Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.

Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S60 SMJHL Rookies (S61 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, July 11th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 11:58 AM by efischermann.)

Well, I am more old school...so here are the songs I want to hear before we take the ice...

1. Headstrong - Trapt
2. One - Metallica
3. Numb - Linkin Park
4. Brain Stew - Green Day
5. 7 Nation Army - The White Stripes

It is important that 7 Nation Army is last...to me that is the best walkout song around. It is what the Golden Gophers used when I was in high school, and it is something that has stuck with me since then. Headstrong is one of my all-time favorite songs, and the hard rock vibe kind of rings throughout my list. Obviously it gets softer with Green Day, but I think it is important for everyone to calm them selves a little bit before going out on the ice. The Fray is someone I used to listen to before playing, but I thought that was a little too soft and wouldn't be accepted. All of these songs thought are exactly what I love in a pre-game playlist. #WHALENAAAAYYYYSH

173 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 04:53 AM by natedoeshockey.)

1. Forever - Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Eminem

This is my personal favorite older Drake track, if you can call it that, from the mixtape era before he blew up. The track literally starts out "last name ever, first name greatest." The video is literally a bunch of rappers mixed with a montage of high school Lebron clips. Also, probably one of the hardest verses Eminem has ever spit. He makes everyone else on track look terrible in comparison.

2. This Could Be Anywhere in the World - Alexisonfire

My favorite Alexisonfire song. This band rules and Dallas Green is an incredible musician, even if he does rub people the wrong way sometimes. Regardless, probably the at the top of post-hardcore hype songs.

3. Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin

Was there EVER a professional player's Counter-Strike kill montage that didn't have a Breaking Benjamin song in it? Probably not. There's a really good reason for that. Their sound has always been great for esports videos, and I think they make great hype songs for people who like rock music.

4. Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria

As a child of the fence, I can't leave Coheed off this list. They're my second favorite band on the planet. This is the Coheed song that everyone knows, with a great dueling guitar solo, and is usually a set-closer for them. Sidenote: if you like rock music and have never heard of Coheed, you should definitely listen to them.

5. 6am in Brighton - ArrDee

This is a selfish entry. Just a song about being hungry and making it, by my favorite up-and-coming UK rapper who's really blowing up after the Body remix went viral on TikTok.

HONORABLE MENTION!

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 - Coheed and Cambria

My favorite Coheed album opener. They have the best album openers of any band I've ever heard. Just figured I'd throw Welcome Home on the list instead as it's more well-known.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it! If anyone ever wants to talk music, hit me up.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

ACDC Hells Bells
Phil Collins in the air tonight
We Ready Archie Eversole
Forever Drake
Turn down for what Lil Jon

The team here in Maine likes to really get the fans going but also send a message through their songs that we are coming out of the tunnel hyped up and ready to play an intense 60 minutes. Some of the guys liked the idea of kinnicks stadiums pink colored locker room for the visiting teams locker room as well, so just another thing we tried to do to get a physiological advantage. The fans really get into alot of these songs as well, banging on the glass, screaming, licking the glass, you can think of it and they do it. It's really quite a scene. I remember the one game we even saw a fan get so excited he ripped his shirt off and just rubbed his nips right up on the glass. We may have to turn down the hype levels on the second thought after that guy, but it's all in good fun here with the Timber.

1. To the Hellfire - Lorna Shore
This is a fairly new song and it's a heavy one (that's an understatement). We're starting out with this to get the blood pumping.

2. Tighten Up - The Black Keys
Great song from a great album. Can't have a playlist without at least one song from The Black Keys.

3. Growing Old is Getting Old - Silversun Pickups
Going in a much different direction with this one. Maybe a bit of a calming effect. A great jam to bob your head to as you gear up.

4. Gimme Some More - Busta Rhymes
Mixing things up with a timeless banger. One of the greatest beats of all time to that smooth Busta Rhymes flow. They don't make them like this anymore.

5. Paradise Day - The Armed
One of the heavier songs from The Armed, this goes balls to the wall the entire time. A great song to end on and set the pace for the night on the ice.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

In Kelowna, whenever DMack gets control on the soundsystem the following tracks are dropped:

Misery Business - Paramore
It's a classic that is a good start to any hype up playlist. Start strong and go up from there.

Square Hammer - Ghost
This song just gets me going. Great pump up lyrics and the riffs are fire. This one is ferda.

Bad Company - Five FInger Death Punch
This version of Bad Company is awesome and it is impossible not to be ready to hit somebody after this one.

Hit Somebody - Warren Zevon
If you are a hockey fan who hasnt heard this song, square yourself away and give it a listen. Maybe it isnt the greatest pump up song, but gosh darn it if it doesnt inspire you to go out there and hit somebody or score a goal with your butt.

Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Come on. It is the Danger Zone. No-one can find wrong with Danger Zone. The ultimate mixtape classic is on the list.

Ultimately, I dont think DMack is allowed anywhere near the soundsystem without maximum supervision.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

[Image: binary-comment.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: croppad.jpg]

Reel Big Fish - Beer
Less Than Jake - all my best friends are metalheads
Planet Smashers - life of the party
Rancid - Time Bomb
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - someday I suppose

Ska will never die and neither will the Kelowna Knights. We skate at the tempo of upbeat guitar rhythms, our offense rips like a blistering saxophone solo and we dance on ice like we're skanking. This is the music that lifts us up and gets us ready for a big game. Being in a mosh pit or making crushing hits on the ice ska gives us that energy and carries us to the sweaty conclusion at the end of the night. These might be older songs but they are tried and have lasted the test of time. When we're in the locker room getting ready we feel the energy that ska brings. This was a tough list to put together because there's so many great tunes but I've distilled them down to the biggest hits.

ISFL Affiliate

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

In no particular order

1. Blow the Man Down.
The modern version of this sea shanty tells a story of a young sailor (The Kraken players) meeting a young damsel (The elusive 4 Star Cup).

2. Roll the Old Chariot.
A shanty of African origin, it was a song sung about the indulgences sailors (Kraken players) would like to partake in once they came to shore. (Coming to shore being winning the elusive 4 Star Cup and partying like their was no tomorrow at the cup parade.)

3. The Bonny Ship The Diamond.
A shanty about a whaling ship, The Diamond, who was lost at sea in 1819. This song tells the tale of one of the most difficult jobs of its time ( winning the elusive 4 star cup), and how it required only the toughest of sailors (the Kraken players) to get the job done.

4. Lowlands
A more somber shanty, Lowlands tells the tell of sailors (Kraken Players) dreaming about the love of his life (the elusive 4 star cup), but as soon as he starts dreaming of her (the elusive 4 star cup), he finds out that she has died and passed away (the elusive 4 star cup once again alluding the grasp of Kraken Players)

5. Drunken Sailor
Most of the Kraken roster and FO enjoy their drink. This ones pretty self explanatory.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

I am pretty "old", if compared to the average age of your regular sim league user, so my tastes go way back into some classics.
I have discussed with another league user (i am trying to bring him here, but to no avail so far) and we discovered our taste for British classics, 90s mainly. I was always a sucker for The Verve, they have fantastic songs, my favorite being Bitter Sweet Symphony (played at my wedding). I also like "Lucky Man" and "The Drugs don't work", great songs. Skunk Anansie are one of my favorite bands of all time and Charlie Big Potato one of the best songs ever made in my opinion.

The british have so many great bands, like Placebo (Every you and every me / Special K), Manic Street Preachers (If you tolerate this, then your children will be next), Oasis (Champagne Supernova, Stand by me, just to name a couple, as they have at least 10 classics, not including Wonderwall), Depeche Mode (Enjoy the silence / Personal Jesus), Muse (Undisclosed desires / Uprising)... I could go on forever.

I know i named way more than 5 songs for the playlist, but i will leave you with the last one, just to see if i can get that named user here - Love is the Law by The Seahorses. Listen to it.

Birds Singing in the Forest
Wild Flowers of Mount Rainer
Forest Birdsong
Rain Sounds of the Black Forest
Running Creek
As a moose, the best way for Melvin to get ready for a big game is to find himself in tune with nature. Throughout his pre-game ritual he will find himself listening to a variety of nature sounds, all it dependent upon his mood and the game that is being played. If he were to try and get himself calmed down, he'd focus more on his birdsongs. Energizing himself means that Melvin will look at the rain sounds or running creek, as he always feels energized with a nice run through a pond. Ultimately, Melvin's playlist isn't something that everyone on the team would enjoy or listen to, but it works for him and that is the most important part.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

1. Jurassic Park Theme - John Williams

This one is pretty self explanatory. Playing this in the locker room before a game gets the boys into the mindset of being a dinosaur. They are prepared to go out into the wastes and prey upon lesser animals with their gnashing teeth and punishing claws. While the raptors presented in the Jurassic Park films may not be accurate to what we now understand with our advanced scientific knowledge, the boys in blue can still appreciate the vision that Spielberg was going for and find inspiration in his work.

2. For the Love of Money - The O'Jays

This next song comes via the demands of Donald Trump Jr. The theme song to the hit television series "The Apprentice," this song gets Trump and the gang into the money mindset. They are prepared to go out on the ice and earn their money. Beat up the opposition and take their lunch money. Put up performances that earns them even more money. Floyd Mayweather eat your heart out.

3. All Star - Smash Mouth

Everyone knows that making the SMJHL all star team is one of the highest accolades a player in the J can have. This hit song by the world renowned rock band Smash Mouth helps set the tone in the locker room that it isn't enough just to play a high level, and it's not enough to just live your life with the money mentality, but you also must play like you are an SMJHL all star.

4. Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus

Many people don't know this, but the state of Colorado is actually located in the United States of America. Because of this one important fact the team feels it's important to remind their players that they are in the greatest nation in the history of the world by playing this patriotic masterpiece by pop princess Miley Cyrus

5. Mortal Kombat Theme Song

Finally, right before going to the ice, the team listens to the Mortal Kombat theme song to put themselves in the right headspace for the coming contest. They need to be ready to hit, trip, crosscheck, and pummel their way to victory. No moves are too vicious nor deadly when it comes to the Colorado Raptors.

[Image: LETS-FUCKING-GO.gif][Image: DTJR-Colorado-Signature.jpg]

Kiss Me More by Doja Cat ft. SZA - This song is a no brainer because it is just full of good vibes to get all the little Raptors super hyped for big games! Plus, Doja Cat and SZA are so unbelievably sexy!

After Hours by The Weeknd - As important as good vibes are for team building, sometimes you need to cry with the boys to get closer to them, and After Hours is a good song for all the Raptors to cuddle together and cry to.

Gusty Garden Galaxy from The Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack - Holy shit does this song knock you off your feet and just make you wanna win some hockey games. It's bombastic, its beautiful, its THE song to be motivated by.

Haunted by Demons by St4rface - What is a team pre-game soundtrack without a little hip hop? And make no mistake, st4rface is one of the best in the biz, and he drops some absolute heaters for the boys to practice their tik tok dances to!

Mood Swings by Pop Smoke ft. Lil TJay - The Colorado Raptors are big Pop Smoke fans (rest easy woo), and it was an absolute must for the tracklist, the boys go absolutely nuts when this song plays over the arena speakers during praccy (practice).

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

PBE Affiliate