Create Account

TPE claims posted during updates

TPE claims shouldn't be posted during the available update period. If it's unable to be posted before updates can start, it should wait until Monday or after the update deadline. This prevents teams that haven't been updated from acquiring this TPE while teams already updated are out of luck for the week or even playoffs.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

100% agree.

Updaters start on Fridays. No claimable TPE should be posted between Friday morning and Sunday night.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I’m ganna have to agree on this. Especially before playoffs, feels unfair.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Who gives a shit?

05-15-2021, 03:24 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Who gives a shit?
I think most teams would care. Sucks that a potential playoff opponent could hit some more TPE thresholds that my team couldn't have the possibility to get.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

Yeah, this.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Bigger issue is PTs should be graded well before Saturday.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

05-15-2021, 03:37 PMcanes2112 Wrote:
I think most teams would care. Sucks that a potential playoff opponent could hit some more TPE thresholds that my team couldn't have the possibility to get.

I think it matters in the J, in the SHL it is probably pretty meaningless.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

05-15-2021, 04:35 PMLordBirdman Wrote:
05-15-2021, 03:37 PMcanes2112 Wrote: I think most teams would care. Sucks that a potential playoff opponent could hit some more TPE thresholds that my team couldn't have the possibility to get.

In the SHL I'd agree that 1 or 2 TPE might not lead to a drastic change in performance once you hit stats around 16+, unless you're already on the precipice before a stat increase. But yeah, the impact it can have on the J, especially as we quickly approach a new update scale that is even more forgiving at lower TPE levels, can potentially be significant between teams.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2021, 04:45 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Here's the thing, you're not wrong. But it's important to remember that this isn't a job. If this happened I think it'd make sense for the deadline to be the following Monday. Which means that we have more time between when the PT is done and when is claims are up. Otherwise we're demanding not only people's time but also their immediate time. If we're fine with that then by all means. But eventually some overly enthusiastic fool will come along and say that they'll do it every week immediately after the deadline and create an unreasonable standard for people in the future.

Nobody wants to be on the PT team already, let's not make it worse.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-15-2021, 04:45 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Here's the thing, you're not wrong. But it's important to remember that this isn't a job. If this happened I think it'd make sense for the deadline to be the following Monday. Which means that we have more time between when the PT is done and when is claims are up. Otherwise we're demanding not only people's time but also their immediate time. If we're fine with that then by all means. But eventually some overly enthusiastic fool will come along and say that they'll do it every week immediately after the deadline and create an unreasonable standard for people in the future.

I think we all realise that, which is why this is in suggestion box and not the thunder dome.

But also, "it's not a job" does not mean we can't hold people accountable or ask for certain things to be done in a certain way or by a certain time.

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

05-15-2021, 04:45 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Here's the thing, you're not wrong. But it's important to remember that this isn't a job. If this happened I think it'd make sense for the deadline to be the following Monday. Which means that we have more time between when the PT is done and when is claims are up. Otherwise we're demanding not only people's time but also their immediate time. If we're fine with that then by all means. But eventually some overly enthusiastic fool will come along and say that they'll do it every week immediately after the deadline and create an unreasonable standard for people in the future.

It wouldn't be a big issue to hold the claim until Monday if it can't be done until Friday.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

05-15-2021, 04:35 PMLordBirdman Wrote:
05-15-2021, 03:37 PMcanes2112 Wrote: I think most teams would care. Sucks that a potential playoff opponent could hit some more TPE thresholds that my team couldn't have the possibility to get.

I can safely tell you that there were a few people on LA who updated differently because the claim wasn't up yet, so while 1, 2, or 3 TPE may for the most part not matter week to week, it can make a pretty big difference, especially the update right before playoffs.

The fuck is your problem? Obviously someone gives a shit or this wouldn't have been posted. And if you read through the comments here....most seem to agree with him.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Move this to thunderdome y'all hoes are mad

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

What would the SHL be without unfair advantages?

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM