Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

On my days off and in the off season I spend time coaching football at university of Calgary just down the road from the big parm stadium. Having played football since a kid it was a tough choice when I graduated high school to have to choose between either pursuing football or hockey professionally. Even though I ended up choosing hockey over football I still trying to find ways to stay involved in the game. As a volunteer coach helping out train players at my old position at defensive back it provides me a way to connect with the community, work with student athletes where I was once in their shoes and it helps me take my mind off of my work with the Dragons and all the ups and down of the hockey season. Getting to throw the ball around and run drills with the players brings back a lot of nostalgia and childhood memories from on the football field which makes me really happy.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 02:05 PM by leviadan.)

Its been a while since old Burlok talked about a day on Sulfurgold farm, so this might be the perfect place to do it.

Any time Burlok has been away from the farm for more than 48 hours, we all know he has to integrate himself with the soil before he will be allowed to enter his home. The sad thing is that he must lie nude in the dirt for 24 straight hours in order to be welcomed. So this pretty much eats up his day off. HOWEVER, for the sake of this PT, let's say he was able to get home really fast after game day, and somehow got his bare ass in that dirt almost immediately upon landing in Germany. That way he's acclimated by around 5PM on his day off? There's still a lot of time for relaxation!

First things first-- a big wet bowl of potato soup! And when I say big, I mean big. That's a 6L jug of steaming potato soup. So assuming we're in the house by 5 that jug is done by 7? Shit... game is tomorrow at 3, and the flight is 9 hours? Just getting back to the airport from the farm is another 2... then from the airport to the arena is 1. Damnit. OK, well that's Burlok's day off I guess! 24 hours naked in a field and 2 hours of the hottest and wettest German potato soup you can imagine. What a perfect day.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

With a rare day off, Chimkin Wing spends most of his days down at the dog tracks. Now that he’s in Buffalo, there’s plenty of dog and horse tracks to get some serious gambling done. On top of that, Buffalo has some of the cheapest methamphetamines in the entire country. The combination of betting on greyhounds and being spun out of his mind makes the day off go by quick, but it makes for one hell of an interesting day as well. After he loses all his contract money on dog races in the first ten minutes he’s there, Chimkin Wing likes to head over to the homeless camp under the bridge and pick fights. Nothing keeps you in top shape like fighting a homeless man who may or may not have a weapon on him. It truly is the ultimate exercise. Once the fights are over and there’s lifeless hobos everywhere, Chimkin Wing will usually find a nice park to fall asleep on the bench until his coach calls him wondering where he is.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

As an older player who has already sort of settled down, I'm happy for every chance I get to spend some time with my family, especially the kids who often times are in school or already in bed when I get home from practice or a game. It's rare to have the chance to spend some quality time with them during the season so for my day off, maybe just maybe I will find an excuse to get them a day off from school as well because I definitely heard one of them cough earlier! And then it's basically them calling the shots for the day, they get so little time with their dad so they should be able to choose how the want to spend those precious minutes, as long as it's not playing video games all day. So sometimes we spend the day doing fun things around the city and sometimes we just play outside and every time, the day is over way too quickly and I'm left looking forward to retirement a tiny bit more, when there will be a lot more of these!

Pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

pt pass

The Thing is, Vladmir Petrov does not know what a “Hockey Free Day” Is. He would easily probably still be doing the most he can to improve himself. Even if it is not with the team, and a scheduled off day. Vladmir Petrov would start his morning by hitting the local skating rink and getting some time in, just so he can keep pushing to be the greatest ever. He doesn’t always have to be working with stick play, but you don’t want to forget what it’s like to have the ice under you. After that, he would probably make some lunch and relax at home with his dogs. He would then of course go to the park, with said dogs, and work on hand eye coordination by throwing a ball off the wall, and making the dogs go for it as well. You always got to be quick and keen and ready for anything coming your way, and what’s worse then a dog trying to steal your tennis ball while bouncing it off the wall.

(176 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

When you have some time off from hockey, it's important that you get your mind away from hockey as well. For that reason, I have started a new hobby, I do bodypainting! I have noticed bodypainting is a great way to be in the moment, I don't have to think about anything as I look at myself from the mirror and paint various images on my body. Whatever I have painted so far is not great yet, but I'm learning.

I have been thinking about painting on someone else but because of the Covid, I don't want to take any risks.

I have also painted on paper, but that is quite boring and difficult. The empty white paper is scary sometimes. You spend more time thinking about what to paint than actually painting. With bodypainting its different, I don't know why exactly, but the inspiration hits me faster.

Otherwise I just relax. I like to cook my meals and clean the place, both are equally relaxing and offer me a way to take my mind away from hockey.

There are many things that Mat Smith does to pass the time between hockey games. First off he takes care of himself, doing workouts, he has a nice routine going with a three-day push/pull/legs split, and he eats lots - tries to track his macros to be half carbs, a quarter protein, and a quarter healthy fats. He can also be found hanging out with with friends and teammates, sharing a beer, or on particularly rowdy nights, doing shots. On quieter days off he plays video games like Rocket League and EA's SHL 21, and he always makes sure to give his dog plenty of walks, love, and treats. He's a huge, 100 pound Tibetan mastiff/golden retriever mix named Grapha, a stubborn but loving dog with a great personality, and a beautiful dark amber coat. All these things are just distractions though from the main thing that Mat Smith does on his days off from SHL hockey; sit around, waiting, counting the seconds until the next sim.
[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Igor Victory puts in a lot of work at the rink, practices, game days, physical training, watching videos, all of the things needed to be a competitive player in the league. However, on his days off, he loves to get out of Tampa Bay for a bit and head out on some fishing vessels and get some off coast fishing in. It's a great way to spend some time outdoors, enjoy the weather, and catch some amazing fish that he can take back and cook up for him and his teammates. Then he usually comes back, takes a nap for a bit and then invites some of the boys over to enjoy the freshly caught fish. He'll serve it up a few different ways if possible. Ceviche for those that enjoy it, and then generally grilled for the others who want to enjoy the nice delicate flavors of the super fresh fish that was recently caught.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

How will Mika spend her hockey free day? What a big question. We will start by waking up at 8 in the morning. It will be nice to sleep in for a change. Then down stairs to make a huge breakfast. Of waffles, eggs, bacon, and can’t forget the grits. Bring this sucker over to the couch where Mika will promptly chow down while watching the office. With no plans to move from the couch, it is only natural. Next thing she knows, it will be lunch time. She will find herself finally getting changed and off to the town. Head to the best bistro in town for a BLT. bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich. Add some avocado. Pair this with some sweet tea and off for some relaxing shopping and a massage. Buy a new outfit and change into that outfit cause you are feeling extra. Then back home after a massage. It’s dinner time where Mika cooks a nice medium rare steak with some asparagus. Paired with a glass of wine and back to the sofa for more of the office. Did I mention we are back in the pjs. What a great day off. Mika will head to bed promptly at 9pm so she can wake at 5 for the gym.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

There’s a quite a bit of stuff that Videl Valor does when she is not on the ice trying to correct her skills in the intense game that is hockey.
One of her go to activities is her YouTube channel, which is her primary activity outside of the games she plays. She mostly does a blog channel, but sometimes does a game or two, usually among us with Anaheim teammates, or sometimes Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, just grabbing people and eliminating them for no reason. Another activity that Videl does when she is out of the rink, is helping out local charities, like the boys and girls club of Anaheim. She donates frequently to that place, and even trains the kids to play hockey and sometimes offers tickets to Low income families to see her play. She also donates meals to the homeless, and even constructed a shelter for the homeless, when the the people Orange County needed it the most.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Outside of the hockey world, and from the performances Yan puts on on the ice, he has a secret passion that not many know about. He has taken up this hobby because people just won't STOP cutting it out. Yan really itches to have this time alone by himself, so on the mornings of days off, he will grab his trusty paint brush, the oversized can of red paint and head out in search of any messed up stop signs. Yan is as some would describe, an OCD maniac, and by simply touching up these signs, he feels a great wave of joy and relaxation come over him. Do some drivers speed by yelling freak (due to his large size)? Sure, it happens to everyone. But Yan is already ready for these moments by whipping out his expandable hockey stick, grabbing a puck from the frozen cooler he has on him and works on his accuracy though the back of car windows. Everyone wins!

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59

Collin Gibbles has learned after 10 seasons in the league that you have to take time for yourself and enjoy your surroundings or it will all be gone before you realize it. When not playing in a game or at practice, you can likely find Gibbles at his secluded Minnesota house located roughly 45 minutes north of the Twin Cities. Gibbles spends a lot of time with his son(an SHL hopeful himself) and wife outside enjoying all of nature's bounty on their 200 acre property. He often invites over his current and former teammates to visit and spend a few days with his family and get away from the chaos that is professional sports. Gibbles also has an impressive sauna and weight room built on his property along with a rather massive swimming pool that gets regular use throughout the summer and fall. Gibbles has also planted a few hundred apple trees to start making his own cider and applejack.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

On Abel Skinner’s day off he definitely has a preference. What he loves to do first and foremost is absolutely nothing. Nothing in the morning, nothing in the afternoon, and nothing in the evening. Skinner may not be an SHL all-star, but he carries the mail and he cares. His work ethic is second to none and so he is spent at the end of the day. When you roll a lot of those days together, it just really takes a toll. So, Skinner likes to veg out. Sometimes not even watching TV or some such mindless thing as even that is a constant chatter in the background and he prefers the silence. Some people get bored doing nothing. According to Skinner, those are either people who do nothing too often – never giving themselves to a strenuous workout either physically or mentally – or they are people with absolutely no interior life whatsoever. If left to his own thoughts, he can keep himself endlessly entertained with flights of fancy, plans for the future, or thinking about those he loves. Yep, for a day off Skinner prefers nothing at all.

Code:
188 words