Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

what am i doing with my day off is BLOW THROUH MY PAYCHECK AGAIN. I threw like 3m on black jack and hookers; now time to JET TO NEW ORLEANS FOR MARTY GRAS WHAAA; I land in New Orleans AND SPEND 5m ON BEADS!; I throw BEADS at every single person i see; Grandmas, Moms, Even my GM Joe Gets beads. As the night rages on i get arrested AGAIN, and throw in jail for the rest of my holiday I pay bail and am now forced to perform comunity service. I am legally not allowed to leave Vancouver for the next season, meaning New Orleans has no choice but to send me down again, obviously someone with my talent would have gone up earlier but unfortuanatly the US judicial system did not take the please for my goals. Maybe i will win a cup this year in vancouver, probably not but why not dream

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 07:52 PM by Faelax.)

When Alexander Roach has a day off, he likes to spend the day aimlessly wandering around Buffalo, or whatever city they happen to be in at the time. He usually will go out looking for some really unique local food, like the day he spent in New Orleans just going to town on the Cajun cuisine, or the crab specials in Baltimore. Not to mention the plethora of wings in his new home of Buffalo. After that, he likes to go explore the parks in the surrounding areas, Niagara Falls near Buffalo is one of his favorites. There are a lot of beaches near the SHL cities, and he loves to go visit them as well when he is around. Another favorite of his, when the weather allows it, is taking a day to golf. He spends a lot of time in the offseason golfing, and likes to try and fit in a few rounds to keep his skills sharp during the season.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 08:32 PM by _Blitz_.)

Danny doesn't really get days off during the season. When Toronto gets a break, St. Louis is generally still playing and there's still work to be done. Even if neither team is playing, there's still tape to watch, weights to lift, laundry to wash and fold, and any number of other things going on before the next game. It's not uncommon for him to wake up in his chair, having finally fallen asleep while reviewing games and strategies. Days off are days to catch up on all of the things he's missed by being pulled in different directions. 

Since being called up to Toronto, he's had one day truly with no obligations or anything to do. On force of habit, he still woke up one minute before the alarm went off at 5 AM, dressed, and took the dog out for their morning jog and fetch in the park near his apartment. When they returned, Danny made breakfast (and fed Rudy), and then went to check his schedule. Upon realizing that that neither St. Louis or Toronto were playing and team practices weren't scheduled, he checked his tape list. When that was clear and his notes had been marked already, he checked laundry; all folded and clean. The cleaning service had been to the apartment the day before, so no vacuuming or dusting was required. His day was truly open.

So he slept through it. He took his shower at 8 AM and went back to bed, sleeping until dinner time at 7 PM. The highlight of the day was watching a movie while he tried to stay awake in order to go back to bed at the regular 11 PM time.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

On days when Harry doesn't have a game he prefers to just stay at home. Being a pro hockey player means constant travel from city to city and from his house to the rink and back. It can get pretty stressful at times. Sometimes you need a break from all that and just stay inside (despite frequent dinner invitations from Gunnar in Chicago).
So on his days off he sleeps a lot, relaxes in front of the TV playing video games (sometimes even with his friends back home in Finland) and when he feels like company he cooks for his Toronto teammates, especially for the rookies that like coming over every now and then because they still don't know how to cook - some things never change.
Of course Harry also remembers to have regular video chats with his family back home. Due to the time difference and being on the road a lot that's something he can't do too frequently, so it works better on days without games.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Well in terms of thinking as the player I have two mindsets. There is what you can do in a covid-free world and then there is what you can do with respecting the rules that are in place. If it was a covid-free world then I am going to start the day with a nice walk along the beach with my dog, grab a hearty breakfast and then head to a midday matinee of the latest and greatest movie, and get me some popcorn. Then I am going to finish the night off with some takeout and play some vids or order a PPV. If it's a covid world then I am restricted to my house. I can still take my dog out, and instead of eating in, I have to get take out. I can order my PPV at home but unfortunately I can't go to the theater. We spend so much time on the road and at the arena that I would want to take the time to be at home, or with my family.

