Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

When I am not playing hockey, I am either playing Rocket League or looking through my sports card collection. I also play many musical instruments, and enjoy listening to music like The Mars Volta. I likecto think of myself as a jack of all trades, both on and off of the ice. There are many things one can do to keep busy in order to take the focus away from the stress of playing organized ice hockey. Besides those hobbies, I also like to build wooden structures; be it a cabin, a shed, or even a kitchen. I love working with my hands to keep my coordination and dexterity moving forward. I do everything as perfect as possible, and it has served me well for many years. I never want someone to be able to say they outworked me, or gave better effort than I give. Everyone in my life would vouch for my commitment and work ethic in everything I do. It is an amazing feeling to accomplish great things.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

ISFL Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Habit has Goku Muerto waking up early in the morning, despite it being a day off with no game or practice. Because he has nothing to do, the day begins with a hot shower, a hot coffee (maybe with a little shot of Bailey's to take the chill off) and perhaps a scroll through twitter to see if TBB or NOLA has any new dad jokes. It's also a day to do some chores, so he loads the clothes washer and washes some dishes, waters the plants and gives the carpet a quick vacuum. He calls his old buddy Ignatius Blunt and has a chat about what his retired friend is up to, wistfully considering that his own retirement is not far away now.

Just before noon, he gets a text from team captain McScruff, asking him what he's up to. Turns out some of the Aurora are getting together at the local go-kart track for some fun. Sounds like a good plan, they spend the afternoon racing each other and eating forbidden fries and shakes from the concession. After that, habit again takes hold and Goku heads home for a nap, a game day ritual that has become an every day ritual. He wakes up, goes for a bike ride through the Winnipeg Riviera. There's a group of kids playing road hockey who recognize him and wave him over, he joins in their game for a few shifts, having some fun with the local brats. For dinner, he has been invited over by a particular lady friend he has been dating quietly for a while now, they have a great home-cooked pasta dinner with a bottle of wine, capped off by relaxing with a jacuzzi and watching movies . All in all, a pretty fine day.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

My favorite thing to do on my day off is for sure to play some fun video games with my good friends. lately i have been playing a lot of league of legends, which is a good game and definitely fair and balanced and easy to pick up for new players and doesn't punish you at all! My favorite champions to play are Hecarim and Kai'sa. Very recently I have been playing MLB The Show 21, which is crazy because I am a hockey player not a baseball player lol hahahaha. NHL 21 was my main game for a while, but that game actually is really bad unlike MLB the show 21 which is the most addicting crack every April when the game releases. Sometimes on my off day I also like to go get food with my teammates, which is usually thai food with my ex-teammate @Gooneyaka Jason Desreauleaux who is my good buddy and loves the devil's beef. Sometimes just spending times with friends is enough during an off day, just some good company.

[Image: rotti.gif]

For a hockey free day, I'll probably do a couple of things. First would be a relaxing round of disc golf. It's a great outdoor activity that keeps me semi active while working on a craft that I enjoy. Even if my score isn't great, it's still a hike through the woods on a nice day. Another activity I would enjoy would be playing some video games on my PC. Another relaxing activity that isn't strenuous but allows my competitive side to come out. Playing with friends or teammates is a great way to relax and take a break from hockey. If this has not completed my day, there is always time to relax and watch a good show. Even if I have time to do this during the week it's still a nice thing to do as there are many excellent shows to enjoy. I'd probably find a good place to get a milkshake as well because that's my weakness and I won't have to worry about nutrition as much on my day off.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

William Salming don't rest even though he had six days off. He is just a rookie who need to work hard every day to develop his attributes. He is just a third liner and if he wants to become TOP6 forward, he needs to practise when others rest. That is the way to gain competitive advantage. Of course, rest is also important for development. That's why Salming trains only once in a day during this six day holiday and sleeps and eats all the other time. But yeah, he runs a lot to develop his endurance and stamina. He also make spurts to develop his acceleration and speed. On some days he goes to ice and practises hockey skills like puckhandling and shooting because he is still yet to score his first SHL goal. He also goes to gym to develop his strength a little bit. Especially upper body needs more power in Salming's case. But yeah, there is no time to full rest for Salming during the season or offseason until he is a reliable TOP6 forward.

