Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

Ethan Duncan likes to spend his days off playing video games. He’s a massive nerd and he tends to go for the games with a fair bit of replay value and the adventure type games that would get him hooked for weeks if he wasn’t so busy with hockey. Lately, he’s been playing a bunch of Crusader Kings, but also has been going through some of the Total War games.

When he gets the chance, he also likes to catch up with friends and family. He’s from a small town on the outskirts of Northern Virginia, so about a four hour or so trip from Baltimore and visits his parents when he gets the chance. He gets to play with their dog, enjoy the wide open outdoors, and chat about their lives as well as share his latest stories around the SHL. It’s a nice change of pace being back in his rural hometown compared to being in the city.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

My hockey free day is comprised of coffee, working out, a light walk and reading a book. I know, it may sound kind of boring but that is just how I roll when I need a day to decompress. I would wake up, throw on my joggers and head to a local cafe to get a fresh cup of coffee and a breakfast burrito and then I would head outside and sit down and enjoy while people watching. From there I would head back to my home gym and get in a light workout, probably lots of stretching and mobility work while also doing maintenance work on my squat and deadlift. After a quick shower I'd probably head to the local park for a brisk little walk in the woods and then find a nice park bench and sit down and read a good book for a little bit. All the better if it is a cool, cloudy day where I have to wear a light jacket to stay warm.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

I can already tell you what I would do for my hockey free day. Gudmundur Kristjansson would definitely stay in his pyjamas all day in his home, watching Netflix, catching up on his gaming and chatting with friends while sipping on some whisky all day. In the evening he would tune into watching some trash television, or playing some drunk league of legends, or another party game with his teammates and friends. Kristjansson wouldn’t really be the type to go out and party, would for sure prefer the comfort of his own home, and prefers to veg out rather than go out an about on a day off. I can guarantee Ethan Price @Zomp would be over though, as things would get wild pretty quickly with both of the being drunk after a day of enjoyment. I also forgot to mention that he would make nachos for the night and order food to his Boston condo to compliment the drinking he would be doing, coach might not be happy.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Esa Parmborg's day off consists of a lot of napping and eating. He plays the game hard so he needs these days off to recover and replenish his system. He sleeps in until about noon, then he eats a giant breakfast consisting of 8 eggs, a pound of bacon, home fries, sourdough toast and a fruit cup so he feels like he ate healthy. After breakfast he plays NHL 16' for PS3 because that's the latest version he has and he has not sprung for a PS4 yet despite making 4-6M a year in salary. After that he takes a nap until about 4pm, then awakes and begins to eat again. We'll call this "lunch" he has his personal chef 'Mario Lasagna' from Italy make him a tray of chicken parm using all the best ingredients which consists of about 6 chicken cutlets. Parmborg dominates these cutlets, all 6 of them for lunch, he eats some straight up over pasta and puts some on a roll and makes sandwiches. After this he digests and watches some game film before calling over his gumads. After some personal time with his 2 favorite women he takes another nap until about 9pm. Now it's time for "Dinner" and he has Mario make him meatballs over pasta and leaves roughly 6-10 meatballs on the side to be made into meatball parm grinders. He falls asleep at about midnight. It's been a good day of napping and eating with a little extra curricular activities mixed in for good measure. Parmborg is now well rested and ready to beat edmonton the next day.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Well the first thing Leonids Balzams would do on his day off would be to sleep in. Everyone loves sleep and Balzams is no exception. After sleeping in, he would probably think about what he wanted to eat as he relaxed watching some TV. Once he decided what the meal of the day was going to be, he would have it delivered to his house. On his day off, the amount of work Leonids planned to do was zero, including making food. After his lunch or breakfast, depending on when he woke up, Balzams would then go for a walk and explore any parts of Boston he has not seen yet. Once he was satisfied with that he would continue to relax by watching any sports that are on the TV in the evening. Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, it didn't matter to him. On his day off Leonids planned to do absolutely nothing productive.

153 words

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Six days of no hockey. It would probably start with a metric shit ton of weed. Like more than I could possibly need for six days. Firmly plant my ass on the couch and start ripping bong load after bong load.

But seriously I’d probably do some shopping catch up on some tv or movies. Maybe throw a party. I imagine in this simulation world there’s no covid so I can throw a huge blow out. With sideshow performers, games, drinks, all that weed I have for the week, maybe some cocaine and acid. It would be a fun week. I could one hundred percent cyberpunk 2077, or start a new Skyrim.

Guess my point is the sky is the limit, and then when you hit the limit is when you hand out the acid. That’s when the shit gets real. There’s no hiding from one hundred people out of their minds on lsd. I would need at least a couple days to get back to reality. So this couldn’t happen any later than day four. I’ll have to keep that in mind...

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

After a long week of playing hockey in real life, Tomas likes to spend his day off relaxing and playing hockey in his virtual world. Some of the other players in the league have started up a fantasy draft tournament where you control one team each and draft fellow players from the SMJHL. The players in the game will then update their ratings based on their progress in the regular season and each Sunday they face off against each other in the FB Sports SHL 2021. Tomas has been managing his hometown team of Luleå Hockey but with players such as Boris Petrov, Mew Two, Iorek Byrnisson and Granny Pan Pan and has been doing really well so far, hanging on in the top of the Eastern Conference. This weekend will mark the midway point of the regular season and Tomas will prepare to hold back the push from the closest player in his division, his fellow Kraken Jimmy Jimmy.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

