Create Account

S61 Prospect Showcase
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2021, 05:02 PM by Kalakar.)

The post formerly known as "Late Night announcement?"

First of all, I want to apologize to @Kalakar, @Festinator, and all current SMJHL Draft prospects for the lateness of this post. Hectic day. But alas.....

Post Day 1 Stats Album
Post Day 2 4PM Stats Album
Post Day 2 7PM Stats Album
Post Day 3 Playoffs Stats Album

Playoffs - Best of 3

Semi Finals
#4 Mexico City vs #1 San Diego Sand Lions | 1-2

#3 Tokyo Yoshi's vs #2 Phoenix Screaming Cacti | 1-2

Finals
#3 Tokyo Yoshi's vs #1 San Diego Sand Lions | 2-1

Garbanzo Cup Champions
#3 Tokyo Yoshi's

For the past 10 seasons, the best up and coming prospects in the world of sim hockey have been without a way to showcase their talents to the scouts of the SMJHL and SHL alike.

“I was all prepared to show off my silky mitts, but when I found out there wasn’t a showcase...well, that and being told that in hockey you actually had to wear proper gloves and not silk mittens….I was beyond disappointed. I wanted the scouts to see!” said one junior player, who wished to remain anonymous.

A certain gift from above heard your pleas and decided to take matters into his own hands. @Kalakar, in conjunction with the SMJHL and the SHN, will be bringing back the Prospect Showcase!

Prospects for the SMJHL draft will be blindfolded and flown to an undisclosed location by @Festinator this Thursday to participate in the first official Prospect Showcase since S49! Nevermind that one attempt in S53 to start this back up, this has been a long time coming! (but for real, shoutout to Evok for running a showcase in S53)

As more prospects join the upcoming SMJHL draft class, they too will receive the same treatment and will join their peers in [redacted] to compete for the Showcase Cup!

Four teams will compete over the course of 3 days, with a 40 game regular season split up over two sims on both Thursday and Friday, and playoffs happening on Saturday!

“But Fuzz, who are the teams?”

I’m so glad you asked!

[Image: showcasebanner.png]

[Image: mexicocitybanner.jpg]
Mexico City Aztecs
[Image: lfVZJeV.png]

[Image: phoenixbanner.jpg]
Phoenix Screaming Cacti
[Image: ZG9Rb1u.png]

[Image: tokyobanner.jpg]
Tokyo Yoshi's
[Image: bnn5PdJ.png]

[Image: sandiegobanner.jpg]
San Diego Sand Lions
[Image: CAkknYh.png]

Please join us and @Kalakar in the first of many more Prospect Showcases to come this Thursday, June 10th, at 4:00pm Eastern!

YouTube Stream
Schedule
Thursday: 4:00pm and 7:00pm
Friday:  4:00pm and 7:00pm
Saturday: Playoff Semis at 4:00pm, Finals at 7:00pm
All times Eastern

An official announcement post will be made in the SMJHL Announcements subforum tomorrow including all details.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Wow this is what @Festinator was hiding from us

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Go Sand Lions

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

give me Tokyo Yoshis merch right fucking now

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Seriously tho Kal is a damn gift from the heavens and a massive shoutout to Fest for helping with the file work!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I just realized me and @Blastmeaway are both Sand Lions and I am so stoked

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Wawaweewa... Very nice

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Screamin' Cacti throwback to Wasty's old managment league. I love it.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Kick Ass! Appropriate that I'm on the Aztecs haha

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Sand Lions Leggo!

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Always good for the league when these kinds of things happen. Kudos to everyone who put time and effort in to bring this back!

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

LET'S FUCKING GO SAND LIONS

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

YESSSSS. I've always wanted these to come back as the S53 one was a blast and a great way to get us all interested as baby sim leaguers without a real team. It seemed unfair newer classes haven't gotten that cool experience.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

06-08-2021, 11:11 PMNhamlet Wrote: Wow this is what @Festinator was hiding from us
Secret is out!

It's a @Kalakar masterclass.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

06-08-2021, 11:21 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I just realized me and @Blastmeaway are both Sand Lions and I am so stoked

[Image: mp4]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]