Create Account

NEW INDEX!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 03:58 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

EDIT: for bug reports follow this link: https://gitreports.com/issue/esilverm/shl-index-ui/

As you all know we've been hard at work developing a new index for the SHL, back before S53 we had hoped to have something great to present the raw data that is exported from FHM, but when we neared the season start we had nothing and I used my ancient coding experience to whip together something that could show us how our teams and players were doing without having to look at the game or streams. Unfortunately using my 15ish year old knowledge of PHP I managed to make something that worked, but was not fast or good.

Fast forward a couple seasons and @esilverm pops into the Dev discord offering to make something better. Evan did a ton last year to get the groundwork together and give us all a basis for a new index to work off of. His real life work got busy near the end of 2020 and I was worried we may not be able to finish the index without him. That's when @kenvald stepped up and started pitching in to help on the front end. I also decided to teach myself NodeJS, Typescript, and React, which I still suck at, but am slowly figuring it out with Ken and Evan's help. Evan is still contributing but with Ken and I helping on the API and front end we've managed to get the index to a place where we can start using it. I should also mention that we had a lot of assistance from @grok on the mysql side of things, he helped improve the way we import data and organize the data to make the new index way more efficiently. I also wanted to thank @luketd for coming on as a bit of a consultant/project manager of sorts. He helped keep people working on the index and pushed people to get us closer and closer to a working product.

So without further ado, I'd like to present the new and improved SHL index:

https://index.simulationhockey.com/

Feel free to look around yourself, some areas are still a work in progress and we have a ton of plans to add more to it, but I'll get into that shortly. First I'd like to give a few screenshots to sort of guide everyone through it.

The landing page for the index is just a league selection screen:
[Image: NCEki68.png]

After selecting the league you'll be brought to a home page for that league that currently features an embedded youtube video, which is meant to be the latest sim, but this has been a bit tricky with different simmers using different youtube channels or using the same youtube for different leagues. There is also an issue if a sim just happened, if the youtube video isn't available yet it will say the video isn't enabled for embedding, basically 2ish hours later it'll work fine again. One other thing to mention is that the blank space on the right will eventually be used for a quick leaderboard for players and goalies:
[Image: pmitpjf.png]

You probably will notice in the above screenshot that there is a banner across the top with game scores. These are clickable but right now they don't go anywhere. We are working on that. Another area that isn't ready yet is the Leaders tab. In the Team section you can pick any team to see the stats and advanced stats for all the players on that team:
[Image: fTU3h1B.png]

Here is a view of the individual team screen, when on this screen the games shown along the top bar will only be games that team played:
[Image: hpMELez.png]

The standings page can show league, conference, or division standings along with the team stats that we have in the csvs:
[Image: Z0S5DTA.png]

The schedules page can be filtered by team:
[Image: BmPukO6.png]

The Players screen will change over time, but for now it's just a list of all player ratings, eventually each player will link to a player specific page that shows their career stats and such:
[Image: QWMmls6.png]

So that's it for the virtual tour. Now for the bad news!

Boxscores... So we had skeleton_sex_party make us a great parser that could read a play by play file and spit out some individual stats. It works, but is extremely slow. We tried to automate reading these files and putting them into a format which we could use in the database, but it killed the server, basically our server can't handle the cpu and memory draw that came from running the parser against uploaded pbp files. We are still looking at ways to make this work, but reading thousands and thousands of lines over and over is just way too slow to be workable. If we can't find a way to make this work it may have to wait for FHM7 which includes boxscore exports (or FHM8, which I assume will also include them).

As mentioned earlier we are working on new features that will be added as they are done, here are some of the features we are working on:
- Leaderboards
- Player Search
- GWG/Faceoff Stats for players
- Showing actual rookies and rookies leaderboard
- Game Previews (compare team records, top scorers, that sort of thing)
- Player Pages and Career Player Stats
- Franchise/Team Stats (all time)
- Linkage to Bojobox DB so we have all seasons in one place

This is not an exhaustive list, and we are always open to suggestions. Please pm me if you have other suggestions or if you find bugs.

Again, I'd like to thank the key contributors to this project:
@esilverm
@kenvald
@grok
@luketd

PS: There is a known bug with IIHF S55, switching to season 55 causes an error, we are working on it.

EDIT: I forgot about the API!!!!

We have an API for all the data we use, it's way more efficient than parsing front end pages so please use it, here's a link to the doc on how to use it:
https://index.simulationhockey.com/api

I need to update this doc for all the new endpoints we've added, but feel free to start using it now.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

OH SHIT OH FUCK IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

efiug

Applied

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT ITS HAPPENING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

OMGOMGOMGOMG

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

@Slappydoodle

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

That’s the best Index in any league I’ve been in.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

we don't deserve this

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

This shit is pog

I assume IIHF logos are placeholders? :eyes:

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

wow this is amazing great work guys!

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

POGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

OKAY NOW THIS IS EPIC

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 02:14 PM by JURT.)

Me in five hours.

[Image: nv6k5lrit1l51.jpg]

[Image: lespoils.gif]