Create Account

Star-Light: S60 Day 11

Good afternoon, Star Gang! I hope you American folks had a fine day blowing things up and upsetting toddlers and dogs everywhere. I know Luffy is happy he can avoid the fireworks living here in Toronto. But I digress! The Toronto North Stars come into today's sim with a fourteen-nine-and-two record, which is good for thirty-two points. They will need to gobble up points this sim like the hungry hungry hippos they are! Inconsistent play has made this season more of a battle than many people would have thought, but they are still battling with all the heart and determination that has been the staple of this squad over the past few seasons.

The Toronto North Stars have three games on the slate for today's sim, with some exciting match-ups! The Seattle Argonauts will be visiting our wonderful city; as will the Minnesota Monarchs and Hamilton Steelhawks.

The first game saw Seattle fall four to three to the Toronto North Stars, with the Toronto pulling out a victory in overtime. Shots were mostly even during this match with the North Stars edging out their foe thirty-four to thirty-two. Seattle outhit the North Stars twenty-one to seventeen, trying to assert dominance by taking the body. Luffy Richard had a nothing of a game, having two hits, a giveaway, and a takeaway, as well as a single shot on goal. There is always next time roommate!

The second game saw the Monarchs fall to the North Stars three to two, with shots on goal being a smidge more than a two to one ratio in favor of Toronto thirty-five to seventeen. I should really rewrite that sentence...all the sentences really. But we carry on! The biggest surprise is Toronto actually out-hitting someone as they were credited with thirty-five hits to the Monarchs sixteen. Luffy was worse this game going a minus-one but had four shots on goal and two hits.

The final game of the sim saw Toronto again falling victum to the Steelhawks as they three to two in overtime. Hamilton outshot the North Stars thirty-six  to twenty-nine, and pummelled the North Stars with thirty hits to Toronto's eleven. Luffy Richard had a goal with the assists going to Mika Kandinsky and Bobby Lane. He had four shots on goal, a blocked shot, took a minor penalty, and had a giveaway, so we had a mixed bag there, but Luffy's second goal of the season is always something to celebrate.

Five points out of six is a great ratio, but I know the North Stars wanted that second point against Hamilton. Toronto sits in third with a game in hand over the Steelhawks and Stampede. They are five points ahead of the Wolfpack so they can't rest. They will need to go on a tear to challenge their Great Lakes rivals, so hold on to your butts because this is going to be a while ride!

Until next time,

Shine On!

(510 words)

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

I know they are not there anymore, but who cares #drainthelakes

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]