[Image: p82ugau.png]

After a long week of games there is only one way to chill out with my scarecrow brethren. And that is to whap out the bag of dice. Whip up the dungeon master screen and get dressed up in my best fat nerd gear and kick the shit out of a dungeons and dragons campaign.
Hunter Sharpe brings the food. Usually a couple of big bags of cheetos and a vat of buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese dip.
LeBron Brady brings the refreshments. Usually an actual fridge filled with mountain dew and fuego.
Dane von Gucci brings the air of someone acting too cool to want to play but has secretly rolled 3 different characters for when they each get wiped.
Iorek Byrnison stands at the side of the table swiping at anyone who rolls their dice of the edge.
Blitz and sparky drop in from time to time to give a bit of life to some of the usual NPCs or provide the voices of some of the bad guys

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Jack Micro would start his day off by doing some morning jogging around his yard before he makes some breakfast. He would then grab one of his skateboards and heads to his favorite local skate park in Anaheim. He would watch some of new skaters try to do tricks and gives out tips when need be. He would then do some of his own tricks in the medium sized bowl. He usually doesn't do big tricks to avoid injuries. He then heads to an art class he took up after the ink incident.

Because of his new inkling state he has become a naturally good painter with both paint and ink. He usually does ether hockey or skating based art. After that he goes to one of his favorite restaurants usually an Italian one. After getting a good dinner usually consisting of lasagna he goes home and relaxes in his portable hot tub and then goes to bed not long after.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

Jarmo starts his off day with a nice jog first thing in the morning. Then, instead of heading to the rink, he takes his time and makes a nice breakfast. A few homemade waffles, some fruit. A tall glass of orange juice! Then he settles in for a nice video game session. He recently got his hands on a PS5, after trying for months to get one. He's got a whole gaming room, with come collectibles that he's gotten over the years and a super comfortable couch. Though Jarmo is still an athlete with a responsibility to keep in shape, so after lunch he'll head to the gym for a workout. This doesn't change from game days, Jarmo is a high level SHL prospect and needs to keep in peak physical shape for what is sure to be a bright future. That being said, on off days, he likes to treat himself. So that night, he'll settle in with a few tall boys from his favourite local brewery, and orders a medium pepperoni and cheese pizza (with extra sauce!).

When Liam Slate has days off, Liam Slate likes to put his time into getting good at the computer game League Of Legends. Liam Slate is pretty awful at it, but he does enjoy playing with friends although he almost refuses to play on his own. Liam mostly plays the support role because he can not farm minions to save his life and is just not very good at the game. Slate gets a bit frustrated playing because his friends tend to be in a higher MMR which drags Liam into what League of Legends players call "smurf que". Slate spends time playing with friends from across the Simulation Hockey League, mostly Newfoundland Berserkers alumni. Liam Slate is getting better at the game though, but it will take some more time still. Other than playing League of Legends Liam Slate does enjoy watching twitch streamers play video games. Some of his favorites include TimTheTatMan and Tyler1. Slate finds these streams extremely entertaining and maybe one day if Liam Slate gets good at League, he would like to start his own stre
am.

Code:
175 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

The first thing that would be done is removing the alarm for the morning so I can have a well earned rest! Waking up on your own time is positive for rejuvenation and lets you complete full sleep cycles, very necessary after 6 days of intense training and games. The second thing would definitely have to be heading out for a jog to get the blood moving and keep the muscles working while taking it at an easy pace to not strain them. After getting home and washing up it is time to pull out the computer and have some fun. Start out with something that isn't strenuous thinking like among us with the friends or maybe fire up FIFA and play online with them. It's nice to not think hockey for a little while when you have been overloaded. Finally cook some steak and watch sports highlights on TV before hitting the sack early to be ready for the grind again the next day.

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

Otis B Driftwood works very hard on the ice. He gives up the body every night and pushes himself to the brink of physical and emotional collapse in his efforts to help the team. At his advanced age this takes a toll that the young guys can’t comprehend. Therefore, when given a day off, Otis does not even think about hockey and has no qualms about indulging himself to the limits of his imagination.

Most off days will begin with a large breakfast with ample coffee. Upon hitting the streets Otis will seek out a local opium den in whatever city he finds himself in. As a longtime veteran used to traveling within the SHL community, Otis knows where most of these establishments are located and has found hotel concierges to be very helpful in those few cases when he does not.

After a morning spent chasing the dragon and intermittently napping, Otis will head to a bar with an outdoor lounge area. Here he will smoke his El Cheapo cigars while sipping on martinis. He will bring a book with him and while away a few hours in quiet contemplation. Usually hungry again by this point, Otis will seek out local eateries specializing in whatever the regional fare may be. He will usually ask the chef to just start sending out whatever he feels is freshest and best that particular day and to not stop sending out food until Otis resembles a beach ball with legs.

By this point, with evening coming on, Driftwood will start thinking about satisfying another sort of itch. He will head back to the hotel and have another short conference with the concierge. Arrangements will be made for the company of several young ladies of various shapes, sizes and ethnicities and perhaps even a fit lad thrown into the mix when the mood strikes. Once the guests have arrived and the do not disturb sign has been hung upon the doorknob, things get progressively weirder. Music is played at volume. Drinks flow. Copious joints are smoked. Leather harnesses are introduced along with riding crops and saddles. Strange, discordant cries and animal noises are heard from within. At least one large jar of coconut oil is used up. Chamber maids, the next morning, have been known to find a heap of wet and sticky sleeping bodies upon a bed littered with booze bottles, dildos, cigar ash and olives, impossible to discern where one body ends and another begins.

Otis, upon waking, will peel himself slowly off the pile, take a long hot shower, knock back a hair o’ the dog martini and order a big breakfast for all participants . After eating and seeing off his honored guests, he will shift over to game day mode and go from there.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

While Slavakov’s one and only love is hockey, he certainly enjoys getting into shenanigans with the rest of the Newfoundland crew. Of course, the team’s favorite hobby is drinking at the local watering hole, the Duke of Duckworth. Every weekend both the current roster and any alum visit and trade stories or talk about the past week of games. Right behind the bar is a plaque of Berserkers alum Jukka Timonen for most shots consumed in an hour at 21. This past weekend was quite the adventure, as rival fans of Quebec City were in town and decided to heckle the team, saying that we’re garbage and didn’t deserve the Four Star Cup in Season 55. That didn’t sit well with our two enforcers, Billy Brooks and Pasta the Turtle, who decided to throw hands and start a fight. Eventually we all jumped in to an all-out bar brawl, which we won when all was said and done. Thankfully the Mounties were understanding of what was just another night out with the Berserkers.

173 Words

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Well, Vaseline Podcalzone starts every single day with a fresh cup of coffee. I mean, it's literally the best part of waking up.

After a cup of coffee, Podcalzone would most certainly go out for a early morning jog in downtown Seattle, before returning to his place to have some breakfast. Afterwards, he'll see if his old teammates in Newfoundland are free and down to chat on Zoom or whatever video calling platform professional athletes use. Once that call wraps up, Podcalzone watches some game film to have a better idea of the upcoming games that the Argonauts will play. Even if it's a day off, the grind does not stop for Podcalzone.

After that, Podcalzone cooks up a homemade lunch and chills in the afternoon. For dinner, he and a few teammates might go out for dinner (assuming there aren't any restrictions), and have a good time. Once dinner is over, Podcalzone returns back to his place where he'll likely crash and go to sleep, with a big game ahead of him in the coming days.

WC: 182

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]