes, I know - they finished last in the entire league. They got outshot and outscored and outplayed for most of the season. But the Newfoundland Berserkers played with a hell of a lot of heart. They played with passion, ferocity, love, care, tenderness, kindness, ambivalence, and omnipotence. They left it all out on the ice, and when it mattered the most they showed up and eliminated the Maine Timber and gave the Quebec City Citadelles a run for their money. Captain Lassi Suhonen couldn't be more proud of his boys.

Code:
SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

When looking at comparable players between the SHL and NHL, there are many things to consider. For example, the talent level of the player, their play-style, their contract, their legacy, etc. A common comparison would be between players who are used similarly - either in similar roles or who play similar minutes. Far less common, though, are comparisons between players who don't play at all. This is where Lassi Suhonen of the Chicago Syndicate comes in. Suhonen managed to etch his name on the Challenge Cup before ever playing a game during this season's Finals, and for that reason he is comparable to NHL player Michael Frolik. Sure, I hear you. Frolik is much older. He has had much more success in his career. He is better looking. He makes much more money (the conversion from SHLD to USD isn't great). But what you're ignoring is that he hasn't played a game this season for the Montreal Canadiens, making him very similar to Lassi Suhonen. The similarities between the way these players have played on the ice this season are shocking, and we'll see if they can keep it up.

Code:

The S57 Challenge Cup finals turned out to be a very competitive affair. Well, not that competitive - the Chicago Syndicate eliminated Hamilton in just 5 games en route to the first Challenge Cup in franchise history. The player most valuable to them, who they couldn't have done it without, is goaltender Tibuk Soonika. After being shelled in several of their games throughout the finals (and the playoffs leading up to it), Soonika stood tall and guarded his net ruthlessly, ensuring that his team always had a chance. A veteran and locker room leader, "Tib" was clearly the most important player on the ice. An honourable mention goes out to Patric Twist, though, who was chosen in the expansion draft - we couldn't possibly have done this with you.

Code:

beefyoshi

12/16

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

This season was always gonna be a tougher one for Jonas as the Newfoundland berserkers were not the powerhouse team that they have been in previous seasons. Jonas was looked to a lot to carry the play and rive the offence from the back end which I think he did really well. Due to the greenness of the lineup, with a ton of rookies joining the team, the finishing of the chances Jonas created was not the greatest, as can be seen by the lower PDO of 97.7. With the new 66 game season Jonas finished with 17 goals and 28 assists for 45 points, which is a strong showing for a defenceman. He played a ton of minutes, averaging 24:15 minutes per game, which was I believe 2nd amongst all defencemen in the league only to his linemate Souppan. Getting stamina up to 14 definitely helped jonas this season with all the minutes he was playing. Next season if in the J, I hope Jonas can surpass 50 points with an even better team around him.

wc:179

This is a new goalie role called the sweeper keeper. Those who watch a lot of soccer will be familiar with this term. The role basically describes a goalie who almost acts as a 3rd defenceman when it comes to playing the puck out of their zone, starting breakouts and recycling possession. Imagine Marty Brodeur but way more aggressive. The attributes that would be important for this role would be positioning, passing, puckhandling and skating. Positioning would help with being in position to play the puck from further out of the net. Passing is pretty obvious, puckhandling is definitely needed as you'll be controlling the puck a lot more, and skating to be able to skate around quickly to fetch pucks.

wc: 121

I think for the SMJHL the obvious answer would have to be the Quebec City Citadelles. with 107 Points they dominated the regular season, finishing 15 points ahead of the next best team. They were the best team in the league for the regular season by a country mile. It was really surprising when they did not make the finals of the 4 star cup, instead being outed in the semi-finals by the eventual champions in Anchorage. Anchorage were in 2nd so it may not have seemed like as much of an upset but they were a fairly distant 2nd was the thing. Also It is pretty silly that 1st place in each division are meeting in the semi-finals but whatever!

wc: 121

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

I think Hamilton would have had the advantage in the series knowing that they were the top team in the league during the regular season and also knowing that they are the defending champions. As well, Hamilton were a much more dominant side on their route to the finals than Chicago was. As we can see, all of that meant nothing as Hamilton got clapped in 5. (wc:67)

I think Hamilton has the higher skilled players for their powerplay. Scarn setting things up and players like Dick Clapper, Theo Morgan, Aaron Wilson and then Gabe Johnson at the point, it's gonna be tough to beat that lineup. As for the penalty kill I honestly don't know who would have the better unit, but since I think Hamilton has the better powerplay, I guess that means Chicago's will do worse. (wc:71)

I prefer the colours of Hamilton. I really like the combination of grey and blue, I think it looks pretty sick. Im not sure what a steelhawk is but that also sounds pretty good, and they are based in a gud canadian town so that is also a plus in my eyes. (wc:52)

Well, I don't play league and im not very interested in playing it so probably not that. reaching for objects on high shelves sounds pretty boring. Hugh Jazz sounds like he would be good at dancing, and in extension good at lap dancing so we'll go with that first option for a good time. (wc:54)

Welp I didn't wait till the very last day to grind out my CW and the finals only finished this morning. Chicago won and screwed me out of some tpe but I guess that's my fault for not picking them. I would have to say that the series MVP has gotta go to Connolly who led the Chicago Syndicate in points during the series. Honourable mention to the young Ryuuji Minamino who was able to produce well during the entire playoff run for such a young player, finishing 3rd on the team in goals for the playoffs. (wc:97)

VW: Wheeler

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar