Create Account

S58 PT #2 Payday!

Written task: Whether you were just drafted, you just made the plunge to the SHL, or you've been here forever, nothing is better than payday! What are you doing with the money you just earned for another season of playing hockey? (150+ words)
Graphic task: Show some of the things you've done with your contract money.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Sunday, February 21st at 11:59PM ET

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

Gunnar has recently improved his spending habits and has been managing his money a lot better so he actually has a little spending money this year instead of trying to scrape pennies together to be able to buy coaching at the last possible minute at the end of the season. Since he is feeling a little more flush this year, he will be spending some of his money to actually buy the condo he has been living in, and immediately do a renovation of the kitchen. The kitchen is where Gunnar spends most of his time at home learning to cook new things and trying to get his teammates to come over and try the things for exclusive videos he posts on the internet. So he’s getting a beautiful new stove, a double oven, a brand new microwave, and new countertops and some really nice knives to chop stuff up with. He will also be purchasing some bespoke aprons with his name embroidered in them.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

PBE Affiliation

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

This is an easy answer, I'm saving up my contract money to buy my own Personal Coaching for the upcoming season. Unfortunately due to some bad contracts I've signed over my career (shout out to my agent), my bank account has been dwindling over these last few seasons. I haven't had to get a second job in the league yet thankfully, but that is going to change soon it looks like. So every cent from my Los Angeles Panthers contract goes right into the savings account, destined for my Personal Coaching. Without the Coaching my player would be severely hampered by regression as seen from my first week this season. So unfortunately I have to be a bit frugal with my SHL contract monies and save it for coaching and training. Maybe if Jimmy has some cash leftover he can invest in a self-driving car because he really does not enjoy driving around the Los Angeles freeways. That way he could nap on the way to practice and games instead of stressing out in traffic. That would be a worthwhile investment to take from the Coaching fund.

187 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 07:33 PM by yosh.)

Coming over from Russia with no guarantees of making it, Vaseline Podcalzone was very reluctant to spend his money, in fears of only lasting one season in the SMJHL before being cut and having to return to Russia. However, after getting drafted to the Seattle Argonauts and looking to have a future in North America, Podcalzone gradually became more free with his spending. The Honda Civic that he drove for the first few seasons in Newfoundland? Replaced with a nice sports car. The apartment that he rented out? Well, it’s a nice enough apartment and already costed a sizable amount, so that’s likely not changing.

With all of his newfound money, what could Podcalzone do? Invest in Bitcoin or GameStop? While it would be wise to invest some money, Podcalzone mainly keeps his money in the bank, but he certainly does offer a sizeable amount of his earnings to local charity, since it’s a just cause.

WC: 156

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

PT Pass

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

Ph

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Another six million on my account, another six million to keep training the upcoming season. Will it help? Probably not? Could I have spend it on more usefull stuff, oh definitly.
I could have bought some hedgefund stocks and be punished by the reddit community for it, I could have funded an impeachment campaign for a president that is no longer there anyway, or i could have bought some donuts for it and hand it out to policemen on their patrol. Would any of it matter? Nope, but neither does training here.

Vorian Atreides is just burned out and can't wait for finally having a great season, but this year is not the year, so all the money he spent of this payday, it's once again worthless. I would be better of saving all of it for a new player and try from scratch, as currently nothing what he does matters. Hope the rest of you all is enjoying the money better as Atreides is, as he might be the most negative guy around at this point.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Just add it to the bank account for now. As season began I was sitting at about 8.3 million (after buying my 8.5 million training for the season) which should be enough to cover my weekly training for the year or at least most of it. I plan to earn some more money with graphics and potentially some draft related media this coming off-season. The off season before last I did a ton of media to earn a nice cushion in the bank account allow me to relax a little bit on my money earning. But if I want to continue earning at a high rate I will need to start preparing for the following season as my funds are starting to empty out a big. Definitely not time to panic but we need to start making some more money. I took a smaller contract to help out my Manhattan lads and hopefully next seasons contract rewards that a bit.

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 05:20 PM by _Blitz_.)

Between player and GM pay, Danny's actually got a little extra cash in the bank this season after paying for coaching.

Danny's been looking at stock options and retirement plans a little bit. He's also checking out real estate in Toronto, having signed a deal to keep himself with the North Stars until S61. Part of it is that Danny's granddad is always keen to remind him that the SHL doesn't come with a 401K. The other part is that since he's now in his mid 20s, Danny is starting to get the "When are you going to bring somebody home for Thanksgiving?" line from his parents. It doesn't help that Nicole's almost finished at Syracuse and seems pretty serious with the guy she's dating. Danny figures that starting to secure finances and pay a mortgage will get his family to lay off of him a bit, even if his friends all swear it's a good way to encourage it. No commitments yet, except against hedge funds and brokerage accounts. If he does any investing, he'd like it to be on his own intuition and research. He's been looking at houses and townhomes in the Old Toronto and Cabbagetown neighborhoods, but hasn't found one that he wants to buy yet. Maybe next season he'll have a better idea of what he's looking for.

The thing Danny has committed to is buying a car. He's picked out a Porsche 911 Carrera S, and tricked it out with a yellow exterior, black leather interior, and red trims; Scarecrow colors. It should be arriving in Toronto some time next month and he's looking forward to it. The guys in Toronto will probably chirp him a bit for it being uncharacteristically flashy, but the Crows'll love it when he drives out to games in Detroit and Quebec City, or down to St. Louis in the post-season.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Being that he is undoubtedly one of the most charismatic, attention grabbing and intriguing players in the league, Kaarlo Kekkonen isn't someone who puts that much value in the paycheck that the Renegades give him because he makes so much money from his endorsements and business ventures. Earning a measly $4 million dollars per year from the team, he chooses each year to spend it on new investments and properties for him to own, while everything else that he spends money on is taken directly from the money he makes elsewhere. This season, Kaarlo wanted to really get down to the core of what it means to live in Texas, and so decided to invest in a 200 acre ranch. The ranch will be a place for Kaarlo to kick back and learn a little bit more about what life is like in the state outside of the cities, which he's very excited for. He's also looking at buying up some land in Asia for a business opportunity too, but I'm sure you're going to hear all about that one in the news very soon so keep an eye out.

Code:
190 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 02:12 PM by dogwoodmaple.)

The most important thing is to give back to your local communities.  Whether it's the Maine HQ in Portland, the Steelhawks in Hamilton, or my home town of Atlanta, Georgia, I plan on reinvesting money into education, after school programs, and youth sports initiatives.  Not just to help grow the sport of hockey, but to try and make a difference in as many young lives as I can.  We've bless with this wonderful opportunity to play a game we all love so much and we're handsomely rewarded for doing so.  If we're not willing to help contribute to the next generation, then we're just wasting a gift that so many would kill for.  Too many young people across North America struggle with poverty, access to education, and ability to simply be kids by playing in local sports leagues.  If I can do my part and change just one life, all of the millions of dollars invested would be worth it.  That's why I'm donating half my salary this season to youth initiatives in the three cities that I have called home, currently call home, or will call home.  We have an opportunity to build for the future and I will not waste that chance.  I'm also using some of my salary this season to start Dogwood Delivers LLC which is a meal service for our most impoverished youth in Hamilton.  We deliver meals to those who either don't have access to healthy food or those who have had to switch to virtual learning during the pandemic.  Many of those students relied on school lunches for sustenance and that is no longer an option during the COVID-19 pandemic.  Our goal is to provide at least one meal every day to students who need it and build this program into a nationwide hunger-awareness program.  This is just one small step, but we have to start somewhere!

314 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Darrow took a bit of a haircut this season, seeing his 6 million from S57 dropping to a team-friendly HTD contract of $4 million. Last season, Darrow, for the first time in his life, purchased a home, cementing his interest in laying roots in the Seattle area. An insignificant amount of money will go toward his mortgage and such (gotta pay your bills!) Darrow’s also part of three different book-of-the-month subscriptions (meaning there is a constant flow of new books into his home).

Beyond that, Darrow invited the team’s rookies and new additions—Dee Centerman IV, Sabo Tage, Gabe Johnson, and Reid Sutherland—to his home for a “welcome to Seattle” dinner of fine aged steaks, and a variety of sides, beverages, and a German chocolate cake for dessert. Darrow loves cooking, and as the vet, he wanted to set the tempo for the new additions to the team.

Some of that money will also go to his ongoing relationship and support of The Lambert House, a community center for LGBTQ youth in Seattle. He will make a donation to help continue to support and expand their outreach programming. He no doubt will also make a donation to Asexual Outreach, a national organization that helps create community and education around ace/aro identities.

@grok @reid @Gwdjohnson any requests for dinner?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I am in a position I have never been in for my entire life in that I have piles of money. There is only one good way to spend money, and that is on performance enhancing drugs. TPE might be a good alternative but its way too expensive. A million for 5 TPE and you can only buy it once a week? I can get some PEDs for a few grand and I can buy as much as I want. I can also do a healthy bit of doping to get that extra little boost, so that come gametime I will be unstoppable. I don't stop at PEDs though, all forms of drugs are available and there is no reason I should limit myself to drugs that make my body work better. I can buy drugs that make my body work worse as well. For this reason, I recommend buying all of the drugs possible once you have a lot of money.

[Image: pub?w=620&h=349]
[Image: pub?w=1816&h=100]