Create Account

(GRADED) [Deep Dive #1] - Newfoundland Berserkers Draft Recap
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 05:32 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

After coming off their season 60 Four Star Cup Championship and their incredible 56-7-3 regular season record, the Newfoundland Berserkers lost a few people to the SHL but were in good shape with a few early draft picks due to some excellent trades in the season 61 SMJHL entry level draft.  Head general manager Nhamlet and assistant general manager Juke had their work cut out for them to re-balance the team to secure the back-to-back championship.
With the fifth overall pick, a pick that they got from Detroit, the Berserkers selected Mikko Rashford, a left shot right defense from Finland. Mikko is a dynamic offensive forward with a incredible passing, shooting and offensive eye who will certainly be a powerplay quarterback someday in the future. Mikko is praised by his past managers for his incredible work ethic and his ability to focus on training both his body and mind. He is most famous around the league for his detailed three-part breakdown of his fellow draftees.
With the eleventh overall pick, a pick they got from the Quebec City Citadelles, the Berserkers picked the Omega Chad himself, Tommy Tightpants. A right wing left shot from Montreal, Tommy is a well-balanced forward who excels in physicality and beating up the other team. The Sultan of Swole himself is know for his net-front presence, strength in balance. Opposing goalies had better watch out because his huge muscles muscles will screen you from seeing that shot go in the back of the net.
The Berserkers didn’t pick again until 28th overall and with that pick they selected Jeff Larsson, a right wing, right shot forward from Langley, Canada. Jeff Larsson’s offensive ability is the definition of balance, exceling at screening, getting open, passing, puckhandling, shooting accuracy, shooting range, and offensive read. He might not be the one to get the flashy plays, but his balanced game will go a long way to helping the Berserkers win another cup. He was praised by scouts before the draft and it was a surprise that he was picked so late
I’m a little biased by this one but at 33 overall, the Berserkers picked me, Jay O’Neil, right defense from Boston, Massachusetts. I pride myself with my defensive abilities including outstanding puckhandling, hitting, checking, defensive read, and stamina. The main goal of my career is to make sure that the opposing teams find it next to impossible to score when I’m on the ice. Already seen looking fresh in his new Berserkers uniform, Jay is bound to have a great career as a shutdown defenseman.
With the next pick in the draft at 42 overall, the Berserkers picked Pope Coswi, a right shot center from Sacramento. The Holiness is a playmaking center with balance offensive ability who excels at passing and faceoffs, a player that will slot in well with Jeff and Tommy and is about to get a rookie record in assists with those two.
With their last pick in the draft at 47 overall, the Berserkers picked Alexander Mackenzie, a right shot right wing forward who grew up just a few blocks from the Berserkers home stadium. Alexander is the ultimate balanced forward who excels at all aspects of his game. Known for his high work ethic, Alexander can be seen at every possible training and in his free time as already made a podcast talking to Nhamlet about the draft.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Approved!

+5 TPE @Sburbine