[Image: salming.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

After six straight days of nothing but hockey, Alex definitely needs to decompress a little bit. He's going to sleep in a little bit, go for a run, and maybe get some strength training in. Then he wants to cook something awesome, just because cooking is a huge stress reliever for him. He got an instant pot recently (I know, I know, why didn't he get one sooner?) and wants to try it out. Risotto is supposed to be much easier to make in an instant pot than on the stove because you don't have to do all of that stirring. Of course, some snobs will say it's not truly risotto but Alex isn't out here for perfect technique; he just wants something that tastes good. So he made a nice little mushroom risotto in the instant pot and he'll have that for dinner while watching the latest episode of Chopped. Just so you know, the chefs on Chopped should never try to make risotto because the rice is never going to get cooked enough if you only have thirty minutes to do everything. They should also avoid making panna cotta because that's never going to set in time. Maybe after that he'll watch a movie or something. What just won awards at the Oscars? Maybe he'll watch one of those and then go to bed.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Jay Sink has two passions: hockey, and trying to ruin Daud Ramza's life. On hockey-free days, Jay is singularly focused on that other objective. Despite his burning (and justified) hatred for the Seattle/Carolina forward, Jay is an upstanding citizen (unlike Ramza) and so wouldn't do anything illegal. Instead, Jay Sink would be spreading awareness of Ramza's misdeeds.

Jay would spend his day speaking with the local police in Carolina, and and with admins of local Facebook groups and the like. Ramza is infamous for mugging people on the street - not because he needs the money, he is a millionaire - but because he enjoys seeing the looks on people's faces as they experience the negative emotions he inflicts on them. Jay would pass along all the information he knows about Ramza, so that the police force is better placed to build a sufficient case against him and so that the residents of Carolina know to be vigilant and can reduce the chance that they are his next victim. Jay Sink's choice of activity during his day off is reflective of his irreproachable character, and the people of Carolina will no doubt consider him a hero. It's just a shame he only has one day to help them defend themselves in the face of @Blasoon's wrath. (215 words)

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Well me personally, I just focus up on my writing or chilling with my girlfriend when I have free time, maybe play a video game or two. However Jon Forty-One would probably just focus on training for the next time he ends up playing for the Edmonton Blizzard or focus on certain things to do with his cult. He has certain people he has to talk to every now and then and most of the money he collects goes to either the living quarters of the mansion he lives in or just straight to the cult.

I may rework Jon down the line but all things considered I think he would still do this. The only time he would actually take to relax would be maybe having an extra hour of sleep but nothing major to say the least. He is still going to be a hardcore committed cultist who wants to make sure he gets what he wants and intense training and keeping up with cultist stuff would still be the focus.

[174 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

What a rough six days it has been. Nothing but hockey and training. It was nice to finally get a day off to actually rest. At first, I did not know what to do. I tried to sit on the couch and put a movie on, but lost interest within 10 minutes. I tried going for a bike ride, but after 5 minutes of that I realized I was working out. I I woke up early and everything to maximize my rest day. Then it came to. I could do the ultimate rest day thing, the thing I love the most. I packed a bag and went North until I entered a heavily wooded area. Upon reaching my destination, I was surprised to see I wasn't the only one who had the same idea. I played about 4-5 drop in games at an old roller rink in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of bored, players. It was just a simple 3on3 set up with a very relaxed feeling. I can't wait to hit the ice tomorrow for a game after such a great rest day.

[187]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

ISFL Welfare

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

[Image: PT_Task_1.png]

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

With very few breaks in the team schedule, it's important to take advantage of every opportunity given to me to continue my research. In the morning I woke up and checked out what packages arrived overnight from the Exotic Meat of the Month club. April's arrival included some Wuhan Pangolin, King Penguin, and a collection of dried Sugar Glider meats that were seasoned with some sort of strange spice. I look forward to digging in and sampling them, but set them aside for now. After a quick sonic shower, I connect my neurotransmitter and bring up my tutoring session with Oprah Winfrey. It turns out she is some sort of human guru on everything, also likes bees, so I have hired her with some of my contract dollars, to teach me about humanity. Today's lessons cover how to become wealthy by telling people exactly what they want to hear with examples from Jordan Peterson, Tom Bilyeu, and Oprah herself.

For lunch I eat a bit of the pangolin, which tastes like chicken, then spend a few hours writing up my research, which I promptly send off to Sardang, which should be intercepted by the ships as they head towards earth. The information should be incredibly useful for when the rest of my people arrive.

Finally, I upload a number of books directly into a neural uplink and close my eyes to take it all in. Understanding how humans view alien life is critical moving forward, and so I start with books such as War of the Worlds and Stranger in a Strange Land. I hope to put together a review of a number of these books in the near future.

With a busy day behind me I eat a little bit of the tasty little sugar glider bites and then regenerate for the evening. More games tomorrow and I need my strength.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

A good break from hockey is something that is needed sometimes to reset yourself and to rest properly. The game is a grind mentally and physically so these breaks are often needed badly. Bo Kane likes to take this time to catch up on the side hobbies that he has, such as playing video games and watching TV shows. This break also gives him the opportunity to go out with his friends and to have a social life. You'll often see Bo Kane exploring the downtowns of the cities he visits, experimenting at different restaurants, attending other sporting events (especially UFC events), movie theatres, and of course spending time with his family. These breaks allow Kane to rest his body to prepare for the next run of games but also gives him a chance to mentally reset so he doesn't get overworked which will affect his on-ice performance in a negative way.

Falcons Canada