Create Account

I'm BACK... In Management. AMA
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 01:28 PM by SDCore.)

Hey People,

This is my obligatory, I was just hired as the new GM of the Chicago Syndicate and wanted to engage the site if they every wanted to know something about the Chicagos now is the time to ask. I'm kind of an open book, please ask me anything. Also, I want to publicly announce @JNH as my co-GM, I'm sure everyone is sooooooo shocked.

Thanks!

05-17-2021, 02:02 PMjuke Wrote: Leeg wen

:tysus:

05-17-2021, 02:03 PMPatty Wrote: Congrats Corey and J.  

I'm going inactive.

How is this different than normal Patty??

05-17-2021, 02:05 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: are you rebranding to the trash pandas

Honestly, no, but I should  Hmm team might kill me. Trash Pandas were elite!

05-17-2021, 02:06 PMMinnesotafine Wrote: How can you support having Tez in your organization?

This is easy, you just ignore his bad takes on rice cookers and what "pizza" is and not flat breads.

05-17-2021, 02:06 PMSchwarzNarr Wrote: What are you most looking forward to as the new GM? What are you regretting the most?
Toughest decision you're going to need to make with expansion looming?
Should they remake mean girls with Ariana Grande starring in it?
Moose or Penguins?

Honestly, I loved being a J GM for so many season and so many reason (I'm a poet). I think I'm most looking forward to the team building and continuing an already solid legacy in Chicago. You know how stupid I can be about my teams, so increasing peoples love for Chicago is my biggest goal. I'll leave some of the finer details to J. Uhhhh I don't know about regretting, but definitely wanting the best for my players and making them be the best versions on the ice. I don't want anyone to feel sad about their player but it's inevitable. That's not really a regret, sorry.

YES, YES, YES. God I love Ariana and Mean Girls so much, no way this could be bad... right? right?... Right.

Um, Penguins, you know I stan ISA real hard Wink

05-17-2021, 02:07 PMnykonax Wrote: what are your top 3 letters

What? Nyko what? Um ZNL? Yeah let's go with that.

05-17-2021, 02:09 PMbdu754 Wrote: Congrats on the gig, Corey! Really excited to see you and J back in the management game for sure.

Just one beeg question here: how do u get the beeg yoshi?

No tamper... I just get to hang with the beeg in NL discord. To get the beeg yosh tho, you need to play Super Mario Bros. 3 on repeat, while trying to fly very high into the sky... I think, I don't really know. Lowkey tho, Yoshi's Wooly World for the Wii U was a GOAT game.

05-17-2021, 02:21 PMJNH Wrote: How did you already mess up your first move as GM by naming me Co?

I tried to hire Jess, but she was like Jon Snow...

[Image: tenor.gif]

05-17-2021, 03:12 PMvisceralpotamus Wrote: First of all, congrats! Well deserved!
As a person in a position of authority, how will you support the development of non-human athletes in the SHL. Non-Human animals represent 99.9% of life on Earth, yet only a fraction of players in the SHL.
Follow-up question: Can the words "pasta" and "noodles" be used interchangeably?

THANKS!

Chicago will have an honor the Turtle night every season where we will wear special turtle jerseys. I'm going to talk to our resident designer and get this started. Chicago already loves all animals big and small. Our internal nickname is the crime turtles, because we have the supreme turtle lord. Also, feta is basically our mascot, which is cause feta is adorbs. (Feta is J's bunny).

Do we really want to bring this fight to the forums? Pasta, yes are noodles, but not all noodles are Pasta. So no they cannot be used interchangeably. I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

05-17-2021, 03:16 PMProjectSaint Wrote: PS: Want some Popcorn?

:TT_TurtleEatingPopcorn:

05-17-2021, 03:24 PMZoone16 Wrote: Will you change your god awful goal somg to something with a bit more life into it? Heck, even an upbeat remix would be better.

Thissssssssssssssss isssssssssssssss myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy KIND OF TOWN CHICAGO IS... Zoone, you do not know what you are doing by asking this. Maybe my J goal horn needs to make a reappearance.

Honestly, I love the Sinatra song, but I get the feels for it being too slow. We will talk about it internally, I could get on a more up beat Chance song or something. Not changing it this post season tho.

05-17-2021, 03:44 PMSlashACM Wrote: Can you rebrand plsss

No, I actually like our branding and theme. I'm also a sucker for being wildly different in teams, that's why Newfoundland is NL not NLB or NFL or W/E others wanted. It's NL. Syndicate doesn't end with an S, which makes it unique.

05-17-2021, 03:49 PMO4L Wrote: Will you be implementing the highly awaited Jules Watt most dedicated award this season?

He is exceptional...

05-17-2021, 04:30 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: who is your favorite and why is it me

Can we get a team dog?

please announce me as executioner thanks

But seriously how about that dog?

team awards? I will make graphics if you want.

