Create Account

S60 PT #4: Identity Theft
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 08:20 PM by SlashACM.)

Thank you to everyone who stuck with me through a sticky situation regarding last week's PT. It was a nice change of pace from the usual antics to take a sec and appreciate all the wonderful users who make this site work. Love you all <3

ATTENTION: if you feel uncomfortable doing this task/prompt for whatever reason, please reach out to me! I want everyone to be comfortable and have fun doing PTs, we can for sure work something out that will be fun for you. Thanks!

After a wonderful weekend with friends during a lull in scheduled SHL games, your phone blows up. Not literally, but you kinda wish it had. It looks like someone has stolen your identity and is wreaking havoc as your online persona!

Written Task: Someone has stolen your identity! What have they done with your information? Made purchases with your credit cards? Impersonated you in a way that would get you in trouble? Or worst of all... posted a ridiculously embarrassing hot take that will make you the laughing stock of the hockey community?! How did your player react to this, and did you ever catch the culprit? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Post a fraudulent credit card charge relating to this identity theft (make it funny), depict an embarrassing social media post that was "posted" by "your player", or probably easiest of all, depict your player confronting the identity thief (complete with evil moustache)!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, July 18th at 11:59 CST.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

pH pass

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 06:48 PM by SecondSucks22.)

Carrigan made the mistake of trusting underground "secure" parking. He found this out as he was sitting eating dinner, giving him a notification that his purchase at a local store had been approved on his phone. This was weird because, how in the world would he have made that purchase from the comfort of his own apartment. That is when it hit him. He had left his wallet in his car in the underground parking of his building. He immediately cancelled all of his cards and ran down to where he had parked. The wallet was gone, but in a weird twist, a quite expensive bottle of cologne had been left on his passenger seat. He was told by cops that he could just throw out the cologne as it wasnt a part of their investigation, but he decided against it. After looking into it, he discovered that this bottle was worth atleast $200. The funny thing is, the purchase at the local store seemed a tester purchase of $30. End of the day that $30 was all the thief got out of Carrigan, while they mistakenly left the cologne in his car, making it the weirdest purchase/trade Carrigan will probably ever be a part of.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE Affiliate

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Code:
Written Task: Someone has stolen your identity! What have they done with your information? Made purchases with your credit cards? Impersonated you in a way that would get you in trouble? Or worst of all... posted a ridiculously embarrassing hot take that will make you the laughing stock of the hockey community?! How did your player react to this, and did you ever catch the culprit? (150+ words)

I have seen various TV shows when someone has gotten their identity stolen and I thought to myself "it must truly suck for that person and I hope that never happens to me." Boy that ever come to bite me back in the ass. The ID thief got ahold of my credit card and managed to go on a ridiculous shopping spree. They purchased luxury brand items that I myself would never have bought and for some reason an absurd amount of pepperoni pizza from various pizza shops. The most outlandish thing the person attempted to buy was a Tony Pepperoni jersey and that made me get an idea as to who this ID thief could possibly be. 

I sent Tony a message asking him if he was up to anything exciting recently and he chuckled and said "just bought some new items recently." That was all I needed and I let Tony knew he stole my identity and that the next time I see him on the ice, he's gonna get a "credit card" delivered to him personally by me. 

(181 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Roderic Banes awoke yesterday to three missed calls from his bank, two from his financial advisor, and an email and four calls from his agent, trying to reach him on behalf of his bank and his financial advisor. Apparently someone had emptied one of his savings accounts to invest over eleven thousand dollars into a shady company called 'Furbees 2.' The company is based in a small, unincorporated (and according to Google Earth, abandoned and uninhabited) industrial park in one of the outlying villages surrounding Murmansk Roderic was shocked by the reaction and had an immediate meeting with his bank and investment advisor to inform them that no, that was in fact him. This led to much relief, followed immediately by further stress and confusion amongst his financial advisors.

Roderic remains convinced that Furbees are going to make a comeback, and is insistent that he is 'in on the ground floor,' and 'their main investor,' and 'it's going to be fine....right?'

[Image: banes.png]

[Image: C1wpoNd.png]

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Senji Seteki awoke to mass amount of notifications on his phone.  One from his "Discover" app, around 20 text messages, and a mass amount of twitter mentions.  He was unsure what was happening, so he started investigating what was determined to be a strange charge on his credit card of $3000 from "The Sex Palace".  Extremely concerned, he locked out his card immediately to prevent further damage.  Next, Seteki saw a ton of text messages from family and friends asking him is what was said on Twitter was true.

Seteki responded to his text messages, saying that he was clearly hacked and whatever happened was not of his doing.  Upon checking his Twitter, it became obvious he needed to change his password immediately.  Someone who looked similar but not identical to Seteki had multiple pictures and videos of "Seteki" advertising for "The Sex Palace".  He was showing of a large selection of sex toys and interesting products.  Obviously, Seteki will have a long day ahead of him.

A police report was opened eventually, the culprit was tracked back to a northern Russian city, essentially out of reach of the law.  Seteki's publicist and lawyer worked to remedy the situation and Seteki went forward changing all of his passwords over to a password manager, like his friends suggested.  This will not be happening again... hopefully.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

I roll out of bed and unplug my phone. The usual routine is to take a quick shower and head to the kitchen for some breakfast. But today, that won’t be the case. As I flip over the phone, I notice 56 emails. How can that be, usually I only get a few. Maximum would be 10. When I open up the mailbox, it’s littered with offers. What could this all be about?

Well, apparently someone got a hold of my identity and found a way to sell the rights to my name as a brand. Nike Kickz, as creative a brand as there could be, now out there on the market to be sold to the highest bidder.

Of course, there are about 3 major companies that are vying to purchase my identity. Adidas would love to own my likeness and name. Its a quick marketing win to take down their competitor. Same goes for Under Armour and Puma. Everybody wants to buy me and I gotta get this sorted out quick. I’m calling my agent…

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 07:05 PM by Seymour.)

[Image: bH5Tyas.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

PT Pass

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Mat Smith woke up this morning feeling somewhat beaten up after being pulled from yesterday's game, he saw he had a bunch of messages on his phone but the last thing he wanted to do was look at them. So he went downstairs for breakfast and afterwards when he finally worked up the courage to look at his phone he found that his Twitter had been broken into and the hackers were saying some nasty stuff on his behalf. Most of it cursing out his teammates and friends in Chicago, saying things like "maybe we could have won that game if Minamino could block a shot to save his life," and "yo I sit next to Westbroek in the locker room and he actually smells so bad." Eventually Smith found out that it was the Syndicate's longtime backup goalie Shiqa that got drunk and a hold of his account, but not before some angry messages from teammates came from all of Smith's friends.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]