Create Account

Thank You Edmonton and Bonjour Montreal

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(James Truong addresses the Edmonton media one last time as an Edmonton Blizzard)
As a somber James Truong addresses the Edmonton media for the final time as a member of the Edmonton Blizzard  Blizzard as the newly formed Montreal Patriotes Patriotes have taken James in the S60 expansion draft.
Yeah, it sucks to move on from a team you spent your entire SHL career playing for and at the tail end of my career was planning to finish my career here in Edmonton as well. (James begins to wipe tears from his eyes while struggling to speak and taking long pauses between each sentence). It is going to be very strange not wearing the blue and white and will be pretty emotional when I return to Edmonton on a different team. That night will be a very memorable one for me and I have marked that date on my calendar. 

I was notified mid-way through the season that I was going to be unprotected for expansion by Keygan but in my mind I did not actually think that either expansion team would pick me (with me being pretty old and deep in regression). As well as not having much of a forum presence on the site (I just lurk on the site, do my J media grading and PT tasks) 

First and foremost I just want to thank the entire organization in Edmonton for drafting me way back in S46 and treating me like family Keygan and Tommy you guys always helped me with my build and any questions I ever had in the locker room. The group that you guys have built was an honour to be part of and I was extremely grateful to have won a Challenge Cup in Edmonton back in S49. My only regret is that we couldn't win more cups in Edmonton. The locker room was always welcoming towards me and I always enjoyed my time there. I still remember when I was the rookie in there and now I have become one of the oldest guys there. To all my teammates that I have gotten the chance to play with in Edmonton, I want to thank you guys for elevating my play on and off the ice and for helping me be a better person overall. 
To the prospects that Edmonton has, you guys were fun to get to know and I'm sure you guys will be stars in the league in only a matter of time. The future is looking very bright for the city of Edmonton. This is not a goodbye, but a see you again soon as I am still staying in Canada but just heading East towards Montreal.
[Image: 593482582001_6203147085001_6202887056001...3482582001]
(James Truong addresses the Montreal media for the first time)
Ever since I arrived in Montreal, it has been a blast getting to meet all my new teammates and GM Dankoa. Everybody has been kind to me and I am excited to play with you guys for the next two seasons before I hang up my skates and call it a career (for this current player at least).  We have some talented guys on our team and teams shouldn't count us out with being a new team this season. It also helps me to see a familiar face with Barrett Blackwood as we were former teammates in Edmonton before he went to LAP in free agency. Hopefully I will get to play with Barrett and we can be a dynamic duo this upcoming season. 
I should look to learn some French as I will be calling Montreal home for the next seasons. Once again, thank you Edmonton for taking a chance me being a first-time sim league user and making me stay all this time. To the city of Montreal and the organization, Bonjour! Looking forward to playing with you guys for the next two seasons! 
(622 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

Feels wrong.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

❤️❤️

Love you JT, you're always welcome in Edmonton!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Patriotes

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Van: I will miss you JT <3 (All the best genuinely)

Jon: I will not miss you JT >:(

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021, 08:42 AM by CrazyMojito.)

Quote:To all my teammates that I have gotten the chance to play with in Edmonton, I want to thank you guys for elevating my play on and off the ice

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15476992]

Gonna miss playing with you James  Sad

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]