Create Account

Why I will play for your team. Somewhat explained [Double Media Week]

Quote:1432 words 2x draft bonus

It has been a while since I was a part of the SMJHL and there have been so many changes sicne. A bunch of new teams and a bunch of teams who have since relocated and rebranded. I think the last team rework I was a part of was the Militia leaving Montreal and moving to Carolina to become the Kraken.

With the draft coming up I figured I would release a 'team ranking atricle of sorts'. I always enjoyed reading these and I do not think I ever made one myself. In this article I will create some kind of ranking without it actually being a ranking. As hard as it may be to believe I really do not have strong feelings to where I want to be drafted in this draft. I have had some great talks with GMs and while I would love to hit up some of those teams who have showed interest in me, at the end of the day I do not really care to much.

I might have a little more to say on some franchise then others, as I have more history with one franchise.

Anaheim Outlaws Outlaws

Well first of all their brand spanking new GM is Ace and we go all the way back to NEW where he became the GM when I was there with Rafe Ulrich. So honestly Ace should be weary drafting me as I already went inactive on him once lmao. However I have called Kawashima my redemption arc to write what I did wrong with Ulrich, so I would say no fear Ace I am here for real.

Why I would like to play for the Outlaws? First of all, their logo is dope. We have a Outlaws team in the ISFL, but that logo is just a boring masked man. This logo is a masked rabbit, that is so much cooler. Giddy up cowboys. Looking at their roster page they have room for Kawashima to come in and plug the 4th line, while he develops to become the future first line center.

Anchorage Armada Armada

Hey who does not want to play for the champions. Not me that is for sure. Plug me on that 4th line and let us go for the repeat is what I would say. The team also has my home boy Jepox on it and I love that guy.

Carolina Kraken Kraken

Oke honest time for a second. I remember when this rebrand got announced and I was fuckin pissed. I had played for Montreal with my previous two players and I had a strong tie with the Montreal brand. So when the relocate and rebranding got released I was very displeased and in total effiencient protest left the discord locker room.

While I will always miss Montreal, I no longer have strong feelings against the team and its branding. I had some nice talks with people invovled in the Kraken organisaton and would love to come back and represent the franchise who already drafted me twice. Also bonus points for being an orange team (fuck OCO though amirite).

Colorado Raptors Raptors

The raptors are where I spent my DFA season when I returned to the league after the trade deadline. We played some exciting hockey going like 3-20 the moment I joined the team, so that was a great omen that my player is cursed. However we made a big comeback and scored a bye in the playoffs. To bad we instantly got knocked out in our first playoff series.

If the Raptors were impressed with me, I would totally be down to come back to the Raptors. Sorry for being a bit quite in the locker room in as our offseason rolled around.

Detroit Falcons Falcons

Hey the first of the original franchise I know. First of all love the new logo you guys have. I remember the old one and it looked like a very dissatisfied falcon, this one is fiery and powerful. The Falco's seem pretty full at center for now, so that might explain why I do not think I have heard from them yet. That is oke though. Just means I can put y'all on full blast and get some money for it.

Kelowna Knights Knights

Ah the one other SMJHL franchise I played for like half a season. Back with Rafe Ulrich I got traded to Kelowna in my third and final season if I am not mistaken. Time to continue the knighthood with Kawashima? The knights are also an original franchise from the time I joined the league. Kelowna was always a great place it seemed, a ton of great people I know in the site came through Kelowna. Also no I did not know Kelowna was a city before joining the league.

Maine Timber Timber

The timber is a team I am never sure if they joined through an expansion or were a rabrand. However I am also to lazy to look it all up so my bad. Looking at the rooster I see that they would have room for Kawashima to slot in at even if the 3rd line if I am not mistaken. Timber is a pretty nice branding.

Nevada Battleborn Battleborn

Real time, this might be my favourite brand in the league. I heard from Noka that they are looking to replace the logo to an original design so they can use it for commercial purposes, which is sad cuz I love the ram as he is now, but I know Noka can create a great logo or commish a great one if he wants to go that route.

I have a soft spot for Ram based sports teams. The LA Rams are my 2nd NFL team and my current ISFL player came from the Colorado State University who ofcourse have a Ram brand. So Nevada might have to be my favourite potential destination based on branding, because it is very good. They might not have room for a center which is sad, but they will remain my favourites even if I do not get drafted there.

Newfoundland Berserkers
Berserkers

The Berserkers are high on my draft list. I have had great talks with the gms and even accidently sent one a comic which was meant for someone else, so we kinda got a connection going on ya know. Just now while writing this article I had a look at the logo in it's full form and I feel like an idiot for thinking the logo was a grim reaper. Now all I can think of is combinding the Bersekers and Timber, because it would work so well. Anyways red, grey and black are solid colours and y'all know how I feel drafted to the Beserkers.

Quebec City Citadelles Citadelles

Oke I see you Evok, first the Montreal Royals and now the Quebec City Citadelles, I see what you are about. The owl is fuckin cute and imagine a Raven playing for the Owls. I approve of it. The Citadelles are a new team and they completely spanked the juniors this season getting close to 50 wins. The team has to be stacked if I didnt know any better. Some great people on the team, I see my ISFL GM Sidd on the squad, my boy Storm is also a citadelles, ISFL legend Iamslm on the squad and many others.

St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows

Two more teams to go and they are both original franchises for me. The Scarecrows are rocking a brand spanking new logo. I like this new logo, it's a little more grim and less goofy then the old scarecrow looked. I will make the joke and say that the logo is suppost to be scaring me away I love the irony of me being on the scarecrows.

Vancouver Whalers Whalers

The only real connect to the Whalers I have is that one of my best mates created in the league and played for them before he went inactive. I might be misremembering, but I think this is also the last of the og logos for me. It is just such a timeless design. That will just be good forever. I love the vancouver colours.

There we go a little write up about all teams and why I would play for them. In most cases it is really based off the logo. This was all just for fun and to make a little money to keep Kawashima going. The redemption arc is happening.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart