Create Account

Jean- Paul Boivin Announces His Final Season

[Image: JPB_Shadow_Box.png]
Jean-Paul walks out to the stage. The grizzled Edmonton captain is wearing his iconic navy suit with his blizzard blue tie. He gazes out to the crowd and pans the room. He stops and waves to a few family friends before looking back down at the podium. The crowd quietens down as Jean-Paul begins to fidget with his note cards. After a few moments, he speaks.
“'As professional as hockey is and professional sports are, we have highs and we have lows and in life it seems to be the general feeling that, unfortunately, sometimes you go to funerals and, fortunately, sometimes you get to go weddings and fun parties. And to me, this is a party. Let me tell you, It’s been an absolute rager.
''It's obvious that today I have officially retired. This season will be my last season. For the last couple of weeks, a lot of people have been asking me why this is the time. It's a gut feel, something I really believe is right. I love the game and I love to play. However, it is now time that I make room for these young guns.
''It's tough, it's hard, it's going to be a big change for me, but a challenge and change that I look forward to in the future. I said to many people, many times that everything I have in my life I owe to the Simulation Hockey League and the game of hockey. It brought me endless moments and memories and great times.
''It's a game, but it's something we all love to do. We go every day to get better and better. We go to win and we go to be the best we can be.
“Right now before we get to the questions, I want to thank all the people I met on this journey. First I want to thank Arnost Holub and the Vancouver Whalers Organization for taking a chance on me so long ago. Without them, I wouldn’t have made it to this level. Along with them, I would like to thank those I played with while in Vancouver: Jax Duggan, Dale Miller, Aaron Wilson, Theo Morgan, Bjorn Leppanen, Francois Breton, and many more that I could name. I am proud to have raised the four-star cup for the franchise. @"luketd" @Inf1d3l@SecondSucks22@dmills3@aaronwilson@Otrebor13@puolivalmiste@treesap
“Next, I would like to thank the Edmonton Organization for allowing me to be part of their historic franchise. Being picked 23rd as a no-name player, I hope that I have surpassed the expectations placed on me by the staff. During my time in Edmonton, I have played with some exceptional individuals. I could sit here and start rattling off the names of current to future Hall of Famers… which is what I am gonna do. Tommy Tuck, Tor Tuck, Tony Pepperoni, William Hartmann, Karlstraße Scholz,Gabriel Johnson, James Truong, FInn Rhys, Julio Tokolosh,  Conor Tanner. All of them are amazing players and people. I could go on about the current roster, but honestly naming off names lost some of its lusters as I said, Conner Tanner. Just know that I appreciate every single teammate I have played with.” @Muford@"TommySalami"@boom@karlssens@Gwdjohnson@James Truong@FinnRhys@Julio Tokolosh@Keygan
Jean-Paul pauses for a moment and clears his throat. He shuffles his notecards a few more times before continuing. 
“There are many more people I could name from my time in IIHF. However, I can wish to single out three individuals in particular. Simon LeBlanc, Rotticus Scott, and Matt Kholin. You three deserve more praise. @Briedaqueduc@RotticusScott@Kalakar
''We've got new adventures ahead of us and new horizons. I have two children that are looking forward to me spending more time at the house, my daughter didn't want to come today because she was going to cry too much, so she's at home watching, And, of course, Kim, who believe me has really tried to make sure that I was sure that I was making the right decision. As every player knows, our significant others go through a whole lot. They win with us, they lose with us and they want us to be successful, they want us to be happy. People say that when you leave the rink you leave the game at the rink and that's not true.
''We're human, we bring it home, we're highly emotional athletes. We're all lucky we have good people behind us and I know I have a great wife. She's there through thick and thin. I think we're both at peace of mind today. Today, I want to enjoy this and want to celebrate this. I just want to thank everyone who I ever played with and who was ever in an organization that I was part of, whether it be Team Canada Junior, or Team Canada, I loved it.
''Thank you''.
Jean-Paul picks up one of the microphones and performs his final “mic drop.” He proceeds to pick it back up because he promised a Q&A section after his speech.

Speaking as the user now, I know I could have named fifty more people that have made the league what it is for me. However, JPB may not have interacted with the player or I may have gotten tired writing players names. Both are likely. That said, I hope no one feels slighted and yes I ripped of Gretzky's retirement speech. I just thought it was a fun way to do a retirement post, and set up a potential recreate as JPB's kid. I will still be around the league and I do plan to recreate. So I guess I'll be doing PTs soon. And just to be clear for the rules in case I need to be more explicit. Jean-Paul Boivin retires this season. 

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

rip sweet prince

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

I would say at least you were active but you kind of stopped doing that... /s

Blizzard great. Love having you in the LR and love seeing the cool gfx you post. Pretty badass stuff. Excited to see you'll be coming back with a new player! P.S. Your Nevade logo is better.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Blizzard and graphics legend! Congratulations on the career and best of luck on the new player!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

09-15-2021, 11:34 AMTommySalami Wrote: I would say at least you were active but you kind of stopped doing that... /s

Blizzard great. Love having you in the LR and love seeing the cool gfx you post. Pretty badass stuff. Excited to see you'll be coming back with a new player! P.S. Your Nevade logo is better.

Based

CURRENT PLAYER

FORMER PLAYER

Great player, great career! Had a blast playing with you for Team Canada. Jean-Paul Boivin will be missed.

_/_/_/

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

What do I do with my subscription to boivin.tv? It's my favorite streaming service

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Rip legend

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Absolute fucking legend. Please be sure to hang around in EDM and let me know if you wanna be purple or gold.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Respect to a legend, been an honor facing off against you. Best of luck in retirement!

_/ _/ _/

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Congratulations on a great career.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I always feel extra old when I see players retire who came into the league after me ... but regardless of that, happy retirement!  Cheers

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

09-15-2021, 12:55 PMCarpy48 Wrote: I always feel extra old when I see players retire who came into the league after me ... but regardless of that, happy retirement!  Cheers
Imagine how Tommy feels.

CURRENT PLAYER

FORMER PLAYER

Happy retirement and grats on great career, those were some good times in Whalers

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Great career and you sure made a name for yourself around the SHL. Loved playing with you in VAN, CAN and our brief time together in EDM. Look forward to seeing the next player and hopefully meeting along the way.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]