Create Account

The Ray Report™ #3 - Dine and Dash [x2 First Media]
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 07:59 PM by Kierkan.)

All of my previous media pieces have been x2 Draft, so I'm using the x2 First bonus on this piece.

The waiter took a long draw from his cigarette and continued scrolling through his phone. Sitting on the steps out behind the restaurant, nobody was likely to bother him here. "How much longer on my break?" he wondered to himself, stretching his legs out. "Maybe the restaurant business isn't for me after all". Across the small alley, a small group of bushes began to rustle back and forth. The waiter put his phone away and stood up, peering into the darkness towards the noise. He heard whispering voices that seemed to be having an argument. Stomping out his cigarette and putting the butt into a coffee tin, he walked slowly towards the bushes. As he came within a few feet, two figures jumped out of the darkness like a mountain lion pouncing on its prey. There was a struggle, hands and feet flew every which way. The waiter fell to the ground, and a big sweaty hand clasped over his mouth. He tried to scream, flail and bite, but it was no use. He felt himself slipping away, and desperately fought the encroaching darkness that threatened to consume him. It was no use, and the last thing the waiter thought before he succumbed to the blackness was "Yeah, definitely not for me."

-

"Here, here! Put him here!" a gruff voice sounded and pointed towards the bushes. A big sweaty man in a stained wife beater maneuvered the unconscious waiter into the foliage and out of sight. Exhausted from the exertion, the sweaty individual pulled out a half melted chocolate bar from his pocket, and began to open it. "Really? Do you have to eat that now?" the gruff voice scolded. The sweaty man shrugged and eyed the waiter. "Do you think he's dead?" The gruff man snorted and replied "Of course he isn't dead Cam, he's just unconscious. Make sure nobody is coming, I'm going to change" Cam shrugged and took a bite from his chocolate bar. Half of it broke off and fell onto his shirt, adding to the nightmarish stains that slightly resembled some kind of abstract art.

Ray Porter stepped out of the bushes and brushed himself off. Normally wearing an ill-fitted and patchy suit, he had switched his regular attire with that of the Waiters. He straightened the pouch at the bottom of the apron, and looked down at his newly acquired dress shoes. "They fit pretty good!" Ray remarked as he continued to admire his shiny new shoes. Cam Ramen didn't hear him, or if he did he didn't respond. He just continued eating his chocolate bar with his head tilted sideways, staring up at the stars in the sky. He had a strange glazed look in his eyes, but that was typical for Ray's bumbling companion. "There's just one thing missing..." Ray said as he reached into his pockets. He brought out a comically large fake mustache. Carefully, he patted it above his upper lip. It was so big, it covered half of his mouth. The color didn't even match Ray's greasy and unkempt brown hair. "Now, that's perfect!" he exclaimed in victory. Cam turned and looked at his friend. "You look like Super Mario" he mused, and was immediately lost in thought about goombas, coins, and magic mushrooms. Unimpressed, Ray waved his hand dismissively. "No matter Cam, video game character or not, OUR princess is in THIS castle!" He pointed to the restaurant. Cam followed his finger and looked. "Uhhh, what? What are we doing here?" Cam asked in befuddlement. Ray got serious for a moment, or, rather, as serious as he could be. "LaFleur is in there, and we're going to get our exclusive interview whether he likes it or not." Cam thought for a moment before responding, "Doesn't he have a restraining order against us? Are you sure this is a good idea?" Ray ruffled his fake mustache and straightened his posture. "Come on Cam, it's dinner time"

Richard LaFleur sat inside his favorite restaurant in downtown Calgary. It was a relatively slow night, being the middle of the week, but the privacy and quiet suited LaFleur just fine. Across from the table with him was Johnny Blaze, one of the producers for Dragons.tv. With spiked orange hair, one would wonder if Johnny was taking his name a little too literally. LaFleur took a sip from a glass of water, and nodded towards Johnny. "Alright then Richard, let's get going." Johnny started, and rested his fingers on the keyboard on his laptop. "First, how was your off season?"

Richard brought out his phone and replied, "I actually have some texts from teammates that wanted to be a part of this interview. I'll give you their answers to that question first, then we'll get into mine." Johnny nodded in understanding. "This one is from #A-Rye. There's a good chance he was on quaaludes when he wrote it."

Quote:Now that #A-Rye makes his own money, he has decided that he only wants to talk with words twice a month.  So I Mike Izzy will speak for my son today and talk a little about his last year..

Coming off a #Killowna Championship my 18-year-old son got promoted to the Dragons with a slot next to his knights line mate Richard LaFleur with a starting roll in hand. The nights did a wonderful job with # … allowing him to progress at his own pace each season until that final year where he became captain and was ready for perform at the highest levels.

His rookie season was fantastic.. he brought that winning energy up with him which I believe translated into what we saw with the dragons in s61.. that fiery never die attitude which got them to the Western Conference championships… A refuse to lose attitude!

#A-Rye ended up with 26 points, 85 hits and +16 in his rookie year.. The off-season was pretty strong as the S58 draft pick moves into the regular season with a TPE build over 1000! … my kids getting better and fast!… his one weakness is his in ability to adjust to fantasy sports in the FHM era… he stinks at it!.. hopefully in the future he can start to earn that 10 TPE each season.. outside of that his game is progressing well and should be a important piece of the roster in his sophomore season.

Mike Izzy, son of #A-Rye Izzy -

Richard flipped through his phone. "This is one is Esa"

Quote:Parmborg's off-season was quite relaxing, he returned home to Hella Iceland and visited with family and friends. Every off-season when Parmborg goes back to his hometown they throw a festival in his honor. This includes the obvious chicken parm eating contest as well as other fun games like a dunk tank where fans can have a chance to dunk Parmborg into a barrel of tomato sauce. He's a good sport and is all about giving back to his small hometown community. He also donates money and this off-season he opened up a restaurant where everyone can eat dinner for free once a week. Parmborg pays the staff and foots the bill, he also bangs the waitresses so at least he gets a nice litle bonus out of it. After his visit to his hometown, he did some fishing in Alaska, spending 3 weeks in the wilderness catching salmon and trout. It was a great trip, he even wrestled a bear and won. After that he headed back to Calgary to begin his off-season training focusing on cardio but then got tired and decided to focus on strength and improving his center of gravity by putting on both fat and muscle. It went well he's coming into the season as a robust 300 pounds and is ready to lay down in the net and block shots with his ass if Vilde or Amundsen falter. Parmborg also worked on his shot and plans to shoot more this season, 30 goals is something he has in his sights and after his dominant performance in the playoffs last season fans are expecting a big year from Esa Parmborg. He has a potential new linemate in the great Nat Emerson this season as well as a returning Joseph Weston, we expect exciting things from Calgary in S61!

Johnny blaze nodded and typed furiously. "He may or may not need to lay off the parm a little bit, but fat chance" Richard remarked.

"This one is from Chris."

Quote:Well, I went offseason a little bit faster than expected. I always assume finals in my schedule. I spend a week in Latvia. In the countryside. Spend week milking cows, doing chores. Made tasty soups, rare steaks, pork chops and pork belly for my family. The beef stew was made too. How I could forget that? That was amazingly delicious. Every morning we started with painting in nature. I rewoke the Bob Ross out of me. Just a touch of the brush and there You go - a lovely pine tree. Then put the brush in turpentine and clap the shit out of it. I say - 4 hours from the day are gone but that was a lovely change in my life. Then I went back to Calgary to prepare for the offseason. Since I realized I'm a shit player. I have to do double work. I bought a special belt for my back because motherfucker hurts from the last Poroshenkos hit from conference finals. Mf straight windmill me but hey - a clean hit! That's a lot of respect to him. Anyway, with the belt, I can endure a long training process. I feel strength coming more like 69 TPE. Also every day in  Calgary Dragons locker room is like a comedy show. Discussions about recent HO actions, pranks made by Esa, foods made by Esa, food pranks made by Esa, Izzy's tiger doing fun tricks, Makela refreshes locker room with daily Asian beauty pics etc. I enjoy the last draft, the Boyz are outstanding, they are all better than me already. It will be a wild ride when they will be unleashed in SHL ice. Gerry gonna show his game, the rookie squad is going to keep killing them all as a sophomore squad now, Esa is going to keep using his parm energy, Barry is going to drink the game his way, Joseph has to keep us all together while Bouchard slowly turns into dust. Nat is a great addition of experience and strength, love to see him here!  S61! Here we go!

Richard put his phone away and straightened his back. "Where's the waiter? I'm starving" LaFleur looked around, and Johnny shrugged. "Okay Richard, now some questions for you."

Quote:What was the highlight of the last season for you?

It has to be in the Playoffs. We were facing Seattle in the first round, and Calgary was yet to win a series in the Franchise Hockey Manager era. It was Game 7 in overtime, the stakes could not be higher. With our season on the line, I stepped up in the neutral zone and caused a turnover. The puck found me in the high slot and I buried it to give us the win, and the series. The locker room went crazy, and I'd never been more proud to be a Dragon. It was a very special moment for me, and the team.

Quote:Which figure in the LR do you look up to the most?

There are a lot of veterans in the locker room who have my utmost respect. They all conduct themselves in a way to be emulated, and getting to know them has been a fantastic part of my journey in the SHL. In particular, I'd say Esa embodies through and through what it means to be a Dragon. Not only on the ice, but off the ice too. His loyalty and commitment to his friends and teammates, is nothing short of remarkable. I'm very proud to wear the same jersey as him.

Quote:Do you have a personal goal to achieve by the end of the season?

There is always room for improvement, so it would be a bit of a cop out to say to "score more goals" or "defend better". Overall, I just want to continue to have fun with my teammates, doing what we love to do. So I'll say my goal is to be as good of a teammate I can be this season.

Quote:Do you have a team you enjoy playing against the most?

I wouldn't necessarily say I ENJOY playing them, but our games with Edmonton are always competitive. The natural rivals aspect in the battle for Alberta means we'll always have meaningful games with them. Whether it's the preseason, or in the playoffs, whenever we're on the ice with the Blizzard, emotions are high and we play hard hockey. Having swept them in the playoffs last year, I imagine they'll be back this year hungrier and with something to prove.

Quote:6. Do you have a pregame routine?

Besides the usual workout and nap, I'm pretty vanilla I'd say. I don't have any weird superstitions that have to be completed before a game. If the opportunity arises to crush a baconator during the day, I'm not going to say no.

Quote:Have you pulled any pranks in the LR?

Pranking #A-Rye is my favorite thing to do. It's also extremely easy, and he falls for EVERYTHING. Loosening bottle lids, filling his gloves with powder, taping his skates, hitting him with a snow shower at every possibility. You name it, I've done it to A-Rye. One time I even left him alone in downtown Buffalo at 3 in the morning. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have, but it was hilarious.

Quote:What branding do you like most in the League that isn't the Dragons?

Well the Dragons would be my first choice, obviously. I think the Philadelphia Forge have a pretty good logo and color scheme, so I'll go with that.

Quote:Do you have a personal goal for your player's career?

Not in terms of statistics. I'll just keep working and whatever happens in that regard. In terms of legacy, I'd want to just be remembered as a good teammate. Someone they could rely on, or go to if they needed guidance or advice. I'd want my off-ice contributions to be remembered more than just numbers on the ice.

Quote:How do you feel about the two new teams in the League?

They didn't do too bad in the pre-season, so I'm interested to see how things shape up throughout the year.

Quote:If you didn't play the position you did currently, which would you rather play?

I probably wouldn't play hockey honestly! I love the mind-games of defense, and I relish the opportunity to completely shut down the rush or break up the play in our zone. Being able to frustrate or discourage the other teams offense is a great thrill. Scoring bombs from the point is pretty fun too.

Quote:What suggestion do you have to improve the league?

I don't have anything specific in mind, I'm still not experienced enough in all facets to give any meaningful feedback. I will say, however, that I'm very tired of doing PTs that have literally nothing to do with hockey.

Quote:You get a PT pass but can't ever post anything else on the forums besides claiming that PT pass, do you do it?

Hell no, how would I update! Doing the PTs every week is a good way to keep the user engaged, even if the prompts are sometimes lacking. Having a steady stream of things to do breaks the monotony and gives longevity.

Quote:You have to get rid of one permanently, which is it: Cake, tacos, burger, beer, or milkshakes

I'm going to go and say cake. Wait, wait, I know, I know! I know what you're thinking but hear me out. Out of all of those listed, I can say with confidence cake is the one I eat the LEAST on a consistent basis. So it just makes sense from a numbers standpoint. Pie is better anyway. YEAH I SAID IT.

Quote:What have you liked most about your game during your rookie season?

I'd say overall I had a pretty decent rookie season in the SHL. My biggest fear was just being completely useless and nothing but a liability every time I touched the puck. It didn't turn out that way, and I ended with 31 points and +25, which I'll definitely take. Having my overtime winner in the playoffs was pretty huge as well. Overall, I'm very happy with how things turned out.

Quote:What has been the biggest challenge on the ice during your rookie season?

The grind has affected me a bit, for sure. Struggling to bring my best each and every night with such a demanding schedule. Sometimes I felt like I phoned it in, and just didn't put my all into it every time. It was an issue I'm aware of, and I'm going to make some adjustments to make sure the Dragons get the best version of LaFleur possible.

Quote:Who is your roommate on the road and what kind of odd or funny quirks do they have?

#A-Rye has been my partner in crime and closest friend since our time together in Kelowna. We came in together, and we're constantly comparing ourselves to one another. I'm not even talking about hockey, I mean "Who can eat the most tacos?" "How many beers can you drink before you pass out?" "Fastest time to bring a girl back to the hotel", things like that. Don't get me started on his quirks. It took me long enough to get used to his LITERAL TIGER, let alone his boisterous personality and infallible wit.