You are my favorite, I've made no secret of this ever. Now make me a GM sig Wink

Yes, we can get a team dog. Everyone on the team knows it will just be Gunnars locker room dog, because he will give him all the treats and never leave him alone. So yes, if Gunnar wants a locker room, you can get one. This better make him extra petty.

Gunnar or Jess or both? Either way you are now the Chicagos Syndicate executioner, with that you gain whatever power comes with that.

Yes.

This is actually one of the things I want to bring to the team, as well as history section in the forums. So yeah, I'd love it if you could work on some graphics for the team, that would be rad.

05-17-2021, 06:56 PMLime Wrote: how many beers do u think u can crush in one go rn

I could clear 15, maybe 20 on a good one.

05-17-2021, 08:29 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Marry, bang, kill.

Megumin, Aqua, Darkness

Marry - Megumin, Bang - Aqua, Kill - Darkness (sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry)

05-17-2021, 09:36 PMWally Wrote: Who do you want between your pipes?
Favorite t-shirt during sex?

I can't hear you say this without thinking of something dirty....... This was meant to be dirty right? lol

Yes.

05-18-2021, 02:19 PMroastpuff Wrote: Congrats on the new position @SDCore!

Question - what is your vision for the Chicago team, and where do you see yourself in the next few seasons?

Thanks puff!

Great question. I feel like we are still able to compete at a high level for a few more seasons to come. We need to start thinking about transitioning to some younger players, but we have some ideas for that. I want to keep Chicago near the top for as long as we can and I think JNH and I have a good plan on how we can keep that. I also, want Chicago to have more of a site presence. Right now, we can be seen as a tight knit group, but not a lot of people know us, unless you've been in the Locker Room. My grand vision would be to have a bumping room, good talent pool, and a team people are excited to play for. I know we have 2/3 of these in good shape, but it's just rounding out the rest. I am really blessed Velv and Ofer left me such a good team and some great framework.

05-18-2021, 02:46 PMUrsinZ Wrote: Say it you came back because of me!

It was always you!

05-19-2021, 12:37 AMleafsftw1967 Wrote: Its great to see you and J teaming up again as a management team! What lessons that you learned while running Newfoundland are you hoping to bring to your next gm job Chicago? What do you anticipate will be the biggest obstacle for the Syndicate heading into S60 offseason and how do you plan to overcome it?

Thanks Marns!

Honestly, the biggest thing we learned is how well we work together as a team. J and I seem to step in sync a lot of the time in our decisions, it's why when this became a real talk, both of us sort of agreed to get the band back together. We also learned how unforgiving this league can be, but how rewarding it is when it works. We brought a bad situation to something that we are proud of and is one of the best places to be in the league in Newfoundland. I think with Chicago we are way more fortunate to have the foundation in place, now it's just getting the pieces to run the machine.

Oh, I think it's fitting all the pieces we have on the team, adding players to replace aging player and doing this all under a stressed cap. We are "new" GMs so working with other teams to wheel and deal, the way J likes to, but also keeping assets is going to be the biggest challenge. How we overcome it is by being savy and lots of stressing, but that's on J to come up with Wink

05-19-2021, 06:11 AMKatth Wrote: Had any Bottle Logic recently?

Sadly no, they don't sell much down here during COVID. One day!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Smile <3 Tongue

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Leeg wen

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

05-17-2021, 02:02 PMjuke Wrote: Leeg wen

:tysus:

Congrats Corey and J.  

I'm going inactive.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

are you rebranding to the trash pandas

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

How can you support having Tez in your organization?

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

What are you most looking forward to as the new GM? What are you regretting the most?
Moose or Penguins?

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

what are your top 3 letters

05-17-2021, 02:03 PMPatty Wrote: Congrats Corey and J.  

I'm going inactive.

How is this different than normal Patty??

Congrats on the gig, Corey! Really excited to see you and J back in the management game for sure.

Just one beeg question here: how do u get the beeg yoshi?

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

05-17-2021, 02:05 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: are you rebranding to the trash pandas

Honestly, no, but I should Hmm team might kill me. Trash Pandas were elite!

05-17-2021, 02:06 PMMinnesotafine Wrote: How can you support having Tez in your organization?

This is easy, you just ignore his bad takes on rice cookers and what "pizza" is and not flat breads.

Glad to see you back in management SD!

Best of luck in the playoffs!

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

05-17-2021, 02:06 PMSchwarzNarr Wrote: What are you most looking forward to as the new GM? What are you regretting the most?
Moose or Penguins?

Honestly, I loved being a J GM for so many season and so many reason (I'm a poet). I think I'm most looking forward to the team building and continuing an already solid legacy in Chicago. You know how stupid I can be about my teams, so increasing peoples love for Chicago is my biggest goal. I'll leave some of the finer details to J. Uhhhh I don't know about regretting, but definitely wanting the best for my players and making them be the best versions on the ice. I don't want anyone to feel sad about their player but it's inevitable. That's not really a regret, sorry.

YES, YES, YES. God I love Ariana and Mean Girls so much, no way this could be bad... right? right?... Right.

Um, Penguins, you know I stan ISA real hard Wink