On my day off from playing hockey I typically like to go for a nice body-restorative swim in a river. I don't know what it is (because i am just a regular normal human guy) but there's something about a river that feels like home to me. When I go down to the river, I like to hang out with a group of my favorite homies. I used to love the rivers in alaska, they had lots of coldwater fish for me to eat while I was swimming in said river. New England was great for riverfishing too; I had to go a decent ways away from the stadium in boston but plenty of nice rivers up there. Now in atlanta, the rivers are a bit worse, they're less plentiful and more swampy. these aren't my favorite kind of rivers tbh. but it's still better than land and ice so these days on my off day i'll go hit the swamp for a swampy bask and see what kind of creatures i can encounter.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Damn this might be one of the easiest things and the easiest point tasks to answer. Not only do I do these on my day off in the SHL but I wish I would be able to do them right now and all the time in the real world. But working out at the gym and playing golf are like my biggest hobbies and pass times and would love to be able to do them as much as possible. Obviously working out is a little different because you need your rest and your recovery in order to see the improvements you need. But the satisfaction from lifting heavy weight, seeing your body going through positive changes and even just the escape from the real world and the mental health benefits is amazing for yourself.
And then you have golf. Where, I am from Canada, so I do not get to do it all year around but when I get the chance, I fully take advantage. One of the toughest sports in the world, but spending a good 4 hours with the boys and even spending it outdoors makes for enjoyable moments.

So yeah, Weightlifting and Golf would be the best ways to spend the days off

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 01:16 PM by DELIRIVM.)

Daniil would definitely take his day off to take in a musical performance. With the world opening up a bit more due to vaccinations, the option to visit a live musical performance is too much for Daniil to pass up. So packing into his Range Rover, Daniil heads out to see JPEGMafia and Denzel Curry deep in Baltimore. He'd bring with a few of his teammates that would be interested in the performance. Namely fellow countrymen Valentin Kalashnikov and Ivan Maximus, as well as Karl Krashwagen, simply so that he can talk for the three and it doesn't seem like a KGB operation at the performance. Nik and his group would get into the performance quite a lot, as he knew quite a few of the lyrics to JPEG and Curry's songs. Afterward they would stop at a greasy American spoon type of recipe and get something unhealthy to eat after getting a bit drunk at the concert. 

[158 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Finaly a day off for which i havent planed a lot just mostly chilling and enjoying some free time
I get up early in the morning and start my computer to play some games. Maybe some stardew valley with my roommate or some vallheim with my teammates! Then at 11 i will start preping to cook something because cooking is a big hobby of mine! My gf will come over to eat with me and spend the afternoon with me. We head out for a stroll and eat some ice cream in the city of Toronto. Maybe go to the zoo and visit some animals. After the visit to the zoo we head out to eat dinner at a fancy restaurant to end the day with a great meal! When we get home we will watch a movie or a nice series. Currently we are watching the falcon and the winter soldier or friends, if it's a movie we will probably watch some mcu movie or anything funny!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Hockey free day, a day of no hockey what so ever. They say you shouldn't be exercising every single day, and need to get some rest in every once in a while. But those people are wrong! There is ALWAYS something you can do to get better! So my "off-day" was spent watching tape of my old matches to spot things I can improve on, getting some shots in on the shooting ramp and take a long walk in a nearby trail (around Boston?).

But outside of that, I of course took some time to make sure that I have a nice dinner I can enjoy in the evening. A nice steak with a side of something potatoes, a nice sauce with a sallad. Both preparing it and getting a chance at eating it is something you don't get to do very often with our profession. So, you know... A day off was actually kind of nice.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Here is an outline of my day off.

9 AM: I wake up. Slept in a little but not too much because too much sleep isn't good for your body. Check my phone, go through social media and get ready.

10 - 10:30: A light cardio workout just to keep the legs good. Not too much since we workout every day.

10:45-11: Have a breakfast. Eggs for sure as well as some fruit and probably turkey sausage.

12 - 4: Golf. I love golf and it is something I have taken pride in trying to master. I like to fit in one or two rounds in a week depending on schedule.

5-7: Hang with the boys after golf, have a few drinks, grab dinner and then head home.

8-10: Play video games or watch some netflix dependant on mood. Most likely playing Warzone with the boys.

10 PM: Get ready for sleep since we usually have an early practice or a morning skate before game day. Being well rested but not too rested is vital to an athlete's success.

That is how I spend my day.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Whenever Henrik isn't out on the ice, practicing or at the gym he really enjoys just taking the time to do things slowly. He usually puts his phone away whenever he knows we will have a couple of days off, just to help unwind. Generally getting rid of anything that causes stress or tells you the time is a good start for him. Say in this example he has a week off. He would most likely spend most of, if not all of, that week hiking if it was at all possible. The great outdoors is the place to be when you want to relax and reflect. He may still think about hockey, or how he can improve, or plays he has made and what he could have done better but doing them in that setting and having the time to go over them thoroughly in your mind without being bombarded by other information is a great way to improve yourself. So thats likely what he would be doing.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

9 to 5? Try a morning skate, then video sessions, with a game that night. Then a 5+ hour plane ride to cap it all off. If it wasn't for the millions of dollars, adoration by the fans, pampering by the team, playing the game that you love, and all of the glory, it would be miserable to be a professional hockey player. Fortunately, the one thing that we do get is the occasional day off (Not including the off-season during the summer so we can do whatever we want all summer long). As soon as I get one of the precious mid-season days off, I spend it working out and thinking about the next game. So I guess I don't really get a day off. I suppose I usually make my own food on days off, seeing as I'm not at the rink where the team's nutritionists and chefs prepare us healthy and delicious food. So to recap, the day off is preparing for the next game and eating the garbage food that I prepared. Can't wait for retirement.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]