Quote:Who's jersey is a better seller among female fans ages 18-34, yours or Izzy's?

This question has popped up a few times from our tenure in Kelowna. As I said before, we're always in competition with each other. I don't need to bring out the sales records to prove anything, just take a look around the arena during warmups. See the ice bunnies pounding on the glass and take a look for yourself whose name is on the back of their jersey.

Quote:Is it true that the team made you pick up the entire tab for dinner on opening night? How much was it?

This one is actually brutal. It was our first road trip, I don't remember what city we were in, maybe Seattle. We had the entire team there, coaching staff, trainers, everyone. Weston was giving a bit of a drunken speech about what it meant to be a Dragon, and advice for us newer guys going into the year. "This was great!" I thought to myself as I crushed lobster, steak, and this weird green stuff that I have no idea what it was, but it was expensive. As the night went on, people petered out until there was only five or six of us players left at the table. Esa got up and patted me on the shoulder. He plopped the cheque down in front of me, and left without a word. #A-Rye was way gone at this point, and I asked for his credit card so I could go grab some smokes. On my way out, I put the entire $6700 tab on Izzy's card. The funniest part is, it actually went through. I don't think he even checks his statements to tell you the truth, he probably doesn't even know about it. Oops.

-------------------

The waiter finally appeared, and asked in a very strange accent "Yessa, what cane I getch for ya?" Richard looked at the man, he was sweaty with disgusting brown hair, and a very offputting mustache that seemed half fallen off his face. "Uhhhh, yeah can I just get some fettuccini please?" Richard asked in a polite tone, his eyes narrowing in on the waiter. The waiter seemed to scribble something onto a pad of paper and replied "Fannnntastic choice sir, and how do you feel about Calgary's overall performance last season?" Richard stared and said, "What?" The waiter blinked and continued to scribble on the paper. Without looking up, the waiter continued, "Alright seeeer, would you like a cesar salad, french fries, or a consistent performance on the road this year?" Johnny Blaze looked perplexed, and sat there not saying anything. Richard started to  become uncomfortable, and was definitely confused. "Listen, if you want an autograph or something, just ask. I just want to get some food and go back home."

The waiter lit up, and thrust his pad of paper towards LaFleur. He looked down and saw an absolutely atrocious sketch of a...fox? a cat? He wasn't sure, but he WAS sure that the drawing was terrible. The waiter waited, but Richard just stared at the abomination in front of him.

"Hey get one for me too!" a voice boomed from a couple tables over. There was a man in a nasty white shirt, stuffing wings into his mouth. There seemed to be an employee beside him trying to usher him out. "Sir, you have to leave. This isn't your table, and you're scaring the guests eating here."

Richards eyes expanded with realization. "Cam?" he asked the unsightly man so rudely intruding and eating other peoples food. The greasy man stopped, and the waiter in front of him froze as well. Richards eyes narrowed in on the waiter, who began to fumble and fidget nervously. In an instant, the gigantic mustache fell off the waiters face, and slowly drifted down right into LaFleurs glass of water.

"Ray Porter!" LaFleur bellowed.

Ray yelled at the top of his lungs, and looked like a deer in headlights. There was a series of motion, and someone emerged from the back near the kitchen in their underwear. "You!" the ACTUAL waiter yelled, and pointed at Ray. Realizing the situation, Ray yelped and dove immediately through the first window he saw. Leading with his shoulder, he smashed through the glass and onto the street on the other side. Cam waddled after him, fists full of dripping chicken wings. When he hit the opening, he didn't jump more than he just hit the opening with his legs and tumbled over face first. The employees of the restaurant dialed 9-1-1 while Ray and Cam took off down the street. Johnny stared in bewildered amazement.

LaFleur sighed and picked up the notepad left behind. He ripped off the piece of paper with the drawing on it, and stuffed it into his pocket.

"Maybe I'll just go to McDonalds" LaFleur pondered to himself.

Alright so maybe Weston'll lay off the drinks, or at least only before he gives the speeches. Loving every piece you've put out and this one's no different. This is some amazing media!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

This was fantastic! Please write more often!!

Also only $6700 you got off easy on that dinner! Wink

Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2021, 12:16 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:
Pranking #A-Rye is my favorite thing to do. It's also extremely easy, and he falls for EVERYTHING. **Loosening bottle lids***, filling his gloves with powder, taping his skates, hitting him with a snow shower at every possibility. You name it, I've done it to A-Rye. One time I even left him alone in downtown Buffalo at 3 in the morning. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have, but it was hilarious.

#A-Rye doesn’t mind because you loosen the bottle lids of his malt liquor.
#friendship

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Really well done, very funny

Dragonite

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]